So I got a surgery date (finally)

Alpha_Omega

I'm sure some of you have seen me talk about it before. I'm getting surgery on March 30th. They need to attach two metal rods onto my spine -- one by cutting the back open, one by going through the stomach --.

Small chance of paralysis. Small but still scary as all hell.

Fortunately the Neurosurgeon I'm going to just won an award for his work so I think I'm in good hands. Still scary, though. :(

Wish me luck. :)

I know we been against each other in some battles here at the forum but if you're serious on this one. Goodluck man and get well soon.

Thanks' date=' man. I was expecting some enemies to come in here and wish paralysis upon me, as I know I'm not the most charming guy here. lol. I appreciate that.

uch bro. Dang, I was like a little girl after having my gal bladder out a month and a half ago. I can't imagine all that.

Good luck, and keep us informed as best you can.

Thanks, man. Will do.

I know we been against each other in some battles here at the forum but if you're serious on this one. Goodluck man and get well soon.

I give this guy hell all the time, but he was the first to offer his thoughts. I'd like to echo his words and say good luck to Alpha, and come back ranting soon.

And to applaud Raffy, for being a nice guy here.

I'm sure some of you have seen me talk about it before. I'm getting surgery on March 30th. They need to attach two metal rods onto my spine -- one by cutting the back open' date=' one by going through the stomach --.

Fortunately the Neurosurgeon I'm going to just won an award for his work so I think I'm in good hands. Still scary, though. :(

Wish me luck. :)[/quote']

Good Luck Man.

I'm sure some of you have seen me talk about it before. I'm getting surgery on March 30th. They need to attach two metal rods onto my spine -- one by cutting the back open' date=' one by going through the stomach --.

man thats nasty! GOOD LUCK MAN

best of luck bro, god willing everything will work out and u will have a speedy recovery, god bless u

Good luck man! I had to have back surgery after leaving the military, and mentally it sucks. I have had a bunch of more minor procedures done, mostly ortho stuff done due to sports/training injuries. By far, the back procedure was the most mentally intimidating. I wish you the very best, and you are in my thoughts.

March 30 is a Tuesday, which means I have a match that day (the last Tuesday of every month, our practice consists of a friendly competition with a sister gym nearby). I will dedicate that match to you sir.

Good luck!

Good luck man! I had to have back surgery after leaving the military' date=' and mentally it sucks. I have had a bunch of more minor procedures done, mostly ortho stuff done due to sports/training injuries. By far, the back procedure was the most mentally intimidating. I wish you the very best, and you are in my thoughts.

March 30 is a Tuesday, which means I have a match that day (the last Tuesday of every month, our practice consists of a friendly competition with a sister gym nearby). I will dedicate that match to you sir.

Good luck![/quote']

Yeah it's pretty intimidating and will get worse the closer it gets I'm sure. Thanks for the well wishes and let me know how your match goes. :)

Wow....that's harsh. I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

Damn crazy.. Goodluck. Hope the surgery is a success.

Are you expected to make a full recovery? Or will there be things that you can't do anymore?

Unfortunately the doctor doesn't expect I will be able to train anymore. Then again I haven't been able to train for over a year due to my back pain. I got pinched nerves and grinding vertebrae. But I was still hoping I'd be able to after this surgery. Honestly my biggest inspiration for that right now is Nogueira. If he can do it with his situation as a kid, I'm hoping I can.

Thanks everyone.

wish you well brother.

Archived