Case number 3[B]k[/B]89[B]e[/B]23[B]v[/B]55[B]bo[/B]

KungFuMaster

This is the case of a young adult who was traumatized as a child. Young Kevbo Jones was raised in a Catholic setting which had all the values of hard working middle class families. He was a bright little fella, full of joy and promises. Early on, his parents held high hopes for him, for he demonstrated keen aptitudes for religion and was able to recite word for word verses in the Bible. The parents were so proud, thinking their son will someday be an ordained minister and lead their church to salvation. Little did they know, a turn of events was going to change little Kevbo Jones? course of life forever.

On the night of Kevbo?s Bible recital, he stepped outside to rehearse while the rest of the congregation was inside eagerly awaiting the program. Young Kevbo rehearsed and pretended to be a minister, chest and chin up high looking very esteemed. As he continued to rehearsed, Pastor Slowhand approached him. ?Kevbo, are you ready for your recital??

?Yes I am, Pastor Slowhand. I?m just rehearsing,? Kevbo responded.

?Are you nervous?? the Pastor asked.

?A little.?

?Well, don?t be. Step into my office and I?ll help you ease the nerves.?

?Sure, Pastor Slowhand.?

The truth of what really happened in Pastor Slowhand?s office may never be revealed, for young Kevbo Jones refuses to accept it and has blocked it out from his memory. A grown man now, Kevbo Jones can no longer recall that night nor figure out why he resents religion. Not knowing where the inspiration comes from but is determined to discredit religion, particularly Christianity and Catholicism. Men in history do unexplained acts of greatness as will Kevbo Jones, for he will never know why it is his calling to expose religion for what some say it really is.

The truth of what really happened in Pastor Slowhand?s office may never be revealed' date=' for young Kevbo Jones refuses to accept it and has blocked it out from his memory. A grown man now, Kevbo Jones can no longer recall that night nor figure out why he resents religion. Not knowing where the inspiration comes from but is determined to discredit religion, particularly Christianity and Catholicism. Men in history do unexplained acts of greatness as will Kevbo Jones, for he will never know why it is his calling to expose religion for what some say it really is.[/quote']

Even implying what I think you could be inplying is wrong. I almost never see eye to eye with Kevbo but insinuating that This is the reason he detests religion is a little low for you to be shooting there Kungfu. Just saying man, I know your post was in jest but how would you feel if it were true or if somone who had this happen to them came accross it.

And I do see the Irony that this is comming from me Mr. King Of Sensititvity and all.

Even implying what I think you could be inplying is wrong. I almost never see eye to eye with Kevbo but insinuating that This is the reason he detests religion is a little low for you to be shooting there Kungfu. Just saying man' date=' I know your post was in jest but how would you feel if it were true or if somone who had this happen to them came accross it.

And I do see the Irony that this is comming from me Mr. King Of Sensititvity and all.[/quote']

hey! have'nt you been banned?;)

Even implying what I think you could be inplying is wrong. I almost never see eye to eye with Kevbo but insinuating that This is the reason he detests religion is a little low for you to be shooting there Kungfu. Just saying man' date=' I know your post was in jest but how would you feel if it were true or if somone who had this happen to them came accross it.

And I do see the Irony that this is comming from me Mr. King Of Sensititvity and all.[/quote']

Ya that would be messed up if something like that really did happen!!!:eek:

hey! have'nt you been banned?;)

I thought I would have been but I recieved overwhelming Support from 90% of the posters in the thread. Also it helped that "he" stepped in and showed everyone how much of a "insert expitive here" he was. He even got Kevbo to blow up and say he would slit his throat and **** the wound. Which supprised me as Kevbo is usually one of the more level headed ones on here IMO.

Maybe the key to not being banned is just admitting that you know you were in full knowlage you would be when you post it up.

I thought I would have been but I recieved overwhelming Support from 90% of the posters in the thread. Also it helped that "he" stepped in and showed everyone how much of a "insert expitive here" he was. He even got Kevbo to blow up and say he would slit his throat and **** the wound. Which supprised me as Kevbo is usually one of the more level headed ones on here IMO.

Maybe the key to not being banned is just admitting that you know you were in full knowlage you would be when you post it up.

i know i was on for a while but there is a limit to how much stupidity i can cope with and he just fills my tank up really fast.

glad your still here buddy.......

oh and FU you know someone is going to do one on you dont you?

Maybe Kevbo just prefers to use logic & common sense in his thinking, rather than fairy tales written by men who cannot prove any of what they say. The Bible or religion in general is a crutch to make people feel secure about their own mortality. People are afraid that when they die, that it's all over. Believing in life after death or reincarnation or Heaven or whatever makes them feel better.It gives people a way to push their fear off on some "creator". Read the Bible & use your brain to see that a person cannot "part" the Red Sea, or live to be 1000 years old, or rise from the grave, or lose their strength just because they get a haircut. Those stories are just that...stories.

Maybe Kevbo just prefers to use logic & common sense in his thinking' date=' rather than fairy tales written by men who cannot prove any of what they say. The Bible or religion in general is a crutch to make people feel secure about their own mortality. People are afraid that when they die, that it's all over. Believing in life after death or reincarnation or Heaven or whatever makes them feel better.It gives people a way to push their fear off on some "creator". Read the Bible & use your brain to see that a person cannot "part" the Red Sea, or live to be 1000 years old, or rise from the grave, or lose their strength just because they get a haircut. Those stories are just that...stories.[/quote']

With your logic History is just stories. The way you learn it in school at least. Lets please not make this thread into ANOTHER religion debate.

This is the case of a young adult who was traumatized as a child. Young Kevbo Jones was raised in a Catholic setting which had all the values of hard working middle class families. He was a bright little fella' date=' full of joy and promises. Early on, his parents held high hopes for him, for he demonstrated keen aptitudes for religion and was able to recite word for word verses in the Bible. The parents were so proud, thinking their son will someday be an ordained minister and lead their church to salvation. Little did they know, a turn of events was going to change little Kevbo Jones? course of life forever.

On the night of Kevbo?s Bible recital, he stepped outside to rehearse while the rest of the congregation was inside eagerly awaiting the program. Young Kevbo rehearsed and pretended to be a minister, chest and chin up high looking very esteemed. As he continued to rehearsed, Pastor Slowhand approached him. ?Kevbo, are you ready for your recital??

?Yes I am, Pastor Slowhand. I?m just rehearsing,? Kevbo responded.

?Are you nervous?? the Pastor asked.

?A little.?

?Well, don?t be. Step into my office and I?ll help you ease the nerves.?

?Sure, Pastor Slowhand.?

The truth of what really happened in Pastor Slowhand?s office may never be revealed, for young Kevbo Jones refuses to accept it and has blocked it out from his memory. A grown man now, Kevbo Jones can no longer recall that night nor figure out why he resents religion. Not knowing where the inspiration comes from but is determined to discredit religion, particularly Christianity and Catholicism. Men in history do unexplained acts of greatness as will Kevbo Jones, for he will never know why it is his calling to expose religion for what some say it really is.[/quote']

Hahaha! Brilliant, I love the idea that Kevbo was once deeply religious. Keep up the good investigating.

I could have sworn this was an MMA forum. I may be wrong, I'm not always right at all.

And btw....arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still an are-tard. I don't mind a debate, but anytime you get vindictive and petty on the internet, you fail. Just my two cents. I realize certain dudes on here can be total D-bags, but leave them be. Don't fuel their D-baggery.

Can't wait to actually start talking about fighting, and fight related topics real soon. Hopefully it's fun!

-Farva

I could have sworn this was an MMA forum. I may be wrong' date=' I'm not always right at all.

And btw....arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still an are-tard. I don't mind a debate, but anytime you get vindictive and petty on the [i']internet[/i], you fail. Just my two cents. I realize certain dudes on here can be total D-bags, but leave them be. Don't fuel their D-baggery.

Can't wait to actually start talking about fighting, and fight related topics real soon. Hopefully it's fun!

-Farva

This is the "Outside the UFC" section, here is where all things unrelated to the UFC are discussed, whether it be discussions of other promotions or anything else at all, here is where general discussion happens usually. If you just want to discuss MMA and nothing else, you'll be better off in the main part of the forum.

Touche'

You are correct, but my point was that maybe there shouldn't be this section on the forum. It seems to me too much of the animosity I see here carries over into the MMA portions of the forum. I never post up in this section because of all the flaming. But you have a point, I could just stick purely to the MMA threads. I will concede that.

I still hold my original point that flaming on the internet is completely stupid. It's ok to disagree, that's part of debate. But going out of you way to trash talk or threaten a person on the internet, a place where most of us will never meet face to face and there is no actual confrontation? That just seems to stupid for words.

I know I'm wasting my breath, because asking for no flaming on the internet is like asking for no fat people at Burger King. It's just gonna happen. Still, threads like this one are enough to get me ranting.

Though I do thank you for keeping me grounded Ares. Kudos.

Touche'

You are correct' date=' but my point was that maybe there shouldn't be this section on the forum. It seems to me too much of the animosity I see here carries over into the MMA portions of the forum. I never post up in this section because of all the flaming. But you have a point, I could just stick purely to the MMA threads. I will concede that.

I still hold my original point that flaming on the internet is completely stupid. It's ok to disagree, that's part of debate. But going out of you way to trash talk or threaten a person on the internet, a place where most of us will never meet face to face and there is no actual confrontation? That just seems to stupid for words.

I know I'm wasting my breath, because asking for no flaming on the internet is like asking for no fat people at Burger King. It's just gonna happen. Still, threads like this one are enough to get me ranting.

Though I do thank you for keeping me grounded Ares. Kudos.[/quote']

I don't think flaming is too bad around here, I'll agree that there's a lot of debate, usually between Fast and Kevbo_Jones, but I don't think a lot of it descends into flaming. I've been hanging around this section of the forum for a while now and I don't think flaming is a paticular issue, but I agree that it can be pretty futile unless the flaming has a purpose (besides flaming). There are a lot of debates here that can turn a bit heated due to the subject matter (Religion, Gay marriage etc.) but generally it's unlikely to turn personal.

This thread was created as a joke, the OP is just doing it for a bit of fun, no-one's really taking it that seriously, the flaming seen here has kind of carried over from another thread I believe. I wouldn't let it bother you too much, everyone here is generally very friendly and interesting to talk to. Hopefully when you get to know everybody on here a little better you'll appreciate hanging around here more, it can be a lot of fun.

I think after having been on these forums long enough you start seeing the same threads reappearing and reappearing over in the main section, so it leads quite a lot of us to just stay around here mainly, so I don't think any animosity shown over there is a direct result of what goes on here, because a lot of people don't go over to that side of the forum as frequently as they once did.

Hope you can find what you're looking for on the forums because it genuinely is a great place to hang around, I think the mixture of intellegent discussion and humourous threads is very good.

I find it funny that the people with the most MMA prestige sit here in the outside forum and talk little to none about MMA. And all the guys who have little to no MMA knowlage hang in the UFC section and make 100s of threads daily about Brock, Kimbo, TUF, Flame Threads making fun of fighters, etc.

It seems that whenever a "more senior" member dips into the UFC Section they are met with hate. I have been told on no less than 100 occasions I have no life for having a post count above 1,000. For the most part the posters in this section are respectful and much more lightheartedly funny. There are some posters here that fit the steriotype of people who can not under any cercomstance carry on a grown up conversation regardless of their age.

I find it funny that the people with the most MMA prestige sit here in the outside forum and talk little to none about MMA. And all the guys who have little to no MMA knowlage hang in the UFC section and make 100s of threads daily about Brock' date=' Kimbo, TUF, Flame Threads making fun of fighters, etc.

It seems that whenever a "more senior" member dips into the UFC Section they are met with hate. I have been told on no less than 100 occasions I have no life for having a post count above 1,000. For the most part the posters in this section are respectful and much more lightheartedly funny. There are some posters here that fit the steriotype of people who can not under any cercomstance carry on a grown up conversation regardless of their age.[/quote']

In the past 20 mins on the MMA forums I have seen multiple proofs of this statement.

And now that I look in more of these threads...all the dudes I respect from the MMA threads post here, with less of the d-bags. Imagine that.

I think this is one of those times where I get huffy about something, then actually like it when I can put it in context.

I officially stand corrected. A thousand apologies for my rant. It probably would have been better directed on the fight threads.

With your logic History is just stories. The way you learn it in school at least. Lets please not make this thread into ANOTHER religion debate.

First of all, I beleive this post was obviously created to be a religion debate. Secondly, with your logic, then Peter Pan is a factual account of historical events. Just because something is written in a book, doesn't make it fact. There is a big difference between keeping a historical record, and saying that God told you to write something down. If you're hearing voices in your head, claiming to be God, then it's time for you to see a shrink.

God does not talk to me I am god and I am talking to you. So who's crazy now?

Im just kidding man.

Lighten up, Im not one of the religious nutt cases on this forum nor am I one of the evolutionist nutt bags in this forum. I sit in the middle and laugh and take small pop shots at both sides.

Kung Fu posted this to "mock flame" kevbo as explained in the thread about Kung fu "outing people"

We got no beef to my knowlage man so lets both tone it down a bit as I am probobly an thin Ice right now with the Mods.

First of all' date=' I beleive this post was obviously created to be a religion debate. Secondly, with your logic, then Peter Pan is a factual account of historical events. Just because something is written in a book, doesn't make it fact. There is a big difference between keeping a historical record, and saying that God told you to write something down. If you're hearing voices in your head, claiming to be God, then it's time for you to see a shrink.[/quote']

Hey after twenty years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, "No hablo ingles.":p:p:p

Well KFM, you've done it again. Except there were a few minor discrepancies. I was actually in seminary to become a priest, yet had seen all of the "studying" minstisters going home to their loved ones and significant others, always bragging about how they could have sex and I was choosing to live the rest of my life in celebacy. Not even ************ is allowed for priests you see. Well that all changed when a group of my high school buddies decided to take me to Vegas and "show me the true way" to hapiness. An 8 ball of coke, 3 bottles of crown royal, and 17 hookers later, I was convinced and the life of immorality was for me.

God does not talk to me I am god and I am talking to you. So who's crazy now?

Im just kidding man.

Lighten up' date=' Im not one of the religious nutt cases on this forum nor am I one of the evolutionist nutt bags in this forum. I sit in the middle and laugh and take small pop shots at both sides.

Kung Fu posted this to "mock flame" kevbo as explained in the thread about Kung fu "outing people"

We got no beef to my knowlage man so lets both tone it down a bit as I am probobly an thin Ice right now with the Mods.[/quote']

I hear ya. I just love to debate, and religion is one of my favorite subjects. All of the "Christians" I went to school with keep deleting from their facebook friends, because they apparently can't be friendly with someone who has a differing opinion. I think it's hilarious.

Hey after twenty years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said' date=' "No hablo ingles.":p:p:p[/b']

HAHAHA! That would drive some people to suicide.

An 8 ball of coke' date=' 3 bottles of crown royal, and 17 hookers later, I was convinced and the life of immorality was for me.[/quote']

I may have to use that line.

I hear ya. I just love to debate' date=' and religion is one of my favorite subjects. All of the "Christians" I went to school with keep deleting from their facebook friends, because they apparently can't be friendly with someone who has a differing opinion. I think it's hilarious.

.[/quote']

I love to debate also. And I will do so at any opening, its just it always seems that I offend people with alot of my posts even when I'm not trying to.

In the past 20 mins on the MMA forums I have seen multiple proofs of this statement.

And now that I look in more of these threads...all the dudes I respect from the MMA threads post here' date=' with less of the d-bags. Imagine that.

I think this is one of those times where I get huffy about something, then actually like it when I can put it in context.

I officially stand corrected. A thousand apologies for my rant. It probably would have been better directed on the fight threads.[/quote']

You sound like a good addition to the forums. Anyone who can hold a structured arguement without getting offensive is very welcome around here imo :)

There's some very decent people on here and you've found a few of them in this thread. If you can tell which threads to stay in/out of you'll find it a nice place!

Outside UFC is defo the place to be most of the time.

I could have sworn this was an MMA forum. I may be wrong' date=' I'm not always right at all.

And btw....arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still an are-tard. I don't mind a debate, but anytime you get vindictive and petty on the [i']internet[/i], you fail. Just my two cents. I realize certain dudes on here can be total D-bags, but leave them be. Don't fuel their D-baggery.

-Farva

Follow the instructions, starting at number one

1. Stop, think about what you just said

2. Turn around and get out of this thread

3. Never say this again

Follow the instructions' date=' starting at number one

1. Stop, think about what you just said

2. Turn around and get out of this thread

3. Never say this again[/quote']

What an unneccessarily rude thing to say to someone who has already admitted they were wrong in a situation that was resolved a while ago.

What an unneccessarily rude thing to say to someone who has already admitted they were wrong in a situation that was resolved a while ago.

I see that later on. This happens a lot, so i thought I would instruct him on what to do.:P

Note: I was not being rude, it was jsut one way of saying this is outside the UFC section , if you want only MMA discussion then this is not the right area fro you. No disrespect intended.

Even implying what I think you could be inplying is wrong. I almost never see eye to eye with Kevbo but insinuating that This is the reason he detests religion is a little low for you to be shooting there Kungfu. Just saying man' date=' I know your post was in jest but how would you feel if it were true or if somone who had this happen to them came accross it. [/b']

And I do see the Irony that this is comming from me Mr. King Of Sensititvity and all.

I was aware of that and so I left it to the reader to use his imagination. I tried at all cost to avoid bringing back painful memories to anyone. The only thing I did not think about was "what if Kevbo really had been molested." Fortunately he was not, as I take it, or else I would have been in deep waters.

Well KFM' date=' you've done it again. Except there were a few minor discrepancies. I was actually in seminary to become a priest, yet had seen all of the "studying" minstisters going home to their loved ones and significant others, always bragging about how they could have sex and I was choosing to live the rest of my life in celebacy. Not even ************ is allowed for priests you see. Well that all changed when a group of my high school buddies decided to take me to Vegas and "show me the true way" to hapiness. An 8 ball of coke, 3 bottles of crown royal, and 17 hookers later, I was convinced and the life of immorality was for me.[/quote']

My first intention was to make it funny but as the story unfolded, it just got darker and darker, forshawdowing what is to come.

I hear ya. I just love to debate' date=' and[b'] religion is one of my favorite subjects.[/b] All of the "Christians" I went to school with keep deleting from their facebook friends, because they apparently can't be friendly with someone who has a differing opinion. I think it's hilarious.

If religion is one of your favorite subjects, I would like to personally welcome you to this side of the forum.

I like you to meet Fast (religious fanatic)

and Kevbo Jones (Evolutionist)

He really is or was deeply rooted in Catholicism....and thanks btw.

^^^True story... The only sacraments I haven't recieved from the Catholic church are marriage and my last rites. My wife insisted we get married at her church, Southern Baptist, and I really didn't feel like doing the mandatory 6 months of counseling the Catholic church requires for you to be officially married in the Catholic church.

How interesting' date=' never thought that'd be the case. Some fine detective word indeed then.[/quote']

Yes, it is true my friend. That is one of the reasons I am so against indoctrinating your children if you're of strong faith. You have to let them find their own path, and often times if you push them too hard, they will just be more resistant to it anyways. I was all things Catholic, from altar server to usher.

I began to stray away from it the more I studied into science, physics in particular. Plus I had an eye opening experience that pushed me even further away from faith and religion. What am I talking about you ask? 4 combat rotations, 3 to iraq, and 1 to Afghanistan.

Now I am studying for a Ba of Arts and Science(physics) to work in the energy industry at the University of Houston. KFM has a keen eye for detail and just about equal skills in writing. Bravo, friend.

Archived