George Sotiropoulos exclusive: "Fighting in Australia is a great privilege."

Mtx

Heres a great interview of George. He talks of his upcoming fight with Joe, his training and lots of other great topics.

George Sotiropoulos was first introduced to most UFC fans during his stint as a contestant on Spike TV's "The Ultimate Fighter" season 6. Over the course of the popular reality show, the soft-spoken Australian native emerged as one of the season's top competitors making it all the way to the competitions semi-finals before suffering a knockout loss to Tommy Speer.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/George-Sotiropoulos-exclusive-Fighting-in-Australia-is-a-great-privilege.html

I'm looking forward to seeing him fight' date=' he always brings it and his ground game is very solid. But he does need a nickname, I can't be typing out his whole name all the time.[/quote']

This fights is definitely going to be a decisive one for him. Joe is a big, strong wrestler and ist going to be good to see how George overcomes that.

I give the advantage to Joe, probably by a UD, but I really want George to win.

This fights is definitely going to be a decisive one for him. Joe is a big' date=' strong wrestler and ist going to be good to see how George overcomes that.

I give the advantage to Joe, probably by a UD, but I really want George to win.[/quote']

Its a tough test for sure, surprisingly tough considering where they are fighting. Think Joe could out-muscle him on the ground, but George is gonna be tough to submit so a decision is probably a good call.

Its a tough test for sure' date=' surprisingly tough considering where they are fighting. Think Joe could out-muscle him on the ground, but George is gonna be tough to submit so a decision is probably a good call.[/quote']

For some reason I really just don't like this guy' date=' his ground skills are good no question but i see Joe Daddy winning by guillotine[/quote']

I just can't see George tapping to Joe. I think if Joe wins is going to be by decision probably. Joe stand up has greatly improved, but I think George still has the advantage there. Also, George is better at BJJ, but once again, Stevenson's wrestling is definitely going to be a factor in this fight, even more now that he is training with Jackson's camp.

I just can't see George tapping to Joe. I think if Joe wins is going to be by decision probably. Joe stand up has greatly improved' date=' but I think George still has the advantage there. Also, George is better at BJJ, but once again, Stevenson's wrestling is definitely going to be a factor in this fight, even more now that he is training with Jackson's camp.[/quote']

He may not tap but he will go to sleep, when daddy locks in that guillotine its pretty much lights out (Pun intended)

He may not tap but he will go to sleep' date=' when daddy locks in that guillotine its pretty much lights out (Pun intended)[/quote']

The thing is, I don't see him locking it. I do see him overpowering George on the ground, but not enough to sub him. If I had to bet, I'd go with Joe by UD.

The thing is' date=' I don't see him locking it. I do see him overpowering George on the ground, but not enough to sub him. If I had to bet, I'd go with Joe by UD.[/quote']

Fair enough, neither one of us will change the others mind but i have seen him lock it, with an arm in and he still get the sub, that's takes crazy strength

This interview was conducted by forum member Jade7. Congrats Jade on a great interview!!!

Thank you Brew! :o

George was a great person to talk to. He's extremely thorough and thoughtful with his training. He also has an amazing memory for details- he could easily remember not only the fights and events he'd travelled to years ago, but small details from each fight. And there's no doubt that he's very determined to do well in this match before the home crowd in Australia.

Thank you Brew! :o

George was a great person to talk to. He's extremely thorough and thoughtful with his training. He also has an amazing memory for details- he could easily remember not only the fights and events he'd travelled to years ago' date=' but small details from each fight. And there's no doubt that he's very determined to do well in this match before the home crowd in Australia.[/quote']

He does comes out pretty cool in the interview. It was really good he went went all the way to answer all your questions instead of just giving short answers. I really George wins this one, but once again, its going to be really hard.

He does comes out pretty cool in the interview. It was really good he went went all the way to answer all your questions instead of just giving short answers. I really George wins this one' date=' but once again, its going to be really hard.[/quote']

George is going to get a big upset and win this one, I think. Either way, it will be a great fight. :)

Archived