Rolles Gracie, An Embarassment to the gracie name

GstarUk

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, the Gracie name isn't even that great.

Royce, Rickson and Renzo were the only legit fighters. That name is only great because Royce was a pioneer in the sport. They weren't even that great either. Honestly, if you're talking about "living up to the Gracie name" I have no idea what you're talking about.

To be fair' date=' the Gracie name isn't even that great.

Royce, Rickson and Renzo were the only legit fighters. That name is only great because Royce was a pioneer in the sport. They weren't even that great either. Honestly, if you're talking about "living up to the Gracie name" I have no idea what you're talking about.[/quote']

living up to the gracie name IE The gracie name in the UFC IE Royce,

Its been so long since a gracie has entered the UFC.... i think we all expected a far better showing, hell ppl wasnt giving Al Turk a chance, Why? Because of the 'Gracie name' could u imagine if Al Turk did fight, he would have destoryed Rolles.

Rolles was odds on favs to win. Joey was like 5/1 to win.....

Royce, Rickson and Renzo were the only legit fighters. That name is only great because Royce was a pioneer in the sport. They weren't even that great either. Honestly, if you're talking about "living up to the Gracie name" I have no idea what you're talking about.[/quote']

i wouldnt even say rickson and renzo are that great. renzo has been beat many times and rickson hasnt fought anybody. sure he claims that he has fought thousands and never lost, but even his family says its bs. he even claims that no one alive can beat him...cant take him seriously.

living up to the gracie name IE The gracie name in the UFC IE Royce' date='

Its been so long since a gracie has entered the UFC.... i think we all expected a far better showing, hell ppl wasnt giving Al Turk a chance, Why? Because of the 'Gracie name' could u imagine if Al Turk did fight, he would have destoryed Rolles.

Rolles was odds on favs to win. Joey was like 5/1 to win.....[/quote']

The UFC Gracie name in UFC 1-5?

Or

The Gracie name at UFC 60?

Again, I'm confused. It was all just the UFC trying to sell tickets.

Oh I guess Helio isn't great. Please, name another family better than them.

Oh I guess Helio isn't great. Please' date=' name another family better than them.[/quote']

kimbo, jardine,roy nelson.......sure they may be the only fighters in there whole familys, but at least they are somewhat capable of still getting a W in the ufc. which is more then any gracie can say.

whats ur problem with his nickname?

do u have any problem against Mexicans?

super mexican ....to the rescue!

clearly your mexican, but you cant get all bent out of shape anytime some random person on the internet says something that might be offensive. dont be ashamed of what you are. i dont get bent out of shape when im called a gringo. i just assume that they havent figured out how to say white man yet lol

The part that pisses me off is that I PAID MONEY to watch the fight. My entertainment dollars don't grow on trees and when they put crap fighters like that on a card they are ripping me off. Thanks Dana.

You paid money as in you were actually there at the event, or you paid money as in PPV??? if you were actually there I would say you had legitimate beef (but even than there's no promises on the product you pay for when it comes to fighting). If you're talking about PPV than my question is "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???" becuz the fight itself was a viewing bonus being that it was a prelim and would normally not be viewed during PPV bouts.

Silva

Emelianenko

Rua

hell even..

Lesnar

Your talking about a couple sets of brothers lol Hardly comparable to the Gracies.

Lesnar, Thats one guy! lol

Now lets look at the Royce Gracie and his Family

H?lio Gracie (Father)

Carlos Gracie (uncle)

Rickson Gracie (Half-brother)

Carlos Gracie Jr. (Cousin)

Renzo Gracie (First cousin, once-removed)

Rorion Gracie (Half-brother)

Relson Gracie (Half-brother)

Rocian Gracie (Cousin)

Royler Gracie (Brother)

Rolker Gracie (Brother)

Carlson Gracie (Cousin)

Rolls Gracie (Cousin)

And lets not forget the beautiful Kyra Gracie, womens BJJ world champion. Every single one of them holds a black belt in BJJ or higher.

Nuff said.

Your talking about a couple sets of brothers lol Hardly comparable to the Gracies.

Lesnar' date=' Thats one guy! lol

H?lio Gracie (Father)

Carlos Gracie (uncle)

Rocian Gracie (Cousin)

Royler Gracie (Brother)

Rolker Gracie (Brother)

Carlson Gracie (Cousin)

Rolls Gracie (Cousin)

And lets not forget the beautiful Kyra Gracie, womens BJJ world champion. Every single one of them holds a black belt in BJJ or higher.

Nuff said.[/quote']

Now count their accomplishments in MMA.

Kyra doesn't count because she's so hot.

Lesnar' date=' Thats one guy! lol

H?lio Gracie (Father)

Carlos Gracie (uncle)

Rocian Gracie (Cousin)

Royler Gracie (Brother)

Rolker Gracie (Brother)

Carlson Gracie (Cousin)

Rolls Gracie (Cousin)

And lets not forget the beautiful Kyra Gracie, womens BJJ world champion.[b'] Every single one of them holds a black belt in BJJ or higher.[/b]

Nuff said.

Wow all of the Gracies gave themselves black belts lol

I suppose they gave themselves all those championships as well... *rollseyes*

I wasnt aware the only way you could make a "name" for yourself was by way of MMA accomplishments.... I guess creating, perfecting and showcasing a martial art that has become the basis for many great fighters over the years just doesnt cut the mustard huh? sigh why do i bother?!

You paid money as in you were actually there at the event' date=' or you paid money as in PPV??? if you were actually there I would say you had legitimate beef (but even than there's no promises on the product you pay for when it comes to fighting). If you're talking about PPV than my question is "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???" becuz the fight itself was a viweing bonus being that it was a prelim and would normally not be viewed during PPV bouts.[/quote']

PPV.

From my perspective, here is my legitimate beef as it pertains to your misconceptions about what constitutes a legitimate beef for me.

1. UFC markets itself as the premier mma eevent organization in the world. They boast bringing the very best mma practitioners to their events. Obviously, a guy who can't get out of the 1st round without gassing, will never be concidered one of the very best mma practitioners. So of course there is no promise as to the RESULT of an mma event but had you paid better attention you would realize that is not the issue.

2. There are almost always fights from the undercard included in PPV. The reason they are included is obviously to provide the PPV audience with what they bellieve to be the best possible product. Purchasers of PPV fully expect aproximately 3 hours of fight entertainment. So it is not unusual to see these undercard fights and depending on how many fights don't go the distance, one can expect to see some undercard action. Since the ufc decision makers decided to provide this fight to the PPV audience, they deemed it part of the entertainment the PPV audience would recieve for coughing up the 45 bucks.

Simply put, this part of the event, that I purchased from them, SUCKED.

Now if it was not routine for undercard fights to be used to fill up time gaps on the main card then your argument has some grip however...... IT IS ROUTINE, and it is a joke that the self proclaimed premier mma event organization has fighters that gas before the end of the first round.

At least that's the way I call it. You may disagree.

I wasnt aware the only way you could make a "name" for yourself was by way of MMA accomplishments.... I guess creating' date=' perfecting and showcasing a martial art that has become the basis for many great fighters over the years just doesnt cut the mustard huh? sigh why do i bother?![/quote']

Don't get smug with me child. Royce was the only Gracie to ever do anything in MMA. If you saw my post on the first page, I even admitted that he was a pioneer and nothing more.

And on the field of "creating, perfecting and showcasing a martial art", the Gracies aren't even the best at it. Royce capitalized on no one knowing Jiu-Jitsu. Also, the Gracies did NOT create Jiu-Jitsu. They added their name onto it, nothing more. Read up on what it is before you act all arrogant with me.

PPV.

From my perspective' date=' here is my legitimate beef as it pertains to your misconceptions about what constitutes a legitimate beef for me.

1. UFC markets itself as the premier mma eevent organization in the world. They boast bringing the very best mma practitioners to their events. Obviously, a guy who can't get out of the 1st round without gassing, will never be concidered one of the very best mma practitioners. So of course there is no promise as to the RESULT of an mma event but had you paid better attention you would realize that is not the issue.

2. There are almost always fights from the undercard included in PPV. The reason they are included is obviously to provide the PPV audience with what they bellieve to be the best possible product. Purchasers of PPV fully expect aproximately 3 hours of fight entertainment. So it is not unusual to see these undercard fights and depending on how many fights don't go the distance, one can expect to see some undercard action. Since the ufc decision makers decided to provide this fight to the PPV audience, they deemed it part of the entertainment the PPV audience would recieve for coughing up the 45 bucks.

Simply put, this part of the event, that I purchased from them, SUCKED.

Now if it was not routine for undercard fights to be used to fill up time gaps on the main card then your argument has some grip however...... IT IS ROUTINE, and it is a joke that the self proclaimed premier mma event organization has fighters that gas before the end of the first round.

At least that's the way I call it. You may disagree.[/quote']

I see your point.

But the UFC has no control over the training regime of each fighter or the condition in which they show up to the fight in.... They employ fighters based on there skill and promise(or in this case, there surname), Arrange a fight and hope that us viewers will find it entertaining. The fact that Rolles has the conditioning of a 60 yr old asthmatic is out of the UFC's control and just one of those things.

As hilarious as this sounds, Mostapha Al Turk would have annihilated this guy.

I wasnt aware the only way you could make a "name" for yourself was by way of MMA accomplishments.... I guess creating' date=' perfecting and showcasing a martial art that has become the basis for many great fighters over the years just doesnt cut the mustard huh? sigh why do i bother?![/quote']

Exactly, Everytime a fighter wins by Armbar, triangle, Kimura, Rear naked choke with their hooks in, does a sweep from the bottom, pulls guard, etc..has to give credit to the Gracies. Whoever doesn't train Brazilian Jiujitsu for a fight and has no submisission defense gets annialated quickly. So give credit where credit is due, Rolles didn't have a good fight, woppi do you still can't discredit what the family has done for the sport and for developing their own martial art

Don't get smug with me child. Royce was the only Gracie to ever do anything in MMA. If you saw my post on the first page' date=' I even admitted that he was a pioneer and nothing more.

And on the field of "creating, perfecting and showcasing a martial art", the Gracies aren't even the best at it. Royce capitalized on no one knowing Jiu-Jitsu. Also, the Gracies did NOT create Jiu-Jitsu. They added their name onto it, nothing more. Read up on what it is before you act all arrogant with me.[/quote']

I think you need to take your own advice as i find it hard to believe that the gracies did not create GRACIE JIU JITSU you moron.... And i am well aware of the roots of Jiu Jitsu although id be surprised if you could say the same judging by your lack of intelligence.

A pioneer and nothing more? HE CREATED THE ORGANISATION WHO'S FORUM YOU ARE CURRENTLY MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF ON YOU TARD! L.O.L You dont have to have knocked out 20 people to have made a contribution to the MMA although id like to think introducing the world to BJJ and helping create the premier MMA organisation is something worthy of having a "name" for.... sigh

Is it Royces fault he utilized a otherwise overlooked aspect of MMA? Child? You have no idea how old i am.... GOD YOU ARE STUPID!

I dont know whether to laugh or be angry.... Enjoy being a tard and im done with this tool

kthnxbi

I think you need to take your own advice as i find it hard to believe that the gracies did not create GRACIE JIU JITSU you moron.... And i am well aware of the roots of Jiu Jitsu although id be surprised if you could say the same judging by your lack of intelligence.

A pioneer and nothing more? HE CREATED THE ORGANISATION WHO'S FORUM YOU ARE CURRENTLY MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF ON YOU TARD! L.O.L You dont have to have knocked out 20 people to have made a contribution to the MMA although id like to think introducing the world to BJJ and helping create the premier MMA organisation is something worthy of having a "name" for.... sigh

Is it Royces fault he utilized a otherwise overlooked aspect of MMA? Child? You have no idea how old i am.... GOD YOU ARE STUPID!

I dont know whether to laugh or be angry.... Enjoy being a tard and im done with this tool

kthnxbi

Is throwing insults and acting smug with me all you can do?

Honestly. I'm going to break this down line by line so your incompetent **** understands it.

First off' date=' Jiu-Jitsu is simply a branch off a Judo. Jiu-Jitsu was TAUGHT to the Helio. Again, it was TAUGHT to Helio. Coming into America, it was renamed as "Gracie Jiu-Jitsu", because 1: The Gracies spread the word 2: It was adapted to be more practical.

So sure, they modified it a little, but to say they created it? Come on,

Royce did not create the organization. This is one of the worst lines that I have ever read. He entered a little tournament called "The Ultimate Fighting Championship (or Challenge depending on if you listened to the commentators)", and showed that a little guy can indeed beat up a bigger man. Is that creating? Again, sadly no. I have yet to say anything about him being a knockout machine, as you so ignorantly put it. Do you even know what a pioneer is?

Let me enlighten you a little. A pioneer is the first person to essentially do something. OH MY. Lookie lookie. Royce was the first person to use Jiu-Jitsu in a televised event in America. Coincidence? God knows if your ignorant **** knows the difference.

Also, pops, child is a term of me looking down on you. It's my condescending nature to do that sometimes, and you've made it easy.

Consider yourself officially schooled.

Don't get smug with me child. Royce was the only Gracie to ever do anything in MMA. If you saw my post on the first page' date=' I even admitted that he was a pioneer and nothing more.

And on the field of "creating, perfecting and showcasing a martial art", the Gracies aren't even the best at it. Royce capitalized on no one knowing Jiu-Jitsu. Also, the Gracies did NOT create Jiu-Jitsu. They added their name onto it, nothing more. Read up on what it is before you act all arrogant with me.[/quote']

You CLEARLY have a sand storm raining out of your v@g!n@.

Bahahahahahaha i love how you self-proclaimed your so called schooling and even bothered with some pointless rant about pioneers and the meaning of the word.

"In 1993, Bob Meyrowitz and his New York-based Sephamore Entertainment Group (SEG), in association with Art Davie and Rorian Gracie, created the UFC. SEG took full control in 1994 and guided the organization until the end of 2000. Zuffa, LLC (Zuffa), a Nevada limited liability corporation owned by Lorenzo Fertitta and his brother, Frank Fertitta, III, acquired the assets of the UFC in January 2001."

My bad i forgot Royce only helped, His brother helped create it lol

Congrats, You fail.

Im not going to bother replying to the rest of that rubbish you call a post as you are clearly to ignorant to be told anything.

You CLEARLY have a sand storm raining out of your v@g!n@. If you are going to make stupid posts' date=' please don't act so stuck up. It makes you look twice as dumb. Take your own advice and read up on "ju jitsu" (the japanese version that you refering to) and you will find that it has very little place in MMA compared to BJJ...which came from Judo.[/quote']

Read post above this, then talk. I hate illiterate people.

Bahahahahahaha i love how you self-proclaimed your so called schooling and even bothered with some pointless rant about pioneers and the meaning of the word.

"In 1993' date=' Bob Meyrowitz and his New York-based Sephamore Entertainment Group (SEG), in association with Art Davie and [b']Rorian Gracie, created the UFC. SEG took full control in 1994 and guided the organization until the end of 2000. Zuffa, LLC (Zuffa), a Nevada limited liability corporation owned by Lorenzo Fertitta and his brother, Frank Fertitta, III, acquired the assets of the UFC in January 2001."

My bad i forgot Royce only helped, His brother helped create it lol

Congrats, You fail.

Im not going to bother replying to the rest of that rubbish you call a post as you are clearly to ignorant to be told anything.

Let me guess? Wikipedia?

And Rorian picked Royce out of the family to fight. That doesn't sound like helping to me.

And I'm ignorant? Get off the Gracie **** before you say anything else to me.

Read post above this' date=' then talk. I hate illiterate people.[/quote']

You posted while I was posting. I've edited out the BJJ vs JJJ part of my thread out. Your hatchet wound, however, is still sandy. Now lets all give you a round of applause for using wikipedia to look smart.

EDIT: Damn, you beat me to the "wikipedia burn" too. Lol, you definately type fast, I'll give you that!

You posted while I was posting. I've edited out the BJJ vs JJJ part of my thread out. Your hatchet wound' date=' however, is still sandy. Now lets all give you a round of applause for using wikipedia to look smart.

EDIT: Damn, you beat me to the "wikipedia burn" too. Lol, you definately type fast, I'll give you that![/quote']

I've studied Jiu-Jitsu for 4 years. Do you really think I need Wikipedia to teach me about my art?

I am glad that you train BJJ. You also seem to be pretty well versed. If you could just get rid of all the sand you might be a pretty good guy. I hope you don't act like this in real life.

Oh no ideed I do not. Actually, I'm only like this when:

A) People provide no substance to their argument.

B) When they insult me without any calling.

C) When "nuff said" is said.

He violated all three.

Oh no ideed I do not. Actually' date=' I'm only like this when:

A) People provide no substance to their argument.

B) When they insult me without any calling.

C) When "nuff said" is said.

He violated all three.[/quote']

Clearly I only joined this thread to blast you...but I'm starting to appreciate your humor. Please add "pwned" and any overuse of the word "fail" to the list.

Archived