Brock Lesnar Fans = Chael Sonnen Fans

Kable

something i realised about sonnen is that this dude is really funny, did yall catch his post fight interview, lol, he called it the most miserable 15 minutes of his life said he got knocked out for a bit and was just laying there, said he hope nates arm just got tired so he would let the guillotine go...lol

i thought he was a tool prior to this fight but he talked sh!t and backed it up with a dominating performance, so cant hate him for that.

If you haven't noticed yet...all the Brock fans have jumped onto the Chael Sonnen bandwagon. Everyone take a minute to enjoy the following weeks of Chael Sonnen worship and how he will dominate the MW division with his "Cain like GNP" <<

cain has great wrestling but its not liek his ground and pound is out of this world he could gnp cheick kongo who had 2 weeks to prepare for that fight and cains stand up is very questionable watch nogueria out box and out class him feb 20th

Chael actually has a Brain and is improving his game

Brock is a one trick pony Meat head....

Totally. I hate Brock with a passion, but I was very impressed with Sonnen. I knew he had a legitamate shot at beating Nate, but I didn't think he would out wrestle him to the dominate extent that he did. But then again it shouldn't be a surprise, look what he did to Yushin. Not sayin he can beat Anderson, but I thik Chael could steal a round or two.

cain has great wrestling but its not liek his ground and pound is out of this world he could gnp cheick kongo who had 2 weeks to prepare for that fight and cains stand up is very questionable watch nogueria out box and out class him feb 20th

Enough said my friend.

It's annoyingly ammusing lol

even more so than the Brock worshiping

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

its funny that almost all of you losers do is sit there and dis on people. im not a big brock fan, but i am tired of little girls like you guys crying and whining about brock this and brock that. i think your just pissed that despite all the sh#$ talking he is doing good. obviously you jealous girls cant get him out of your mind. your mad cause he was supposed to lose and get sent packin, and instead now he is the champ. he had no easy fights in the ufc. randy couture and frank mir are both top flight competitors, both of whom brock finished in the 2nd round. and now that chael sonnen did what nobody thought was possible and beat nate the great, who is also a top flight competitor, you guys are pissed and want to throw him under the bus. i believe in giving credit when and where it is due. instead of giving chael credit for getting past someone no one thought he could beat, (myself included,thought nate had this one) you start talkin sh#$. instead of giving credit where its due, you talk ****, well girls, thats whats called a hater. you guys are nothing but jealouse little haters. a one trick pony could not have defeated both mir and couture with 2nd round stoppage. MMA is about competition, not being classy. its about winning. and anyone who says TKO'ing randy couture and frank mir isnt classy is a F#$%@& moron. and as far as lyoto being the p4p. Bull$%^$. shogun won that fight. i know you know it, and lyoto knows it, thats why he looked so bummed before the Bull$%#@ decision. laters haters. drink more haterade, and grab a jelly sickle. punks.

its funny that almost all of you losers do is sit there and dis on people. im not a big brock fan' date=' but i am tired of little girls like you guys crying and whining about brock this and brock that. i think your just pissed that despite all the sh#$ talking he is doing good. obviously you jealous girls cant get him out of your mind. your mad cause he was supposed to lose and get sent packin, and instead now he is the champ. he had no easy fights in the ufc. randy couture and frank mir are both top flight competitors, both of whom brock finished in the 2nd round. and now that chael sonnen did what nobody thought was possible and beat nate the great, who is also a top flight competitor, you guys are pissed and want to throw him under the bus. i believe in giving credit when and where it is due. instead of giving chael credit for getting past someone no one thought he could beat, (myself included,thought nate had this one) you start talkin sh#$. instead of giving credit where its due, you talk ****, well girls, thats whats called a hater. you guys are nothing but jealouse little haters. a one trick pony could not have defeated both mir and couture with 2nd round stoppage. MMA is about competition, not being classy. its about winning. and anyone who says TKO'ing randy couture and frank mir isnt classy is a F#$%@& moron. and as far as lyoto being the p4p. Bull$%^$. shogun won that fight. i know you know it, and lyoto knows it, thats why he looked so bummed before the Bull$%#@ decision. laters haters. drink more haterade, and grab a jelly sickle. punks.[/quote']

Cry more?

I'm a fan of both guys. Just because your not a fan doesn't make you any better than the people who are.

I think both guys are highly intelligent. And if you don't think so then your hatred has blinded you.

Lesnar used his name to get a UFC contract and made the absolute most out of it. Everybody was convinced that he would never be able to hang with the elite heavyweights. It's the whole skill will beat size debate. Obviously size matters that is why we have weight classes. Don't hate on him because he was blessed with incredible strength and size. And it's not like he doesn't have skill. He is probably the best wrestler in the sport. Reminds me of Koscheck in the sense that Koscheck came onto TUF as basically a pure wrestler with very little if any stand-up. We've watched him grow to become a force anywhere in the fight.

Lesnar has improved his stand-up to the point where he has been knocking his opponents down and then pouncing. His size allows him to take the fight where he feels comfortable. I don't see him being beat anytime soon.

Back to the intelligence point. He is the most talked about figure in MMA after only 5 fights. He has an uncanny ability to get people to either love him or hate him. You won't meet many people who are indifferent. It's this ability to stir up passion within the MMA community that has made him such a draw. He's a little rough around the edges but it's fun to watch. Not everybody can be a GSP.

Sonnen went about it in a different way. Before the Marquart fight nobody gave a s*** about Sonnen. The only thing anybody said about him was that he was a tough SOB and could wrestle. He may have taken a page out of Lesnar and Mir's book and decided he wanted to get paid. He talked s*** about everybody and their mother and all of a sudden everybody is talking about him. If he hadn't talked s*** about Silva he would not be getting this title shot. But now since he has won and he has already begun brewing the rivalry Dana is almost forced to give him a title shot.

It's now something a lot of people want to see, myself included. I don't think he has much of a chance but he is a smart guy and I see him coming in with a good game plan.

the same thing is gonna happen with paulo thiago

he won me over in the jacob volkmann fight but now he has beaten swick everyone is gonna be like ZOMFG THIAGO IS THE NUMBER ONE WW HE IS GONNA KO GSP

maybe not as far as that cause GSP's bandwagon is ridiculous, but you get my drift

x

I will be the first to speak up when I think a fight is boring because a wrestler decides to dry **** his opponent for 15 minutes to squeak out a win. I am not a Sonnen/Lesner fan and honestly I was pulling for Nate in his match. However, Sonnen/Nate was NOT boring. Yes Sonnen used his wrestling to take Nate down but he worked the whole time and beat up Nate. The dude even took a few good shots and still worked through. I still would have liked to see Nate win but Sonnen deserved the win and it was one of the more exciting fights of the night.

Sorry about the ****, i did not realize h u m p was a bad word ;)

If you haven't noticed yet...all the Brock fans have jumped onto the Chael Sonnen bandwagon. Everyone take a minute to enjoy the following weeks of Chael Sonnen worship and how he will dominate the MW division with his "Cain like GNP" <<

i guess people are still mad that nate got dominated.

I am personally a little nervous due to the far right insurrection, and their decisions to use the UFC as a political platform. This trend highlighted by these two and the "brilliance" that continues to flow from the sides of their mouths disturbs me. There seems to be some alterior motive for both of them when speaking on socio-political issues that actually have nothing at all to do with fighting. I have a feeling that if they had their way, American MMA would be nothing but (allegedly) straight white male wrestlers, greasing up and rolling around the mat together in "manly competition". Ever heard the old axiom "He who protests too much..." lol

Anyway I do find it highly inappropriate that they both have found it necessary to make political commentary in inappropriate settings. Go to the rallies, or their "Tea Parties", and talk all you want about that stuff. But I don't care to hear about it when I am watching fights and fight related news!

Kable, I have to disagree. Sonnen is a smart guy. He is not a great fighter, but a smart fighter and with that he should do well in the ufc. As far as Brock fans jumping on Sonnen's wagon....well, they're trying to expand their horizon I guess.

I am personally a little nervous due to the far right insurrection' date=' and their decisions to use the UFC as a political platform. This trend highlighted by these two and the "brilliance" that continues to flow from the sides of their mouths disturbs me. There seems to be some alterior motive for both of them when speaking on socio-political issues that actually have nothing at all to do with fighting. I have a feeling that if they had their way, American MMA would be nothing but (allegedly) straight white male wrestlers, greasing up and rolling around the mat together in "manly competition". Ever heard the old axiom "He who protests too much..." lol

Anyway I do find it highly inappropriate that they both have found it necessary to make political commentary in inappropriate settings. Go to the rallies, or their "Tea Parties", and talk all you want about that stuff. But I don't care to hear about it when I am watching fights and fight related news![/quote']

I think you make an interesting point and I enjoy reading your posts. I think you might be looking too far into this on the Brock side though. I don't think Brock will ever run for any type of office. He put his 2 cents out there about the differences between Canadian and American health care and I think he had a right to. If everything is true, he almost died in Canada due to the level of their health care. He just survived a very tough situation and had a very strong stance on the issue. He's a guy that will offer his opinion without hesitation and I think that's as far into politics as Lesnar will ever get.

On the other hand you might be right about Chael. I think it is smart to use both of his professions to market the other. Not that I want to hear about his political stances but I think he is a very intelligent person and everything he says has a very distinct purpose.

Kable' date=' I have to disagree. Sonnen is a smart guy. He is not a great fighter, but a smart fighter and with that he should do well in the ufc. [b']As far as Brock fans jumping on Sonnen's wagon....well, they're trying to expand their horizon I guess.[/b]

This may sound like a good thing but it's not.

Brock really needs his teenage WWE fans' date=' whereas Sonnen will do just fine without them.[/quote']

Hmmm, well i just noticed the massive Chael [term G_row doesn't like] happening when he won. Which isn't deserved, you can say well done to him for winning but he still lost to Demian Maia. People seem to have forgotten that very quickly.

Hmmm' date=' well i just noticed the massive Chael [term G_row doesn't like'] happening when he won. Which isn't deserved, you can say well done to him for winning but he still lost to Demian Maia. People seem to have forgotten that very quickly.

That's true... do you think there is anybody else in the division that deserves a title shot more than Chael right now? I don't think there is and because Dana said this fight was for the #1 contender and Chael started the hype already it's going to happen.

That's true... do you think there is anybody else in the division that deserves a title shot more than Chael right now? I don't think there is and because Dana said this fight was for the #1 contender and Chael started the hype already it's going to happen.

It's bound to happen now, but Vitor is technically the #1 contender right now. I want Chael to fight Akiyama tbh.

And this is based on ?

Im a brock fan, i havent jumped on the sonnen bandwagon. granted he was very impressive agaisnt nate. Gotta give respect when respect is due.

You are just another brock hating troll.

And this is based on ?

Im a brock fan' date=' i havent jumped on the sonnen bandwagon. granted he was very impressive agaisnt nate. Gotta give respect when respect is due.

You are just another brock hating troll.[/quote']

lol, It's cause several Brock fans jumped on the Sonnen bandwagon. I have witnessed it myself. If i'm a Brock hating troll well done to me cause you posted in my thread =D

Brock is a freak of nature and Sonnen is an intelligent person and fighter...so yes' date=' I would see why you hate Sonnen.[/quote']

Sonnan is a **** and knows hes a boring fighter so he trys to talk his way to the top. He wins all his fights LnP and somehow impresses simple minded people like you because he talks a lot of sh!t. Whens the last time Sonnen finished a fight? Why is he getting a title shot and Gray Maynard is not? Grays run at LW is far more impressive than Sonnens run at MW.

its funny that almost all of you losers do is sit there and dis on people. im not a big brock fan' date=' but i am tired of little girls like you guys crying and whining about brock this and brock that. i think your just pissed that despite all the sh#$ talking he is doing good. obviously you jealous girls cant get him out of your mind. your mad cause he was supposed to lose and get sent packin, and instead now he is the champ. he had no easy fights in the ufc. randy couture and frank mir are both top flight competitors, both of whom brock finished in the 2nd round. and now that chael sonnen did what nobody thought was possible and beat nate the great, who is also a top flight competitor, you guys are pissed and want to throw him under the bus. i believe in giving credit when and where it is due. instead of giving chael credit for getting past someone no one thought he could beat, (myself included,thought nate had this one) you start talkin sh#$. instead of giving credit where its due, you talk ****, well girls, thats whats called a hater. you guys are nothing but jealouse little haters. a one trick pony could not have defeated both mir and couture with 2nd round stoppage. MMA is about competition, not being classy. its about winning. and anyone who says TKO'ing randy couture and frank mir isnt classy is a F#$%@& moron. and as far as lyoto being the p4p. Bull$%^$. shogun won that fight. i know you know it, and lyoto knows it, thats why he looked so bummed before the Bull$%#@ decision. laters haters. drink more haterade, and grab a jelly sickle. punks.[/quote']

I think it's funny how people like you think this forum is one big therapy session.

Sonnan is a **** and knows hes a boring fighter so he trys to talk his way to the top. He wins all his fights LnP and somehow impresses simple minded people like you because he talks a lot of sh!t. Whens the last time Sonnen finished a fight? Why is he getting a title shot and Gray Maynard is not? Grays run at LW is far more impressive than Sonnens run at MW.

Hold your horses, Cowboy. I, for one, am not a Sonnen fan...at least not yet(*chuckles*).

He is a smart guy and a smart fighter. Where, in that statement, suggests I am a fan? I am merely acknowledging his attributes.

i didn't even read half of this, but thanks for singling me out for something I didn't even do lol

I didn't say anything about Brock. I was talking about Brock fans. They're annoying.(most of them)

Take your whining somewhere else cause no one cares. And learn how to spell, damn.

P.S. Lyoto beat Shogun. That's why he has the belt :cool:

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

Archived