matt serra

yeah234

Although beating Trigg doesn't say much of course, Serra has been one of my favorite fighters since he has been in the UFC. His standup is over-rated, and you saw it at 109 how decent it really is. He worked his way inside the pocket and used body shots to divert away from Trigg thinking he was getting hit in the face......good thing there are such things called combinations though, and Serra used body+face combos very well in that fight.

much hated and much under rated.

Prone to putting his mouth in drive while his mind is in neutral.

He is a hell of a good fighter.

+1

i like serra' date=' but he'll never be a true threat for the title again. I do think he should get his rubber match though, not saying he would win but the score should be settled in the octagon.[/quote']

+1

Although beating Trigg doesn't say much of course' date=' Serra has been one of my favorite fighters since he has been in the UFC. His standup is over-rated, and you saw it at 109 how decent it really is. He worked his way inside the pocket and used body shots to divert away from Trigg thinking he was getting hit in the face......good thing there are such things called combinations though, and Serra used body+face combos very well in that fight.[/quote']

+1..first good post on serra...im not a serra fan Period...when i was watching the fight,i told my buddies the only way serra can hurt triggs in striking is to get in the pocket...and tag his chin...his arms are to short for jabs especially in the WW division

Matt Serra will KO gsp again. Believe it.

....Or not...

Serra vs BJ for the 155 title would be epic!

It would be in the sense of two respected BJJ blackbelts going after it. But BJ would own him in standup. Serra's a good fighter, no doubt. But he's done. Fin. He fought a human punching bag (Trigg) to make him look good.

why all the hate on the lil guy hes awesome!

I hope your not basing this over beating Twinkle Toes. The guy is a loud mouth, disrespecting, gotta-be-the-center-of-attention-100%-of-the-time first class ****. Other than that, he's a good fighter...

Bob I think that was not a serious statement, calm down I dont wanna see u on a roll today. Anyways yea I mean Serra is still a middle of the pack type guy, but thats at best. He lost a horrible decision fight to Hughes who now looks to have the worst developed standup in the game, and his wrestling has just bout left him on top of that. He has no business in the ring with either champion, I will say he did seem like he had bulked a bit of muscle on for this last fight, that bein said hes still to little to be fightin at 170.

Serra will never be a champ in either weight division.He did seem like a standup guy on TUF show.They showed the huge contrast between him and Hughes.I used to be a Hughes fan since I used to live near Hillsboro,Il. Matt Hughes lost alot of fans and respect by doing that show.It showed arrogant he really was.Do not get me wrong,Hughes was a great fighter in his time.He and Serra just cannot compete with the top competition in their weight class.

Bob I think that was not a serious statement' date=' calm down I dont wanna see u on a roll today. Anyways yea I mean Serra is still a middle of the pack type guy, but thats at best. He lost a horrible decision fight to Hughes who now looks to have the worst developed standup in the game, and his wrestling has just bout left him on top of that. He has no business in the ring with either champion, I will say he did seem like he had bulked a bit of muscle on for this last fight, that bein said hes still to little to be fightin at 170.[/quote']

I think serra is underrated but there no way he will beat GSP again .

I know in there last fight he was coming back from a back injury . He got dominate in all point .

Archived