Why is Demian Maia suddenly the best fighter to ever grace the octagon?

ForrestGriffinFan101

There are lots of threads of people saying he's the best MW besides Silva.

Ahh.. I see them now.

Just got on, and this was the first one I clicked lol

If Maia can keep improving his striking, he will be a major problem for anybody at 185. Nobody wants to go to the ground with him.. that's pretty much accepting defeat.

Ahh.. I see them now.

Just got on' date=' and this was the first one I clicked lol

If Maia can keep improving his striking, he will be a major problem for anybody at 185. Nobody wants to go to the ground with him.. that's pretty much accepting defeat.[/quote']

Yes I do admit that he is really good. My problem is though is that people suddenly think he's the best ever and that his lost to Nate was a fluke. I can recall plently of people on here the night of 102 saying how sweet the knockout was and how great Nate is.

Its stupid i know. People cant except that Marquardt lost to Sonnen so they start jumping on Maia's badwagon saying he's the best now. It's pathetic. And when Maia loses there gonna be all over Bisping saying it should've been him the whole time' date=' than Dan Miller, than god knows who.[/quote']

Exactly what I think

Just to give a little perspective to the Marqaurdt/Sonnen/Maia thing that seems to be the topic of the day.

Chael Sonnen doesn't have the best sub defense/Demian Maia has the best BJJ in the division.

Demian Maia doesn't have the best standup/Nate Marquardt is very good on his feet.

Nate Marquardt is not the best when fighting off his back/Chael Sonnens strength is his wrestling.

It's not rocket science.

Just to give a little perspective to the Marqaurdt/Sonnen/Maia thing that seems to be the topic of the day.

Chael Sonnen doesn't have the best sub defense/Demian Maia has the best BJJ in the division.

Demian Maia doesn't have the best standup/Nate Marquardt is very good on his feet.

Nate Marquardt is not the best when fighting off his back/Chael Sonnens strength is his wrestling.

It's not rocket science.

yes. but try explaining that to the people who are saying,

Maia>Sonnen (cause Maia already beat him and would do it again)

Sonnen>Marquardt (cause he beat him and he's so much better)

Maia>Marquardt (cause Nate got lucky and Maia would beat him in a rematch)

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

yes. but try explaining that to the people who are saying' date='

Maia>Sonnen (cause Maia already beat him and would do it again)

Sonnen>Marquardt (cause he beat him and he's so much better)

Maia>Marquardt (cause Nate got lucky and Maia would beat him in a rematch)

-buy the ticket. take the ride.[/quote']

Yeah I hate how people are saying this

I will agree that the Marquardt/Maia fight was a fluke.

Maybe not the end result (Marquardt winning)' date=' but the way in which it ended. If they had ten fights, that is the one fight with a crazy, sudden ending to it.[/quote']

In my opinion if they fought 10 times, 9 of them would end the exact same way as the first

Because these forums are filled with MMA noobs who see 1 guy win and suddenly he's the greatest thing ever and he's a top 10 p4p fighter.

Examples:

Sonnen beats someone by his normal boring non finishing UD style. He's suddenly the best.

Todd Duffee knocks out some dude real quick in his first UFC fights. He's suddenly the best.

Brock Lesnar is a 4-1 fighter. 4-1. A total of 5 fights. He's somehow the greatest thing on Earth and he somehow compares to Fedor's record of 300000000-1.

I truely beleive that Maia will be MW champ once Silva leaves MW, Maia is just too good for everyone in MW, Vitor will be his only challenge but i still think he'd beat him, sonnen will be dominated by Maia since his weak GnP and going for decision wins is all he has and Maia would catch him in somthing, nate just got one flukey punch, and that's coming from somone who quite like's nate..

WAR MAIA

Here's how it works. Maia beat Sonnen who beat Marquart who beat Maia.

Maia > Sonnen > Marquart > Maia > Sonnen > Marquart > Maia > Sonnen > Marquart > Maia > Sonnen > Marquart > Maia > Sonnen > Marquart > Maia > Sonnen > Marquart > Maia > Sonnen > Marquart > Maia > Sonnen > Marquart > Maia > Sonnen > Marquart > Maia > Sonnen > Marquart > Maia > Sonnen > Marquart > Maia > Sonnen > Marquart > Maia > Sonnen > Marquart etc.

Since Marquart lost his last fight he's out. So we have Maia ans Sonnen left. Since Maia beat Sonnen, he's the second coming of Jesus.

Archived