Why does everyone assume Vitor will stand with Silva?

GTech

Vitor is stronger, a better wrestler and has been training with Couture. He is a legitimate black belt and a very strong grappler. I could see him really trying to mix up strikes and takedowns and forcing the fight to the ground where he should have an advantage.

When Maia said that Vitor was more powerful and had better technique do you really think he was talking about his striking?

The reason i think everyone thinks he will stand with Silva is because he is an animal i dont think anyone has hands as fast as him. And if its nesc he might try the couture method of clinch game at the fence and hold him but if i was vitor id train how to GTFO of the clinch cause imo silva destorys anyone in the clinch. So i'dm stick to striking stick and move.

His boxing is really his best weapon. But against Silva it's not a very good weapon.

Yeah thats my point. Couture is a master of neutralizing peoples strengths and I could see him coming up with a very different gameplan for Vitor for this fight.

Vitor is definitely a better striker than he is a grappler but when compared to Anderson I feel he has the edge in grappling and loses striking.

I would imagine people just think he will because he is a serious threat striking wise. People see the replays of him vs. Wanderlai Silva and think WOW. Why would he even bother changing levels when he can do that. One thing is for sure; Anderson wont be doing any of his **** arrogant head movements against Vitor!

Belfort's Brazilian, so Anderson will likely have more respect for him, and not bob around. :P

For the record, If Belfort still fights Anderson, he will go to the ground, fo shizzle.

Yeah thats my point. Couture is a master of neutralizing peoples strengths and I could see him coming up with a very different gameplan for Vitor for this fight.

Vitor is definitely a better striker than he is a grappler but when compared to Anderson I feel he has the edge in grappling and loses striking.

I think with Silva's Muay Thai he would be ok

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

Archived