nate THE WHAT? marquardt

JohnnyDeath

*lol sorry if there has been any threads like this before*

okay Nate the great marquardt became Nate the what? marquardt

Chael? really? who? ... who beat you?

number 2 fighter lost to a number 5 fighter (in MW ranking)

so.. whats next for Nate?

id say 3-4 more tough fights for Nate before another #1 contender shot

what do you guys think?

BTW Nate IS STILL THE GREAT!

Chael exposed some holes in Nates game; wrestling' date=' takedown defense, offence on your back. Imagine how much more dangerous he will be in his next fight after fixing his weaknesses..[/quote']

yes, he had a few shots on his back but did not take them, sonnen fought well but nate could have done alot more

i'd be surprised if anyone legitimately thought sonnen was going to win. not only did he win, he dominated. i couldnt believe it. nate lost so much in that fight makes you wonder why he took it when he had a claim for a title shot. loser of belcher/cote (they're fighting right?) maybe? or even winner.

Surprising victory. Either way at this point Sonnen's wrestling is great. The combo of those great takedowns and his submission defense, and the intelligence to realize that standing with the "Spider" is a one way ticket to another guys highlight reel, makes him the most dangerous competitor at this time. Though if Vitor pulls the upset and becomes the opponent, I'd be shocked, but believe Sonnen could win that one with the same game plan he used his last 3 with either guy.

That's the beauty of MMA! You can never know the outcome until the end of the match. As much as I wanted to see Nate win this, I really think Chael was just the better man that day. But I really think in any given day, Nate could defeat him. Not that I'm justifying his loss, but maybe, and just maybe, he was so fixated on Silva that he underestimated Sonnen's fighting prowess. Different strokes for different folks! And should there be a rematch, I'm still betting on Nate to win.

BTW, as much as I respect and laud Chael's abilities as a fighter, he doesn't stand a rat's **** of a chance against Silva.

I know Nate was getting dominated takedown-wise and was taking the ground and pound, but not once during the fight did I think Sonnen was going to finish Nate. Nate missed a guillotine in the first round, got a nasty cut on Sonnen that poured blood the rest of the fight, and had Sonnen in a DEEP guillotine. Yea, Nate is my favorite fighter, but I was hoping Sonnen would give a run for his money, which he did.

Nate deserved the loss, and the end result is a new contender in the middleweight division, and a Nate who is going to fill the the final holes in his game.

*lol sorry if there has been any threads like this before*

okay Nate the great marquardt became Nate the what? marquardt

Chael? really? who? ... who beat you?

number 2 fighter lost to a number 5 fighter (in MW ranking)

so.. whats next for Nate?

id say 3-4 more tough fights for Nate before another #1 contender shot

what do you guys think?

BTW Nate IS STILL THE GREAT!

Chael is a quality fighter, it's not Nate's fault you have never heard of him before...

I was pretty damn impressed by chael, I didnt think the fight would be a ground game like it was but I really enjoyed it......he himself said he didnt think he could get him down and keep him there but he did and thats what helped him win the fight by exposing nates "off the back defense" ........sonnen gets dominated...loved those posts and seeing alot of yall eating the words =)

I am really tired of hearing people talk **** about Marquardt. This guy is no joke! The guy has one bad night and all of a sudden he's no good? The man's human and sometimes **** happens. I think if anything this fight will make Nate 10x better after his main weakness was exposed. He will probably greatly improve his takedown defense in addition to adding more tools from off his back. Mark my words, Nate 'The Great' WILL be MW champion soon enough. Anyone that disagrees should watch some of Nate's earlier fights. Such a versatile fighter with a list of highlight reel knockouts, what's to hate? Seriously, get off this guys nuts already.

Nate is a Goddamn creature from the deep. If that were a street fight no one in their right mind would have been saying "Chael won the fight". I was disappointed in Nate that he let himself get controlled like that in the wrestling game, but there were a couple times I saw Chael had his lights out from shots Nate landed from the bottom, plus all the blood all over the octagon, and the two narrowly missed guillotines.

Nate won't go anywhere, Chael hasn't exposed anything that won't be fixed in the next 3 months, and no one else contending in that division has a chance against the Great.

Chael has the best fight of his career on a night where Nate was totally off game and couldn't find his rhythm and Chael still barely get's through alive. Nate's game is still completely and totally at the top of the division.

Archived