Belfort is out!!! whats the main event not penn edgar i hope

ufcknockoutnut

this sucks royally a really good card just took a dump vitor belfort is out of ufc 112 against anderson silva. so now whats gonna be the main event i hope they dont make Penn vs Edgar a main event cause it definently is nowhere near a main event its not even a great co-main event because Bj penn is gonna kill Frankie edgar in like the first or 2nd round everyone seen how he did Sanchez!!!

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Belfort-Silva-Off-for-UFC-112-22589

this sucks royally a really good card just took a dump vitor belfort is out of ufc 112 against anderson silva. so now whats gonna be the main event i hope they dont make Penn vs Edgar a main event cause it definently is nowhere near a main event its not even a great co-main event because Bj penn is gonna kill Frankie edgar in like the first or 2nd round everyone seen how he did Sanchez!!!

And this is 100% for sure?? That really sucks!!!

Penn vs. Edgar is better than nothing, but I agree; A better main event needs to be arranged. But what great main event could be arranged in such short notice????

Sonnen better not **** out after all that **** he's talking. Hopefully that cut heals up. He is known for taking fights on short notice. I don't think rampage or evans would stand a chance. I love rampage, but he's got those midget arms. I hope the title defense works out!!!

Who else is there?

Jorge Rivera? Lawlor? Ed HErman?

I dont think that there is another worthy challenger. I guess what im getting at is that the main event shouldnt be a MW fight anymore. Either let Silva fight a top contender at LHW, or I would love to see Evans vs Jackson step up as the main event.

It?s gonna be chael Sonnen vs anderson silva. He has 10 weeks to train and heal his forehead. No problem' date=' this is gonna be the main event.[/quote']

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17873/ufc-109-medical-suspensions-despite-wins-sonnen-maia-danzig-and-guillard-suspended.mma

?Chael Sonnen: Suspended until March 24 with no contact until March 9 due to forehead and nasal-bridge lacerations

So he'll be cleared to fight. Time to nut up or shut up.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17873/ufc-109-medical-suspensions-despite-wins-sonnen-maia-danzig-and-guillard-suspended.mma

•Chael Sonnen: Suspended until March 24 with no contact until March 9 due to forehead and nasal-bridge lacerations

So he'll be cleared to fight. Time to nut up or shut up.

just sayin if Chael cant step up due to cuts

Yes he can, he only out till the 24th of march

i saw that on dana's twitter that vitor is out.... i cant believe it! who DOESNT like an A. Silva fight?... why is vitor out anyway? what hapenned?

"Tatame.com was the first to report that Belfort, a former UFC light heavyweight champion, had sustained a shoulder injury that jeopardized his participation in the bout."

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Belfort-Silva-Off-for-UFC-112-22589

This is a terrible situation. If you throw Sonnen in there too early you give him excuses. I think Randy at 205 is the only logical choice but what weight is Anderson at right now because he was training and cutting for a 185 bout.

I'm very curious to see what the UFC does to remedy this. Dana said Anderson is still fighting so we have to see what he accepts as well.

It has to be fair to Anderson, he's been training for a striker. Although it is early enough to change his camp up if they announce an opponent soon enough.

This is a terrible situation. If you throw Sonnen in there too early you give him excuses. I think Randy at 205 is the only logical choice but what weight is Anderson at right now because he was training and cutting for a 185 bout.

I'm very curious to see what the UFC does to remedy this. Dana said Anderson is still fighting so we have to see what he accepts as well.

It has to be fair to Anderson' date=' he's been training for a striker. Although it is early enough to change his camp up if they announce an opponent soon enough.[/quote']

Good point. That fact alone may make it tough for Dana White to send him up to LHW to fight a top contender. But I think with the amount of time there is before the fight, he could regain that weight correctly.

Maybe Couture would be a good choice. The ONLY reason I saw that is because most fighters like a 3 month training camp, but Couture said before the Coleman fight that he shortened his training camp and he likes it better that way.

Well Mousasi is a free agent , if they sign him THIS WEEK, they should offer him the title shot vs Anderson , i mean Mousasi is way better then Nate , or Cheal , and throwing Anderson up against Thiago Silva is pointless, jones is not ready and is fighting vera. So i say Couture vs Anderson or Mousasi Vs Anderson , really it should be Mousasi at 185 because anderson hanst defended that title in a year?.....

Well Mousasi is a free agent ' date=' if they sign him THIS WEEK, they should offer him the title shot vs Anderson , i mean Mousasi is way better then Nate , or Cheal , and throwing Anderson up against Thiago Silva is pointless, jones is not ready and is fighting vera. So i say Couture vs Anderson or Mousasi Vs Anderson , really it should be Mousasi at 185 because anderson hanst defended that title in a year?.....[/quote']

Mousasi is under contract with Strikeforce, his management team was dumped (M-1)...

AWWWH! are you sure man you mean there will be no signing of Mousasi? if not wel then Anderson should just go in VS couture Harumph i wanna see Gegard vs Anderson. Your positive hes still stuck at Gayforce?

i think he is rumored to be fighting King Mo at the next Strikeforce event...

i think he is rumored to be fighting King Mo at the next Strikeforce event...

Ive Heard but that fight doesnt seem to be too special Mousasi will get a decisive KO vs a questionable fighter and everyone will keep saying hes not that good and he hasnt proved himself.

Dana wants mousasi and likes him Unlike fedor . IDK when mousasis contract ends but he will probably be in the UFC then and he just brings alot of amazing fights at 185 and 205 i hope to see him in the UFC strikeforce has nothing for him except Henderson.

I don't think sonnen will take the fight considering he can't really train untill about 2 weeks before the fight. But he might. Couture would be a GREAT fight...the Natural vs the Spider...EPIC. Other than that I don't see anybody stepping up to him. Thiago Silva would make for a very exciting fight as well.

Archived