Gegard Mousasi parts ways with M-1 Global, opens the door for the UFC?

Ares9139

Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, Gegard Mousasi has parted ways with his management team at M-1 Global, a decision that could open the door to a potential blockbuster switch to the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Speaking via an email sent to Sherdog.com, Mousasi said:

?After careful consideration, I have decided that it is in my best interest to part ways with M-1 Global. During the time I spent under their wing, M-1 Global, as a promoter and management company, allowed me to achieve many great things. I appreciate all they have done for me. My management is being taken care of by someone close to me.?

Mousasi was very public in his criticism of his management following the signing with Strikeforce last year, saying the deal hadn?t been done for the benefit of himself. A fight against top rated American, ?King Mo? Lawal seems to be the most logical set for the Armenian, with April the most likely timing for the fight.

http://mmabay.co.uk/Story%2010167.html

Definately a roadblock removed since the UFC and M1 have decided they can;'t work together for whatever reason.

I still don;t see Mousasi signing an exclusive deal with the UFC. He's a guy who wants to to fight 8 times this year and he would be lucky to get 2 fights a year in the UFC.

Not sure the UFC is willing to sign a guy to a non-exclusive deal. They seem pretty hard line about not giving anyone a special contract - although they will definately give out title shots to new comers.

I doubt Mousasi ends up in the UFC, but I hope he does.

Definately a roadblock removed since the UFC and M1 have decided they can;'t work together for whatever reason.

I still don;t see Mousasi signing an exclusive deal with the UFC. He's a guy who wants to to fight 8 times this year and he would be lucky to get 2 fights a year in the UFC.

Not sure the UFC is willing to sign a guy to a non-exclusive deal. They seem pretty hard line about not giving anyone a special contract - although they will definately give out title shots to new comers.

I doubt Mousasi ends up in the UFC' date=' but I hope he does.[/quote']

I agree completely with this. Unless the UFC offers him a contract with an insane amount of money on it, I don't see Mousasi signing with them. He is able to make a ton of money fighting wherever he likes, he is already signed up to do the LHW tournament in Dream. I expect he'll prob have another K1 bout sometime.

He has stated repeatedly that he is all about the money. I think the challenging himself thing comes secondary to earning a living. Once he feels comfortable with the money he has then I could see him challenging himself by going to the UFC. The guy is only what? 24 years old? He's still young and still developing as a fighter.

I agree completely with this. Unless the UFC offers him a contract with an insane amount of money on it' date=' I don't see Mousasi signing with them. He is able to make a ton of money fighting wherever he likes, he is already signed up to do the LHW tournament in Dream. I expect he'll prob have another K1 bout sometime.

He has stated repeatedly that he is all about the money. I think the challenging himself thing comes secondary to earning a living. Once he feels comfortable with the money he has then I could see him challenging himself by going to the UFC. The guy is only what? 24 years old? He's still young and still developing as a fighter.[/quote']

30 plus fights already.

More than Couture.

Good. Can't wait to watch this overhype international guy's butt kick in UFC, so I can slam a thread to the face of almost all members here talking about how good he is, that he'll dominate the UFC LHW. I guarantee you that he will just be like Cro Cop, a failed K-1 star. I'll project he's record before UFC cut him will be 2-4, and those 2 wins will be against opponents rank outside the Top 5 of LHW.

Good. Can't wait to watch this overhype international guy's butt kick in UFC' date=' so I can slam a thread to the face of almost all members here talking about how good he is, that he'll dominate the UFC LHW. I guarantee you that he will just be like Cro Cop, a failed K-1 star. I'll project he's record before UFC cut him will be 2-4, and those 2 wins will be against opponents rank outside the Top 5 of LHW.[/quote']

shows hows much you know :rolleyes:

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

Archived