Wanderlei to train with Anderson at UFC 110 (VIDEO)

The_Power

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10707&zoneid=2

There is no doubt that Brazilian fighters are a proud people, and when rivalries rise up sometimes there's not much anybody can do to put out the fire. One rivalry that came and went recently was between former training partners Wanderlei Silva and UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. Some words were exchanged and it looked like a fight could be on the horizon for the former Chute Boxe fighters, but cooler heads prevailed and now the two legendary strikers are set to train together once again.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with MMAWeekly.com, Wanderlei says that he no longer has a need to fight Anderson, and he even plans on working with the champ?s Black House team in the near future."From now on I don't want to fight this man," Wanderlei said. "Maybe as soon as possible I'm going train with him in L.A. because he has a good thing there." He later told MMAWeekly.com that he would be training, at least on a limited basis, with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Anderson while they are all in Australia for UFC 110.

Working in Los Angeles, Anderson has built a world-class team including the Nogueira brothers and other top fighters from around the world. Wanderlei has assembled his own team in Las Vegas, but still believes mixing things up every now and again will only help them both. "He offered to give me a few classes and I think it would be good for me, for him, and I'm going to train with him there," Wanderlei commented. He will head to Australia this week to finish preparation for his UFC 110 bout against Michael Bisping.

WATCH VIDEO

http://videos.mmaweekly.com/view_player.php?id=3423

God Damnit Dana. Stop letting these Brazillians train with each other. Pretty soon we are going to have all these Blackhouse guys with the title and #1 spots and then what?

haha. funny post. a great fighter is a great fighter, i don't care where they're from or what language they speak. wanderlei is an INCREDIBLE fighter, he never let me down when i watch his fights. his ppv's are worth buying. i wish that i could play music the way he fights. he's my hero.

haha. funny post. a great fighter is a great fighter' date=' i don't care where they're from or what language they speak. wanderlei is an INCREDIBLE fighter, he never let me down when i watch his fights. his ppv's are worth buying. i wish that i could play music the way he fights. he's my hero.[/quote']

Seems you missed the point. I dont mind either that all the champs would be brazileros but when their training partners are the #1 contenders and they refuse to fight their training partners then it will get tricky. But still you are right, a great fighter is a great fighter no matter what language he speaks or where ever he is born and lives.

Seems you missed the point. I dont mind either that all the champs would be brazileros but when their training partners are the #1 contenders and they refuse to fight their training partners then it will get tricky. But still you are right' date=' a great fighter is a great fighter no matter what language he speaks or where ever he is born and lives.[/quote']

Yes it was nothing against Brazilians at all, exactly the opposite. Blackhouse is a pretty damn dominant group of fighters and trainers. Brazil puts out an incredible number of top notch fighters. If they ALL train at Blackhouse and don't want to fight each other it really puts the kibosh on a lot of great fights.

I mean GSP can only fight at so many weight classes to give these Blackhouse guys some competition.:P

Yes it was nothing against Brazilians at all' date=' exactly the opposite. Blackhouse is a pretty damn dominant group of fighters and trainers. Brazil puts out an incredible number of top notch fighters. If they ALL train at Blackhouse and don't want to fight each other it really puts the kibosh on a lot of great fights.

I mean GSP can only fight at so many weight classes to give these Blackhouse guys some competition.:P[/quote']

Haha that made me laugh. It's great that the brazilians are so close but you don't see all of the american fighters training together and refusing to fight each other. It's getting out of hand

Archived