Whatever happened to Thiago Alves?

CHUN_KUK_DO

Does anyone know whatever happened to him? Also, regarding the Maia vs Anderson fight; that really is a let down, I would rather see Jo Bones Jones fight him. Anderson should just move up to 205 for that fight and not defend his belt until Vitor gets better. Even then, I still believe Vitor will get smashed. Anderson's footwork, timing, technique and especially reach are a force to be reckoned with.

Does anyone know whatever happened to him? Also' date=' regarding the Maia vs Anderson fight; that really is a let down, I would rather see Jo Bones Jones fight him. Anderson should just move up to 205 for that fight and not defend his belt until Vitor gets better. Even then, I still believe Vitor will get smashed. Anderson's footwork, timing, technique and especially reach are a force to be reckoned with.[/quote']

Jones has an upcoming fight... I even believe its this month..

yes bones jones is fighting vera at ufc on versus 1 or what eva they are calling it & thiago alves is having a rematch with fitch at ufc 111 & as for silva waiting for vitor to return i read a link sum1 posted here(can't remember the link) he's gonna be out prob the whole year or come back at the end of the year so that can't happen

Does anyone know whatever happened to him? Also' date=' regarding the Maia vs Anderson fight; that really is a let down, I would rather see Jo Bones Jones fight him. Anderson should just move up to 205 for that fight and not defend his belt until Vitor gets better. Even then, I still believe Vitor will get smashed. Anderson's footwork, timing, technique and especially reach are a force to be reckoned with.[/quote']

Jones would not stand a chance against Silva.

Silva needs to defend. If he doesn't defend he looses the belt. He has to alternate to keep the belt and fight at 205. No I do not agree that Maia is fighting Silva. This is going to be a one sided fight. Silva is going to KO him in the first round. I don't care how good Maia is at BJJ, he isn't good enough on his feet to do anything to Silva. I think it's going to look worse than when he fought Forrest.

Jon Jones would have no chance against Anderson Silva, other than Matt Hamill he has'nt fought any1, who is not even close to Anderson Silva's level. Now that Dan Henderson has left, other than Marquart and Maia their is no1 currently in the MW division who would have a chance, that includes Chael Sonnen. Vitor was a great match-up and hopefully will happen in the future. Other than Maia, the only other option would have been to move up to LHW to fight Rashad, Thiago Silva or Couture, all of which he would destroy, other than that everybody has upcoming matches. Jon Jones I think needs at least 4 or 5 more fights before he can have a shot at the title. And to be fair, Maia has a great record other than the slip up against Marquart

Alves was supposed to be fighting at UFC 107 against Paulo Thiago which would of been a great fight but he got injured. Hes fighting Fitch at UFC 111.

I would of rathered Silva go up to LHW for his next fight instead of defending his title against someone who doesnt deserve the shot. Maia's just after getting knocked out in 21 seconds and he was very unimpressive in his last fight against an average opponent in a very bad fight. It definately wasnt a performance that warranted a title shot. It kind of de-values getting a title shot.

Archived