Nightmare is a fast learner, what about these other guys?

mynameis

Lots of fighters cut a lot of weight to compete in a division where they will have a size advantage, everybody knows that. In doing so, some guys become dominant forces in those divisions, like Anderson Silva, Thiago Alves and Forrest Griffin. That I can understand.

But other guys do equally or greater efforts to have such size advantage but do not get to be as dominant, like Swick, Rumble and Tibau. Will they ever realize the effort is not worth doing?! If they are gonna get their asses beaten anyhow, why bother? Sanchez learned this very fast. Any chance we will ever see those other fighters competing (or competing again) in divisions more according to their natural weights? What do you think? I feel like Swick should be thinking about it by now...

I think Swick dropped down because he was too small for MW...but that's just my opinion. And if it wasn't for Penn, Diego would dominate the LW divsion. I think he's moving up to WW because he ran thru the LW division and ran into the brick wall we call BJ Penn. I think BJ should take some time to get his weight up and take on the WW division again so other LW have a chance.

I think Swick dropped down because he was too small for MW...but that's just my opinion. And if it wasn't for Penn' date=' Diego would dominate the LW divsion. I think he's moving up to WW because he ran thru the LW division and ran into the brick wall we call BJ Penn. I think BJ should take some time to get his weight up and take on the WW division again so other LW have a chance.[/quote']

I think that if Diego went against Florian, in a rematch, he would get beat. He wouldn't tear through the LW division. He struggled with both Stevenson and Clay Guida.

Arguably he is alot better at 170 though. To me he looked horrible, physically, at 155. I'd imagine he probably walks around at 180+, so he really shouldn't be fighting at 155.

Gotta disagree with Gleison Tibau doing poorly at 155. He's defeated some top level guys.

I think that if Diego went against Florian' date=' in a rematch, he would get beat. He wouldn't tear through the LW division. He struggled with both Stevenson and Clay Guida.

Arguably he is alot better at 170 though. To me he looked horrible, physically, at 155. I'd imagine he probably walks around at 180+, so he really shouldn't be fighting at 155.

Gotta disagree with Gleison Tibau doing poorly at 155. He's defeated some top level guys.[/quote']

+1

Yeah I think Sanchez is much better suited for Welterweight. At least there he was actually knocking people out and finishing them. I think he lost some of his power and drained himself dropping down to Lightweight

I think Swick dropped down because he was too small for MW...but that's just my opinion. And if it wasn't for Penn' date=' Diego would dominate the LW divsion. I think he's moving up to WW because he ran thru the LW division and ran into the brick wall we call BJ Penn. I think BJ should take some time to get his weight up and take on the WW division again so other LW have a chance.[/quote']

Swick started out as a LHW (TUF 1), didnt he? He is a 6?1 guy who used to be much bigger than the skinny sick looking dude that he is now. If he was kicking ****, I would understand. But to be getting beat almost as easily as he wins... is the effort worthwhile?

I dont think Diego would dominate guys like Florian, Maynard or Edgar.

I think BJ is too small for WW. He couldnt handle Fitch, Alves.

Thanks for your opinion

Swick started out as a LHW (TUF 1)' date=' didnt he? He is a 6?1 guy who used to be much bigger than the skinny sick looking dude that he is now. If he was kicking ****, I would understand. But to be getting beat almost as easily as he wins... is the effort worthwhile?

I dont think Diego would dominate guys like Florian, Maynard or Edgar.

I think BJ is too small for WW. He couldnt handle Fitch, Alves.

Thanks for your opinion[/quote']

Diego would be a top guy at LW if BJ wasn't around. I think Kenny would beat him in a rematch though. I think Diego has a lot to work on. He's touch though, but IDK if he can hang with the top WW guys.

And BJ, if he put on the weight properly, has the skills to compete at the top of the WW division.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

i think bj should move up to ww so the he can be the nightmares true nightmare

Archived