Forget Brock, Fedor needs to Fight at 205

MMAEars

He had his chance to sign and didn't take it. He took less money to keep his record looking good. He can't keep that record fighting in the UFC.

By the way' date=' wrong section.[/quote']

Actually, he was ready to prove to everyone in the world he is the best HW in the world. He was ready to fight the winner of Mir vs Lesnar II in a 1 fight deal. The UFC was to scared to accept.

http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/Report-Fedor-Camp-Wants-1-Fight-Deal-With-UFC

Edit: Oh and Fedor could probably drop to 205, but why do this when you can keep beating HWs all over.

Actually' date=' he was ready to prove to everyone in the world he is the best HW in the world. He was ready to fight the winner of Mir vs Lesnar II in a 1 fight deal. The UFC was to scared to accept.

Edit: Oh and Fedor could probably drop to 205, but why do this when you can keep beating HWs all over.[/quote']

Um, okay.

I am talking about a UFC contract and not a one fight deal. Although, we would all love to see this "one" fight but my point is Fedor wouldn't keep his record if he had been fighting in the UFC the last ten years.

perhaps after :

werdum

overeem

bigfoot

arlovski ll

rogers ll

barnett

lashley

king mo^^ (movin' up soon)

................ the emp might consider giving up ice cream, but let us remember that emelianenko fights at his walking-around weight .

................ ok, raise your hand if you knew that ? :eek:

Um' date=' okay.

I am talking about a UFC contract and not a one fight deal. Although, we would all love to see this "one" fight but my point is Fedor wouldn't keep his record if he had been fighting in the UFC the last ten years.[/quote']

Well if he was fighting in the UFC for 10 years, he wouldn't be the best HW ever. Because Pride had the best HWs in the world.

And he was ready to prove that he is better than the UFC champion. But the UFC decided that they didn't want Fedor to come over and prove that he is the best, making a joke out of the UFC's HW division.

They learned their lesson when they sent Chuck to Pride only to have him lose against Rampage.

Why would he want to do that?

That's like when people say Cro Cop should drop down to LHW. Doesn't make any sense. They belong where they feel they are most comfortable and have the most chances winning a fight. And for Fedor that's as a HW.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

If he ever makes it to the UFC' date=' he should really compete at 205. Lets face it, he's chubby and could easily carve off 30 lbs of flab.

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/fighters/fedor-emelianenko-banned.jpg

He would be much more lethal because he has so much power, speed and is hyper aggressive.[/quote']

umm, nah

not until he loses

x

He had his chance to sign and didn't take it. He took less money to keep his record looking good. He can't keep that record fighting in the UFC.

actually fedor didnt take less money, he took more money. the ufc and dana white are notorious for under paying their fighters. thats why dan hendo left and went to strikeforce, because donald trump is backing them so they pay more. and thats why tito and couture left back in the day. the only way you get paid phat in the ufc is if your a champion or you get fight/ko/sub of the night.

Naw I'm not buying that Fedor is as great as depicted. I give him his credit on his wins but I believe the UFC has the better class of HWs in MMA today. So I agree with a few of the other posts that say he wouldn't have his record of he has been fighting with the UFC for the past X years. Until he does run thru the top UFC HWs I'm not convinced he's the #1 HW

Um' date=' okay.

I am talking about a UFC contract and not a one fight deal. Although, we would all love to see this "one" fight but my point is Fedor wouldn't keep his record if he had been fighting in the UFC the last ten years.[/quote']

bull $%## alot of the hw right now came from pride, and fedor already beat all of them over in japan

Actually' date=' he was ready to prove to everyone in the world he is the best HW in the world. He was ready to fight the winner of Mir vs Lesnar II in a 1 fight deal. The UFC was to scared to accept.

Edit: Oh and Fedor could probably drop to 205, but why do this when you can keep beating HWs all over.[/quote']

Scared to accept my ****. UFC didn't take the 1 fight deal cause affliction wanted to co-promote with them and piggy back off the UFC. Thats not worth 1 fight! Fedor and his management were the ones scared to take a real contract!!!

I could see Afraidor dropping to 205. But I could see him only trying to fight king of the cage opponents' date=' because he wants to keep his record.[/quote']

noob-troll ... :rolleyes:

Naw I'm not buying that Fedor is as great as depicted. I give him his credit on his wins but I believe the UFC has the better class of HWs in MMA today. So I agree with a few of the other posts that say he wouldn't have his record of he has been fighting with the UFC for the past X years. Until he does run thru the top UFC HWs I'm not convinced he's the #1 HW

check the other brock thread, I'm tired of typing & re-educating ... :rolleyes:

actually fedor didnt take less money' date=' he took more money. the ufc and dana white are notorious for under paying their fighters. thats why dan hendo left and went to strikeforce, because donald trump is backing them so they pay more. and thats why tito and couture left back in the day. the only way you get paid phat in the ufc is if your a champion or you get fight/ko/sub of the night.[/quote']

lol, are you serious?

First of all, Hendo wanted to become one of the highest paid fighters in the UFC (most likely top 5), which he DID NOT deserve.

Lets be serious, compare the last Strikeforce and the last UFC event. Compare the payrolls.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17863/ufc-109-salaries-coutures-250k-flat-payday-leads-944k-fighter-payroll.mma

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17790/strikeforce-miami-fighter-salaries-nick-diaz-and-robbie-lawler-each-earn-100000.mma

And that UFC event didn't even have any real stars in it, whereas that Strikeforce card had 2 champions. UFC does not underpay their fighters at all, compared to other organizations at least.

lol' date=' are you serious?

First of all, Hendo wanted to become one of the highest paid fighters in the UFC (most likely top 5), which he DID NOT deserve.

Lets be serious, compare the last Strikeforce and the last UFC event. Compare the payrolls.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17863/ufc-109-salaries-coutures-250k-flat-payday-leads-944k-fighter-payroll.mma

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17790/strikeforce-miami-fighter-salaries-nick-diaz-and-robbie-lawler-each-earn-100000.mma

And that UFC event didn't even have any real stars in it, whereas that Strikeforce card had 2 champions. UFC does not underpay their fighters at all, compared to other organizations at least.[/quote']

Are YOU serious, 109 had no stars? Coleman and couture, BOTH HALL OF FAMERS, Couture Being THE ONLY FIVE TIME CHAMPION, and ONE OF ONLY TWO MEN TO HOLD TITLES AT TWO DIFFERENT WIEGHT CLASSES, Nate Marqaurdt, who before his loss to sonnen was considered THE TOP MIDDLEWEIGHT CONTENDER, and Matt Serra, THE FORMER WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION AND TUF4 WINNER. yeah your right, no real MMA stars there. Your a F%$## retarded idiot. Shut your mouth ****breath

By the way, your an idiot.

Next yo might want to find out why Fedor didn?t sign shiftface.

Your a ****in troll, nothing else ****ge t.

Well if he was fighting in the UFC for 10 years' date=' he wouldn't be the best HW ever. Because Pride had the best HWs in the world.

And he was ready to prove that he is better than the UFC champion. But the UFC decided that they didn't want Fedor to come over and prove that he is the best, making a joke out of the UFC's HW division.

They learned their lesson when they sent Chuck to Pride only to have him lose against Rampage.[/quote']

^This

I am really tired of all these new fanboys who've been watching UFC for a year or two, have no knowledge of Pride or any other promotions, and somehow think they can formulate a valid opinion; Pride was in everyway equal and in some cases greater than the talent pool in the UFC (the Chuck/Rampage fight was a perfect example) the ONLY difference being they had different rules and no cage.

Jeff, you really think he'd have a lesser record in the UFC? I think you forgot that all of the UFC HW champs that went over to Pride where DEMOLISHED by Fedor; and by the way, I believe the most dominant UFC HW Champ in the last ten years was TIM SYLVIA.

Just FYI, I am NOT a Fedor fanboy; there is a TON of talent in the UFC HW division now that would make for really tough, epic fights with Fedor: JDS, Mir, Nog (again), Lesnar, etc.

My point is simply that anyone who says "Fedor would KTFO Lesnar, Lestard has no skills" or "Lesnar would totally crush Fedor, he's the REAL emporer!" is a FANBOY, not an MMA fan.

The reason this sport is so interesting is that ANYTHING can happen on any given night; it's really a shame that it seems the boxing greed may have made it's way into MMA and is preventing some amazing fights.

^This

I am really tired of all these new fanboys who've been watching UFC for a year or two' date=' have no knowledge of Pride or any other promotions, and somehow think they can formulate a valid opinion; Pride was in everyway equal and in some cases greater than the talent pool in the UFC (the Chuck/Rampage fight was a perfect example) the ONLY difference being they had different rules and no cage.

Jeff, you really think he'd have a lesser record in the UFC? I think you forgot that all of the UFC HW champs that went over to Pride where DEMOLISHED by Fedor; and by the way, I believe the most dominant UFC HW Champ in the last ten years was TIM SYLVIA.

Just FYI, I am NOT a Fedor fanboy; there is a TON of talent in the UFC HW division now that would make for really tough, epic fights with Fedor: JDS, Mir, Nog (again), Lesnar, etc.

My point is simply that anyone who says "Fedor would KTFO Lesnar, Lestard has no skills" or "Lesnar would totally crush Fedor, he's the REAL emporer!" is a FANBOY, not an MMA fan.

The reason this sport is so interesting is that ANYTHING can happen on any given night; it's really a shame that it seems the boxing greed may have made it's way into MMA and is preventing some amazing fights.[/quote']

ive been watching mma since before it was mma, when royce gracie was tearing through three or four guys a night, and i totally agree some of the best mma fight were in pride. the pride grand prixs were amazing, and the rampage liddell fight was a classic. i also loved liddell destroying overeem and guy metzger. i think the ufc should have open weight tournaments like pride did, and like they did back in the day.

ive been watching mma since before it was mma' date=' when royce gracie was tearing through three or four guys a night, and i totally agree some of the best mma fight were in pride. the pride grand prixs were amazing, and the rampage liddell fight was a classic. i also loved liddell destroying overeem and guy metzger. i think the ufc should have open weight tournaments like pride did, and like they did back in the day.[/quote']

Open weight fighting is illegal in North America. That's the main reason UFC cannot do open weight fights.

If he ever makes it to the UFC' date=' he should really compete at 205. Lets face it, he's chubby and could easily carve off 30 lbs of flab.

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/fighters/fedor-emelianenko-banned.jpg

He would be much more lethal because he has so much power, speed and is hyper aggressive.[/quote']

Now that would be downright unfair to UFC LHW's. lol. That man has fought some giants, so I could only imagine if he fought smaller guys. lol.

Well if he was fighting in the UFC for 10 years' date=' he wouldn't be the best HW ever. Because Pride had the best HWs in the world.

They learned their lesson when they sent Chuck to Pride only to have him lose against Rampage.[/quote']

all the fighters that are worth a damn in PRIDE are comin to UFC, n some get owned their first couple of fights. the UFC is where the best in the world come to compete. Fedor didnt want to sign a contract cuz he will get beat, he is a good HW, but far from the best in the world, thats y he isnt in the UFC. the best are right here in the UFC, n Fedor knows it. he is afraid of a blemish on his record. if he ever comes to UFC and shows us some of his talent and keeps his record, ill be the first to admit i was wrong. but until then, i jus dont think Fedor is what everyone makes him out to be

Bored of this argument, six months ago... Anyways, the truth is that Fedor didn't sign with the UFC because of the co-promotion stipulation with M-1, and the UFC couldn't agree to that for good business reasons.

Fedor would be a top contender in the UFC HW division - there is NO-ONE in Strikeforce on his level, but how he would fare against Brock, Mir, Carwin, Velasquez or Dos Santos is very much up for debate...

I also doubt he could cut to 205lb and maintain his strength - he's a stocky guy by design and just because he isn't ridiculously ripped doesn't mean he isn't in shape.

Bottom line is that until the co-promotion thing is sorted out Fedor will not be in the UFC - I don't believe he's scared in the slightest - he's just in the hands of his managers...

Open weight fighting is illegal in North America. That's the main reason UFC cannot do open weight fights.

i did not know that, that is stupid, but not surprising with nazis like john mccain trying so hard back in the day to get the ufc banned. but that doesnt mean they couldnt have the open weights in japan or brazil. thats what they SHOULD do, but it will never happen im sure

Why DO Fedor hater's think Fedor didnt want to fight in the UFC to keep his record!!?!?!/

He clearly states he doesnt care, he just fights to get paid and loves fighting.

Secondly, its obvious why UFC said no. UFC dont want to co-promote with M1 global. (i dont blame them, by the way, its too dangerous just for 1 fighter and Moussasi is pulling out of M1 global). It could lead to all kinds of headaches.

Fedor also likes to fight other competitions and he didnt want to be part of a WWE restricted type set up like UFC is. UFC or the highway type deal. Fight when we tell you type thing.

It had nothing to do with Brock Lesnar at all. Its not like this is a first for UFC.

Dan Henderson, Couture was about to leave a while back because of the restrictive nature of UFC, James Toney isnt getting signed probably because of money. Theres many fighters that are a little hesitant about signing full time to the UFC. Fedor isnt the only one. Most fighters put up with it because of UFC's popularity.

Archived