that wasnt the USA national team

look it up.

that wasnt even their back up squad

second of all

mexico would beat the crap out of UK

those guys are horrible

they need to stick with cricket and bisping

leave soccer to the real athletes.

We're even worse at Cricket! Rugby is probably our best bet...

firstly england lucky to be at the world cup finals?????? your knowledge is about as good as your national squads football yes thats right football not soccer you dumb hick,we topped our group so hardly lucky my old son....

also please dont talk to me about sport when you guys need 40lbs of padding to play a simple game of rugby (sorry you call it american football) and made a game for english public school girls who were considered too delicate to play cricket and turned it into your national sport the girls call it rounders you guys call it baseball...pfft even at that you lost to japan so go and soak your head sunshine...............

firstly england lucky to be at the world cup finals?????? your knowledge is about as good as your national squads football yes thats right football not soccer you dumb hick' date='we topped our group so hardly lucky my old son....

also please dont talk to me about sport when you guys need 40lbs of padding to play a simple game of rugby (sorry you call it american football) and made a game for english public school girls who were considered too delicate to play cricket and turned it into your national sport the girls call it rounders you guys call it baseball...pfft even at that you lost to japan so go and soak your head sunshine...............[/quote']

+1

I'm American' date=' but come on guy's you can't say USA are even half as good as England.Just a different class....But we beat you guys at any other sport :P no questions asked.[/quote']

England are just so inconsistent, I dont think they have totally gelled as a team since Euro 96, just too many egos and it is getting more and more club vs country, and when clubs are ones paying huge wages and top flight managers are openly hostile about taking players for internationals it undermines the team.

I'm American' date=' but come on guy's you can't say USA are even half as good as England.Just a different class....But we beat you guys at any other sport :P no questions asked.[/quote']

i believe that over the last few world cups, USA has progressed further than England.

it wont be any different this time.

sure england has some great players from its clubs, but they arent english. Those players are bought, and when it comes to WC play, they all play for Portugal, Argentina, or Germany.

Word up.

i believe that over the last few world cups' date=' USA has progressed further than England.

sure england has some great players from its clubs, but they arent english. Those players are bought, and when it comes to WC play, they all play for Portugal, Argentina, or Germany.

Word up.[/quote']

+1. I'm not from US or UK, but I'm an avid fan of soccer. Football is NFL. England team doesen't have that much threat of a high scoring team anymore. Gone were the days of the mid 90's - early 2000's wherein they have some very good forward that can do hat trick in any game. Gone were the forwards like Teddy Sheringham, Allan Shearer, Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney (I don't think if his active in 2010 WC). England strength now is on their midfield, guys like Gerrrard & Lampard can do some damage, but I don't think with that talent now if they can pass the quarters. While USA continue to progress since 2008.

My favorite team is always Italy, but like England they don't have that much scorring forward like they do before in R. Baggio & A. Del Pierro.

+1. I'm not from US or UK' date=' but I'm an avid fan of soccer. Football is NFL. England team doesen't have that much threat of a high scoring team anymore. Gone were the days of the mid 90's - early 2000's wherein they have some very good forward that can do hat trick in any game. Gone were the forwards like Teddy Sheringham, Allan Shearer, Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney (I don't think if his active in 2010 WC). England strength now is on their midfield, guys like Gerrrard & Lampard can do some damage, but I don't think with that talent now if they can pass the quarters. While USA continue to progress since 2008.

My favorite team is always Italy, but like England they don't have that much scorring forward like they do before in R. Baggio & A. Del Pierro.[/quote']

Sorry Raffy, but football is not NFL. Football was around long before Gridiron. Every country in the world, outside of the US, if asked about football would know you are talking about the round ball game.

Rooney is not only still active, but probably our key player now. Owen still plays, but has IMO no chance of making the squad. You are correct, though, when you say that our forwards are not as good now as back in the mid 90's. However, Jermaine Defoe is playing the best football of his life, but Capello, the manager, seems reluctant to start him.

news flash for all europeans!

there are several things that are called different names in other parts of the world.

not just soccer. i have heard so many euros go around whining about how americans dont respect anyone elses culture.

then they get their panties in a tizzy over what we decide to use as synonyms for some game where you kick a ball around.

hypocrites.

more like...

euro-PEONS

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAH

HA

HA

HA HA HA

HUH

ha..

*sigh*

This is ironic. Real fans of this sport called it football' date=' while the rest of the world called it soccer. Which one is many.[/quote']

Football is the name of several similar team sports, all with similar origins which involve, to varying degrees, kicking a ball with the foot in an attempt to score a goal. The most popular of these sports worldwide is association football, more commonly known as just "football" or "soccer". However, the word football is applied to whichever form of football is the most popular in each particular part of the world. Hence, the English language word "football" is applied to "gridiron football," a name associated with American football and Canadian football, Australian rules football, Gaelic football, Rugby league, Rugby union and some related games. These variations are known as "codes".

This is copied and pasted from Wikipedia, not the most reliable of sources, but this is pretty spot on.

i believe that over the last few world cups' date=' USA has progressed further than England.

Word up.[/quote']

-1, The Americans are no hope of causing any upsets. UK dose not want to play Australia in the second leg. Hell New Zealand would punish the Americans in the WC

-1' date=' The Americans are no hope of causing any upsets. UK dose not want to play Australia in the second leg. Hell New Zealand would punish the American in the WC[/quote']

At the moment I would say Australia pose a greater threat than the US, but are at the sticky point of a great generation of players coming to the end of their international careers. America are not to be taken lightly though, especially with players like Landon Donovan now playing in the Premier League.

Archived