Do you think UFC 112

Spooky1

has two championships because Zuffa thinks Meia and Edgar wont put on that much of a show?

because i honestly dont think either of them deserve title shots yet

Edgar has been pulling for one since he came in to the ufc

but meia?

he should of been put against someone higher than swick

not putting down swick but hes been laggin lately

they should put him against okami or chael or akiyama or something

i just dont feel that he deserves the fight yet

but Edgar and Maynard should have a rematch

for the #1 spot at lw

imo

THOUGHTS?

sonen was cut really bad or else he would have got the shot!

makes all sense to have maia fight silva as he is the only one left!

I like frankie but he has no chance against BJ and then again who have you got at LW to challenge BJ?

Maynard??? no thanx his last fight was plain awful! BJs biggest threat was Diego and after dispatching him I think next stop will be WW

Well, before it was supposed to be Vitor and Silva instead of Maia, which would have been much more exciting. Either way, I think Hardy is going to get dominated by GSP anyway. Personally, I thought Chael deserved a shot at the title over Maia just because Nate was number one contender before their match in my opinion and Chael dominated him like I never thought he could be dominated. A random elbow opened him up and that was the only thing Nate landed. If anything should have happened, Chael and Maia should have had a rematch. I like Maynard a lot and I think he let the personal issues with Diaz get in the way of their last fight and it turned out really negative for him. But in the end, let Edgar have a title shot, then let Maynard get a title shot next, I don't really see any problems with that. While we're on the subject of title shots, Hardy gets a shot at GSP and he has 1 finish in the UFC with 2 splits and 1 unanimous? I was very unimpressed with his performance again Swick in his last match and he gets a title shot out of it.

has two championships because Zuffa thinks Meia and Edgar wont put on that much of a show?

because i honestly dont think either of them deserve title shots yet

Edgar has been pulling for one since he came in to the ufc

but meia?

he should of been put against someone higher than swick

not putting down swick but hes been laggin lately

they should put him against okami or chael or akiyama or something

i just dont feel that he deserves the fight yet

but Edgar and Maynard should have a rematch

for the #1 spot at lw

imo

THOUGHTS?

There have been two championship bouts scheduled for a while for that event, the UFC has been trying to load it with talent since it is the first show in Abu Dhabi and the government there has been going to great lengths to create a great venue. They're even building a whole stadium just for UFC 112.

Edgar is a very talented fighter, and he's probably the best pick now at 155 to face Penn. That is going to be an exciting fight.

Maia has already faced Sonnen once and beat him last year. He was probably the best choice avialable at the moment because of medical suspensions to Sonnen and Marquardt following UFC 109 that would have left them with little time to prepare. Also, Maia is a former world champion of the Abu Dhabi grappling competition, so he is well-known in the country, and that could have played a factor as well. If Maia can get Silva to the ground he will have a good chance of winning, but that is a big if.

Archived