Silva/Lesnar

playroy33

I've noticed as time goes by, that a lot of ppl keep mentioning that they hate Anderson Silva bc of his arrogance, but at the same time, they add in a little "Lesnar would smash Fedor" comment. Informing me that not only are they brainless about the Silva statement, but they're also Lesnar fans. For those of you that've watched Lesnar fights(UFC100) Did you not notice him flipping off the crowd, and talking s*** after the fight? How about drooling and screaming into the camera? How is that any better than Anderson Silva(the most dominant MW if UFC history) and his 'arrogant' attitude. The guy has put away extremely talented fighters. I think he earns the right to come off a little ****y. Let's not forget that Silva's size probably never comes into affect in a fight. Reach is one thing...but weighing 40-50lbs more than your opponent is another thing. No one can compare Silva's skills to Lesnar's. It's just down right ridiculous.

I've noticed as time goes by' date=' that a lot of ppl keep mentioning that they hate Anderson Silva bc of his arrogance, but at the same time, they add in a little "Lesnar would smash Fedor" comment. Informing me that not only are they brainless about the Silva statement, but they're also Lesnar fans. For those of you that've watched Lesnar fights(UFC100) Did you not notice him flipping off the crowd, and talking s*** after the fight? How about drooling and screaming into the camera? How is that any better than Anderson Silva(the most dominant MW if UFC history) and his 'arrogant' attitude. The guy has put away extremely talented fighters. I think he earns the right to come off a little ****y. Let's not forget that Silva's size probably never comes into affect in a fight. Reach is one thing...but weighing 40-50lbs more than your opponent is another thing. No one can compare Silva's skills to Lesnar's. It's just down right ridiculous.[/quote']

i agree Silva is a very nice guy, always bows, shows respect, never talks trash. and then theres Lesnar i choose not to speak about him.

I've noticed as time goes by' date=' that a lot of ppl keep mentioning that they hate Anderson Silva bc of his arrogance, but at the same time, they add in a little "Lesnar would smash Fedor" comment. Informing me that not only are they brainless about the Silva statement, but they're also Lesnar fans. For those of you that've watched Lesnar fights(UFC100) Did you not notice him flipping off the crowd, and talking s*** after the fight? How about drooling and screaming into the camera? How is that any better than Anderson Silva(the most dominant MW if UFC history) and his 'arrogant' attitude. The guy has put away extremely talented fighters. I think he earns the right to come off a little ****y. Let's not forget that Silva's size probably never comes into affect in a fight. Reach is one thing...but weighing 40-50lbs more than your opponent is another thing. No one can compare Silva's skills to Lesnar's. It's just down right ridiculous.[/quote']

I agree. Silva seems to actually have respect for the company and his opponents. Lesnar does not. I'll never understand how Lesnar became so damn popular.

Lesnar plays on being the heel, he gets a kick out of it and it gets him noticed. Silva isnt so much arrogant as aloof, it is thought he can speak English well, yet chooses not to, and refuses to fight his increasing list of friends. He is, however a legend and freakishly gifted in the skills department. It is really frustrating he will never hold belts at two weights, unless Machida loses, because he clearly would be able to.

a.silva is the man and i am a huge lesnar fan and i wouldnt even dare compare them, its like compareing angels and demons, just total opposites. a.silva gets his popularity from respecting opponents and his mad skills. lesnar gets his poppularity from hate and his bad boy attitude, some what like tito ortiz. i believe both of them are great fights but lesnar will never even come close to silva.

dont flame me because i called brock a great fighter, a great fighter requires dedication and heart more than just winning, brock has dedicated his heart to the sport, training 8 hours days.

I agree. Silva seems to actually have respect for the company and his opponents. Lesnar does not. I'll never understand how Lesnar became so damn popular.

ha ha really? because of the wwe!

even the people that didn't particularly like lesner wanted to check out how he did in mma even if they never watched it before and for the huge load of lesner fans oy vay did I spell that right?

now the ufc has a lot of fans that dont understand mma

its too bad

even the people that didn't particularly like lesner wanted to check out how he did in mma even if they never watched it before and for the huge load of lesner fans oy vay did I spell that right?

its too bad

They pay the same PPV money, so who cares if the understand it. It all helps getting the UFC's name out there. If the UFC is taking fans from WWE then it's all good. They cant be 12 forever.

i think Silva has a great fan base. he lost very little fans during those few fights that he fought fighters not even half his skill and he couldnt end those fights. decided to go 5 rounds against them, Instead of dominating those fighters. I still like Silva for what he is doing, going up in weight class, and for what he has done and accomplished. He is a great fighter and great fighters dont settle for less than what they can accomplish *cough* st pierre!..

Now Lesnar i like. Heavyweight class is between 205 - 265 i believe.. well when someone chooses to go into that weight class they already know they will face someone bigger than them. if you decide not to do anything and settle to fighting a 265 lb guy when you are 235 lbs that is no ones fault but yours. you have a choice to either go up in weight or drop down in weight class. It is not Lesnars fault. He uses his strengths to his advantages. Yea he flicked off those fans that doubted him. Those fans that thought a WWE wrestler would not make it in the UFC and get dominated. I would of done the same thing. Im sure he didnt mean to flick of those fans that support him and believed in him. Much respect to both fighters though. Two of my favorites along with BJ Penn..

i think Silva has a great fan base. he lost very little fans during those few fights that he fought fighters not even half his skill and he couldnt end those fights. decided to go 5 rounds against them' date=' Instead of dominating those fighters. I still like Silva for what he is doing, going up in weight class, and for what he has done and accomplished. He is a great fighter and great fighters dont settle for less than what they can accomplish *cough* st pierre!...[/quote']

Not sure what you are getting at here.....

its too bad

lol.. this guy is funny.. What is MMA to you? is it Karate? it BJJ? is it Wrestling? Street fighting? last i looked MMA is all of those things. So if a person chooses to watch UFC because they want to watch a wrester or a brawler just knock each other out, there is really nothing wrong with that. People pay for what entertains them and as long as those people keep on paying that is what helps MMA and UFC keep on going. So who cares who watches it as long as its still playing on TV. dont stress out about the lil things in life please..

Not sure what you are getting at here.....

just stating on a reason why people might hate Silva. I dont think its his arrogance or him not wanting to speak english. The mofo is good and he knows it. if you are referring to my comment of St. Pierre.. i just think he is to good for that weight class he is in. He should move up and face people in MW. Just my opinion but then again people are happy watching him dominate the same 5 people in his division..

just stating on a reason why people might hate Silva. I dont think its his arrogance or him not wanting to speak english. The mofo is good and he knows it. if you are referring to my comment of St. Pierre.. i just think he is to good for that weight class he is in. He should move up and face people in MW. Just my opinion but then again people are happy watching him dominate the same 5 people in his division..

He is contemplating a move, so fingers crossed.

a.silva is the man and i am a huge lesnar fan and i wouldnt even dare compare them' date=' its like compareing angels and demons, just total opposites. a.silva gets his popularity from respecting opponents and his mad skills. lesnar gets his poppularity from hate and his bad boy attitude, some what like tito ortiz. i believe both of them are great fights but lesnar will never even come close to silva.

dont flame me because i called brock a great fighter, a great fighter requires dedication and heart more than just winning, brock has dedicated his heart to the sport, training 8 hours days.[/quote']

yea but just because you train all day every day doesnt make you a great fighter

I suppose you're referring to me...I can't stand Silva because he is a Diva in a sport where that just doesn't fit for me...Brock will fight anybody i'm sure of it!

I've noticed as time goes by' date=' that a lot of ppl keep mentioning that they hate Anderson Silva bc of his arrogance, but at the same time, they add in a little "Lesnar would smash Fedor" comment...[/quote']

The only people who disrespect Anderson Silva are slack jawed redneck racists.

Archived