Really, How Good Was Chuck Liddel

WarAngel

Overrated? The guy won 7 fights in a row by either KO or TKO. 5 of those were title fights and all of them against top competition

21-7-0

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

sorry forgot to mention he is tied #1 with the most wins in the UFC

Sounds like its just you :eek:

I personally think he's the most overrated in fighting history. But that's just me....or is it.

Well lets see.

He dominated and beat the longest reigning UFC LHW champ. Then just for good measure did it again.

He beat Randy Couture twice.

He KO'd the reigning Strike Force Heavyweight champ, Overeem.

Beat former UFC HW Champ Kevin Randleman.

Holds the record for the most wins in the UFC.

Ya, you are right, the guy sucks.:rolleyes:

Well lets see.

He dominated and beat the longest reigning UFC LHW champ. Then just for good measure did it again.

He beat Randy Couture twice.

He KO'd the reigning Strike Force Heavyweight champ' date=' Overeem.

Beat former UFC HW Champ Kevin Randleman.

Holds the record for the most wins in the UFC.

Ya, you are right, the guy sucks.:rolleyes:[/quote']

only person to beat belfort standing

jeez' date=' guess no one else thinks he's not that great. To me, when i see him fight, i see a sloppy boxer, but i guess thats cause im a huge boxing fan. But really, what is his style, brawler?[/quote']

See, this isn't boxing, its MMA.

Chuck Liddell had arguably the best take down defense of his time. No one, even Randy Couture or prime Tito could take and keep the Ice Man down. His style if you will was a striker. He liked the fight standing and unleashed devastating over the top right hands and kicks.

See' date=' this isn't boxing, its MMA.

Chuck Liddell had arguably the best take down defense of his time. No one, [b']even Randy Couture[/b] or prime Tito could take and keep the Ice Man down. His style if you will was a striker. He liked the fight standing and unleashed devastating over the top right hands and kicks.

didnt randy finish him on the ground?

Lets Look at what chuck had to overcome in his prime reign if you will. Bad **** wrestlers/ground and poounders! not super crisp boxers, and chuck over came them with stuffing 85% of all takedown attempts and when he did go down he would get up in 10 secs or less. Now with that said and chuck on his feet most of the time what is the best way to beat a poor to ok striker, Vicious Counter Punching wich chuck did with flying colors. And now that chuck caused everyone in LHW division to get better at striking thus him getting knocked out a few times. O no it happins i would take that as a compliment if i was chuck. So in the end what does this mean......Chuck is better at MMA than boxing o wait this is MMA crazy...........can i get a here here anyone?

Iceman..overrated? no no noo..

He wasnt scared to face anyone..Hardly anyone could take him down and when he was down it wasnt very long..If im correct i believe the longest he has only been on his back for 13 seconds? even though he has been knocked out before thats what makes him exciting is that he isnt scared to go toe to toe with anyone after bein knocked out..

He has fought the whos whos of mma..just about all the best in the world..

He has the most KO's in the UFC i believe..

dude was a great wrestler in college plus he has a degree in accountin..Even though that has nothin to do with mma its still badass cause you know the guy has got to be pretty smart..

ICEMAN is a badass..

and you can't appreciate Chuck's counter striking ability??

thats crazy, the guy looks unorthodox compared to some fluid fighters, but he is wicked feirce with hammers for hands and ridiculous to hold down to submit or G&P.

Check his records, watch his fights and by the way he's still fighting. He does have under rated ground skills because we have really never had to see them.

jeez' date=' guess no one else thinks he's not that great. To me, when i see him fight, i see a sloppy boxer, but i guess thats cause im a huge boxing fan. But really, what is his style, brawler?[/quote']

Dude. You are just asking for it.

Google and/or WIKI before you come on here with these questions.

ehp' date=' guess i got schooled. But i still don't like the way he fights personally. Its cool he's a striker but he seems to always paw with his punches and i don't see much skill as a mixed martial artist. But numbers don't lie i guess.[/quote']

Are you sure it is Liddel you have been watching? Those pawed punches hurt!

Archived