Renzo Gracie

Kristufa

Renzo unlike other Gracies has good stand up skills. He's going to stand with Hughes make him feel like their in a kickboxing match and then go for the double leg takedown.

A problem that Renzo has had in the past is his cardio he tires fast, but being the fact that he's fighting now for UFC I know he's in top form and ready to go hard for 3 rounds.

I honestly can't wait to see Renzo back in action.

I see Renzo winning by submission in the second, his arm in guillotine is dangerous.

Renzo unlike other Gracies has good stand up skills. He's going to stand with Hughes make him feel like their in a kickboxing match and then go for the double leg takedown.

A problem that Renzo has had in the past is his cardio he tires fast' date=' but being the fact that he's fighting now for UFC I know he's in top form and ready to go hard for 3 rounds.

I see Renzo winning by submission in the second, his arm in guillotine is dangerous.[/quote']

Agreed.

By far the most rounded out of the Gracies... getting a takedown and being on the top is suspect to me.

I HOPE that his cardio has improved, because that'll be his downfall if it hasn't, but I also see him by sub.

A problem that Renzo has had in the past is his cardio he tires fast' date=' but being the fact that he's fighting now for UFC I know he's in top form and ready to go hard for 3 rounds.

[/quote']

You must have gone to the Dana White School of Fight Promoting. You know that Rolles' last fight was in the UFC as well right?

You must have gone to the Dana White School of Fight Promoting. You know that Rolles' last fight was in the UFC as well right?

Renzo is a vet in the sport and I've watched him for years, so I could point out his strong points and his weaknesses. So I'm calling it how I see it, in no way am I trying to hype him up

Renzo is a vet in the sport and I've watched him for years' date=' so I could point out his strong points and his weaknesses. So I'm calling it how I see it, in no way am I trying to hype him up[/quote']

I agree with you about Renzo. It just sounded funny hearing that a Gracie's cardio must be vastly improved or he wouldn't be in the UFC...you know, after Rolles. Should be a good match up.

Renzo Gracie vs. Matt Hughes in Abu Dhabi

What happens?

Does he pull a "Rolles" type of performance?

Does he actually impress us?

Who the **** is Rolles Gracie. Thats what I thought he is nobody?

You need to bow and show some respect to Renzo? Go watch some more of his fights before make thread talking **** about him like he is some loser .

I cant wait for this fight.. Renzo might be to old and stuck in the BJJ world to complete in modern MMA.. this fight will be a good indication on htat and i hope he slappes the **** out of hughes (even though i am a really big hughes fan)..

The sport need a gracie back in the main stream..

Agreed.

By far the most rounded out of the Gracies... getting a takedown and being on the top is suspect to me.

I HOPE that his cardio has improved' date=' because that'll be his downfall if it hasn't, but I also see him by sub.[/quote']

you cant forget that hughes cardio has been looking pretty weak lately too especially in the serra fight.

I see Renzo winning by submission in the second, his arm in guillotine is dangerous.[/quote']

he definatly aint submiting hughes. i see a decision happening this fight

I'm definitely ordering this event to watch Renzo back in action. I hate Hughes I think he's one of the most ****iest fighters in MMA. Plus I didn't like the time when GSP lost to Serra he was yelling to the camera "I love it I love it". The guy has no class whatsoever the complete opposite of Renzo Gracie. I want Renzo to submit him the same way he did Pat miletich, by flying Guillotine.

Matt Hughes comes out with the victory. A lot of people like to believe that Matt Hughes is past his prime, but if you look, his last two losses were against GSP and Alves. Those two guys are pretty darn good. I think Matt is better than Renzo wherever they fight may go.

Who the **** is Rolles Gracie. Thats what I thought he is nobody?

You need to bow and show some respect to Renzo? Go watch some more of his fights before make thread talking **** about him like he is some loser .

Dude what in the hell are you talking about? I dont even like the thread creator but he didnt say a single demeaning thing about Renzo lol

He stated his upcoming fight then asked our opinions on what would happen, Where did he call him a loser?! Jesus lay off the roids buddy.

As for Renzo, Im hoping he submits Hughes in stunning fashion as i cant stand that arrogant country hick. I also remember reading something about a Renzo/F. Shamrock fight in the works which sounded interesting but i guess since Shamrock is with SF And Renzo is with the UFC that it is no longer on the cards.

I cant wait for this fight.. Renzo might be to old and stuck in the BJJ world to complete in modern MMA.. this fight will be a good indication on htat and i hope he slappes the **** out of hughes (even though i am a really big hughes fan)..

The sport need a gracie back in the main stream..

Stuck in the BJJ world?? You obviously never seen Renzo fight. Renzo has good kick boxing skills. He outstruck Sakuraba when Sakuraba was in his prime. He's the most well rounded fighter out of all the Gracies. Renzo is comfortable on his feet, plus Hughes' stand up isn't that good, so who cares.

Archived