why Chael Sonnen didn't got the tittle shot

bahrain2009

He earned the number one spot' date=' i dont see why he should have to ruin what little chance he has by taking the fight way to early. Smart move not taking the fight.[/quote']

Not to complicate the Nate/Maia/Sonnen traingle of victories even more, but lets just say that Maia beats Silva. Wouldn't Nate be up for a shot before Sonnen since Sonnen lost to Maia?

Not to complicate the Nate/Maia/Sonnen traingle of victories even more' date=' but lets just say that Maia beats Silva. Wouldn't Nate be up for a shot before Sonnen since Sonnen lost to Maia?[/quote']

No i dont think you could make that the case. Sonnen won the number one contender match fair and square. If Vitor hadn't been injured Sonnen would still get the title shot after that fight and i believe thats how it should be.

No i dont think you could make that the case. Sonnen won the number one contender match fair and square. If Vitor hadn't been injured Sonnen would still get the title shot after that fight and i believe thats how it should be.

True. It's kind of like how Shane Carwin got cornholed out of his title shot. As a Maia fan, I would rather see him fight Sonnen again rather than Nate Marquardt. Sadly, I really don't see Maia beating Silva.:(

Who is the hell is Mia?

* Mia Aegerter, Swiss pop singer and actor

* Mia Farrow, American actress

* Mia Hagman, Finnish breaststroke swimmer

* Mia Hamm, American soccer (football) player

* Mia Kirshner, Canadian actress

* Mia Michaels, choreographer

* Mia Rose, English/Portuguese singer-songwriter

* Mia Rose, American ****ographic actress

* Mia Sara, American actress

* Mia Zapata, American musician

Take your pick....i think he meant Maia though.

Also, Nate gave Sonnen a nasty cut it wouldn't heal in time for the fight so live with it...not like he is gonna beat Silva anyways.

True. It's kind of like how Shane Carwin got cornholed out of his title shot. As a Maia fan' date=' I would rather see him fight Sonnen again rather than Nate Marquardt. Sadly, I really don't see Maia beating Silva.:([/quote']

Yeah and i felt really bad for Carwin, i mean if he looses to Mir it could take a long time for another title shot to come around. But i think Sonnen just going to wait and he'll get it in the not to distant future. Providing theres no injuries.....

even if sonnen deserves a title shot' date='its going to end up like the leitas silva fight,even maia against silva will be the same sort of fight,the only 3 that will giv silva a run is henderson,marquardt and belfort because they dont rely on winning by subs...[/quote']

Maia could go the way of Leites but think he has more about him than to turn in a performance like that but Sonnen is a wrestler, last thing he will want is to be on his back, shoot, shoot and if he is still conscious, shoot again will be his gameplan, not lay on his back like a dead cat.

Sonnen is another decision machine. his only wins in UFC and WEC were by decision. Anytime he fights anyone of consequence he either loses by stoppage or wins a decision.

BORING.

its like MMA is regressing back to one dimensional hacks like Sonnen and Maynard.

Couture is multi-dimensional?

Sonnen is another decision machine. his only wins in UFC and WEC were by decision. Anytime he fights anyone of consequence he either loses by stoppage or wins a decision.

BORING.

its like MMA is regressing back to one dimensional hacks like Sonnen and Maynard.

You think the Sonnen v Nate fight was 'boring'?

i thought that Sonnen will got the shot after belfort got injured ' date=',,, isn't Sonnen No. 1 middleweight contender after his victory over Nate Marquardt iknow that Sonnen is out for 30 days but i don't think that 30 days is that a big of probelm !![/quote']

30 days is a long time if your training for the biggest fight of your life and the last thing you want is Spider's knife-elbows re-opening and old deep wound like that, plus it rules you out of sparring for longer than 30 days, which obviously is an integral part of any camp, especially a camp preparng for a title shot

* Mia Aegerter' date=' Swiss pop singer and actor

* Mia Farrow, American actress

* Mia Hagman, Finnish breaststroke swimmer

* Mia Hamm, American soccer (football) player

* Mia Kirshner, Canadian actress

* Mia Michaels, choreographer

* Mia Rose, English/Portuguese singer-songwriter

* Mia Rose, American ****ographic actress

* Mia Sara, American actress

* Mia Zapata, American musician

Take your pick....i think he meant Maia though.

Also, Nate gave Sonnen a nasty cut it wouldn't heal in time for the fight so live with it...not like he is gonna beat Silva anyways.[/quote']

I will take Mia Farrow for a thousand please kable....please tell me its the daily double!!

Really? Marquardt kind of got demolished....

To clarify I dont think he should get a rematch, cause I dont care to see that but did he really demolish him? He did win obviously, but did you see the way he acted? He acted like it just took something outta him at the end, he said its was the most miserable 15 mins of his life. He was wounded after it for sure, head almost split in to and bout choked uncouncious, bout got ko by that knee he admited that. I dont like Sonnen that much, but I dont think he should have to rematch Nate already either, I'm just sayin I dont know bout demolished. I am pretty certain it is for the title, no reason it wouldnt be. It's at the proper weight. I wouldnt take that fight outta nowhere if I was Sonnen either btw. Even if he wasnt as injured as he is, thats a probly once in a lifetime opportuninty for Sonnen, he needs to come up with a brilliant training camp. Maia I think has less to lose from taken it.

I think they just mistakenly put up Silva's LHW picture, the stats say 205 and that is why it is not showing him with the belt. I am sure it is MW and for the title.

Sonnen said all those things because he likes up-talk his opponent after the fight, win or lose, it makes himself look better if he says how tough his opponent was.

Who gets the next shot now? Sonnen, or Belfort? Or do they do Sonnen vs Belfort, while Silva goes back up to LHW to fight?

At the end of the day, I say bring in Mousasi...

...let him take shots at both MW and LHW titles.

I would give Marquardt a title shot before Maia even if he lost to Sonnen. Maia poses no threat to Silva. Out of the Sonnen, Nate, Maia and Vitor I still think Nate would pose the biggest threat to Silva. And Hendo would pose even bigger. Really the realese of Hendo was one of Danas stupidest moves.

To clarify I dont think he should get a rematch' date=' cause I dont care to see that but did he really demolish him? He did win obviously, but did you see the way he acted? He acted like it just took something outta him at the end, he said its was the most miserable 15 mins of his life. He was wounded after it for sure, head almost split in to and bout choked uncouncious, bout got ko by that knee he admited that. I dont like Sonnen that much, but I dont think he should have to rematch Nate already either, I'm just sayin I dont know bout demolished. I am pretty certain it is for the title, no reason it wouldnt be. It's at the proper weight. I wouldnt take that fight outta nowhere if I was Sonnen either btw. Even if he wasnt as injured as he is, thats a probly once in a lifetime opportuninty for Sonnen, he needs to come up with a brilliant training camp. Maia I think has less to lose from taken it.[/quote']

Nate was winning that fight for 1 minute of of 15. The rest of the 14 minutes he was on his back eating constant elbows and punches. Nate got man handled and completely demolished.

I would give Marquardt a title shot before Maia even if he lost to Sonnen. Maia poses no threat to Silva. Out of the Sonnen, Nate, Maia and Vitor I still think Nate would pose the biggest threat to Silva. And Hendo would pose even bigger. Really the realese of Hendo was one of Danas stupidest moves.[/QU

Marquart and Sonnen are the ones who pose zero threat. Get it right. Marquart let Sonnen destroy him. Sonnen let Maia destroy him. Marquart and Sonnen couldnt submit anyone. Maia is the best submission artist on the planet. Marquart can punch. Sonnen has zero ko power and hasnt finished anyone in his career. Maia can finish a fight . Marquart just lost meaning Maia gets and deserves his title shot. Its gunna be a way better fight than people think. Better then a sonnen vs silva matchup where sonnen tries for three takedowns and gets none of them and then realizes hes doomed because he cant knock anyone out or submit anyone and eats a few punches a kick and a knee from silva and goes down lol

Archived