Rolles Gracie was hurt, confirmed

jackranger

i was expecting a lot more from rolles. that performance was pretty bad. relieved to hear that he has some sort of excuse.

http://bumpyknuckle.com/2010/02/15/rolles-gracie-camp-confirms-fighter-was-injured-prior-to-ufc-109-debut/

Yeah I thought there was something wrong with him in that fight. I also think he gassed so quick because he had such high expectations in his debut

i was expecting a lot more from rolles. that performance was pretty bad. relieved to hear that he has some sort of excuse.

http://bumpyknuckle.com/2010/02/15/rolles-gracie-camp-confirms-fighter-was-injured-prior-to-ufc-109-debut/

Royce purposly broke Rolles ankle in the locker room right after the fight so that their name would'nt be tarnished

if your rib is really injured...you cannot fight, and would not be cleared to fight, same with foot

rib injuries, i had one, if you exert yourself at all you will like fall over in pain

if the broken foot was so bad broke he wouldnt have fought

i hate fighters who fight and lose then make excuses

if your too bad hurt to fight and lose without making excuses, dont fight...simple

so hold on how could rolles fight with a broken foot and broken rib...He sure looked tire but he didnt looked injured at all

IMO the gracies are just trying to make excuses for his loss simple as that... The gracies do not like to loose and they rather make excuses so that they can somehow clear up their name ...

Anyone remember royce gracie in ufc 3 , He was too tired too fight so instead of getting in the octagon and suck it up , his camp threw in the white towel ...

True is as good as the gracies are they are stock in time in mma ... They need to start trainning different disciplines , not just bjj ..

so hold on how could rolles fight with a broken foot and broken rib...He sure looked tire but he didnt looked injured at all

IMO the gracies are just trying to make excuses for his loss simple as that... The gracies do not like to loose and they rather make excuses so that they can somehow clear up their name ...

Anyone remember royce gracie in ufc 3 ' date=' He was too tired too fight so instead of getting in the octagon and suck it up , his camp threw in the white towel ...

True is as good as the gracies are they are stock in time in mma ... They need to start trainning different disciplines , not just bjj ..[/quote']

thank you....if your rib is seriously hurt you cannot even grapple

and if he didnt even look injured then he def didnt have a hurt rib

and the foot, it depends how it was broke for it to even matter

but i guess so many mma fans are dumb enough they can get by with it

if your rib is really injured...you cannot fight' date=' and would not be cleared to fight, same with foot

rib injuries, i had one, if you exert yourself at all you will like fall over in pain

if your too bad hurt to fight and lose without making excuses, dont fight...simple[/quote']

You hate everything. You suck.

I agree about the making excuses to an extent, and I do believe that Rolles is simply a poor fighter, but your attitude is way negative.

Oh, by the way, if you fall over in pain from exerting yourself over a few broken ribs, you're a *****.

You hate everything. You suck.

I agree about the making excuses to an extent' date=' and I do believe that Rolles is simply a poor fighter, but your attitude is way negative.

Oh, by the way, if you fall over in pain from exerting yourself over a few broken ribs, you're a *****.[/quote']

ur ****ing retarded, a broken rib physically makes it impossible to exert yourself

you have obviously never had a broken rib, and if you say you have and that you practiced a sport while having one, you are lying

meh in the whole things of injurys i think it is stupid to enter the octagon with one because most injurys put alot of strain on your body and you are at an extreme disadvantage if you are nto able to fight they way you wanna

personally i knew that Rolles was gonna be a big dissapointment i even made a thread about how Mostapha Al turk was gonna beat him and prove that the Gracies has no real place in the Octagon anymore as the sport has evolved way past them.

I bet Mostapha Al Turk is real dissapointed he was not able to fight Rolles as that could have been the fight that cemented him a place in the UFC for a few more fights.

But on injurys i wanna see another Nogueira vs Mir fight just to see if Nogueiras Staph was a huge problem in that fight

i just watched the figt back and that is not the same Nog that fought Fedor or more recently Couture. That must have been a real dissapointment for Nog when he got TKO'd and would like to see him fight Mir at 100% just to see if there is a big difference in that performance but Nog did look very robotic in his movements that fight.

So as an big Nog fan i wanna see that fight again and more on topic i would also like to see Rolles back in the octagon to see if it really was an injury or if he is just a pure dissapointment.

ur ****ing retarded' date=' a broken rib physically makes it impossible to exert yourself

you have obviously never had a broken rib, and if you say you have and that you practiced a sport while having one, you are lying[/quote']

You're wrong. I've sparred, grappled, lifted weights and ran with broken ribs. If you're serious about what you're doing, broken ribs won't stop you, it will only limit you to an extent. I'm sure that anyone athletic can back me up on this one.

if your rib is really injured...you cannot fight' date=' and would not be cleared to fight, same with foot

if your too bad hurt to fight and lose without making excuses, dont fight...simple[/quote']

Agree at 100 % with u .

You're wrong. I've sparred' date=' grappled, lifted weights and ran with broken ribs. If you're serious about what you're doing, broken ribs won't stop you, it will only limit you to an extent. I'm sure that anyone athletic can back me up on this one.[/quote']

your full of ****, your ribs where not broken then

"No matter how much you may want to, you can?t participate in sports when you have separated ribs. The resulting pain will be too much to allow you to continue. "

Broken Rib

"The ultimate injury from a blow to the rib cage is a broken rib. The pain may occur anywhere in the rib cage depending on where the rib is broken. It may be that more than one rib is broken.

You will feel the same pain as with bruised or separated ribs, only more severe"

found this on http://www.newsfinder.org/site/more/rib_injury_the_annoying_pain/

Fractures can have different degrees of seriousness. Just like cuts, bruises or sicknesses. On that point I will offer a measure of nuetrality. I've framed many a house with a broken thumb. There's not a Construction worker out there who hasn't worked weeks on end with a torn tendon or a something significant.

I will not back down on this. If you're tough, you can do things with injuries. If you're seriously injured, not as many things. But to lay in bed like an invalid woman is something I've never done.

I agree. I've had broken ribs from playing football and it feels like someone stabbing you with a knife just trying to breath. It was difficult to even get out of bed.

lol he said if i couldnt grapple with a few broken ribs i was a poosy lol

yeah it felt like i was getting stabbed and i had to roll over in a certain way getting out of bed or it would like spasm in excruciating pain

i am not a sissy in any way, actually many times i have had broken hands etc and didnt even know it, but certain pains it doesnt matter how tough you are you cannot "will" your way through it

when certain things are wrong your body sends so much pain so that you do not move, it is a protective thing, and since the ribs protect the vital organs, you def dont want them moving around too much .

anyone i know who has had a rib injury says the same thing that its is excruciating if you move certain ways, and that it feels like being stabbed

maybe this guy is just trolling me

Fractures can have different degrees of seriousness. Just like cuts' date=' bruises or sicknesses. On that point I will offer a measure of nuetrality. I've framed many a house with a broken thumb. There's not a Construction worker out there who hasn't worked weeks on end with a torn tendon or a something significant.

I will not back down on this. If you're tough, you can do things with injuries. If you're seriously injured, not as many things. But to lay in bed like an invalid woman is something I've never done.[/quote']

you sound like an ignorant woman who is delussional about their mortality

"No matter how much you may want to' date=' you can?t participate in sports when you have separated ribs. The resulting pain will be too much to allow you to continue. "[/b']

Broken Rib

"The ultimate injury from a blow to the rib cage is a broken rib. The pain may occur anywhere in the rib cage depending on where the rib is broken. It may be that more than one rib is broken.

You will feel the same pain as with bruised or separated ribs, only more severe"

found this on http://www.newsfinder.org/site/more/rib_injury_the_annoying_pain/

Yes, the article is called Rib Injury, THE ANNOYING PAIN

lol he said if i couldnt grapple with a few broken ribs i was a poosy lol

yeah it felt like i was getting stabbed and i had to roll over in a certain way getting out of bed or it would like spasm in excruciating pain

i am not a sissy in any way' date=' actually many times i have had broken hands etc and didnt even know it, but certain pains it doesnt matter how tough you are you cannot "will" your way through it

when certain things are wrong your body sends so much pain so that you do not move, it is a protective thing, and since the ribs protect the vital organs, you def dont want them moving around too much .

anyone i know who has had a rib injury says the same thing that its is excruciating if you move certain ways, and that it feels like being stabbed

maybe this guy is just trolling me[/quote']

That's exactly right. It's not a question of being tough. Anyone who has had broken ribs (and I mean truly broken) knows that you are physically unable to workout or compete. There is no point arguing it.

Yes' date=' the article is called Rib Injury, [b']THE ANNOYING PAIN[/b]

also i tore my knee ligament and at various times i would get an insane pain and my knee would give out, i guess you wouldnt even fall down since your such a badass

you could even walk without any legs, you dont need your silly anatomy :rolleyes:

annoying when your not doing sports, unbearable when you are, your comprehension is sad

So the ufc cut Rolles because:

A.) The ufc believes Rolles is not capable of performing to the high athletic standards required of ufc fighters and they don't believe the excuses.

B.) The ufc does not like excuses so they cut him even though they know he is an elite level athlete capable of performing to the high athletic standards of the ufc.

C.) Rolles drew the short straw.

Anyone?

So the ufc cut Rolles because:

A.) The ufc believes Rolles is not capable of performing to the high athletic standards required of ufc fighters and they don't believe the excuses.

B.) The ufc does not like excuses so they cut him even though they know he is an elite level athlete capable of performing to the high athletic standards of the ufc.

C.) Rolles drew the short straw.

Anyone?

I would have to go with A. He looked really bad. I could be wrong but he looked like he didn't even want to be there. He had this look like "Damn why does my whole family have to fight? I just wanted to be a pastry chef."

what' date=' a bruised rib? lol

if it was broke or separated he couldnt fight[/quote']

Hey, he was poor and the way he gassed said lack of conditioning more than injury, even if he couldn't do cardio for a month. But hey, he could have pulled an intercostal muscle or something. It's all excuses, he clearly thought he could fight and did ok in the first round, against, lets face it, pretty dire opposition but then he pulled that lesser known BJJ move - the jellyfish.

If he did have the mentioned injuries, then he made a foolish decision to fight that night.

Couldnt his camp and him get in some trouble for not mentioning his injuries to the UFC? Or if they did, couldnt the UFC get in trouble for alloying him to fight?

If he did have the mentioned injuries' date=' then he made a foolish decision to fight that night.

Couldnt his camp and him get in some trouble for not mentioning his injuries to the UFC? Or if they did, couldnt the UFC get in trouble for alloying him to fight?[/quote']

i agree he should get in trouble if he knows he has serious injuries

I would have to go with A. He looked really bad. I could be wrong but he looked like he didn't even want to be there. He had this look like "Damn why does my whole family have to fight? I just wanted to be a pastry chef."

LOL! Hey he could do a guest appearance on the Food Channel with Barefoot Contessa!

Specialty dish: Gracie Cheese Doodle Surprise

If he did have the mentioned injuries' date=' then he made a foolish decision to fight that night.

Couldnt his camp and him get in some trouble for not mentioning his injuries to the UFC? Or if they did, couldnt the UFC get in trouble for alloying him to fight?[/quote']

I mean fighters make these poor decisions all the time. Shogun shouldn't have fought Griffin but he did and lost. Same with the first fight between Shamrock and Ortiz. Shamrock had a completely blown out ACL and still fought. I don't think they should get in trouble at all, if they want to fight then let them fight. It's the fighters decision and rarely pays off if they fight with a serious injury but sometimes it actually does. Sean Sherk had a torn rotator cuff when he fought Kenny Florian and ended up winning the Lightweight title

I mean fighters make these poor decisions all the time. Shogun shouldn't have fought Griffin but he did and lost. Same with the first fight between Shamrock and Ortiz. Shamrock had a completely blown out ACL and still fought. I don't think they should get in trouble at all' date=' if they want to fight then let them fight. It's the fighters decision and rarely pays off if they fight with a serious injury but sometimes it actually does. Sean Sherk had a torn rotator cuff when he fought Kenny Florian and ended up winning the Lightweight title[/quote']

it isnt their decision, they have to lie to the commission doctors

Archived