I was just thinking

kgisawesome

Everyone makes a huge deal about lesnar getting a title fight so early in the UFC but Anderson Silva got his shot after 1 fight.

Silva was 16-4 at the time he fought for the UFC title and had been a pro for over 6 years and held numerous notable victories over the likes of Chris Leben, Tony Fryklund, Jorge Rivera, Carlos Newton, Lee Murray, Jeremy Horn, Hayato Sakurai and Roan Carneiro.

Lesnar was 2-1, had been a pro for slightly over a year and held 1 worthwhile victory over Heath Herring who is 2-3 in the UFC.

You can't compare the two.

Silva was 16-4 at the time he fought for the UFC title and had been a pro for over 6 years and held numerous notable victories over the likes of Chris Leben' date=' Tony Fryklund, Jorge Rivera, Carlos Newton, Lee Murray, Jeremy Horn, Hayato Sakurai and Roan Carneiro.

Lesnar was 2-1, had been a pro for slightly over a year and held 1 worthwhile victory over Heath Herring who is 2-3 in the UFC.

You can't compare the two.[/quote']

+2

i dont even know how you can compare both

If like saying belford got a title shot after one fight ... Belford and silva have been in the game for too long..

Brock beat a nobody and then have one win over heat hearring who was not even a main contender for the title... And yea he also lost to mir PLOP

+2

i dont even know how you can compare both

If like saying belford got a title shot after one fight ... Belford and silva have been in the game for too long..

Brock beat a nobody and then have one win over heat hearring who was not even a main contender for the title... And yea he also lost to mir PLOP

Good point. As you say it is the same as comparing Vitor and Brock when Vitor is a deserving title challenger. I would say that both Nate and Hendo were more deserving at the time but still I never found fault with Belfort getting the Silva fight.

Good point. As you say it is the same as comparing Vitor and Brock when Vitor is a deserving title challenger. I would say that both Nate and Hendo were more deserving at the time but still I never found fault with Belfort getting the Silva fight.

yes i agree

If kimbo beat alexander and then got a title shot to brock then that would be a more fair comparison .. Although brock has all the wrestling background but then again this is mma ...

Maybe bobby lashey but he is actually starting from the bottom which i respect

Everyone makes a huge deal about lesnar getting a title fight so early in the UFC but Anderson Silva got his shot after 1 fight.

It wasnt originally supposed to be a title fight because Couture had resigned as the HW champ from the UFC to pursue a fight with Fedor. It was then set that the winner of Frank Mir and Nogeria would hold the interim title. But Couture came back and Brock was his first fight. Randy was the champ so he basically stumbeled into a title shot. If you look at it Brock really wasnt champ in my book until he beat Mir.

Silva on the other hand did not lose his first fight in the UFC, dominated in Pride (like Belfort), KO'd Leben in the first minute, and then handed Franklin his **** twice. And he still hasnt lost. So yeah there is really no comparing the two.

Brock shouldnt have even had a shot at Randy really. His first UFC win against Herring was the most unimpressive fight I can remember, and sure Block has gotten a little better but he is still garbage. (dont get all P'd off SCOminator) Now you hear him running his mouth saying all the HW's are poopin their pants now that he is back. What the eff ever! He dodged a sledgehammer in Shane Carwin because I have been calling for that fight since I heard Lesnar was coming into the UFC. Unfortunately Mir is probably going to beat Carwin.

Archived