No Illusions, Demian Maia Can Pull This Off!

Dicker410

You think of Nate as his last opponent and are dissapointed,but the Spider should be ready!

There is no illusion! Did you really think Vitor was gonna win? His so called fast hands were not derail The Spider!

Damien Maia on the other hand has a better opportunity, He's got the best BJJ in all of MMA,and will only be better from his disgracefull loss to Nate!

But didn't Nate just lose to Sonnen who Maia crushed Sonnen in the fight with a Triangle Choke in under 3 minutes?

Although his striking isn't the Best he has been working on it since his embarrasing loss! Remember he was undefeated before Nate

Hopefully this fight can go to the ground where we will see The Spider;s ground game match up against Damien's, Personnally I don't think any one can match Maia's

The Spider is a Phenom and posses deadly accurate striking,but if Maia can get this fight to the ground it ups his chances of winning by a major percentage,

In my opinion Damien has much more to offer than Vitor, His hand speed would of been nulified by many of Anderson's weapons, which is why Maia makes more sence to me!

I am sure in Silva's heart he didn't want to hear the name of Damien in this up coming fight,for he has a more accomplished set of disciplines,than Vitor

But still can Maia do the unthinkable? Maybe,.... maybe not but I like his chances better than a guy that might break down and cry when it came bell time!

Best of luck to Maia and hopefully you can expose Anderson like Lutters did.

Food for thought should he mount Silva like Lutter's did Silva's night will be over without the BELT

Best of luck on your future picks

[/b]

Maia certainly has the potential to win, but it will be very hard for him to take Anderson down without getting caught on the way in. But he still probably has a better chance than a lot of people are giving him credit for- if the fight hits the mat, Maia should be able to get a sub if he's not hurt.

You think of Nate as his last opponent and are dissapointed' date='but the Spider should be ready!

There is no illusion! Did you really think Vitor was gonna win? His so called fast hands were not derail The Spider!

Damien Maia on the other hand has a better opportunity, He's got the best BJJ in all of MMA,and will only be better from his disgracefull loss to Nate!

But didn't Nate just lose to Sonnen who Maia crushed Sonnen in the fight with a Triangle Choke in under 3 minutes?

Although his striking isn't the Best he has been working on it since his embarrasing loss! Remember he was undefeated before Nate

Hopefully this fight can go to the ground where we will see The Spider;s ground game match up against Damien's, Personnally I don't think any one can match Maia's

The Spider is a Phenom and posses deadly accurate striking,but if Maia can get this fight to the ground it ups his chances of winning by a major percentage,

In my opinion Damien has much more to offer than Vitor, His hand speed would of been nulified by many of Anderson's weapons, which is why Maia makes more sence to me!

I am sure in Silva's heart he didn't want to hear the name of Damien in this up coming fight,for he has a more accomplished set of disciplines,than Vitor

But still can Maia do the unthinkable? Maybe,.... maybe not but I like his chances better than a guy that might break down and cry when it came bell time!

Food for thought should he mount Silva like Lutter's did Silva's night will be over without the BELT

[/b']

Come on buddy, we all know Anderson Silva is no fool. My best guess here would be: "Remember Thales Leittes!!!!" lol....this is not going to the ground... and if it does I don't think it will be that easy for Maia to submit Silva. We all know that Maia is gonna go for the take down from the very first sec of the fight...its his only chance...If Nate can catch Maia, then what can Anderson Silva do to him?...this could be another Thales Leittes in the works...or another very fast win for the Spider...but miracles can happen... who knows....

Come on buddy' date=' we all know Anderson Silva is no fool. My best guess here would be: "Remember Thales Leittes!!!!" lol....this is not going to the ground... and if it does I don't think it will be that easy for Maia to submit Silva. We all know that Maia is gonna go for the take down from the very first sec of the fight...its his only chance...If Nate can catch Maia, then what can Anderson Silva do to him?...this could be another Thales Leittes in the works...or another very fast win for the Spider...but miracles can happen... who knows....[/quote']

yeah but maia was on the offensive against nate tryed 2 head kicks which nate noticed ever time he went 4 a head kick he slighty jumped so nate caught him but with anderson silva he prob wont try 2 b aggresive not saying he wont b caught but he wont be caught that easy

It's very difficult to get a take down when you don't have a mixed attack. Since he is no threat to Silva standing all Silva has to worry about is defending the take down which is much easier. Guys like GSP and Couture have great takedowns because they can set it up with striking. Even if Maia can pull guard and get Silva on top he has a decent chance but I just think Silva is going to see that coming a mile away.

The only way Maia wins is if Silva gets really careless' date=' which he won't. Even if i does go to the ground, Silva will be ready, he's a black belt too!![/quote']

yeah but he will look like a brown belt compared 2 maia but stand up maia will look like a school girl so its ur classic match up striker v grappler

yeah but maia was on the offensive against nate tryed 2 head kicks which nate noticed ever time he went 4 a head kick he slighty jumped so nate caught him but with anderson silva he prob wont try 2 b aggresive not saying he wont b caught but he wont be caught that easy

You call that offensive???It was so easy for Nate to catch Maia...I know ppl just wanna see Silva lose...and I understand that....but guys lets not forget that we're talking about one of the best MMA fighters of all time....I think that even if it goes to the ground Maia is not gonna be able to do much....Silva is not Sonnen.......and btw, just watch Maia get caught again....

You call that offensive???It was so easy for Nate to catch Maia...I know ppl just wanna see Silva lose...and I understand that....but guys lets not forget that we're talking about one of the best MMA fighters of all time....I think that even if it goes to the ground Maia is not gonna be able to do much....Silva is not Sonnen.......and btw' date=' just watch Maia get caught again....[/quote']

well going 4 2 head kicks in the first min is hardly defensive striking lol i love silva and maia i was just stating it wont b that easy 2 catch him like nate did because maia knows what silva can do but he prob will catch him or just overwhelm him with great striking but i dnt think he will get caught like the way nate caught him but i'm thinking silva tko 2nd but i wudnt b suprised if maia gt the sub

Come on buddy' date=' we all know Anderson Silva is no fool. My best guess here would be: "Remember Thales Leittes!!!!" lol....this is not going to the ground... and if it does I don't think it will be that easy for Maia to submit Silva. We all know that Maia is gonna go for the take down from the very first sec of the fight...its his only chance...If Nate can catch Maia, then what can Anderson Silva do to him?...this could be another Thales Leittes in the works...or another very fast win for the Spider...but miracles can happen... who knows....[/quote']Well if you think Maia is dumb enough to go after Silva yeah your right but Maia is amazing at BJJ he's got his own flavour and its hard to get Andy to fight anyone with skills!

He jumps weight classes to fight who? Irvin gimme a break . He may not win but he won't lie down like Thales or run like Cote

When was the last time Silve was exposed I know its Lutters but if Maia gets that position short night for the Spider!

That I beleive

This is going to be more of a worthless fight then Thales Leites....ridiculous beyond all belief. Its B.S. like this is why Dan Henderson took off....IMO Hendo should of gotten his second chance at the title (But Ed Soares cried like a little ***** and ducked Hendo)' date=' and Vitor /Marquardt for number 1 contender.[/quote']

This fight will NOT go to the ground (see Silva v Leites)' date=' and if Marquardt can knock Maia out as fast as he did I'm thinking Silva won't even have to leave his corner to do so. This fight is a farce, did Dana/Joe Silva learn nothing from the Leites fight?[/quote']

Silva v Leites went to the ground, only problem was Leites forgot to bring Anderson with him...

Even if it goes to the ground there is the small matter of actually subbing Silva before he gets back up cuts Maia's stand up game to ribbons.
Why is Andy so reveered he used to want to fight talented fighters and put on a show, He's a wolf in sheeps clothing if your gonna jump around go elsewhere MW division lick but he choses to hide there at 6'2" 220 lbs why not stay at LHW where the competition is, scared of the GUN and his bum chum Macheeza

No doubt Maia has the best submission offense in the game. But the fight starts standing so he has got to avoid trying to outstrike Anderson. If Maia cannot take Silva down ( and for the record I don't think he will be able to, ) then Silva is going to tee off on Maia. I expect a first round KO by Spider. Nothing less.

If Maia plays it really safe he might make it out of the first round. But as soon as Spider puts combinations together, Maia is gonna be scraped off the mat by a hazmat team. He might have to retire after he eats one of Spidey's knees to the mouth. I'd sure hate to be Demian's dentist cause he is gonna be in for some long weekends....

Why is Andy so reveered he used to want to fight talented fighters and put on a show' date=' He's a wolf in sheeps clothing if your gonna jump around go elsewhere MW division lick but he choses to hide there at 6'2" 220 lbs why not stay at LHW where the competition is, scared of the GUN and his bum chum Macheeza[/quote']

*chuckle*

Why are you this upset about Silva being able to beat Fedor?

Cheers

-DR

everybody overlooks maias wrestling, if he can improve his boxing by the amount he did for his last fight it wont be such a lamb to the slaughter fight as everybodys thinking

silva will fight maia, sonnen and then either move up or fight belfort and move up, if he moves up before fighting belfort it will be belfort vs nate for the title

No doubt Maia has the best submission offense in the game. But the fight starts standing so he has got to avoid trying to outstrike Anderson. If Maia cannot take Silva down ( and for the record I don't think he will be able to' date=' ) then Silva is going to tee off on Maia. I expect a first round KO by Spider. Nothing less.

If Maia plays it really safe he might make it out of the first round. But as soon as Spider puts combinations together, Maia is gonna be scraped off the mat by a hazmat team. He might have to retire after he eats one of Spidey's knees to the mouth. I'd sure hate to be Demian's dentist cause he is gonna be in for some long weekends....[/quote']

Thats true...I guess we all agree that Maias BJJ is one of the best out there...but Silvas striking and take down defense is just gonna be too much for Maia, plus Silva is bigger taller and faster than Maia which makes it kindda difficult for Maia to put his hands on him....do you guys really think that Silva will let Maia come any closer than striking range? Anderson respects Maias ground game so therefore he won't make any silly mistakes or let Maia anywhere near him where he can take Silva down...

Although the Leites fight was pretty awful it is still the only MMA fight I have watched that made me laugh out loud - when Silva got so bored he started punching Leites' legs...

I don't think Maia will lay on his back though after the abuse (and the insta-cut) Leites got - he'll stand and try to take Silva down - and I can't see that working.

Bizarrely - although I'm a huge fan of Demian and think Sonnen is a ****** - I agree that Sonnen would have a better shot at Silva than either of Nate or Demian.

I've said this many times. Fights like this are why everyone THINKS Silva is a god. This is another example of a fight that Silva, save for showing up drunk, on acid, meth, etc., should absolutely crush his opponent in. YYYYYYAAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNN

I hope after the win Silva does the M.C. Hammer dance across the octagon to show the UFC how rediculous it is for them to throw these kind of opponents at him. Damien is a good average fighter but how many times must we see an average opponent loose to Silva?

I've said this many times. Fights like this are why everyone THINKS Silva is a god. This is another example of a fight that Silva' date=' save for showing up drunk, on acid, meth, etc., should absolutely crush his opponent in. YYYYYYAAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNN

I hope after the win Silva does the M.C. Hammer dance across the octagon to show the UFC how rediculous it is for them to throw these kind of opponents at him. Damien is a good average fighter but how many times must we see an average opponent loose to Silva?[/quote']

Well he does hide in the MW's

You think of Nate as his last opponent and are dissapointed' date='but the Spider should be ready!

[/b']

no s in Lutter

and Vitor is the phenom, anderson can't be a spider and a phenom at the same time that's just madness!

Archived