When GSP leaves 170...

Atticus77

BJ Penn will be the next dominate WW champion. There are no current WW contenders that could beat him. Alves? Fitch? Kos? Hughes? Thiago? Hardy?... all cans. The only guy that could truly beat BJ down is Rumble, and everyone knows that he wont be hanging around 170 much longer.

Alves is probably the most overrated contender currently in the UFC. Everyone says hes a beast whos dominating everyone... whos he dominated?? Over the Hill Matt Hughes? Please.. the next time we see hughes' old **** in the octagon he will probably look like this

file.php?40,file=9579,filename=Crypt.Keeper.jpg

Fitch can barely scratch out victories in the UFC. He beat Sanchez by SD for christs sake, we all know what BJ did to Sanchez, I bet Fitch will retire when BJ moves up to WW.

Kos will get picked apart standing and subbed quickly if he trys to take it to the ground. Not to mention he fights out of AKA where they don't prepare their fighters well enough for the competition, they probably won't even tell him BJ is a bjj black belt. Plus everyone knocks BJ for only fighting TUF cans, so I guess he will know just what to do when he fights Kos.

Hughes already got beat by BJ in his prime, and got a lucky with the second fight. If BJ and Hughes meet up again I hope Hughes has his family dress for his funeral because it will probably be the first death ever to take place in UFC history.

Thiago is probably the only true contender in WW division, but hes to slow to catch BJ standing and would get choked unconcious if he took it to the ground. Thiago has sloppy stand up and BJ would pick him apart with the jab and finish him alla Sherk.

Hardy is one dimensional, only in the WW division would 3 decisions (2 of which are SD) and a KO of poor Rory Markham earn you a championship fight. The only chance Hardy would have of beating BJ is if he magically grew 2 extra arms and greased like GSP.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I have ever seen one thread bash so many fighters.

I don't get this can talk. If your fighting at the level of strikeforce of the UFC then your a damn good fighter. BJ, GSP and Silva make their opponents look like cans because of they are just that good. It's also harder to finish guys at this level so it's a testament to the guys who can finish.

bj penn will be the next dominate ww champion. There are no current ww contenders that could beat him. Alves? Fitch? Kos? Hughes? Thiago? Hardy?... All cans. The only guy that could truly beat bj down is rumble' date=' and everyone knows that he wont be hanging around 170 much longer.

Alves is probably the most overrated contender currently in the ufc. Everyone says hes a beast whos dominating everyone... Whos he dominated?? Over the hill matt hughes? Please.. The next time we see hughes' old **** in the octagon he will probably look like this

[img']http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=9579,filename=crypt.keeper.jpg[/img]

fitch can barely scratch out victories in the ufc. He beat sanchez by sd for christs sake, we all know what bj did to sanchez, i bet fitch will retire when bj moves up to ww.

Kos will get picked apart standing and subbed quickly if he trys to take it to the ground. Not to mention he fights out of aka where they don't prepare their fighters well enough for the competition, they probably won't even tell him bj is a bjj black belt. Plus everyone knocks bj for only fighting tuf cans, so i guess he will know just what to do when he fights kos.

Hughes already got beat by bj in his prime, and got a lucky with the second fight. If bj and hughes meet up again i hope hughes has his family dress for his funeral because it will probably be the first death ever to take place in ufc history.

Thiago is probably the only true contender in ww division, but hes to slow to catch bj standing and would get choked unconcious if he took it to the ground. Thiago has sloppy stand up and bj would pick him apart with the jab and finish him alla sherk.

Hardy is one dimensional, only in the ww division would 3 decisions (2 of which are sd) and a ko of poor rory markham earn you a championship fight. The only chance hardy would have of beating bj is if he magically grew 2 extra arms and greased like gsp.

not this

I think Paulo Thiago and Paul Daley would both give BJ all he could handle and Kos and Fitch both would have a shot at controlling BJ like GSP did. Not win maybe but give him good fights.

It would all depend on how BJ went to 170. If he took the time and built up muscle so he was cutting to 170 from say 180-185, I agree he could be very dominant. If he does it like he did in the past coming into a fight as a LW who just didn't cut weight for 170 then I think he will have problems.

I think Paulo Thiago and Paul Daley would both give BJ all he could handle and Kos and Fitch both would have a shot at controlling BJ like GSP did. Not win maybe but give him good fights.

It would all depend on how BJ went to 170. If he took the time and built up muscle so he was cutting to 170 from say 180-185' date=' I agree he could be very dominant. If he does it like he did in the past coming into a fight as a LW who just didn't cut weight for 170 then I think he will have problems[/b'].

Of course, this would only stand true if BJ moved to WW the proper way, not just by putting on extra flab. I'm assuming that BJ has learned his lesson from GSP v BJ II and wont move up and down divisions by eating extra cheeseburgers, but by proper weight training.

I'm not "bashing" anyone' date=' the facts speak for themselves. [b']Alves is overrated, Fitch can't finish fights[/b], Hughes is old, and Hardy is one- dimensional.. if thats fighter bashing then show me how I'm wrong and i'll be the first to admitt im guilty as charged.

How is that fact?

Alves overrated? Sounds more like an opinion to me.

Fitch has 4 (T)KO's and 5 Subs. So, apparently he can finish fights.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

How is that fact?

Alves overrated? Sounds more like an opinion to me.

Fitch has 4 (T)KO's and 5 Subs. So' date=' apparently he [i']can[/i] finish fights.

Whos Alves dominated? He's beaten a couple of guys who have done nothing spectacular in their careers, dominated old Hughes and won a decision against Kos. He also got TKO'd against Fitch, who I've mentioned hasnt finished a fight since '07

Who's Fitch finished that is a top echelon guy at WW? Burkman? Fioravanti? didn't think so.. name me someone and I'll admitt defeat... other then Alves of course lol

Whos Alves dominated? He's beaten a couple of guys who have done nothing spectacular in their careers' date=' dominated old Hughes and won a decision against Kos. He also got TKO'd against Fitch, who I've mentioned hasnt finished a fight since '07

Who's Fitch finished that is a top echelon guy at WW? Burkman? Fioravanti? didn't think so.. name me someone and I'll admitt defeat... other then Alves of course lol[/quote']

wow.

this is still not facts that Alves is overrated or that Fitch can't finish fights.

Whos Alves dominated? He's beaten a couple of guys who have done nothing spectacular in their careers' date=' dominated old Hughes and won a decision against Kos. He also got TKO'd against Fitch, who I've mentioned hasnt finished a fight since '07

Who's Fitch finished that is a top echelon guy at WW? Burkman? Fioravanti? didn't think so.. name me someone and I'll admitt defeat... other then Alves of course lol[/quote']

Just because you go to a decision doesnt mean you didnt dominate your opponent.

The main opinion of the OP is that BJ will be WW champ if GSP goes up. And he will' date=' if he decides that is what he wants to do. There will be some good fights but modern day BJ is way better than he was, and he was pretty damn good then.[/quote']

The WW division isn't what it was before either it's much better and tougher.

Just because GSP (if he does) decide to go up doesn't mean BJ would wreck anyone.

BJ should stay at 155, that's the only division he has success in.

Tell me what BJ's record is in WW fights please.

Oh and tell me who the last top WW he fought was besides Hughes and GSP.

BJ is 2-3 at WW..

He hasn't fought any other top WWs other then GSP and Hughes, who happen to be the most prolific WWs ever to fight MMA. None of the top contenders I've mentioned are anywhere close to being on the level of GSP and a prime Hughes so I'm not sure I get where your going with this... I'm not saying BJ is going to be better then GSP or the Hughes of old, but I'm saying there isnt anyone in the WW division after GSP leaves that will stop him from being the next dominant champ

BJ is 2-3 at WW..

He hasn't fought any other top WWs other then GSP and Hughes' date=' who happen to be the most prolific WWs ever to fight MMA. None of the top contenders I've mentioned are anywhere close to being on the level of GSP and a prime Hughes so I'm not sure I get where your going with this... I'm not saying BJ is going to be better then GSP or the Hughes of old, but I'm saying there isnt anyone in the WW division after GSP leaves that will stop him from being the next dominant champ[/quote']

Where am I going with this simple.

When Hughes was champ his biggest threat was Trigg.

Do I think BJ woul;d beat some of the WW's? sure.

Do I think BJ would ever be champ at WW? Nope.

If Hughes was 5 years younger he still wouldn't be champ because the competition is so much better today than when he reigned over WW.

Just because GSP (if he does) decide to go up doesn't mean BJ would wreck anyone.

BJ should stay at 155' date=' that's the only division he has success in[/b'].

Name a guy who held the belt in any division in any combat sport ever in the history of the world that you wouldnt label as "successful"?

I'm not "bashing" anyone' date=' the facts speak for themselves. Alves is overrated, Fitch can't finish fights, Hughes is old, and Hardy is one- dimensional.. if thats fighter bashing then show me how I'm wrong and i'll be the first to admitt im guilty as charged.[/quote']

You are dumb, you have hardy is one of your favourite fighters, yet you call him a can. You do know a can is someone who has lost more fights then they have won right?

You are an idiot.

Where am I going with this simple.

When Hughes was champ his biggest threat was Trigg.

Do I think BJ woul;d beat some of the WW's? sure.

Do I think BJ would ever be champ at WW? Nope.

If Hughes was 5 years younger he still wouldn't be champ because the competition is so much better today than when he reigned over WW.

If GSP wasn't around I'd sig bet you on that

BJ should stay at 155' date=' that's the only division he has success in.[/quote']

He has no comp at 155, he will be pressured to up and like I say he is a lot better than he was at his last WW outing. He was still a naturally gifted fighter but without application and assuming he stays dedicated he will get the WW title. BJ was born to fight, his flexibility, the way he reads the game and his ascendency to BJJ black belt in 3 years and winning the world championships a couple of weeks later tell you he is a bit special. Wait and see, if he goes up, he will conquer.

You are dumb' date=' you have hardy is one of your favourite fighters, yet you call him a can. You do know a can is someone who has lost more fights then they have won right?

You are an idiot.[/quote']

People label everyone in the LW divison as a "can" these days.. so if you want to call people names, which is against the rules, then you better clear your schedule because you will be doing alot of it

He has no comp at 155' date=' he will be pressured to up and like I say he is a lot better than he was at his last WW outing. He was still a naturally gifted fighter but without application and assuming he stays dedicated he will get the WW title. BJ was born to fight, his flexibility, the way he reads the game and his ascendency to BJJ black belt in 3 years and winning the world championships a couple of weeks later tell you he is a bit special. Wait and see, if he goes up, he will conquer.[/quote']

Putting on an extra 15 lbs to fight high-level competition, no he will not.

Yes' date=' because to win a title and be considered the best I'm assuming they were successful.. call me crazy but I think thats the general idea of everyone who breaths air besides yourself.[/quote']

No, to be successfull you need to WIN the belt and DEFEND the belt.

BJ should stay at 155' date=' that's the only division he has success in.[/quote']

Huh? He was WW champ, Some would deem that as "success" lol

I think BJ would do well at WW provided he put on the weight properly and GSP moved up although i would like to see GSP vs BJ Penn III.

I think the guy that would give BJ the most trouble out of all the current contenders would have to be Fitch, BJ's boxing is too crisp for the likes of Thiago, Daley and Hardy, He would pick them apart similar to what he did to Sherk.

And on the ground? Well i think we all know what would happen there.

Huh? He was WW champ' date=' Some would deem that as "success" lol

I think BJ would do well at WW provided he put on the weight properly and GSP moved up although i would like to see GSP vs BJ Penn III.

I think the guy that would give BJ the most trouble out of all the current contenders would have to be Fitch, BJ's boxing is too crisp for the likes of Thiago, Daley and Hardy, He would pick them apart similar to what he did to Sherk.

And on the ground? Well i think we all know what would happen there.[/quote']

He beat Hughes. Enough said.

BJ Penn will be the next dominate WW champion. There are no current WW contenders that could beat him. Alves? Fitch? Kos? Hughes? Thiago? Hardy?... all cans. The only guy that could truly beat BJ down is Rumble' date=' and everyone knows that he wont be hanging around 170 much longer.

Alves is probably the most overrated contender currently in the UFC. Everyone says hes a beast whos dominating everyone... whos he dominated?? Over the Hill Matt Hughes? Please.. the next time we see hughes' old **** in the octagon he will probably look like this

[img']http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=9579,filename=Crypt.Keeper.jpg[/img]

Fitch can barely scratch out victories in the UFC. He beat Sanchez by SD for christs sake, we all know what BJ did to Sanchez, I bet Fitch will retire when BJ moves up to WW.

Kos will get picked apart standing and subbed quickly if he trys to take it to the ground. Not to mention he fights out of AKA where they don't prepare their fighters well enough for the competition, they probably won't even tell him BJ is a bjj black belt. Plus everyone knocks BJ for only fighting TUF cans, so I guess he will know just what to do when he fights Kos.

Hughes already got beat by BJ in his prime, and got a lucky with the second fight. If BJ and Hughes meet up again I hope Hughes has his family dress for his funeral because it will probably be the first death ever to take place in UFC history.

Thiago is probably the only true contender in WW division, but hes to slow to catch BJ standing and would get choked unconcious if he took it to the ground. Thiago has sloppy stand up and BJ would pick him apart with the jab and finish him alla Sherk.

Hardy is one dimensional, only in the WW division would 3 decisions (2 of which are SD) and a KO of poor Rory Markham earn you a championship fight. The only chance Hardy would have of beating BJ is if he magically grew 2 extra arms and greased like GSP.

Let's be honest...you sound pretty butthurt about BJ losing to GSP.

Putting on an extra 15 lbs to fight high-level competition' date=' no he will not.[/quote']

GSP is doing it, Silva does it and Penn is easily as dominant in his division as those two. And yes, there is decent quality at LW just BJ is too good for the division and is running out of competition, unless anyone wants to see BJ vs KenFlo run into double figures.

GSP is doing it' date=' Silva does it and Penn is easily as dominant in his division as those two. And yes, there is decent quality at LW just BJ is too good for the division and is running out of competition, unless anyone wants to see BJ vs KenFlo run into double figures.[/quote']

GSP is attempting it.

so you mean you don't want to see BJ/Kenflo 4-5-6-7-8

like lesnar/mir *gasp*

I'd rather see Penn at 170 then fighting gimme's at 155.

Cheers

-DR

This is mma anything can happen.

That being said I'd love the UFC to go out and get some competition for it's champions...besides Lesnar because imo he's not a true champion.

Hardy is one dimensional' date=' only in the WW division would 3 decisions (2 of which are SD) and a KO of poor Rory Markham earn you a championship fight. The only chance Hardy would have of beating BJ is if he magically grew 2 extra arms and greased like GSP.[/quote']

he's british, dana's hopin for the major upset so he makes maddd money holding the next ww title defense in england. kos shoulda got the shot outta anyone he finished trigg (so what) but also finished johnson which is good and got unlucky with the paulo fight, (in a rematch it might be more even) but kos woulda ended up finishing him. it shoulda been kos vs hardy for #1 contender

plus fitch had to get 8 straight wins (which i think he looked better before the gsp fight) and alves 7, its bull

You mean one of the most dominant WW champions of all time? Thought so.

You mean back when there was no competition in the WW division besides Trigg?

Ya I thought so too.

Only person Hughes can beat now is Serra and even that was a close one.

No' date=' to be successfull you need to WIN the belt and DEFEND the belt.[/quote']

Ok, your wrong, but seeing as how you seem set in your ways I'll play ball...

So your saying that

-Matt Serra: 10-6 (2 via KO, 4 via SUB), and a victory over GSP who has only lost twice

-Forrest Griffin: 17-6 (3 via KO, 7 via SUB), with victories over Ortiz, Rampage and Shogun, and won TUF season 1

-Rashad Evans: 16-1-1 (5 via KO, 2 via SUB), victories over T. Silva, Griffin, Liddell, and Bisping, and winner of TUF season 2

Are all unsuccessful fighters??

Let's be honest...you sound pretty butthurt about BJ losing to GSP.

Hahaha not at all, GSP is the greatest WW of all time and pounded BJ. I'm sure if they fought again it would go roughly the same way, maybe not as dominant but BJ would get beat I'm sure. Thats why this is about AFTER GSP leaves.. didn't you read that part?

Ok' date=' your wrong, but seeing as how you seem set in your ways I'll play ball...

So your saying that

-Matt Serra: 10-6 (2 via KO, 4 via SUB), and a victory over GSP who has only lost twice

-Forrest Griffin: 17-6 (3 via KO, 7 via SUB), with victories over Ortiz, Rampage and Shogun, and won TUF season 1

-Rashad Evans: 16-1-1 (5 via KO, 2 via SUB), victories over T. Silva, Griffin, Liddell, and Bisping

Are all unsuccessful fighters??[/quote']

Are they champions?

IMO anyone that a) gets to the UFC B) sticks with the UFC for an extended period and C) has a winning record in the UFc is a successful fighter by any measuring stick,

That said, in my book a true champion defends his belt at least once. For instance Matt Serra. A fluke win and he gets the belt. In reality he is not even a top 5 WW. Successful fighter yes, Champion..no.

Are they champions?

Dude do you not read anything except one line and then incorrectly state an arguement?

In my opinion I think Bj would dominate all WW except GSP . From what ive noticed MOST the top WW contenders rely on their ground game to win whats one of BJ's best attibutes as a fighter? He almost never gets taken down, except by GSP with one of the highest percentage takdowns/best takedowns in MMA. I also think BJs striking is dramatically better than anyone in the WW division.

You mean back when there was no competition in the WW division besides Trigg?

Ya I thought so too.

Only person Hughes can beat now is Serra and even that was a close one.

9 time WW champion, Yeah musta been cans the entire time.... How the hell did it get to me defending a turd like Hughes? lol

Lesnar beat Randy for belt then smashed Mir to retain it, Sounds like a real champion to me.

Dude do you not read anything except one line and then incorrectly state an arguement?

In my opinion I think Bj would dominate all WW except GSP . From what ive noticed MOST the top WW contenders rely on their ground game to win whats one of BJ's best attibutes as a fighter? He almost never gets taken down' date=' except by GSP with one of the highest percentage takdowns/best takedowns in MMA. I also think BJs striking is dramatically better than anyone in the WW division.[/quote']

You are allowed to your opinion and I am allowed mine.

I thik BJ would beat some WW's but not any of the top ranked.

Archived