What if Demian Maia...

Megasoup

Anything can happen in a fight. You cannot predict what a fighter will try, much less the outcome.

What if Demian Maia cautiously, but quickly rushed Anderson Silva, grabbed him and DRAGGED him down? No effort wasted in a traditional takedown that would be stuffed, just pulling guard or otherwise bringing it to the floor at all costs. I've seen him do it before, though I forgot which fight.

Anyway, would this work in getting the fight to the floor and will he be able to use it to his advantage even if it means he ends up in a less than dominant position? Should he try this at all?

Maia needs to use any and all means necessary to get this fight to the floor. If it's letting Silva pick him up and drop him on his head, that's fine. Maia has zero chance of winning this fight while standing. Hell, he probably only has about a 1/10 chance of winning it if he gets it to the ground.

Anything can happen in a fight. You cannot predict what a fighter will try' date=' much less the outcome.

What if Demian Maia cautiously, but quickly rushed Anderson Silva, grabbed him and DRAGGED him down? No effort wasted in a traditional takedown that would be stuffed, just pulling guard or otherwise bringing it to the floor at all costs. I've seen him do it before, though I forgot which fight.

Anyway, would this work in getting the fight to the floor and will he be able to use it to his advantage even if it means he ends up in a less than dominant position? Should he try this at all?[/quote']

I'm sure that's the tactic he's going to have to try but it's very hard to get a takedown when you pose no standup threat. He really doesn't have the standup he needs to set up the takedown against someone like Silva. It's also difficult to tie someone up when you are taking knees to the chin. Also Silva is no slouch on the ground.

Anything can happen in a fight. You cannot predict what a fighter will try' date=' much less the outcome.

Anyway, would this work in getting the fight to the floor and will he be able to use it to his advantage even if it means he ends up in a less than dominant position? Should he try this at all?[/quote']

As a Brazilian and having Maia from my hometown of course im going for Maia but not only for that but because i think it will make Silva not retire soon .. however i think if this fight don go to the ground Silva will just destroy him

Anyways .. i agree Maia will try it .. IF HE GETS SILVA TO THE GROUND HE WILL WIN .. WATCH !!!!

To beat Anderson or Machida = Shogun

I don't see how Maia can come off with this fight. His stand up is not up to par as we saw with Marquardt' date=' and Silva has a solid ground game. Good enough to atleast get back to his feet.[/quote']

You can't really judge his stand up from this match as only 1 punch was thrown...but he doesn't stand a chance standing up with someone like Silva. Not many people do stand a chance standing with Silva tho. If it does go to the ground tho Maia will win. His BJJ is INSANE.

Archived