To those unacquainted with Fedor:

Megasoup

Alright, I'll admit, I'm unacquainted with Fedor. I've seen highlight reels (which takes things out of context) and I saw the Lindland fight. In the Lindland fight, the much smaller fighter was going for the takedown and Fedor grabbed the ropes with such vigor and for so long that I really think he should have been disqualified or at least penalized in some way. It did not look good for Fedor.

Regardless of the calibre of his competition or a bad fight I saw, Undefeated is pretty convincing.

Could someone who's knowledgeable explain why he's heralded as the greatest? I would prefer a more technical analysis. Something other than "Well he KTFO'd Arlovski" and more like "he's excellent at parrying shots with one hand and countering with the other, but his knockouts usually are a result of feinting to circle out then rock-stepping into a hook to the body followed by a straight right."

I'm being serious and I want to be fair. No insults or profanity.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright' date=' I'll admit, I'm unacquainted with Fedor. I've seen highlight reels (which takes things out of context) and I saw the Lindland fight. [b'] In the Lindland fight, the much smaller fighter was going for the takedown and Fedor grabbed the ropes with such vigor and for so long that I really think he should have been disqualified or at least penalized in some way.[/b] It did not look good for Fedor.

Regardless of the calibre of his competition or a bad fight I saw, Undefeated is pretty convincing.

Could someone who's knowledgeable explain why he's heralded as the greatest? I would prefer a more technical analysis. Something other than "Well he KTFO'd Arlovski" and more like "he's excellent at parrying shots with one hand and countering with the other, but his knockouts usually are a result of feinting to circle out then rock-stepping into a hook to the body followed by a straight right."

I'm being serious and I want to be fair. No insults or profanity.

You mean kinda like Brock grabbed the cage when Randy almost slammed him?

He's rated as the greatest because he's never legitamitely lost a fight. He's beaten 5 UFC champions, 6 MMA champions, he's never been submitted, he's never been knocked out, he's never lost a decision. He's beaten some of the best of all time and even when you think he's about to lose (ie Randleman or Fujita fights) he finds a way to win every-time. His mind is stronger than any other fighter, he never shows fear or pain and he has one of the biggest hearts in MMA. He constantly fights bigger guys. He could easily make 205lbs but doesn't. He's a 5 time MMA champion, a 7 time World Combat Sambo champion, and 4 time National COmbat Sambo champion. imo he's not just the best MMA fighter, but the best fighter, period. In any sport.

And on top of all that he is the classiest and humblest guy in the world.

Alright' date=' I'll admit, I'm unacquainted with Fedor. I've seen highlight reels (which takes things out of context) and I saw the Lindland fight. In the Lindland fight, the much smaller fighter was going for the takedown and Fedor grabbed the ropes with such vigor and for so long that I really think he should have been disqualified or at least penalized in some way. It did not look good for Fedor.

I'm being serious and I want to be fair. No insults or profanity.[/quote']

I would like to beg pardon from other members here for the repetition ... but

... lets begin your fedorization-education w/ two videos :

emelianenko vs randleman & emelianenko vs fujita ... youtube

get back to me after viewing ... :)

Long story short.

Fedor is a good fighter. He's decent at every aspect...though he's better on the ground than with his hands.

That said...it comes down to pretty numbers.

That's pretty much it...people get so taken by the title "undefeated" and ... the reality is...Fedor is one of the best HW's in the world. But he hasn't proven that he is the best in this current era of the sport.

Cheers

-DR

He is masterclass in every aspect of MMA. He has little, almost no weaknesses in his game.

His timing is almost perfect, which is why he is able to ktfo great boxers, simply because he times it incredibly well.

He is a small HW, but an incredibly strong and powerful one, not to mention he moves like a middleweight. He usually has speed over his opponent, and has the ability to knock anyone one.

His ground game is second to non, literally. His submissions are deadly and performs them very fast and effectively.

But most importantly, he is an incredibly smart fighter. He doesnt panick, under any situation and always finds a way to win.

He is masterclass in every aspect of MMA. He has little' date=' almost no weaknesses in his game.

His timing is almost perfect, which is why he is able to ktfo great boxers, simply because he times it incredibly well.

He is a small HW, but an incredibly strong and powerful one, not to mention he moves like a middleweight. He usually has speed over his opponent, and has the ability to knock anyone one.

His ground game is second to non, literally. His submissions are deadly and performs them very fast and effectively.

But most importantly, he is an incredibly smart fighter. He doesnt panick, under any situation and always finds a way to win.[/quote']

This is an example of a decent reply, although some of the descriptions are a little generic. Could anyone else elaborate?

This is an example of a decent reply. Can anyone else add or elaborate with perhaps (no offense intended) just a little bit more technical explanation of the areas he excels in?

His submission game.The dude can strap an arm bar on out of nowhere.

His hands aren't the prettiest but if they lands, it's a wrap.

But you're missing the point. It's not just about his technical abilities. 90% of what makes Fedor great is his mind. The dude never panics and never loses focus. The guy got slammed on his neck and rolled Kevin over ande submitted him 30 seconds later. THAT's why he's the best. He's not Anderson Silva where he's going to get the job done with a pretty bow on it, he's just going to get the job done. He doesn't care how good it looks on the highlight reel.

His mind outclasses any technical skills.

His ground game is second to non' date=' literally. His submissions are deadly and performs them very fast and effectively.

But most importantly, he is an incredibly smart fighter. He doesnt panick, under any situation and always finds a way to win.[/quote']

#1 .. fedor has never uttered an ill-word about opponents or media

#2 .. he is a greased-ferret on the ground w/ unlimited options & extremely fast

#3 .. fights at his walking around weight = discipline

Long story short.

Fedor is a good fighter. He's decent at every aspect...though he's better on the ground than with his hands.

That's pretty much it...people get so taken by the title "undefeated" and ... the reality is...Fedor is one of the best HW's in the world. But he hasn't proven that he is the best in this current era of the sport.

Cheers

-DR

No. It doesn't. It comes down to skill.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

No. It doesn't. It comes down to skill.

For me it comes down to neither. Like I said, for me it's about his mind. Yes, his skill is on another level, too, but it's his mind that does it for me.

The most incredible thing I've ever seen is Fedor getting suplexed on his head by Randleman and submitting him 30 seconds later.

For me it comes down to neither. Like I said' date=' for me it's about his mind. Yes, his skill is on another level, too, but it's his mind that does it for me.

The most incredible thing I've ever seen is Fedor getting suplexed on his head by Randleman and submitting him 30 seconds later.[/quote']

Well, by what I meant by skill I would also include his mindset.

I don't look at Fedor's record to determine if he's the best fighter, I look at his fights.

For me it comes down to neither. Like I said' date=' for me it's about his mind. Yes, his skill is on another level, too, but it's his mind that does it for me.

The most incredible thing I've ever seen is Fedor getting suplexed on his head by Randleman and submitting him 30 seconds later.[/quote']

I agree that he has a mindset like no one else, but his skills to me are top tier, but in no way on a level of there own.

I agree. Fedor is good. But he's not the "best" at anything. The fact that he's fighting in the least technical division of the sport...while he himself is a good technician has paid dividends. But TODAY...in this era of the sport...I don't think he could hang with the best at HW. Or LHW...or Anderson Silva. He'd be competitive but not the top dog.

Cheers

-DR

Well' date=' by what I meant by skill I would also include his mindset.

I don't look at Fedor's record to determine if he's the best fighter, I look at his fights.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.[/quote']

Event Opponent Result Method (Details) Rnd Time

11-07-2009 Brett Rogers Win TKO (Punches) 2 1:48

01-24-2009 Andrei Arlovski Win KO (Punch) 1 3:14

07-19-2008 Tim Sylvia Win Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 1 0:36

12-31-2007 Hong Man Choi Win Submission (Armbar) 1 1:54

04-14-2007 Matt Lindland Win Submission (Armbar) 1 2:58

12-31-2006 Mark Hunt Win Submission (Kimura) 1 8:16

10-21-2006 Mark Coleman Win Submission (Armbar) 2 1:15

12-31-2005 Wagner da Conceicao Martins Win Submission (Punches) 1 0:26

08-28-2005 Mirko Filipovic Win Decision (Unaminous) 3 5:00

04-03-2005 Tsuyoshi Kosaka Win TKO (Doctor Stoppage) 1 10:00

12-31-2004 Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Win Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00

08-15-2004 Naoya Ogawa Win Submission (Armbar) 1 0:54

08-15-2004 Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira N/C NoContest 1 3:52

06-20-2004 Kevin Randleman Win Submission (Kimura) 1 1:33

04-25-2004 Mark Coleman Win Submission (Armbar) 1 2:11

12-31-2003 Yuji Nagata Win TKO (Punches) 1 1:02

08-10-2003 Gary Goodridge Win TKO (Soccer Kicks and Punches) 1 1:09

06-08-2003 Kazuyuki Fujita Win Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 1 4:17

04-05-2003 Egidijus Valavicius Win Submission (Kimura) 2 1:13

03-16-2003 Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Win Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00

11-24-2002 Heath Herring Win TKO (Doctor Stoppage) 1 10:00

06-23-2002 Semmy Schilt Win Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00

02-15-2002 Chris Haseman Win TKO (Punches) 1 2:50

12-21-2001 Lee Hasdell Win Submission (Guillotine Choke) 1 4:10

10-20-2001 Ryushi Yanagisawa Win Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00

08-11-2001 Renato Sobral Win Decision (Unanimous) 2 5:00

04-20-2001 Kerry Schall Win Submission (Armbar) 1 1:47

04-06-2001 Mihail Apostolov Win Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 1 1:03

12-22-2000 Ricardo Arona Win Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00

12-22-2000 Tsuyoshi Kosaka Lose TKO (Doctor Stoppage) 1 0:17

09-05-2000 Hiroya Takada Win KO (Punches) 1 0:12

08-16-2000 Levon Lagvilava Win Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 1 7:24

05-21-2000 Martin Lazarov Win Submission (Guillotine Choke) 1 2:24

No matter what anyone says, he has beaten everyone in front of him. He has been in trouble in countless fights, he has been hit, taken down, SLAMMED and even kicked in the head. THE MAN HAS COME OUT ON TOP EVERY TIME.

He was "beaten" in a Japanese show along time ago but it was a head butt cut and he was fighting a japanese fighter. We all know how that goes.

The New Generation of fighters is Brock. BROCK LESNAR IS THE ONLY PERSON HE HASNT FACED. AND BROCK HASNT FOUGHT SOMEONE AS POWERFUL AND TECHNICAL ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

MIR IS A BJJ BLACK BELT BUT HE IS ONLY SUB PAR AT MMA. THE HW DIVISION IS SO LACKING YOU CANT SEE IT.

NOG IS THE FUTURE AT HW IN THE UFC AND THE NEW GENERATION DOESNT EVEN KNOW IT.

TIL FEDOR GETS THERE I PICK NOG AGAINST WHOEVER BY WHATEVER BARRING ANOTHER TRIP TO THE ER BEFORE A FIGHT.

FEDOR HAS HIS RECORD FOR A REASON. BROCK HAS HIS RECORD FOR THE SAME REASON.

I agree he is for strong mentally and has great skill. He is diligent in figuring out his opponents but at the same time I agree with Dark Reflection that his numbers are what people go crazy about just like every other fighter when their record gets amazing. It is hard to be undefeated after many fights and despite what all of you think Fedor is NOT undefeated. He lost and has a loss on his record. It does not matter how the decision took place the fact is he is NOT undefeated and that is a fact not an opinion. I respect Fedor and his skills but as DR stated I also do not think he has proven himself in this era of MMA and that would be an opinion.

Fedor is a wonderful fighter. He moves quickly. He has a powerful mind, great sambo, wonderful submission skills, and he can bang with the best of them.

He comes into a fight with a great gameplan, but what makes him special is that he doesn't really need one. He is so well balanced that even if something goes wrong in his plan, or he gets taken to a position in which he didn't expect, he won't be in any trouble at all. He will continuously stay collectively calm, and figure out how to secure his victory. He has good footwork, great hand/head movement. Amazing submissions. He transitions really well on the ground. He's got awesome counters, and tranition reverses. He can be put in a bad spot and get out of it within seconds. He's been knocked down, and was able to regain momentum to win. He's been slammed, GnPd, bloodied, but never beaten.

also, the majority of members here are completely discounting werdums chances vs fedor (I have even seen the word can used) ... please study vai-cavalos record closely .

... he is being judged on the cigano-uppercut .. werdum is a huge bjj-monster & has gone the distance w/ rodrigo ... fedor will be tested & fedor knows it !

... you should see a ground-war, as werdum did not look good standing w/ silva ...

I agree. Fedor is good. But he's not the "best" at anything. The fact that he's fighting in the least technical division of the sport...while he himself is a good technician has paid dividends. But TODAY...in this era of the sport...I don't think he could hang with the best at HW. Or LHW...or Anderson Silva. He'd be competitive but not the top dog.

Cheers

-DR

Gonna have to go against you on this part. What is your definition of an era? In the past 5 years, lets make it 6 so we can add Nog in there, hes beatin Nog X2, Coleman, Lindland, Sylvia, Arlovski, and Rogers. There are about 5 other lesser known fighters that I left out.

There may be a bit of, "the UFC is the best and has the best fighters and everyone else sucks" going on here. Who could he not hang with in the UFC HW division? He would have tough fights with Lesnar, Mir, and Nog(again). Everyone else I see him beating. Who could he not hang with in the LHW? He would probably beat everyone. How can he not hang with A. Silva? Fedor would destroy Silva.

The better question is,

Who from the UFC can hang with Fedor?

Gonna have to go against you on this part. What is your definition of an era? In the past 5 years' date=' lets make it 6 so we can add Nog in there, hes beatin Nog X2, Coleman, Lindland, Sylvia, Arlovski, and Rogers. There are about 5 other lesser known fighters that I left out.

There may be a bit of, "the UFC is the best and has the best fighters and everyone else sucks" going on here. Who could he not hang with in the UFC HW division? He would have tough fights with Lesnar, Mir, and Nog(again). Everyone else I see him beating. Who could he not hang with in the LHW? He would probably beat everyone. How can he not hang with A. Silva? Fedor would destroy Silva.

The better question is,

Who from the UFC can hang with Fedor?[/quote']

I think you forgot Cigano. I think he has the 2nd best chance.

No matter what anyone says' date=' he has beaten everyone in front of him. He has been in trouble in countless fights, he has been hit, taken down, SLAMMED and even kicked in the head. THE MAN HAS COME OUT ON TOP EVERY TIME.

He was "beaten" in a Japanese show along time ago but it was a head butt cut and he was fighting a japanese fighter. We all know how that goes.

The New Generation of fighters is Brock. BROCK LESNAR IS THE ONLY PERSON HE HASNT FACED. AND BROCK HASNT FOUGHT SOMEONE AS POWERFUL AND TECHNICAL ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

MIR IS A BJJ BLACK BELT BUT HE IS ONLY SUB PAR AT MMA. THE HW DIVISION IS SO LACKING YOU CANT SEE IT.

TIL FEDOR GETS THERE I PICK NOG AGAINST WHOEVER BY WHATEVER BARRING ANOTHER TRIP TO THE ER BEFORE A FIGHT.

FEDOR HAS HIS RECORD FOR A REASON. BROCK HAS HIS RECORD FOR THE SAME REASON.[/quote']

was actually a cut from a elbow

No matter what anyone says' date=' he has beaten everyone in front of him. He has been in trouble in countless fights, he has been hit, taken down, SLAMMED and even kicked in the head. THE MAN HAS COME OUT ON TOP EVERY TIME.

FEDOR HAS HIS RECORD FOR A REASON. BROCK HAS HIS RECORD FOR THE SAME REASON.[/quote']

How can you say he's the Best when 22 of his fights is against cans & guys who can be considered as LHW (Coleman, Randlleman, Hunt, Sobral. Arona & Lindland is almost like MW. The only credible fights can be considered in his record those of against Noguiera, Cro Cop, Herring.

Brock first 5 opponents capable of dismantling Cro Cop, Noguiera, Herring. At the age of 46 Couture submitted Coleman whom Fedor has 2 wins against. Mir TKO Noguiera, stopping Nogueira is a feat never achieved by Fedor or by anyone. Sobral has been KTFO by Chuck, how can Fedor be proud of his win over him. Arlovski is always a glass jaw. Tim Sylvia is always inconsistent. Bret Rogers got jitters during their fight, but I guess the outcome will be different if they'll have a rematch.

No matter what anyone says, he has beaten everyone in front of him. He has been in trouble in countless fights, he has been hit, taken down, SLAMMED and even kicked in the head. THE MAN HAS COME OUT ON TOP EVERY TIME.

FEDOR HAS HIS RECORD FOR A REASON. BROCK HAS HIS RECORD FOR THE SAME REASON.

IF the UFC HW division is lacking then what would be SF's? I would have to say pathetic. to me to be the best pound for pound in mma you have to always be looking for the next great challenge which Fedor certainly does not.Like the greats now,Penn,St. Pierre,Silva they are all searching for the next challenge. But of course Fedor wont even leave StrikeForce for a real challenge to me that is not best ever material. Honestly maybe the real only accomplishments that matter is beatin nogueira,arlovski,and randleman who are really where now? And to get knocked around by opponents and then pull a win out of his **** is really not impressive. Considering how many of his opponents especially who have given him a rough time arent even in the top 5 yet alone the top 10. So to me Fedor is mediocre at best and people need to get off his nuts. Noone can say he's the best until he stops making excuses like "the UFC doesn't treat their fighters like people" come over and start facing top ranked fighters and winning. Then MAYBE just MAYBE people can say he is the best ever. Here's some food for thought..what would happen if bj penn,gsp or silva went to StrikeForce to fight lower fighters would they the best ever?? oh no wait they keep moving up lookin for real challenges thats why they are the BEST EVER. not a coward like Fedor Excuseleinko,

Cheers

-DR

If you think Anderson Silva can take Fedor,you are completely out of your mind.Silva himself has stated that Fedor is too big for him to have a chance.Other than Sambo he may not be the best at any on form fighting.He is though,one of the best,if not excellant at everything.Who do you consider the best at HW? This is only said because he did not want to be a slave to Dana White and the UFC.Like I said in the past.Why can't Dana let M-1 global co-promote on shows that only feature Fedor? Look at Fedor's record over the past 10 years.Name one HW that has a better list of competition they have faced.Trust me you will waste your time and find none.that is why he is the best until proven otherwise.

If you think Anderson Silva can take Fedor' date='you are completely out of your mind.Silva himself has stated that Fedor is too big for him to have a chance.Other than Sambo he may not be the best at any on form fighting.He is though,one of the best,if not excellant at everything.Who do you consider the best at HW? This is only said because he did not want to be a slave to Dana White and the UFC.Like I said in the past.Why can't Dana let M-1 global co-promote on shows that only feature Fedor? Look at Fedor's record over the past 10 years.Name one HW that has a better list of competition they have faced.Trust me you will waste your time and find none.that is why he is the best until proven otherwise.[/quote']

Heres a HW who has faced better competition in more than one division Randy Cotoure and that took a whole 4 seconds to come up with. Fedor can barely handle guys who arent even in the top 5 maybe not even the top 10

Gonna have to go against you on this part. What is your definition of an era? In the past 5 years' date=' lets make it 6 so we can add Nog in there, hes beatin Nog X2, Coleman, Lindland, Sylvia, Arlovski, and Rogers. There are about 5 other lesser known fighters that I left out.

The better question is,

Who from the UFC can hang with Fedor?[/quote']

Well the UFC is the best promotion. And they do have the deepest and most talented roster in the sport. They are the "major leagues" of MMA. That said..there are a few bright spots outside of the UFC. I'm not saying 100% of those outside the UFC suck...more like 90-95% ...

*chuckle*

And even those guys don't all suck...they just have to get more experience and evolve their game before they step up into the "majors"

As for as who could Fedor not "hang with" I supposed I used the wrong expression there...but I tried to clarify it when I said that "I believe he would be competitive...just not the top dog"

And that is what I believe. I think that Dos Santos, Mir, Lesnar would have GREAT odds of beating Fedor. After that..there is Gonzaga and Carwin. Who I'd give a 50/50.

At LHW..Machida, Evans, Jackson, Rua, Thiago Silva would all give Fedor problems and I think could beat him.

And then there is Anderson Silva who I think could beat him as well. I doubt he'd be "destroyed" by Fedor. Far from it in my view. Being favorable to both sides of the issue I would say the most "Fair" thing to say would be that it would be a competitive fight. 50/50...though I personally believe that Silva would have better odds. I think the difference is that I know Silva could possible lose the fight Fedor delusionalists refuse to believe that he can lose.

By "era" I mean that the sport has changed...the talent of the fighters has increased...and the elites of 5 years ago...are either going to be beat..or they have to step up their game...because the elites of today...bury those of yesterday.

Cheers

-DR

Long story short.

Cheers

-DR

Agreed!!!

Well the UFC is the best promotion. And they do have the deepest and most talented roster in the sport. They are the "major leagues" of MMA. That said..there are a few bright spots outside of the UFC. I'm not saying 100% of those outside the UFC suck...more like 90-95% ...

*chuckle*

And even those guys don't all suck...they just have to get more experience and evolve their game before they step up into the "majors"

As for as who could Fedor not "hang with" I supposed I used the wrong expression there...but I tried to clarify it when I said that "I believe he would be competitive...just not the top dog"

And that is what I believe. I think that Dos Santos' date=' Mir, Lesnar would have GREAT odds of beating Fedor. After that..there is Gonzaga and Carwin. Who I'd give a 50/50.

At LHW..Machida, Evans, Jackson, Rua, Thiago Silva would all give Fedor problems and I think could beat him.

And then there is Anderson Silva who I think could beat him as well. I doubt he'd be "destroyed" by Fedor. Far from it in my view. Being favorable to both sides of the issue I would say the most "Fair" thing to say would be that it would be a competitive fight. 50/50...though I personally believe that Silva would have better odds. I think the difference is that I know Silva could possible lose the fight Fedor delusionalists refuse to believe that he can lose.

By "era" I mean that the sport has changed...the talent of the fighters has increased...and the elites of 5 years ago...are either going to be beat..or they have to step up their game...because the elites of today...bury those of yesterday.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

Fair enough.

Oh and by the way, he's just getting use to the cage, expect to see him with the big boys soon. ;)

If you think Anderson Silva can take Fedor' date='you are completely out of your mind.Silva himself has stated that Fedor is too big for him to have a chance.Other than Sambo he may not be the best at any on form fighting.He is though,one of the best,if not excellant at everything.Who do you consider the best at HW? This is only said because he did not want to be a slave to Dana White and the UFC.Like I said in the past.Why can't Dana let M-1 global co-promote on shows that only feature Fedor? Look at Fedor's record over the past 10 years.Name one HW that has a better list of competition they have faced.Trust me you will waste your time and find none.that is why he is the best until proven otherwise.[/quote']

Nope...I think it's far more insane to suggest that it's impossible for Silva to beat Fedor.

Fedor COULD beat Silva. But Silva COULD beat Fedor. I personally would give Silva better odds of success if they fought. But the difference between Fedor delusionalists and rational MMA fans...is that WE know that everyone can lose. Fedor crazies...refuse to accept that fact. And someone of Silva's caliber COULD beat Fedor...if you don't see that...you don't understand this sport. Period.

Let me repeat..

If you don't think someone of Silva's caliber COULD beat Fedor...you DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS SPORT. Period.

That is a fact. And it cannot be disputed. Both guys could possibly win. Who would be favored? I'm willing to debate that point because there are arguments on both sides...but to say that one of (and in my opinion he is the best) the best fighters in the world..couldn't possibly touch Fedor...is ludicrous and cannot..and SHOULD not be taken seriously.

As for skillset wise...Fedor is very likely top 3 at HW. But then the skillets of the HW's are the weakest so it's not that great of an achievement necessarily. But that is changing..the HW's are getting better and better skill wise year over year.

So if the question is...who is the most skilled HW? Maybe Fedor is. But that is a FAR different question that..who would WIN. I don't think Fedor would BEAT all the HW's in the UFC right now.

Mir...hands down..WITHOUT QUESTION...IS MORE SKILLED THAN LESNAR!!! SO IS FEDOR!

That said...Lesnar would almost certainly beat Fedor the majority of the time if they fought 10 bouts.

Say 6-8 times out of 10.

THAT is reality. Not everyone wants to see it...but it is what it is.

EVERY SINGLE LW in the UFC is more skilled than probably 99% of the HW's in the entire sport. But it doesn't mean that they will beat the HW's. FAR from it.

Cheers

-DR

Fair enough.

Oh and by the way' date=' he's just getting use to the cage, expect to see him with the big boys soon. ;)[/quote']

I can completely respect this response right here. You don't have to agree...of course...but there is a rationale to my thought process.

As for cage v ring. It is a different animal and I'm sure Fedor will adapt very well. Can't wait to see more of Fedor's fights in the future. And I hope one day we see him in the UFC.

Cheers sir!

-DR

Heres a HW who has faced better competition in more than one division Randy Cotoure and that took a whole 4 seconds to come up with. Fedor can barely handle guys who arent even in the top 5 maybe not even the top 10

Please go check Coutures fighting record at HW.It is not real impressive.If call him great and say that Fedor is overrated you are being absurd..There are numerous fighters that Randy has lost to that Fedor has beaten.Please check the facts.Anderson Silva and all LHW 'salways have a chance.It would be one in a million,but they do have a chance.Name one fighter that Fedor has lost to that any UFC HW has beaten? Oh,that's right, there is not one.

lol. Fedor is good. No doubt.

But this guy

Is friggin delusional

You have no brain. Lets see..

Mir knocks Nog out without even trying.. basically walks around for a round, sparring, knocks the stupid old man down 3 times and connects cleanly many others with beautiful uppercuts straight through the STUPID OLD MAN's defenses

Mir wins without breaking a sweat, not a scratch on him. Same thing happens to Kongo, only MUCH QUICKER. "The most dangerous striker in the division" gets knocked down with one punch and choked out

Talk to you soon, after Mir vs Carwin. EITHER of those guys will smash Brock. I like Carwin a lot but I think Mir has him.

Mir = TON of technical ability and fighting smarts. Who commentates for WEC ? is it Brock ? Fedor ? no, its Frank Mir. You learn more about MMA just listening to him. Hell, you even learn about how things are judged such as his comments about strikes to the head being much more than leg kicks

For those who don't get that, its because you have HANDS TO BLOCK WITH. You can't block leg kicks, you can only check them or avoid. Getting punched in the head is because you suck.

Nog sucks. Mir could beat him one handed.

How can you say he's the Best when 22 of his fights is against cans & guys who can be considered as LHW (Coleman' date=' Randlleman, Hunt, Sobral. Arona & Lindland is almost like MW. The only credible fights can be considered in his record those of against Noguiera, Cro Cop, Herring.

Brock first 5 opponents capable of dismantling Cro Cop, Noguiera, Herring. At the age of 46 Couture submitted Coleman whom Fedor has 2 wins against. Mir TKO Noguiera, stopping Nogueira is a feat never achieved by Fedor or by anyone. Sobral has been KTFO by Chuck, how can Fedor be proud of his win over him. Arlovski is always a glass jaw. Tim Sylvia is always inconsistent. Bret Rogers got jitters during their fight, but I guess the outcome will be different if they'll have a rematch.[/quote']

LOL. You called Arona (who holds victories over Dan Henderson and Wanderlei Silva), Randleman (former UFC HGW champion) and Coleman (first UFC HW champion, first Pride tourny winner and former UFC tounry winner) cans?

Coleman was 39 when he fought Fedor the first time, not 45 and shot like he is now, and was 7 of his last 8.

Randleman just came off a devastating KO of Cro Cop.

Randleman, Sobral, Coleman and Arona all fought at HW at the beginning of their careers. Mark Hunt is 280lbs somoanhow on earth does that qualify as a LHW? LOL! How long have you been watching MMA?

Anderson Silva's own words in an interview when asked "who would win you or Fedor?"

"Fedor... that guy is huge!"

Yes he's probably being humble, but Fedor has big size advantage, severe toughness.. and great TAKEDOWNS, Silva's weakness. And he's damn fast. And relaxed as people are saying. Watch him get kicked back against the ropes.. and bam knock the guy out with a sharp as hell straight right.

Same thing happened against Brett Rogers.. man what a quick, clean, straight right hand. And no warning. Fired it off straight from the hip, so to speak. Didn't draw his arm back, not even a bit.. and at the perfect moment fired off.

The fight with that giant Japanese guy was also CRAZY. Grabbing onto that guy, and his whole body on the guys arm getting picked up ! (first armbar attempt). And nailing it so well the second time. If he can armbar that giant guy, he can armbar Silva with his eyes closed.

Silva would be huge odds against Fedor. If framing a betting market, I would take a MAJOR risk on Silva. Big odds.

Nope...I think it's far more insane to suggest that it's impossible for Silva to beat Fedor.

Fedor COULD beat Silva. But Silva COULD beat Fedor. I personally would give Silva better odds of success if they fought. But the difference between Fedor delusionalists and rational MMA fans...is that WE know that everyone can lose. Fedor crazies...refuse to accept that fact. And someone of Silva's caliber COULD beat Fedor...if you don't see that...you don't understand this sport. Period.

Let me repeat..

If you don't think someone of Silva's caliber COULD beat Fedor...you DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS SPORT. Period.

That is a fact. And it cannot be disputed. Both guys could possibly win. Who would be favored? I'm willing to debate that point because there are arguments on both sides...but to say that one of (and in my opinion he is the best) the best fighters in the world..couldn't possibly touch Fedor...is ludicrous and cannot..and SHOULD not be taken serious

I have never said that he was unbeatable.If you are saying that Anderson Silva would beat Fedor,than you are calling Silva himself liar.Silva,himself has stated that he could not beat Fedor.How could you be taken serious for saying that Silva would beat Fedor? What are the odds you would give,because if they fought ten times I would be a rich man.

Please go check Coutures fighting record at HW.It is not real impressive.If call him great and say that Fedor is overrated is absurd..There are numerous fighters that Randy has lost to the Fedor has beaten.Please check the facts.Anderson Silva and all LHW always have a chance.It would be one in a million' date='but they do have a chance.Name one fighter that Fedor has lost to that any UFC HW has beaten? Oh,that's right, there is not one.[/quote']

The argument was not who is the best so you a have simple problem with reading. your question was who has faced better competition which i answered so instead of bein an ******* learn to read and remember what ya ask. and oh yea get off fedor's **** hes nothing

LOL. You called Arona (who holds victories over Dan Henderson and Wanderlei Silva)' date=' Randleman (former UFC HGW champion) and Coleman (first UFC HW champion, first Pride tourny winner and former UFC tounry winner) cans?

Coleman was 39 when he fought Fedor the first time, not 45 and shot like he is now, and was 7 of his last 8.

Randleman just came off a devastating KO of Cro Cop.

Randleman, Sobral, Coleman and Arona all fought at HW at the beginning of their careers. Mark Hunt is 280lbs somoanhow on earth does that qualify as a LHW? LOL! How long have you been watching MMA?[/quote']

I'm not saying Arona, Randlleman & Coleman are cans, I'm putting them on the category of small HW or those guys are natural LHW. For Mark Hunt I know he was heavy before, but I think majority of those weight are excess fats, like Roy Nelson, If you take away those excess fats they are capable of going LHW. I think Hunt fights in LHW now, but if I'm wrong with that then I ask for an apology.

I have never said that he was unbeatable.If you are saying that Anderson Silva would beat Fedor' date='than you are calling Silva himself liar.Silva,himself has stated that he could not beat Fedor.How could you be taken serious for saying that Silva would beat Fedor? What are the odds you would give,because if they fought ten times I would be a rich man.[/quote']

Silva has NOT said he couldn't beat Fedor. He was asked who would win...and he said "Fedor..he's big"

Do you recall what Silva said when asked how he'd do against Griffin? I'll remind you..

"I'll do my best. He's big!" *widens eyes*

Silva is a humble dude...he's not one to call people out.

My personal odds would be Silva 70% Fedor 30%

But I think to be as objective as possible...let's say it's 50/50.

I don't know how you could argue against odds like that. Not by being objective and rational.

Cheers

-DR

You mean kinda like Brock grabbed the cage when Randy almost slammed him?

He's rated as the greatest because he's never legitamitely lost a fight. He's beaten 5 UFC champions' date=' 6 MMA champions, he's never been submitted, he's never been knocked out, he's never lost a decision. He's beaten some of the best of all time and even when you think he's about to lose (ie Randleman or Fujita fights) he finds a way to win every-time. His mind is stronger than any other fighter, he never shows fear or pain and he has one of the biggest hearts in MMA. He constantly fights bigger guys. He could easily make 205lbs but doesn't. He's a 5 time MMA champion, a 7 time World Combat Sambo champion, and 4 time National COmbat Sambo champion. imo he's not just the best MMA fighter, but the best fighter, period. In any sport.

And on top of all that he is the classiest and humblest guy in the world.[/quote']

+1. he came close to losing in his last fight. he got cut pretty bad and he took some ground and pound from the mount but he wiggled out of it and KO'd rogers with a punch that i must have watched and re-watched 30 times. his bjj is top notch. his armbars against coleman are sweet.

also for csh72, just because someone is 22-0 doesnt make them the worlds best its who uve fought. if i went and beat up 250 midgets i guess im the best in the world?? Fedor is sooooo goooooddd but how many of his last opponents have been top 5 or top 10 thats the real question so in other words if you gonna be an a$$ hole get a clue and know the sport, hes an average fighter in a 2-bit organization get a grip and throw out ur kneepads

also for csh72' date=' just because someone is 22-0 doesnt make them the worlds best its who uve fought. if i went and beat up 250 midgets i guess im the best in the world?? Fedor is sooooo goooooddd but how many of his last opponents have been top 5 or top 10 thats the real question so in other words if you gonna be an a$$ hole get a clue and know the sport, hes an average fighter in a 2-bit organization get a grip and throw out ur kneepads[/quote']

Yeah...Travis Fulton just recently went something like 50-3. So I'm sure he could beat Fedor.

Cheers

-DR

also for csh72' date=' just because someone is 22-0 doesnt make them the worlds best its who uve fought. if i went and beat up 250 midgets i guess im the best in the world?? Fedor is sooooo goooooddd but [b']how many of his last opponents have been top 5 or top 10 thats the real question[/b] so in other words if you gonna be an a$$ hole get a clue and know the sport, hes an average fighter in a 2-bit organization get a grip and throw out ur kneepads

Fedor's last 3 opponents were #7, #5 and #3. Question answered.

Archived