Sign in to follow this  
stokesyboy

Whos got the heaviest hands?

LOL. I dont think I've ever seen you post something that either a. doesnt praise GSP as the greatest or b. doesn't speak negatively of BJ Penn for one reason or another. We get it dude you hate BJ! We got that 150 posts ago' date=' time to move on.

My vote is Carwin. Daley is up there too.[/quote']

We get it, you hate GSP. Time to move on.

And I don't hate Bj.

He's got 3 TKO wins. Plus he's dropped Randy and sent Herring FLYING across the cage.

Brock has heavy' date=' HEAVY hands.. he just needs to learn how to hit the chin.[/quote']

He has 2 tkos, the one on Mir wasnt even close to a KO it was a boring lay and pray with some weak punches that added up.

and couture is old and Brock has like 60 pounds on him so that means nothing.

& if his hands are so heavy why couldnt he finish Heath.

We get it' date=' you hate GSP. Time to move on.

And I don't hate Bj.[/quote']

I love GSP to be honest, if him and BJ fought again BJ would get wrecked worse then he did in the second fight. But thanks for accusing me of something you have no evidence on whatsoever, and I will continue to enjoy you non-bias posts on both GSP and BJ :rolleyes:

We get it' date=' you hate GSP. Time to move on.

And I don't hate Bj.[/quote']

I love GSP to be honest' date=' if him and BJ fought again BJ would get wrecked worse then he did in the second fight. But thanks for accusing me of something you have no evidence on whatsoever, and I will continue to enjoy you non-bias posts on both GSP and BJ :rolleyes:[/quote']

get a room ladies, kiss and make up

CARWIN for sure also shout outs to serra t silva and a silva

if we r gonna talk non ucf i wod throw fedor in there but in the ufc 31 goes to carwin he just makes it look easy lol

CARWIN for sure also shout outs to serra t silva and a silva

if we r gonna talk non ucf i wod throw fedor in there but in the ufc 31 goes to carwin he just makes it look easy lol

#1 goes to *

get a room ladies' date=' kiss and make up[/quote']

I apologize for getting off topic in your thread, 0verrated just annoys the **** out me everytime he posts. It's kind of like Chinese water torture.....how long can you take it!?!?!?!

He has 2 tkos' date=' the one on Mir wasnt even close to a KO it was a boring lay and pray with some weak punches that added up.

and couture is old and Brock has like 60 pounds on him so that means nothing.

& if his hands are so heavy why couldnt he finish Heath.[/quote']

Okay, sorry.. I guess his first fight counts as a submission via strikes. My bad.

Regardless, stop making excuses. Saying that Brock's punches were 'weak', shows that you're an obvious Brock-hater.

What he did to Mir was anything BUT lay and pray. Get a grip, man. He rearranged Mir's face. When he had him against the cage and started blasting him with those shots, you were probably scared for Mir's life. He was out, and had no idea what was going on when he got up.

Heath is a tough MF'er. He's only been TKO'd once or twice. Besides that, Brock wanted to prove that he could go the distance.

I apologize for getting off topic in your thread' date=' 0verrated just annoys the **** out me everytime he posts. It's kind of like Chinese water torture.....[b']how long can you take it[/b]!?!?!?!

ha ha ha, im loving it really - how about a matchup with you 2? whod win? shall we poll? :)

Okay' date=' sorry.. I guess his first fight counts as a submission via strikes. My bad.

Regardless, stop making excuses. Saying that Brock's punches were 'weak', shows that you're an obvious Brock-hater.

What he did to Mir was anything BUT lay and pray. Get a grip, man. He rearranged Mir's face. When he had him against the cage and started blasting him with those shots, you were probably scared for Mir's life. He was out, and had no idea what was going on when he got up.

Heath is a tough MF'er. He's only been TKO'd once or twice. Besides that, Brock wanted to prove that he could go the distance.[/quote']

hahahaha ( thats for saying brock wante to go the distance ).

hahahaha ( thats because Iam a Brock hater and it was a classic example of LAY AND PRAY ) he hoesntly LAID on top of Mir and didnt go for mount or knock Mir out he just keep landing shots that may have messed Mirs face up but didnt do any serious damage Mir could have got up and knocked Brock out in a kickboxing match right after that boring fight.

hahahaha ( thats because Iam a Brock hater and it was a classic example of LAY AND PRAY ) he hoesntly LAID on top of Mir and didnt go for mount or knock Mir out he just keep landing shots that may have messed Mirs face up but didnt do any serious damage Mir could have got up and knocked Brock out in a kickboxing match right after that boring fight.

Your ignorance is hilarious!

Mir had no clue where he was, or what was going on.

Bottom line, Mir COULDN'T get up and Brock PUMMLED him.

You're a fool if you believe this.

Mir had no clue where he was' date=' or what was going on.

Bottom line, Mir COULDN'T get up and Brock PUMMLED him.[/quote']

Theres an argument both ways. I mean in that first round its true that Brock wasnt trying to pass into any kind of superior position, and he his shots weren't that hard, but they did a ton of damage. So ok maybe you can justify that as LnP, but theres no way it was LnP when the fight was stopped. I would have payed THOUSANDS of dollars to not be in the position Mir was in. I'm suprised his head didnt go through the side of the cage to be honest.

why every1 on daleys nuts? yea hes a decent fighter and yea hes got some power but knocking out 2 guys that've been easily finished b4? no nthank you.... imma go with hendo/rampage/brock/thiago silva/chuck

He's got 3 TKO wins. Plus he's dropped Randy and sent Herring FLYING across the cage.

Brock has heavy' date=' HEAVY hands.. he just needs to learn how to hit the chin.[/quote']

you'd have heavy hands to if you weighed as much as brock, he's got heavy hands because he's big.

rampage, hendo, daley, and rumble first pop to my mind, but liddels heavy to

Mir had no clue where he was' date=' or what was going on.

Bottom line, Mir COULDN'T get up and Brock PUMMLED him.[/quote']

You're a fool if you believe this.

Well I guess I'm a fool then. Brock has shown to have 0 stand up along with 0 ko power.

His fights are always boring (IMO some people dont mind lay and pray).

I just dont understand how a guy who is 4-1 with no real KNOCKOUTS no crazy submissions, no real big wins gets so much credit but then I remeber that its the UFC and there good at building up fighters.

The point I have made a million times is this, Frank Mir and Brock are hyped up FOR BEATIING EACH OTHER. Frank Mirs only serious wins a way out his prime Nog (who Cain just showed how out of his prime is and in his prime would beat Mir), and Brock who beat him. Brocks win an out of his prime and never really that good of a heavyweight Randy (this fight would be like a light heavyweight fighting a lightweight) and Mir who beat him.

Without eachother they would be nothing

why every1 on daleys nuts? yea hes a decent fighter and yea hes got some power but knocking out 2 guys that've been easily finished b4? no nthank you.... imma go with hendo/rampage/brock/thiago silva/chuck

Daley has 18 KO/TKOs

Brock has 2 tkos no kos.

Ill also add that

Thigao and Hendo have 11 and Chuck has 13 and rampage has 14.

So daley has more then all them /

Well I guess I'm a fool then. Brock has shown to have 0 stand up along with 0 ko power.

His fights are always boring (IMO some people dont mind lay and pray).

I just dont understand how a guy who is 4-1 with no real KNOCKOUTS no crazy submissions' date=' no real big wins gets so much credit but then I remeber that its the UFC and there good at building up fighters.

The point I have made a million times is this, Frank Mir and Brock are hyped up FOR BEATIING EACH OTHER. Frank Mirs only serious wins a way out his prime Nog (who Cain just showed how out of his prime is and in his prime would beat Mir), and Brock who beat him. Brocks win an out of his prime and never really that good of a heavyweight Randy (this fight would be like a light heavyweight fighting a lightweight) and Mir who beat him.

Without eachother they would be nothing[/quote']

Right, first off, zero stand up? He's shown decent standup, he knocked down and finished Randy Couture and he has excellent boxing. Secondly Brock does not lay and pray; laying and praying implies that they constantly take down and PRAY for the judges, Brock takes you down and punishes you, it's called GROUND AND POUND. If you think he just lies on top of them and swings weak punches then you're wrong. Watch this video, I've used it before now to illustrate this point, Brock showed excellent ground technique against Mir as well as devastating power.

He clearly has power, he broke Herring's orbital bone with one punch, he might not have been able to finish Herring (no shame in this considering it was his third ever MMA bout) but he has clearly improved because he's finished every opponent since.

Brock rightfully gets credit because for a guy with limited MMA experience he's achieved huge amounts. The guy has five MMA fights and he's already the UFC champion and has avenged his only loss in devastating fashion. Why does he need "crazy submissions"? There are absolutely endless amounts of guys whose game doesn't involve submissions! Brock has had only five mixed martial arts bouts, in it he has beaten a legend of the sport, an accomplished veteran and a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt with very solid stand-up skills. That is damn impressive for a guy with so little experience. Who cares if he hasn't had any one-punch knockouts? In his fights he's certainly showed that he has the power to do so.

ha ha ha' date=' im loving it really - how about a matchup with you 2? whod win? shall we poll? :)[/quote']

lol I'd like to see that!

Do you think that it would be a fair comparison to say that Brock and GSP have nearly identical fighting styles (dominant takedowns, GnP for the victory)?

Right' date=' first off, zero stand up? He's shown decent standup, he knocked down and finished Randy Couture and he has excellent boxing. Secondly Brock does not lay and pray; laying and praying implies that they constantly take down and PRAY for the judges, Brock takes you down and punishes you, it's called GROUND AND POUND. If you think he just lies on top of them and swings weak punches then you're wrong. Watch this video, I've used it before now to illustrate this point, Brock showed excellent ground technique against Mir as well as devastating power.

He clearly has power, he broke Herring's orbital bone with one punch, he might not have been able to finish Herring (no shame in this considering it was his third ever MMA bout) but he has clearly improved because he's finished every opponent since.

Brock rightfully gets credit because for a guy with limited MMA experience he's achieved huge amounts. The guy has five MMA fights and he's already the UFC champion and has avenged his only loss in devastating fashion. Why does he need "crazy submissions"? There are absolutely endless amounts of guys whose game doesn't involve submissions! Brock has had only five mixed martial arts bouts, in it he has beaten a legend of the sport, an accomplished veteran and a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt with very solid stand-up skills. That is damn impressive for a guy with so little experience. Who cares if he hasn't had any one-punch knockouts? In his fights he's certainly showed that he has the power to do so.[/quote']

Being a UFC heavyweight champ doesnt mean anything ! If someone can get a title coming off a lose (RANDY) or someone who has had 4 fights and is 3-1!!!!!!!!! can get a title against that guy who got a title coming off a lose I DONT CARE ABOUT THE BELT IT IS WORTHLESS.

and he has shown no stand up at all!

Belfort. I only say this because he can TKO/KO someone without landing a clean shot and his opponents still hit the deck and half of them didn't know where they were.

Daley's pretty much on the button all the time, which is in no way a bad thing, but it discredtis him in this argument.

I'll give them a tie for #1.

Being a UFC heavyweight champ doesnt mean anything ! If someone can get a title coming off a lose (RANDY) or someone who has had 4 fights and is 3-1!!!!!!!!! can get a title against that guy who got a title coming off a lose I DONT CARE ABOUT THE BELT IT IS WORTHLESS.

and he has shown no stand up at all!

Well even then, belt aside, beating the competition that he has so early in his career is still pretty impressive. Brock has shown stand-up skills although that area of his game still has some ambiguity about it, I'm sure we'll see which one of us is right at some point in the future.

Well even then' date=' belt aside, beating the competition that he has so early in his career is still pretty impressive. Brock has shown stand-up skills although that area of his game still has some ambiguity about it, I'm sure we'll see which one of us is right at some point in the future.[/quote']

What competition tho ! like I said he had 50 pounds on Couture he beat Hearring and some random 3-7 BUM! and hes 1-1 with Mir.

He has never put on a performance worth saying wow, infact all his fights have been kind of boring .

Im not sayin Brock isnt great Im sayin he hasnt even come close to proving it !

it has been said that if you sit ringside and witness Carwin's ground and pound you can also feel it in your feet.

The guy has to wear special gloves because his hands are TOO big.

I like Daley too, but percentage of wins by KO/TKO goes to Carwin, no contest. I'd like to see JDS in a few more fights as well.

What competition tho ! like I said he had 50 pounds on Couture he beat Hearring and some random 3-7 BUM! and hes 1-1 with Mir.

He has never put on a performance worth saying wow' date=' infact all his fights have been kind of boring .

Im not sayin Brock isnt great Im sayin he hasnt even come close to proving it ![/quote']

Herring is an incredibly tough opponent! And for his third ever mma bout, to complete and utterly dominate him? That is unbelievably impressive! That is a performance that is very much worth saying "wow" to, as was his utter destruction of Mir at UFC 100. He may be 1-1 with Mir, but even in the first fight he was dominating him up until the kneebar and that was his second ever bout. As I said, he has defeated several accomplished fighters, give him praise where it's due. For a guy as inexperienced as him he's achieved huge amounts.

I apologize for getting off topic in your thread' date=' 0verrated just annoys the **** out me everytime he posts. It's kind of like Chinese water torture.....[b']how long can you take it[/b]!?!?!?!

You do the same for me. Your Bj ****y drives me ****ing crazy!!!! How much more can GSP fans take of that delusional talk.

Its funny you get some mad because I said Bj does not have the heaviest hands in MMA. He has never even KO'd anyone, leave it at that. The post was not to make you mad, get over it. Not everyone loves Bj dude.

You've got a good point there. Then again' date=' when was the last time Liddell put somebody to sleep? Liddell was never a one-hitter-quitter.

I just think, that given BJ's weight, he's the hardest pound-for-pound puncher. Then again, there are arguments to be made for lots of people.[/quote']

liddell never a one hitter quitter? go watch him fight vernon white, couture 2 and 3 guy mezger babalu and tito ortiz

Herring is an incredibly tough opponent! And for his third ever mma bout' date=' to complete and utterly dominate him? That is unbelievably impressive! That is a performance that is very much worth saying "wow" to, as was his utter destruction of Mir at UFC 100. He may be 1-1 with Mir, but even in the first fight he was dominating him up until the kneebar and that was his second ever bout. As I said, he has defeated several accomplished fighters, give him praise where it's due. For a guy as inexperienced as him he's achieved huge amounts.[/quote']

What ever you can think what you want Hearring is a good fighter but Brock wasnt impressive against him and I just dont really care about Brrock he is a boring not that talented fighter.

What ever you can think what you want Hearring is a good fighter but Brock wasnt impressive against him and I just dont really care about Brrock he is a boring not that talented fighter.

He dominated Herring and absolutely smashed his face apart. I think that's impressive. You can't say he's not that talented as though it's fact, when there's clearly plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise. Guy has enormous potential, that's all I'm saying.

ha i know. by somewhere i meant top 100 maybe.

the guy does have some power though

His last knockout was awesome though, in many ways hes better than pearson.

Both of them are gonna make waves in the ufc, exciting times for British fans. :P

Hendo has one of the strongest bases.

He's not on the same level in striking though in a p4p scenario.

Hendo has HUGE power in his punches. I think he is up there with the best. Awesome fighter too.

Hendo has HUGE power in his punches. I think he is up there with the best. Awesome fighter too.

p4p i can't agree with you. He is a great striker, but p4p is someone who is a spectacle when they throw a closed fist.

Bisping almsot got his lights turned out by Dennis Kang. Though Kang isn't soft, he's not Hendo either. Hendo's game is not based around striking, that right there should tell you if his hands are heavy or not.

I put Daley ahead of Hendo tbh, and I really like Hendo because he can fight pretty much anyone and give them a trouble.

Serra (body+face = KO)

Irvin (KO power and accurate)

Henderson (right hand heavy mofo)

Lesnar (heavy, doesn't mean accurate, some seem to forget that)

Carwin (minimal standup, and even though I don't like Mir, you will see holes in Carwins striking, but it IS KO power for sure)