Sign in to follow this  
EmperorFedor

I'm not impress with Nog performance

I wasn't impressed with Nog performance, the fight itself seem one sided similar to Nog vs Frank Mir. Big Nog wasn't enaging or didn't land one pouch; Nog was a pouching bag that lasted 1 minute w/ a total of 7 pouches. The reason Cain got the KO was thanks to Mir softing Nog resistance and durability to sustain incredible damage. The truth is Nog isn't a top contender any longer, he should retire and be proud of his accomplishments because he'll never see the title belt while Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir are on top..

Anybody could've knocked out Nog on that night including Matt Sera.. JDS will revenge his master JDS vs Cain will be next!!

Will the pupil revenge his sensei?

I wasn't impressed with Nog performance' date=' the fight itself seem one sided similar to Nog vs Frank Mir. Big Nog wasn't enaging or didn't land one pouch; Nog was a pouching bag that lasted 1 minute w/ a total of 7 pouches. The reason Cain got the KO was thanks to Mir softing Nog resistance and durability to sustain incredible damage. The truth is Nog isn't a top contender any longer, he should retire and be proud of his accomplishments because he'll never see the title belt while Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir are on top..

Anybody could've knocked out Nog on that night including Matt Sera.. JDS will revenge his master JDS vs Cain will be next!!

Will the pupil revenge his sensei?[/quote']

your an idiot. Mir isn't the reason for questioning Nog's chin. Fedor can be thanked for that one. But that's besides the point. Fact is Cain actually is a very legit HW. Don't take anything away from either fighter.

Man, Nogueira is a legend. But I am worried about his ability to take hits. Against much bigger, stronger guys in HW, Nogueira's incredible ability to take punishment and keep coming is an invaluable asset. Without it, Nogueira would be forced to go into fights and win on pure skill alone. Which against most, he could. But if Nogueira is truly losing that ability to take a Cro-Cop kick to the face and keep coming, he might need to consider either dropping down or retiring. HW is not a division you want to be in unless you're big enough or can take the heat.

Man' date=' Nogueira is a legend. But I am worried about his ability to take hits. Against much bigger, stronger guys in HW, Nogueira's incredible ability to take punishment and keep coming is an invaluable asset. Without it, Nogueira would be forced to go into fights and win on pure skill alone. Which against most, he could. But if Nogueira is truly losing that ability to take a Cro-Cop kick to the face and keep coming, he might need to consider either dropping down or retiring. HW is not a division you want to be in unless you're big enough or can take the heat.[/quote']

Big Nog won't drop weight. Agreed he's been beat down too often, just like Wanderlei has been. If he did, at 205 there would be Big Nog, Little Nog, Machida and Anderson silva all in one division. That would be HELL for Joe Silva to try to make any legit match ups

i don't think he should retire, not even close, he is still a great fighter. he is still fun to watch and his superior bjj skills, to me, gives him a chance in any fight he's in.

his last fight was a disappointing but everyone gets caught. the fight before that against randy was a true war and i loved every second of it.

Finally all the ****ing idiots who made excuses for nog when he was demolished by frank mir, the greatest heavyweight in the history of combative sports. nog has 'great boxing' according to Joe rogan. Good boxers move their head to avoid the opponents fists, that's what boxings all about. Top credit to nog for his groundwork but he has aged greater than his sentience measured on earths revolution of the sun

you sir are a moron. he never had a chance to engage as you say, because cain was all over him from start to finish. cain is just a beast and made him look bad. but big nog is a beast to and has been in some legedary wars which would take their toll on anyone.

and the word your looking for is avenge, ****.

He didn't look great but the punch that put him out flat out should have. It landed right on the sweet spot! Sometimes people get caught. And for all of you talking about the Nog of past show me a pride fight or any fight where he took a shot to the jaw with similar power and walked through it (footage not claims).

Name a single fighter who could of taken that punch. I dare you. It was a perfect shot thrown by a powerful guy. I'm not taking anything away from Cain but that's all it was. He didn't get dominated for multiple rounds and embarrassed he got ktfo. The fight was short and sweet. He got nailed but he'll be back. He alway's come back.

Yeah I hate it how when all of the wins that prop up the facade that is Fedor...(facade only when refering to the delusionalists)

Get beaten..ALL OF A SUDDEN...they are old..and washed up..and blah blah..

The sport has changed...the elite of 10 years ago...ON THEIR BEST DAY...would NOT be able to compete with the elite of TODAY.

It's like having the fastest bicyclist..compete with the fastest motorcyclist

It's a different era..and a different sport..

Fedor was the first truly well rounded HW...well..the sport has caught up with him...and he isn't alone anymore..

Mir, Dos Santos, Lesnar, Machida, Anderson Silva, Rashad Evans, Rampage Jackson etc...would all have good odds of beating Fedor

Cheers

-DR

I wasn't impressed with Nog performance' date=' the fight itself seem one sided similar to Nog vs Frank Mir. Big Nog wasn't enaging or didn't land one pouch; Nog was a pouching bag that lasted 1 minute w/ a total of 7 pouches. The reason Cain got the KO was thanks to Mir softing Nog resistance and durability to sustain incredible damage. The truth is Nog isn't a top contender any longer, he should retire and be proud of his accomplishments because he'll never see the title belt while Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir are on top..

i dont even know what to say to this kid.

Name a single fighter who could of taken that punch. I dare you. It was a perfect shot thrown by a powerful guy. I'm not taking anything away from Cain but that's all it was. He didn't get dominated for multiple rounds and embarrassed he got ktfo. The fight was short and sweet. He got nailed but he'll be back. He alway's come back.

Kongo took those pouches like if they were pillow..

Fedor, Frank Mir, obviously Brock Lesnar, JDS, and Cro cop..

The rest all have weak chins!!

your an idiot. Mir isn't the reason for questioning Nog's chin. Fedor can be thanked for that one. But that's besides the point. Fact is Cain actually is a very legit HW. Don't take anything away from either fighter.

well said. youve earned a point.

+1.

OH GOD!!! Frank knocked out nog cuz he wasnt 100%. He went in 100% and looked netter then ever. just got to confident w/ his chin. Nog might not see another title belt around his waist but shouldnt retire. look at couture, would never see another title belt around his waist. i mean come on, w/ rua n rampage there. nope.

He didn't look great but the punch that put him out flat out should have. It landed right on the sweet spot! Sometimes people get caught. And for all of you talking about the Nog of past show me a pride fight or any fight where he took a shot to the jaw with similar power and walked through it (footage not claims).

Watch his fight against Mirko Cro Cop. Took Cro Cop's infamous and legendary kick right on the jaw. Dead on. Nogueira didn't move away, raise a fist. Nothing. Just completely ate a Cro Cop. Didn't even flinch. Nogueira is one of the only guys in the world, next to Hendo, who could have taken that and keep coming.

Watch his fight against Mirko Cro Cop. Took Cro Cop's infamous and legendary kick right on the jaw. Dead on. Nogueira didn't move away' date=' raise a fist. Nothing. Just completely ate a Cro Cop. Didn't even flinch. Nogueira is one of the only guys in the world, next to Hendo, who could have taken that and keep coming.[/quote']

See look this is what some people..mostly "Fedor Delusionalists" either cannot understand..or they simply refuse to.

WATCH Nog v Crocop.

Now this is supposedly "PRIME NOG" as people love to say..and "PRIME CROCOP"

If you compare these guys technically..to the elite of today..they simply cannot compare..

As for that "feared guard" Crocop has no problem surviving in it for a good 3 minutes at the outset of the fight.

And then there are a couple minutes..of shoddy striking from Nog..followed by lame attempts to get a TD...where he ends up flopping to the floor and then stood back up...this happens like 20 times...failed TD...failed TD...failed TD

Nog has almost ZERO head movement...doesn't tuck his chin..all he does that could maybe qualify as head movement is he leans forward..and try's to avoid the punch while attempting a TD from time to time..a TD by the way that is almost always ineffective

As for the kick to the head...did you see this fight?

Like 5 seconds before the first round ends..Crocop kick Nog...and makes him fall to the ground .lands a punch and the round is over. There is no legendary moment where Nog takes it and is unfazed..he is buckled.

Pretty boring first 10 minutes really. And compared to the best of today? Totally unremarkable.

Beginning of the second round...Nog finally gets the TD...side control...then moves to mount.

GnP for a few minutes...Crocop tries to escape...but left an arm out...Nog gets it..and Crocop taps..

Nothing legendary to see here folks...just one of the earlier eras of the sport..where the BEST OF THE BEST then....aren't top dogs today...because the sport has evolved..you put THAT noguiera in with todays Mir..or todays..Dos Santos..or todays Lesnar...he gets beaten

And these guys are Fedor's biggest wins...

Cheers

-DR

Nothing legendary to see here folks...just one of the earlier eras of the sport..where the BEST OF THE BEST then....aren't top dogs today...because the sport has evolved..

Well Said m8, +1

See look this is what some people..mostly "Fedor Delusionalists" either cannot understand..or they simply refuse to.

WATCH Nog v Crocop.

If you compare these guys technically..to the elite of today..they simply cannot compare..

As for that "feared guard" Crocop has no problem surviving in it for a good 3 minutes at the outset of the fight.

And then there are a couple minutes..of shoddy striking from Nog..followed by lame attempts to get a TD...where he ends up flopping to the floor and then stood back up...this happens like 20 times...failed TD...failed TD...failed TD

Nog has almost ZERO head movement...doesn't tuck his chin..all he does that could maybe qualify as head movement is he leans forward..and try's to avoid the punch while attempting a TD from time to time..a TD by the way that is almost always ineffective

Like 5 seconds before the first round ends..Crocop kick Nog...and makes him fall to the ground .lands a punch and the round is over. There is no legendary moment where Nog takes it and is unfazed..he is buckled.

Pretty boring first 10 minutes really. And compared to the best of today? Totally unremarkable.

Beginning of the second round...Nog finally gets the TD...side control...then moves to mount.

GnP for a few minutes...Crocop tries to escape...but left an arm out...Nog gets it..and Crocop taps..

Nothing legendary to see here folks...just one of the earlier eras of the sport..where the BEST OF THE BEST then....aren't top dogs today...because the sport has evolved..you put THAT noguiera in with todays Mir..or todays..Dos Santos..or todays Lesnar...he gets beaten

Cheers

-DR

I knew there was a reason I liked your posts!! ;)

*chuckle* Thanks. Just trying to be objective.

Cheers sir!

-DR

I've been saying things like that for a while, but nobody will ever listen.

People refuse to believe that the sport have evolved by leaps and bounds over the last 5 years. I was using that as an argument in the build-up to Silva VS Bisping. That's when I said that Bisping is better than probably 75% of Wanderlei's previous opponents.

Everybody laughed, and said I didn't know what I was talking about.

TBH I've never been impressed with a Big Nog fight. Seems like all he ever does is pull guard. Out of 32 wins only 2 by TKO... snooze.

Flame suit on.

I've been saying things like that for a while' date=' but nobody will ever listen.

People refuse to believe that the sport have evolved by leaps and bounds over the last 5 years. I was using that as an argument in the build-up to Silva VS Bisping. That's when I said that Bisping is better than probably 75% of Wanderlei's previous opponents.

Everybody laughed, and said I didn't know what I was talking about.[/quote']

I totally know what you mean. There is this contingent of people..that feel they need to gain "cred" by claiming that Pride was the pinnacle of the sport. And because it was never mainstream in the US like the UFC they believe somehow that claiming to be fans of Pride "Since day one" will make them seem like MMA gurus who know everything about the sport and have the most valid opinions etc...

This is a childish tactic..it's like a high school kid..wearing black to be "different" when all they are doing is becoming a lame cliche.

You are absolutely right...the sport has evolved and the competition is tougher. Wanderlei himself said so, just prior to his fight with Bisping. It's a different game now. And these "legends" of old..either need to step up their game..or they will just be middle of the pack fighters. NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE OLD. But because they simply are not as good as the people coming up in this era. These people who have studied and seen what works..what will put you in danger etc. The fighters today are just better than ever before.

Cheers sir!

-DR

WATCH Nog v Crocop.

Cheers

-DR

Todays Mirs ? Really, you think Mir is new to the sport ? Mir is an old Dog just like Nogueira. As for sports evolution I really don't need to tell you to look at the 1HW of the world Fedor (Thats in every credible MMA ranking, I'm not saying anything), Anderson Silva, Rampage Jackson, Dan Henderson, Randy Couture... So ****ing evolved that 3 of the old dogs (BJ, Anderson, Fedor) are 1 in their weight classes, Dan is 2 and Rampage is top 4. Randy was the last HW champ, gave Brock a good fight.

As for Big Nog and Cro Cop not being legends lol really, do you expect Michael Jordan to play as he did today ? He isn't a legend aswell because the sport has evolved so much and he can't play with todays top dogs ? Big Nog is still up there, after all this fights (WARS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3l2ZQv87UY

Cro Cop explains to you, keyboard warrior. I could go on and on, but your post is just poor. The Old Dogs still dominate, that is what you fail to see.

Todays Mirs ? Really' date=' you think Mir is new to the sport ? Mir is an old Dog just like Nogueira. As for sports evolution I really don't need to tell you to look at the 1HW of the world Fedor (Thats in every credible MMA ranking, I'm not saying anything), Anderson Silva, Rampage Jackson, Dan Henderson, Randy Couture... So ****ing evolved that 3 of the old dogs (BJ, Anderson, Fedor) are 1 in their weight classes, Dan is 2 and Rampage is top 4. Randy was the last HW champ, gave Brock a good fight.

As for Big Nog and Cro Cop not being legends lol really, do you expect Michael Jordan to play as he did today ? He isn't a legend aswell because the sport has evolved so much and he can't play with todays top dogs ? Big Nog is still up there, after all this fights (WARS)

Cro Cop explains to you, keyboard warrior. I could go on and on, but your post is just poor. The Old Dogs still dominate, that is what you fail to see.[/quote']

To be fair, Fedor is ducking the top dogs in the UFC.

His best opponent in recent history, is Andrei Arlovski. One lucky punch on an over-excited Pitbull saved his record.

Then again.. that's what Fedor is famous for.

Todays Mirs ? Really' date=' you think Mir is new to the sport ? Mir is an old Dog just like Nogueira. As for sports evolution I really don't need to tell you to look at the 1HW of the world Fedor (Thats in every credible MMA ranking, I'm not saying anything), Anderson Silva, Rampage Jackson, Dan Henderson, Randy Couture... So ****ing evolved that 3 of the old dogs (BJ, Anderson, Fedor) are 1 in their weight classes, Dan is 2 and Rampage is top 4. Randy was the last HW champ, gave Brock a good fight.

Cro Cop explains to you, keyboard warrior. I could go on and on, but your post is just poor. The Old Dogs still dominate, that is what you fail to see.[/quote']

*chuckle* Child please.

Do you not understand the qualifier.."today's" as in "today's Mir?" It means that athlete as they are today, their current skill set experience etc. Maybe the Mir of 6 years ago would be beat by "prime Nog" but "prime Nog" would be beaten almost every time by "today's Mir"

As I've also said before...just because they've been fighting for years doesn't mean they can't still be relevant. BUT THEY MUST CONTINUE TO IMPROVE!!! Have you not seen the work Mir for instance is putting in as of late? He's committed to becoming a better fighter..his striking has improved over a few years ago etc.

As for Fedor being the number one HW in the world. That is highly debatable..he isn't fighting anyone at the elite levels as the sport stands TODAY.

Have you been paying attention to the dedication that Penn has put into the sport lately? Ever hear the name Marinovich? Oh that right..Penn is training..and at the same skill level he was at when he fought Pulver the first time. Riiiight.

Anderson Silva. He's the exact same guy as 6 years ago too. Uh-huh...

And Fedor? Again...of the 3 you mention there...he's the odd man out..we don't know if he's still top dog in todays era of the sport.

Cheers

-DR

To be fair' date=' Fedor is ducking the top dogs in the UFC.

His best opponent in recent history, is Andrei Arlovski. One lucky punch on an over-excited Pitbull saved his record.

Then again.. that's what Fedor is famous for.[/quote']

err... I will just say this: Even Dana White says Fedor isn't ducking or afraid (He said that on ESPN). Just one question: What HW has a better resume than Fedor ?

err... I will just say this: Even Dana White says Fedor isn't ducking or afraid (He said that on ESPN). Just one question: What HW has a better resume than Fedor ?

We're not talking about resumes, are we?

We're talking about the best in the world, and IMO, Fedor is NOT the best in the world at this point in time.

He would have his work cut out for him in the UFC.

*chuckle* Child please.

Do you not understand the qualifier.."today's" as in "today's Mir?" It means that athlete as they are today' date=' their current skill set experience etc. Maybe the Mir of 6 years ago would be beat by "prime Nog" but "prime Nog" would be beaten almost every time by "today's Mir"

As I've also said before...just because they've been fighting for years doesn't mean they can't still be relevant. BUT THEY MUST CONTINUE TO IMPROVE!!! Have you not seen the work Mir for instance is putting in as of late? He's committed to becoming a better fighter..his striking has improved over a few years ago etc.

As for Fedor being the number one HW in the world. That is highly debatable..he isn't fighting anyone at the elite levels as the sport stands TODAY.

Have you been paying attention to the dedication that Penn has put into the sport lately? Ever hear the name Marinovich? Oh that right..Penn is training..and at the same skill level he was at when he fought Pulver the first time. Riiiight.

Anderson Silva. He's the exact same guy as 6 years ago too. Uh-huh...

And Fedor? Again...of the 3 you mention there...he's the odd man out..we don't know if he's still top dog in todays era of the sport.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

Do you expect Nog to have Anderson Silva stand up skills ? Nog is a ground fighter that was caught. Do you really think that we all can be Randy Coutures (Age/N. of Fights doesn't matter). I don't think Nog is hungry as he was and it is cleary that he can't improve that much due to his age and wars but he was ****ing CAUGHT. That doesn't mean he didn't improve (but lets face it, he hasn't improved his stand up), he isn't on his prime he can't improve like Cain, JDS and well JDS ground game must suck as you probably know who teaches him.

What was Rogers rank when he fought Fedor ? Tim's and Arlovski rank WHEN they fought Fedor ?

You really think Fedor needs to prove anything anymore ? He can damn sure fight who he wants when he wants, thats a right he acquired. If Mir really wants to fight Fedor he should go to him. GSP and BJ say he is number one, period. That should end this "debate". Wait, Randy says Fedor is number one. Wait a minute Shields, Shogun and even Frank Mir said Fedor is number 1. Bas, Serra, Kevin said he is number one. I won't argue what Fedor did and do, this guys opinions have much more credebility than ours espeacially Randy Couture's (He isn't "anyone's *****).

We're not talking about resumes' date=' are we?

We're talking about the best in the world, and IMO, Fedor is NOT the best in the world at this point in time.

He would have his work cut out for him in the UFC.[/quote']

He is the best HW in the world. As for P4P crap, that is between Fedor and Anderson and Silva takes the edge in my opinion. Ask Anderson if he could choose who he would fight who would he choose.

HINT: His was a Pride HW champ and Multiple times Sambo World Champ.

Good lord this was hard to read...your logic might actually be worse than your english...

Why do you insist of spelling punch "pouch"?

Nog did land a couple shots (notice Cain bleeding nose?) he just got beaten to the punch in every exchange.

And to compare that fight to Mir fight where Nog got BEAT UP over two rounds is fairly stupid, aside from Nog losing by (T)KO absolutely NOTHING about them was similar.

And because Nog lost to the #2 and #3 HW competitors in UFC he should hang it up?

Your logic IS worse than your english....