Sign in to follow this  
Rex_Kwon_Do

Best gaming system

UWILLSUBMIT has intimidated me into asking this question,because of the gaming system I purchased (XBOX- Arcade). Since i'm having issues with a certain glitch in the MOH game I have, I was wondering if it was an XBOX thing, or what you guys think is the best gaming system and a brief reason why...maybe you guys will change my mind enough to take it back and get something else. Maybe for certain games certain gaming systems have it and some don't. I don't need to get online to play..it starts to add up from what i've been told that's why i got the arcade, but maybe it's not expensive to get online with other gaming systems? I still got some time since i purchased it to take it back so help me out.

the 360 hands down. The glitch is not because of the 360 it is because MoH : Airborne sucks. If you want a good shooter you cant go wrong with Call of Duty.

I think the PS3 is better. It offers virtually all of the things X-box live does for free. With the 360 you have to pay 60 bucks a year to play online. I also think the PS3 has better exclusives. The only exclusive I really love on the 360 is Left 4 Dead. Not to mention that the 360 is prone to RROD, and my 360 just broke down because of it after barely a year. My PS3 served me faithfully for 2 years, before my nephew dropped it and forced me to get a slim(which might've ended up saving my trophies). But this is all opinionated, and someone can easily argue that the 360 is better.

The best gaming system ever (giving the time) Sega Dreamcast with Shenmue I & II the best games ever to be made for a console.

Currently go with the Xbox 360 (can't wait for project Natal to come out).

No homebrew for PS3 is all need to hear to take it out of my list.

personally i think PS3's better. i've had both and the 360, as always, got the 3 rings and i was always defending the 360 but when Gears 2 came out and suk'd i got a PS3 and haven't had any complaints. and i'm posting this comment from my PS3 as we speak cuz it has internet........ did i mention it's FREE?.

I've said it over and over, it's a matter of preference. Both have great games. PS3 has Blu Ray. If you enjoy movies, it's a good option.

PSN is free, but you get what you pay for. When MW2 came out and everyone jumped online, PSN crashed and XBL ran fine.

The problem with 360s is their unreliability. Granted PS3s are not perfect. My neighbor's broke after 8 months and they wanted him to pay $150. He converted to 360. Yet I've also heard of people who are on their 7th Xbox's. And that is simply inexplicable.

Games are a matter of preference. Halo or Killzone? Metal Gear Solid 4 or Splinter Cell Conviction? Mass Effect or Uncharted? All games are great, it's just a matter of preference.

I own a 360 personally. And I am prefectly happy with it. I enjoy the games on it - Mass Effect 2 being the best game I've ever played - and I enjoy the online service.

Would I own a PS3? If I could afford it, certainly. It is the newest system so of course it's more powerful. Blu Ray discs, better graphics (Killzone looks siiiick)... a big downside to it imo is installing games everytime. I sta there for like 10-12 minutes while it installed MGS4. It makes it run quieter, but I'd rather the option to do so, which the 360 gives you the option.

NEO GEO back in the day was ahead of it's time and was badass, ( if u could afford the freaking thing as it was ridiculously expensive as well).

Exclusive titles that originally came for the system were:

Samurai Showdown

Fatal Fury

Art of Fighting

Metal Slug

Sengoku

King of the Monsters

360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this coming from a guy who has all 3 systems in the house. 360, Wii, PS3, and majority ofthe day all you'll hear is the gun fire & cursing from online COD for 360. Gears of War 2 imo, is one of the best online games ever made & it is exclusive for 360.

Wii is for little kids & old people mostly. PS3 has some nice graphics, but it's online play isnt comparable to 360. really can't go wrong unless your looking for a specific title.

^ I disagree about GOW2. That game is a pile of dog **** online. All it is is a race to the best weapon on the map. Beyond that it's laggy as all hell.

Horde mode is bad ****, though. But still too laggy.

^ I disagree about GOW2. That game is a pile of dog **** online. All it is is a race to the best weapon on the map. Beyond that it's laggy as all hell.

Horde mode is bad ****' date=' though. But still too laggy.[/quote']

I say let them get the best weapon, i wait, watch so i know where they are & seperate the head from their character. I'm a beast with the shotgun. It is all i use. No chainsawing, nothing. one piece, two-piece with a mele. I make guys frusterated. Hammer of dawn: easily avoided, torque bow: nobody is touching me with that, & as for the grenade launcher: your either gonna kill yourself & me, or miss, because by the time they pull that sucker on me, i'm already invading their personal space & attacking the body directly.

all you need is a good connection which i have, and you'll maybe find 1 lagged out host out of 15-20. I understand what you mean on the lag switch. Sometimes its just complete ******** to the point you turn the system off & you can't even moveor kill anybody. I've never had any lag in Horde. Wingman is all i really play. Me & my partner are a force to reckon with. I find the lag happens more in warzone/execution then in wingman by far. Wingman happens to be the ****.

when it comes to exclusives, PS3 wins hands down

Uncharted 1/2, MGS4, Gran turismo, God of War series, Little Big Planet, soon to be mod racer nation.

360s exclusives are also for PC. mass effect 1/2, left 4 dead. only Gears and Halo are exclusive-ish(gears is for pc), but they dont even matter because best shooter is COD franchise and thats multi-platform.

Think of it this way, Xbox came out years after PS2, and they also released 360 before PS3. Xbox 360 is only built to last in the gaming world for another few years. Hence their Natal to give it a shot in the arm to last a little longer, making is 360 1/2.

where as the PS3 was built to last up to 15 years lol. It has enough horse power and future uprgrade ability that the 360 just doesnt have. 360 is cheap and easy for developers, but PS3 is really where the power behind consoles is. And with Uncharted 2 proving it with the latest rendering techniques only seen on PC so far, running at smooth frame rate.

Not to mention with 360s short life, its just a crappy piece of hardware physically. it just over heats, its a piece of junk. but I know dev kits are a third of the price of ps3 lol.

I think the 2 are even right now. 360 had the edge at the begining of 09, but ps3 had a strong F-in finish and took the year for ps3. 2010 should be interesting.

when it comes to exclusives' date=' PS3 wins hands down

Uncharted 1/2, MGS4, Gran turismo, God of War series, Little Big Planet, soon to be mod racer nation.[/u']

360s exclusives are also for PC. mass effect 1/2, left 4 dead. only Gears and Halo are exclusive-ish(gears is for pc), but they dont even matter because best shooter is COD franchise and thats multi-platform.

Think of it this way, Xbox came out years after PS2, and they also released 360 before PS3. Xbox 360 is only built to last in the gaming world for another few years. Hence their Natal to give it a shot in the arm to last a little longer, making is 360 1/2.

where as the PS3 was built to last up to 15 years lol. It has enough horse power and future uprgrade ability that the 360 just doesnt have. 360 is cheap and easy for developers, but PS3 is really where the power behind consoles is. And with Uncharted 2 proving it with the latest rendering techniques only seen on PC so far, running at smooth frame rate.

Not to mention with 360s short life, its just a crappy piece of hardware physically. it just over heats, its a piece of junk. but I know dev kits are a third of the price of ps3 lol.

I think the 2 are even right now. 360 had the edge at the begining of 09, but ps3 had a strong F-in finish and took the year for ps3. 2010 should be interesting.

For the underlined, it's preference. Yes, a lot of 360 exclusives are on PC because it's Microsoft. Which ones you prefer is opinion. I prefer Forza over GT. But that's just me.

For the bolded. This is false. The chief architect of both processors for the consoles says so himself.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/945/945812p1.html

The PS3 is undeniably more powerful, but to say the 360 will basically be obsolete is ridiculous.

PS3 def stole 2009. 2010 is full of monster titles on both consoles. GOTY is going to be hectic. But my money is on Mass Effect 2.

the 360 hands down. The glitch is not because of the 360 it is because MoH : Airborne sucks. If you want a good shooter you cant go wrong with Call of Duty.

+1000000000000000000000000000 xbox 360

as for systems technically speaking the PS3 is the best - capability wise, it had a terrible start on the market though but is picking up some grea speed.

i'd never turn my back on my xbox though.

360, even though mine just got the open tray error.

Reason? Halo. Halo reach is going to be the biggest game of the 2010. You think mw2 was big? You can't compete with halo.

i know several people who used to own ps3's but are now 360 owners thats why my obvious opinion is the 360 you pay 4 what you get at the end of the day and live is better than psn FACT