Sign in to follow this  
ptokich

australian fighters???

just wondering what do people think about australian mixed martial artists? coming from australia ilike to support people like george sotiropoulos. also i would like australians to follow mma more. we had a succesful show at 110 but the fighters coming out dont look too great(perosh for example against cro cop). what do you think?

G-Sot has alot of potential but I don't think he's ready for a title shot yet. Needs to definetly refine his stand up more.

Australians are good at every sport wheather it be cricket,field hockey, rugby they have been the most dominent team in cricket since forever, aussies will do well in mma

Cricket and both codes of rugby will always be the Aussies first love.But after 110 im sure it will get more popular.

I was a HUGE Rugby League fan. But I must say that passion has almost completely gone (which is kinda sad lol) nothing compares to MMA now it is King.

the talent pool in australia is not to far behind asia,uk and usa,george sotoroplois is a prime example,my thoughts on perosh he has a heart but not the skill to match it,quote me if im wrong but has he ever won a bout in ufc?last i remeber he got knocked out by jeff monson?soa pellalei sorry if i spelt it wrong lacked the big stage performance,haseman to old,sinosic the same as perosh,all i seen sinosic do is get smashed while someone is in his guard,james te huna got talent but i think he lacks a good chin,i seen him get flash knockouts so many times,check his match with hector lombard,hector lombard has great skill but i think he is american based in australia,and now we have a guy from queensland on the next series of tuf...good luck mate aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

Australians are good at every sport wheather it be cricket' date='field hockey, rugby they have been the most dominent team in cricket since forever, aussies [b']will[/b] do well in mma

aussies can do well in mma but the sport is not big enough in teenagers and young adults(next generation). being an average aussie teenager i dont know anyone that is practising a martial art seriously. plenty of people do karate or tae kwn do but for self defense. and most people play soccer ar rugby.

In Australia we get very little MMA, UFC, SF, WEA or any form of MMA. Mostly boxing & a bit of kick boxing. If we could get more MMA exposure on tv, it would be a lot bigger than it is now. It has picked up in the last 12 months but we need more!!!!

I'm an aussie and i am looking forward to seeing Kyle Noke at tuf 11. His got experience and skills and could be the next big aussie thing. Perosh and Sinosic are my trainers at the gym and they are very nice dudes and btw anthony got like a 3 fight contract with the ufc after 110. (quote me if i'm wrong)

In Australia we get very little MMA' date=' UFC, SF, WEA or any form of MMA. Mostly boxing & a bit of kick boxing. If we could get more MMA exposure on tv, it would be a lot bigger than it is now. It has picked up in the last 12 months but we need more!!!![/quote']

do you watch fuel tv, fox sports, channel one or channel 7? there's quite alot of mma on aussie tv now. The sport keeps on growing and growing.

I was a HUGE Rugby League fan. But I must say that passion has almost completely gone (which is kinda sad lol) nothing compares to MMA now it is King.

passion almost completely gone from rugby league??? what u talkin? u must b watching the superleague cos there's plenty passion in the NRL & then there's state of origin! give yourself an uppercut.

James Te-Huna with better stand up could do some damage. Strong kiwi fighting out of Australia.

In Australia we get very little MMA' date=' UFC, SF, WEA or any form of MMA. Mostly boxing & a bit of kick boxing. If we could get more MMA exposure on tv, it would be a lot bigger than it is now. It has picked up in the last 12 months but we need more!!!![/quote']

agreed but the times are always changing and most of it is second rate BS. no ufc except highlights on one hd every few daysat 10.30-11.30

There are a few aussie fighters that could compete in the ufc, watch some cfc, we have fighters that have beaten ufc vets

There are a few aussie fighters that could compete in the ufc' date=' watch some cfc, we have fighters that have beaten ufc vets[/quote']

i hate cfc its mosty bogans in it but ur rite theres some good fighters

G-Sot has alot of potential but I don't think he's ready for a title shot yet. Needs to definetly refine his stand up more.

+1,

USA and Brazil will not dominate forever in the ufc (sorry gsp) th UK, Germany, Japan all have big following, no reason why you Ozzies cannot make an impact in future as well. Soto is a good fighter

just wondering what do people think about australian mixed martial artists? coming from australia ilike to support people like george sotiropoulos. also i would like australians to follow mma more. we had a succesful show at 110 but the fighters coming out dont look too great(perosh for example against cro cop). what do you think?

australia is the best sporting nation among every country.. we only have a population of 20 mil yet we beat america in like every sport.. if MMA kicks in which i reakon it will in australia we will have some of the best fighters in the world..

australia is the best sporting nation among every country.. we only have a population of 20 mil yet we beat america in like every sport.. if MMA kicks in which i reakon it will in australia we will have some of the best fighters in the world..

agreed. i reckon australia could dominate every division in mma bt it wil take some time to kick in

God only knows how they learn to fight upside down.

+1' date='

USA and Brazil will not dominate forever in the ufc (sorry gsp) th UK, Germany, Japan all have big following, no reason why you Ozzies cannot make an impact in future as well. Soto is a good fighter[/quote']

GSP is from Canada but you were close.

agreed. i reckon australia could dominate every division in mma bt it wil take some time to kick in

That's one of the funniest things I've on these forums.

this too.

Curious...Does Georges Sot train in Aussieland or somewhere else? I think I remember seeing something on that but I can't remember.

I ask because I know alot of british fighters fight out of the U.S right now.

Curious...Does Georges Sot train in Aussieland or somewhere else? I think I remember seeing something on that but I can't remember.

I ask because I know alot of british fighters fight out of the U.S right now.

he lives in washington now and trains there. And i heard he trains at 10th planet jiu jitsu with eddie bravo.

he lives in washington now and trains there. And i heard he trains at 10th planet jiu jitsu with eddie bravo.

Thank you, I wasn't sure where so I didn't want to speculate and say false things.

I lolled. His standup was his most dominant part of his last fight. But yes, he doesnt deserve a title shot yet, definitely looks like Maynard vs Sotiropoulos.

I lolled. His standup was his most dominant part of his last fight. But yes' date=' he doesnt deserve a title shot yet, definitely looks like Maynard vs Sotiropoulos.[/quote']

Ummm...no his most dominant part was on the ground.

please stfu you nerd

omg im a nerd because i asked something soooooo eassssssyyyyyyyy im sorry a big word hurt your feelings.