Sign in to follow this  
jamieMGS

New 'Alien' film! YESSSSSS!

I just saw on MTV news that Ridley Scott is going to be doing a prequel to 'Alien'. And its going to be in 3D.

Now usually I dont get excited for a sequel to a film that was done ages ago because it is usually crap and just something to make money.

BUT Ridley Scott is doing it(he did the original alien).

So who else is as pumped as i am? Sorry if its old buts its the first ive heard of it.

I wonder if they are using some of the old "Dark Horse" comics as the basis for the story? There wee some very good stories in some of those comics.

I for one am a huge fan of all things "Alien", Ridley Scott, or H.R. Geiger. I hope Scott uses the Geiger influence for the visuals again.

I wonder if they are using some of the old "Dark Horse" comics as the basis for the story? There wee some very good stories in some of those comics.

I for one am a huge fan of all things "Alien"' date=' Ridley Scott, or H.R. Geiger. I hope Scott uses the Geiger influence for the visuals again.[/quote']

yeah totally agree.

http://www.shadowlocked.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115:exclusive-alien-prequel-will-be-3d&catid=38:movie-news

here is an interview, there may be better but i thought i would put this one up.

I just saw on MTV news that Ridley Scott is going to be doing a prequel to 'Alien'. And its going to be in 3D.

Now usually I dont get excited for a sequel to a film that was done ages ago because it is usually crap and just something to make money.

BUT Ridley Scott is doing it(he did the original alien).

So who else is as pumped as i am? Sorry if its old buts its the first ive heard of it.

hell yea the alien trilogy is awesome. theres also going to be another Predator movie!!!coming out this year in july!!! hell yea predator all the way. go to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1424381/ for more info on the predator movie if interested.

This should be pretty interesting, im a fan of the alien series. Im also a fan of predator, but the avp movies were just terrible.

I think that the idea of avp was cool but the visuals were awful, i couldnt even tell what was happening most of the time. It had a good back story but once again, the actual movies sucked.

Ha that's something I've learnt today: Ridley Scott only done the first Alien film, I thought he made them all lol.

Yeah lookin' forward to it likewise with the new Predator film - man, they need Arnie back "you're one ugle mofo".

[EDIT] Cause he did say he'll be back lol.

Ha that's something I've learnt today: Ridley Scott only done the first Alien film' date=' I thought he made them all lol.

Yeah lookin' forward to it likewise with the new Predator film - man, they need Arnie back "you're one ugle mofo".

[EDIT'] Cause he did say he'll be back lol.

James cameron(titanic,avatar) did 'aliens'.

I would love for james cameron to help out. Since it was his visions that brought the iconic marines into the alien world.

Not to mention Camerons experience with sterioscopic 3D.

But I love Scotts style, and im going to be one of the nerds waiting in line for the Imax version when this thing comes out.

Did they say how much work has been done? and when it will be released? couldnt be for a couple more years at least.

Between Scott and Cameron:

Alien - RS

Aliens - JC

Blade Runner - RS

Gladiator - RS

Kingdom of Heaven

Terminator - JC

Terminator 2 - JC

American Gangster - RS

Titanic - JC

Body of Lies - RS

Robin Hood - RS

Abyss - JC

True Lies - JC

Aliens' date=' the second one, is my all time favourite film. hopefully this one isn't a giant turd like the last one.[/quote']

It's deffo in my top 10 films of all time - I didn't mind the last one to be honest.

I would love for james cameron to help out. Since it was his visions that brought the iconic marines into the alien world.

Not to mention Camerons experience with sterioscopic 3D.

But I love Scotts style' date=' and im going to be one of the nerds waiting in line for the Imax version when this thing comes out.

Did they say how much work has been done? and when it will be released? couldnt be for a couple more years at least.

Between Scott and Cameron:

Alien - RS

Aliens - JC

Blade Runner - RS

Gladiator - RS

Kingdom of Heaven

Terminator - JC

Terminator 2 - JC

American Gangster - RS

Titanic - JC

Body of Lies - RS

Robin Hood - RS

Abyss - JC

True Lies - JC[/quote']

Yes they are excellent directors, Ridley is my personal fave though.

Alien Prequel (Alien 5)

546775_main.jpg

Date Released: Unknown?

Directed By: Ridley Scott

Certificate: Unknown?

Tagline: Unknown?

Length: Unknown?

Starring: Unknown?

Budget: Unknown?

Release Date:

The release date is unknown at the moment. If Predators is coming out in 2010, I?d say it will be at least 2011 before we see the Prequel released.

Cast: Sigourney Weaver has said she won?t be returning in the prequel

Storyline: Ridley Scott Talks Alien Prequel

Ridley Scott has finally spoken about the upcoming Alien prequel for the first time in an interview with Empire. The article implies that they won?t revisit LV-426 or the space jockeys in the prequel. The story will take place about 30 years before Alien, however.

Since the prequel was announced, it?s been assumed that it would tell the story of how those nasty, slavering xenomorphs came to land on LV-426 in the first place. But after listening to Sir Ridley, suddenly we?re not so sure?

?It?s a brand new box of tricks,?? said Sir Ridley. ?We know what the road map is, and the screenplay is now being put on paper. The prequel will be a while ago. It?s very difficult to put a year on Alien, but [for example] if Alien was towards the end of this century, then the prequel story will take place thirty years prior.??

Interesting. And damned intriguing, to boot. Presumably, rather than make a film about how those massive elephantine aliens (remember the giant pilot with his chest blown outwards in Sir Ridley?s original?) were decimated by the acid-blooded bastards, Sir Ridley and his writer, Jon Spaihts, have decided to reboot the story in an attempt to give it a human focus.

?I never thought I?d look forward to a sequel,?? said Sir Ridley. ?But a prequel is kind of interesting. I?m looking forward to doing that.??

==========================

Alien Prequel To Be 3D?

Alien 5 News | Posted by Corporal Hicks on 05 Mar 2010 07:44 GMT

There is an article up at Shadowlocked confirming Ridley?s new Alien prequel will be shot in 3D:

?Ridley told me some of his ideas when we were here in Toronto. He has a very clear understanding of where this should go. They kind of stopped dead one of the greatest horror franchises there?s ever been, and it had legs to go on. So I?m hoping he?ll revive another three. The world certainly wants it, and the fans want it ? everybody.?

The article only says briefly that Ridley confirmed it to Roger Christian and talks a fair bit about Christian. With Avatar having recently brought 3D into the mainstream, it may not be such a bad thing. I?ll let you guys decide. Thanks to Darkoo for the heads up.

==========================================

Link: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/category/alien-5-news/

==========================================

I'm gutted Sigourney's not gonna be in it - but I can't wait for the god damn film.