Sign in to follow this  
Aaron91

Michael Bisping Vs Dan Miller UFC 114

Denis Kang has a black belt in BJJ and Bisping overwhelmed him on the ground

True, but did you see the way that Miller held his own against the best BJJ guy in the MMA on the ground??

Bisping may win by decision, but he has little chance of winning by TKO or KO. Miller is too crafty. Kang may have been overwhelmed by Bisping, but he was clearly gassed and out of shape IMO. Miller looked great, on the ground, against Maia. Who knows, he could catch Bisping off guard. Either way, this will be an entertaining fight.

True' date=' but did you see the way that Miller held his own against the best BJJ guy in the MMA on the ground??[/quote']

He was impressive on the ground against maia granted, but i think bisping would still overwhelm him with gnp

He was impressive on the ground against maia granted' date=' but i think bisping would still overwhelm him with gnp[/quote']

I don't, I think that he'll be over agressive looking to finish because he doesn't want another close fight going to the judges scorecards, and get caught

I don't' date=' I think that he'll be over agressive looking to finish because he doesn't want another close fight going to the judges scorecards, and get caught[/quote']

sounds like a sig bet too me :P

He was impressive on the ground against maia granted' date=' but i think bisping would still overwhelm him with gnp[/quote']

I don't think he looked impressive as Maia stated he made that fight harder for himself by fighting stand-up for two rounds.

if Maia wanted to play BJJ in that fight, he would have submited Miller no issue.

Bisping takes this. His standup is much better than Maia's and Maia beat Miller standing. Bisping has good enough takedown defense to keep it standing, but should it go to the floor, Bisping would be active enough in Millers guard to prevent a sub and getting a TKO via GNP. Miller spent most of the Sonnen fight on his back and lost via UD.

I don't think he looked impressive as Maia stated he made that fight harder for himself by fighting stand-up for two rounds.

if Maia wanted to play BJJ in that fight' date=' he would have submited Miller no issue.[/quote']

When you're watching the fight, you see how he's really good with the butterfly and controlling Maia's body until he found the space to get up. He tried passing his guard and didn't (i'm not saying he couldn't) but he didn't.

I don't know how but Bisping will win this one. I still think he should change up his trainig camp, for some reason he looks a little gun shy sometimes.

When you're watching the fight' date=' you see how he's really good with the butterfly and controlling Maia's body until he found the space to get up. He tried passing his guard and didn't (i'm not saying he couldn't) but he didn't.[/quote']

im not disregarding a COUPLE things he did right, i actually watched that fight last night so its fresh in my brain

maia wasn't using his BJJ to submit in that match though is what Im saying, Maia SAID it himself he made the fight harder by doing stand-up. Miller did get back up to his feet once quickly after a takedown and used butterfly gaurd a couple times for elevation as Maia was working GnP, not BJJ.

maia wasn't playing his BJJ is what my point was, and for some reason just because Miller got his Black Belt just before the fight, ppl think his Jiu-Jitsu looked amazing when in reality Maia wasn't using alot of BJJ at all in that match, alot of stand-up and wrestling gnp. Maia isn't a wrestler so of course Miller did a few things right with Maia in his gaurd

Get off the forum you stupid brits' date='

Michael Bisping is so overrated, Dan Miller will pull off the sub[/quote']

-1 people can cheer for who they want no matter their origin (not from the uk btw)

Shhh' date=' grown ups are talking.[/quote']

+1

I just hope that Bisping never wins again and gets fired from the UFC eventually...sadly this will probably never be the case. He is and I have said it before my least favorite fighter. Sardine and Mir next but not even close to Bisping.

This is a very good fight, some good, solid competition for Bisping and an opportunity for him to show that he can hang with some of the tougher fighters in the division. A win over Miller would be a big feather in his cap and I think he has a solid chance of winning this fight. If he can start throwing more into his punches and generally improving explosiveness, I think his chances are excellent. I'd give this to Bisping by either TKO or decision.