Sign in to follow this  
Jack2Bowl

Carwin will destroy Mir, enough said.

Mir is nothing compared to Carwin. Mir couldn't even get out of the first round from a guy who couldn't even handle Keith Jardine. Enough said. Need more? Ian Freeman is much worst than Gonzaga, yet Carwin destroyed him faster than Mir choked out Kongo.

carwin will be lucky to survive the first round, he has no advantage in this fight, he was getting tooled by gabe until gabe got sloppy,

carwin has fought no-one imo hes probably the 5th ranked HW in the ufc, his punches are so predictable and a good boxer with head movent will avoid his robotic punches and pick him apart.

mir is the one to do this.

Mir is nothing compared to Carwin. Mir couldn't even get out of the first round from a guy who couldn't even handle Keith Jardine. Enough said. Need more? Ian Freeman is much worst than Gonzaga' date=' yet Carwin destroyed him faster than Mir choked out Kongo.[/quote']

Smoking crack is bad for you.

Just one question for all you Carwin guys...

Who the hell has Carwin fought?

No really "Nuff Said"

who has mir fought a sick nog, a ****y kongo with no ground game,an a undertrained lesner-we all saw what a lesner trained enough can do mush face mir hehe,oh an mir got knocked out by a guy who wasnt even supose to be a heavyweight.if carwin catches him,which he will its lights out mir plus mir sorta chin-e so carwin by knockout:D

who has mir fought a sick nog' date=' a ****y kongo with no ground game,an a undertrained lesner-we all saw what a lesner trained enough can do mush face mir hehe,oh an mir got knocked out by a guy who wasnt even supose to be a heavyweight.if carwin catches him,which he will its lights out mir plus mir sorta chin-e so carwin by knockout:D[/quote']

lol, guess nog was sick v cain aswell

lol' date=' guess nog was sick v cain aswell[/quote']

nope just agianst mir. cain i think would knock mirs chin off an im not even a cain fan get with it man nog was sick then u just hate that mir beat a sick nog an not a healthy one so that makes him good how. yea i beat big nog -mir cough*sick nog-dana

No Nog made no excuses he said he was 100% against Cain. He has a point about Mirs recent submissions though. His last 3 submissions in order was Antoni Hardonk who is a kickboxer with no ground game. As much as I hate Brock a green Lesnar with only 1 fight over a can and Brock just gave him that leg. Anybody could've caught that one and again I despise Lesnar and would like to bash him for getting caught but he was hammering Mir until a questionable stand up, he was just too wreckless as well as it being his first legit fight. Anyway on to Kongo much like Hardonk a kickboxer with no ground game.

Now on to Carwin. Div 2 champ with a purple belt in jits, hits like a truck and we know he has a chin and good recovery time to eat 3 right hands back to back to back from a 260 pound Gabe Gonzaga who hits hard. Trains with Jacksons camp which is a plus but Mir trains with very good guys as well.

Anyway personally I think it has war written all over it. It's not just for an interim belt but for a shot at Lesnar which both want. I'd say its not a stretch though that Mir wants Lesnar more considering how obsessed he is with him but that in itself could play against him worrying about Brock. Carwins goal isn't just beating Brock Lesnar because he was made a fool out of this past July it's about becoming UFC Heavyweight Champion.

No Nog made no excuses he said he was 100% against Cain. He has a point about Mirs recent submissions though. His last 3 submissions in order was Antoni Hardonk who is a kickboxer with no ground game. As much as I hate Brock a green Lesnar with only 1 fight over a can and Brock just gave him that leg. Anybody could've caught that one and again I despise Lesnar and would like to bash him for getting caught but he was hammering Mir until a questionable stand up' date=' he was just too wreckless as well as it being his first legit fight. Anyway on to Kongo much like Hardonk a kickboxer with no ground game.

Now on to Carwin. Div 2 champ with a purple belt in jits, hits like a truck and we know he has a chin and good recovery time to eat 3 right hands back to back to back from a 260 pound Gabe Gonzaga who hits hard. Trains with Jacksons camp which is a plus but Mir trains with very good guys as well.

Anyway personally I think it has war written all over it. It's not just for an interim belt but for a shot at Lesnar which both want. I'd say its not a stretch though that Mir wants Lesnar more considering how obsessed he is with him but that in itself could play against him worrying about Brock. Carwins goal isn't just beating Brock Lesnar because he was made a fool out of this past July it's about becoming UFC Heavyweight Champion.[/quote']

+1

mir is muched improved though. When have you seen kongo get caught besides from mir. cro cop couldnt do nothing, cain got outsrtiked by kongo, but mir hit kongo so hard kongo fell on his side. sure he didnt knock em out but he played it smart with the submission. im not saying carwin sucks im just saying mir is good.

mir is muched improved though. When have you seen kongo get caught besides from mir. cro cop couldnt do nothing' date=' cain got outsrtiked by kongo, but mir hit kongo so hard kongo fell on his side. sure he didnt knock em out but he played it smart with the submission. im not saying carwin sucks im just saying mir is good.[/quote']

Gilbert Yvel actually knocked Kongo the hell out before Kongo was in the UFC but Kongos win over Mirko via like 4 knees to the groin doesn't mean much to me especially since Mirko has never been the same since coming to the cage and was just coming off getting KTFO against Gonzaga. There should've been a point deduction in the fight and ruled a draw. Ortiz grabs the fence twice against Rashad and loses a point which is understandable but you can repeatedly knee someone in the nuts and not lose one? Kongo then went on to knee and kick several other people in the groin. Hes a dirty fighter IMO and in the end even Kongos stand up is overrated all of his big time knockouts are mostly over cans. Yeah he tagged and dropped Cain but Cain is someone who has a lot of time to focus on improving his striking since then considering he has a ground game.

In the end Frank Mir is actually the best striker Kongo has faced since Mirko and he caught him with a straight left and dropped him. It happens nice quick win for Mir but its over someone who isn't even a top 20 HW

Mir is nothing compared to Carwin. Mir couldn't even get out of the first round from a guy who couldn't even handle Keith Jardine. Enough said. Need more? Ian Freeman is much worst than Gonzaga' date=' yet Carwin destroyed him faster than Mir choked out Kongo.[/quote']

again the un-knowledgeble speek,

frank lost to vera shortly after returning from what could have been a career ending accident, it's not something you can bring into this disscussion ,

brock may have similar problems on his return, frank didn't just punch congo he used foot work and movement to create angles, fainted with the right and landed a killer left ,

carwin just has power no head movement, sure he has that one punch ko power and caught gonzaga flush but then gonzaga isn't the boxer mir is, this fight could go either way and if it is down to who can land that first big shot then my moneys on the guy with the best movement which is mir although carwin has every chance of catching mir and knocking him out which in my book makes for an exciting match. which ever way it goes it wont goto the judges.

nope

I am stoked for this fight. I think it cvould either way and no outcome will surprise me. Have to give the edge to Mir in terms of experience and in having faced and beaten many of the elite. Carwin impressed me with the gonzaga win in terms of getting completely rocked by a moose and jumping back up and utilizing his KO power. Flip a coin on this one. For the sake of a pick I'm going to say Carwin by KO in the first.

No Nog made no excuses he said he was 100% against Cain. He has a point about Mirs recent submissions though. His last 3 submissions in order was Antoni Hardonk who is a kickboxer with no ground game. As much as I hate Brock a green Lesnar with only 1 fight over a can and Brock just gave him that leg. Anybody could've caught that one and again I despise Lesnar and would like to bash him for getting caught but he was hammering Mir until a questionable stand up' date=' he was just too wreckless as well as it being his first legit fight. Anyway on to Kongo much like Hardonk a kickboxer with no ground game.

Anyway personally I think it has war written all over it. It's not just for an interim belt but for a shot at Lesnar which both want. I'd say its not a stretch though that Mir wants Lesnar more considering how obsessed he is with him but that in itself could play against him worrying about Brock. Carwins goal isn't just beating Brock Lesnar because he was made a fool out of this past July it's about becoming UFC Heavyweight Champion.[/quote']

carwin had a black belt, started training under Nate the great and gave it up out of respect for Nate, carwin is no joke, hes been with an Olympic strength and conditioning coach for a year, cant wait to see how it goes

I think everyone has forgot that carwin is a great wrestler' date=' that could be a big factor in this fight[/quote']

hes wrestling is overrated.not even close Lesnars level what comes to wrestling.

hes wrestling is overrated.not even close Lesnars level what comes to wrestling.

do you know anything about carwins wrestling or are u just too stupid too look into it?

Carwin wrestled in college, becoming a two-time NCAA Division II Wrestling National Runner-Up Heavyweight in 1996-7 and the NCAA II Wrestling Heavyweight National Champion in 1999

so im guessing this is overrated then?

do you know anything about carwins wrestling or are u just too stupid too look into it?

Carwin wrestled in college' date=' becoming a two-time NCAA Division II Wrestling National Runner-Up Heavyweight in 1996-7 and the NCAA II Wrestling Heavyweight National Champion in 1999

so im guessing this is overrated then?[/quote']

HAHAHA

there is a big difference between Division 2 and Division 1.

Frank Mir cannot lose until he fights Lesnar again. His stand up is massively better than Carwin's. His ground game is flashy, speedy and outta nowhere. Either way you look at it... On the feet or off the feet, Mir is better. The only way he loses... He wont lose. Ive never been more sure of this. If Im wrong, then Ill eat my words.

I agree Mir lost to Vera and Freeman, he cant beat Carwin.

another idiot....

Just one question for all you Carwin guys...

Who the hell has Carwin fought?

No really "Nuff Said"

one anwser who has beat carwin?

who is ian freeman? a 5'11 220 guy who koed frank mir.

whos Marico Cruz? anthoer nobody who finished Mir.

Brandon Vera, lost to Jardine knocked out Mir.

Its not about who you faught its about how you do, Carwin hasnt lost to nobodys hes knocked them out in 2 mintues, Mir has lost to nobodys.

I find it funny Frank hates Brock because if it wasnt for Brock Frank would have no career, he would have beaten a old and out of his prime Nog and thats it, unless you think tappin Sylvia is something, maybe if he koed him.

HAHAHA

there is a big difference between Division 2 and Division 1.

No doubt but too still say his wrestling is over rated is abit silly isnt it, the guys a good wrestler thats a fact, but not as good as lesnar, i wasnt saying he is the best, just saying he is a pretty decent wrestler who would be able too take mir down if he wanted too

Mir's stand up is too sharp for Carwin. Sure he has KO power but Mir is no dummy and is not going to stand right in front of him. I am betting Mir by TKO or sub in the first....

carwin had a black belt' date=' started training under Nate the great and gave it up out of respect for Nate, carwin is no joke, hes been with an Olympic strength and conditioning coach for a year, cant wait to see how it goes[/quote']

I'm going to have to call BS on the black belt thing. If you could link a source showing where Carwin got his McBlackbelt from before 'giving it up' that would be fantastic.

mir will drop and GnP carwin to a tko victory. quote me on this people.

I totally agree...

Carwin does not have any big advantages over Mir.. My best GUESS is that he will bang for a while and will get beaten the fu** up.. Then he will shot for takedowns which probably will not work very well.. And if the fight ever goes to the ground then Mir will probably reverse him and gnp him..

Teh size thing should also mean a lot less not than in Mir vs lesnar since Mir is bulking up and is (very likely) training "anti-wrestling" with huge guys now..

I like Carwin, but after watching all his UFC fights i do not see anything that screams contender...

But the irony is that i feel Carwin will probably have an easyer fight with Lesnar than with Mir... Since he matches much better up against a big wrestler than a big bjj fighter...

carwin will be lucky to survive the first round' date=' he has no advantage in this fight, he was getting tooled by gabe until gabe got sloppy,

carwin has fought no-one imo hes probably the 5th ranked HW in the ufc, his punches are so predictable and a good boxer with head movent will avoid his robotic punches and pick him apart.

mir is the one to do this.[/quote']

At the time Gabe was number1 contender. So be quiet.

You guys said that when Frank fought Brock again the same result will happen.

That's what you all said about Brock and Brock dominated him. What's your excuse for that?

Car-WIN will KO Frank Mir.

who has mir fought a sick nog' date=' a ****y kongo with no ground game,an a undertrained lesner-we all saw what a lesner trained enough can do mush face mir hehe,oh an mir got knocked out by a guy who wasnt even supose to be a heavyweight.if carwin catches him,which he will its lights out mir plus mir sorta chin-e so carwin by knockout:D[/quote']

Win comment.

nope just agianst mir. cain i think would knock mirs chin off an im not even a cain fan get with it man nog was sick then u just hate that mir beat a sick nog an not a healthy one so that makes him good how. yea i beat big nog -mir cough*sick nog-dana

Anybody would had gotten KO'd by Cain's punch. That was a world class boxer punch that he threw.

Brown belt in Juijutsu.

I agree Car-WIN will WIN.

No doubt but too still say his wrestling is over rated is abit silly isnt it' date=' the guys a good wrestler thats a fact, but not as good as lesnar, i wasnt saying he is the best, just saying he is a pretty decent wrestler who would be able too take mir down if he wanted too[/quote']

put it this way, Carwins wrestling is nothing to boast about. i would go as far to say its bad, but nothing impressive. Cain and Lesnar have the best wrestling in the UFCs HW division.

Frank Mir cannot lose until he fights Lesnar again. His stand up is massively better than Carwin's. His ground game is flashy' date=' speedy and outta nowhere. Either way you look at it... On the feet or off the feet, Mir is better. The only way he loses... He wont lose. Ive never been more sure of this. If Im wrong, then Ill eat my words.[/quote']

Get ready with a spoon.