Sign in to follow this  
MusicIzMySavior

Photo: Nate Diaz Bulking Up For Welterweight Debut

i like the guy. never had a problem with anything he did on TUF. don't see why anybody thinks he has a poor attitude. i've never seen him be disrespectful to any opponent or anybody during interviews (outside of gray, because gray was acting a fool during that fight anyways Ps. gray lost IMHO)

who will be Nates 1st opponent @ WW?

i like the guy. never had a problem with anything he did on TUF. don't see why anybody thinks he has a poor attitude. i've never seen him be disrespectful to any opponent or anybody during interviews (outside of gray' date=' because gray was acting a fool during that fight anyways Ps. gray lost IMHO)

who will be Nates 1st opponent @ WW?[/quote']

he wants parysian bad, hopefully dana brings karo back for one fight with nate

A lot of people think he's much lighter then he actually is and is capable of being bigger because he is just as tall as his brother. He was on a very low calorie diet to make 155 the reports is after fights he would get up to 185+ but when you see him in fights hes actually still dehydrated at 155 and because he probably only gets back up to maybe 175 tops overnight.

Nick is about 195 now and he use to be like nate was when they were both 21, 22. Probably 175ish Nick didnt cut much to fight at WW early in his career but now he does. Nate cut a decent amount on TUF 155 but was 21 or 22. At 24 or 25 hes getting bigger like most. A lot of the young fighters in certain weightclasses days will be numbered. Thiago Alves and Anthony Johnson struggle with 170 in their mid 20s no way they can make it in their 30s probably even sooner then that for Johnson. He should go up now instead of wasting his time cutting unhealthy amounts of weight even if he got to a title fight he would have to knock georges out in the first round or he would gas from the weight cut and GSPs pace.

A lot of people think he's much lighter then he actually is and is capable of being bigger because he is just as tall as his brother. He was on a very low calorie diet to make 155 the reports is after fights he would get up to 185+ but when you see him in fights hes actually still dehydrated at 155 and because he probably only gets back up to maybe 175 tops overnight.

Nick is about 195 now and he use to be like nate was when they were both 21' date=' 22. Probably 175ish Nick didnt cut much to fight at WW early in his career but now he does. Nate cut a decent amount on TUF 155 but was 21 or 22. At 24 or 25 hes getting bigger like most. A lot of the young fighters in certain weightclasses days will be numbered. Thiago Alves and Anthony Johnson struggle with 170 in their mid 20s no way they can make it in their 30s probably even sooner then that for Johnson. He should go up now instead of wasting his time cutting unhealthy amounts of weight even if he got to a title fight he would have to knock georges out in the first round or he would gas from the weight cut and GSPs pace.[/quote']

I never actually really thought about it like that, makes sence though. How do you think Nate will do at WW imo he looks like hes packin it on fairly well.

he should be like his brother..ppl who rely 2 much on their ground game lose...and arent complete fighters...these jui jitsu guys think their tough, once they get punched in the face they change..look at cain and big nog..big nog been training for over a decade but his stand up sucks...cain for a couple of years...jui jitsu is over rated in my opinion

he should be like his brother..ppl who rely 2 much on their ground game lose...and arent complete fighters...these jui jitsu guys think their tough' date=' once they get punched in the face they change..look at cain and big nog..big nog been training for over a decade but his stand up sucks...cain for a couple of years...jui jitsu is over rated in my opinion[/quote']

whoa whoa whoa slow down BJJ overrated you gotta be kidding me? First the fight never even hit the ground and second Nogs stand up doesn't suck hes just slowed down from so many wars and so much damage hes taken over the years. Nog has been in 40 wars where cain has had 7 fights in which the only time hes been hit was by kongo and he couldnt finish off no ground game kongo. Cain is just the young lion that hasn't taken the punishment and hes younger and faster.

BJJ overrated is ridiculous though theres a ton of sick submissions every year. Plus it helps to know it for submission defense. Nate subbed blackbelts back to back a couple years ago. Triangled Pelligrino. His brother Nick landed a gogoplata on gomi. You don't see too many of those. Sorry but as a blue belt I think that's total BS and a completely ridiculous statement.

Diaz should be good at welterweight.. i reakon throw him dustin hazelett.. would be a f***in good fight to watch as hazelett would probably outclass diaz on the ground and maybe diaz would have an advantage standing up...

but seriously how can you not love the diaz brothers? skillfull and entertaining

he should be like his brother..ppl who rely 2 much on their ground game lose...and arent complete fighters...these jui jitsu guys think their tough' date=' once they get punched in the face they change..look at cain and big nog..big nog been training for over a decade but his stand up sucks...cain for a couple of years...jui jitsu is over rated in my opinion[/quote']

you are off ya nut!!

he wants parysian bad' date=' hopefully dana brings karo back for one fight with nate[/quote']

i want to see that fight

stfu Gangs' date=' i didnt say jui jitsu is bad, its over rated just because u got some submission skills, that just wont do[/quote']

Demian Maia is doing pretty well. Saying that just jiu-jitsu won't go anywhere applies to every single discipline though, if you come in with just boxing, you'll get stomped, with just muay thai, you'll get stomped etc etc.

Diaz should be good at welterweight.. i reakon throw him dustin hazelett.. would be a f***in good fight to watch as hazelett would probably outclass diaz on the ground and maybe diaz would have an advantage standing up...

but seriously how can you not love the diaz brothers? skillfull and entertaining

i agree on both accounts...alotta good fights for diaz if he stays up at ww...

A guy who can;t beat Gray MAynard has no business jumping up to WW.

This is a mistake.

The guy is a natural LW.

He tapped Maynard out in the TUF5 semi finals and Nate didn't have a mark on his face and even sent out an offer for Maynard to post a picture of his face after this last bout but he wouldn't. Grey really didn't do that great in the fight

Nate is under-rated by far. People always look past his boxing, which is pretty damn good. Let alone he is probably the best on the ground in the UFC. He is still so young. Many years left in him.

Nate is under-rated by far. People always look past his boxing' date=' which is pretty damn good. Let alone he is probably the best on the ground in the UFC. He is still so young. Many years left in him.[/quote']

I wouldn't say he is the best on the ground by any means. Really not even close but I will say that without a doubt I think hes the best BROWN belt in the UFC because Cesar Gracie doesn't just hand belts out like the 2 blackbelts Alvin Robinson and Kurt Pelligrino that he triangled. Also was back to back fights which is pretty impressive.

You guys have to remember the guy is only 26, He could be the next Overeem.(lol only joking Overeem obviously uses steroids)

You guys have to remember the guy is only 26' date=' He could be the next Overeem.(lol only joking Overeem obviously uses steroids)[/quote']

Actually I think hes 24 going on 25 soon. Nick is 27 I believe and had a few years on Nate.

Correction I looked it up Nick is a little less then 2 years older still 26 until August but I was right about Nate he will be 25 next month.

Actually I think hes 24 going on 25 soon. Nick is 27 I believe and had a few years on Nate.

Correction I looked it up Nick is a little less then 2 years older still 26 until August but I was right about Nate he will be 25 next month.

You were right, mix him up with Nick...forever doing that. They look too similar...i demand they stop being brothers and Nate grows a hardy mohawk.

I don't see Nate cutting it at 170lbs. 170lbs has a much deeper and more skilled pool than 155 does, along with a lot of guys that KO people. Nate might be able to survive getting punched by guys at 155 but at 170 they start hitting much harder. I bet a couple more fights and Nate is gone and fighting in Strike Force or something with the rest of the the UFC has beens.