Sign in to follow this  
JuggaloB

Anderson vs. Wanderlei

Now that Wanderlei's moved down to middleweight, we could see this sometime in the near future. Who do you think would win? I'm going with Anderson, but I think it would be somewhat of a close fight though.

Wanderlei's got a better chin than Forrest...

yeah i think this would be like the marquart fight.. silva would have to pound him out, not just "paw" him haha.. but i think it would be the same result

wanderlies strikes are just to un orthodox, anderson would move away and counterstrike and technically pick him apart, just like leben, franklin ect.

the only way wanderlie could beet silva is on the feet and yet i dont see a chance of that happening.. Wanderlie vs Vitor would be a hell of a fight though..

my honest opinion is wanderlei (one of my most favourite fighters) would get smashed.

Styles make fights and wandy just doesn't have the right style to beat anderson.

In his reign of terror Wand consistently won using stomps, soccer kicks and knees in the clinch.

Neither of which he uses any more.

Even if he did i don't think he could use them effectively against anderson.

Hey people,

i really think Wanderlei would win. He?s not the best technical striker, but he knows when and where to punch. Anderson might be the best when it comes to striking, but he never had to fight a real hard fight.He never had to prove that he can survive relentless attacks like Wanderlei does. If Wanderlei can set Anderson under pressure and not run into his counters-Wanderlei will knock him out.

Hey people' date='

i really think Wanderlei would win. He?s not the best technical striker, but he knows when and where to punch. Anderson might be the best when it comes to striking, but he never had to fight a real hard fight.He never had to prove that he can survive relentless attacks like Wanderlei does. If Wanderlei can set Anderson under pressure and not run into his counters-Wanderlei will knock him out.[/quote']

Wand punches like a special-ed kid runs.....He puts his head down and brawls....Anderson will just sit back and pick him apart...I like Wand also....But lets be reasonable here dude

I think what you people not think about is the will of a fighter. Wand foght a lot of guys who had been betta on the paper. Me myself had lost of opponents who were like 50 pounds heavier or on head taller. You can get knocked down couple times and still stand up-

an that?s what Wand does. Anderson can knock him down, can dance, can do his ****y moves like he often does. But he can?t do it all the time, and we all know-

Wand just needs 1 hit. I don?t know how everybody is into Anderson that much.

I like his technique, but his way of fighting,i don?t like it. I don?t c dedication in his eyes.

Wanderlei has all it takes to be a fighter-and that is way more then technique..

I think what you people not think about is the will of a fighter. Wand foght a lot of guys who had been betta on the paper. Me myself had lost of opponents who were like 50 pounds heavier or on head taller. You can get knocked down couple times and still stand up-

an that?s what Wand does. Anderson can knock him down' date=' can dance, can do his ****y moves like he often does. But he can?t do it all the time, and we all know-

I like his technique, but his way of fighting,i don?t like it. I don?t c dedication in his eyes.

Wanderlei has all it takes to be a fighter-and that is way more then technique..[/quote']

Wand has more heart possiblly...But who are we to say Anderson has no desire to fight...Is it because he has fun in the Octagon before he destroys his opponent...If thats the case then Franklin, Henderson, Marquardt, Griffin(well maybe not griffin), and Cote all have more heart than Anderson...and we all saw how far their heart got them.

an that?s what Wand does. Anderson can knock him down' date=' can dance, can do his ****y moves like he often does. But he can?t do it all the time, and we all know-

Wanderlei has all it takes to be a fighter-and that is way more then technique..[/quote']

wow you really think that? wand just needs 1 hit? just like cote? just like leben? just like franklin? just like hendo?

i think anderson has more heart than alot of people.. fair enough he's ****y, but DUDE if i was that freaking good i'd be ****y too.. in his mind i believe his a level above the rest and has as much will as wanderlie.. sorry mate but i dont think he''d get out of the 2nd round

If Anderson Silva was some american bible belt good-ol-boy he would be proclaimed the greatest fighter ever and he wouldn't be called ****y, he'd be called confident. And when he did one of his little dances while destroying his opponent ever Coors Lite swilling, 2 digit IQ having, d-bag would go wild chanting "USA! USA!"

Sorry but it's true.

If Anderson Silva was some american bible belt good-ol-boy he would be proclaimed the greatest fighter ever and he wouldn't be called ****y' date=' he'd be called confident. And when he did one of his little dances while destroying his opponent ever Coors Lite swilling, 2 digit IQ having, d-bag would go wild chanting "USA! USA!"

Sorry but it's true.[/quote']

Agreed

i think the key to beating a silva is to pressure him, if wandy could get the pressure on him use the clinch put him on the cage and beat on him.

but i also think when or if anderson loses the belt he will leave the middlewight division

All i gotta say is fights are unpredictable everyone has a punchers chance ,if they stood toe to toe u never know what would happen i love em both and you just never know,one good punch kick or knee from either could end the fight , they know each other best and have knocked each other out in sparring so who knoes would be one hell of a fight but sad to see former training partners and friends fight

Silva/Silva

Book it Dana!

We all know wanderlei's an underdog but how cool would it be if he gets the upset and is the UFC Champion

If Anderson Silva was some american bible belt good-ol-boy he would be proclaimed the greatest fighter ever and he wouldn't be called ****y' date=' he'd be called confident. And when he did one of his little dances while destroying his opponent ever Coors Lite swilling, 2 digit IQ having, d-bag would go wild chanting "USA! USA!"

Sorry but it's true.[/quote']

Man you are an idiot. Way to represent America.