Sign in to follow this  
Jack2Bowl

Mariusz Pudzianowski in the UFC

If Mariusz Pudzianowski wins his next two fights against Robert Paczk?w on May 7th and Tim Sylvia on May 21st, do you think his next fight will take place inside the UFC?

Could you have not ressurrected a thread...pretty sure there are a few on them.

Possibly not get my hopes up with such a misleading thread title.

Super Mario is the man.

If Mariusz Pudzianowski wins his next two fights against Robert Paczk?w on May 7th and Tim Sylvia on May 21st' date=' do you think his next fight will take place inside the UFC?[/quote']

I certainly hope so. This guy is a freakin monster.

Didn't know he's fighting Tim Sylvia already, will be interesting to see how he does against a seasoned MMA fighter.

Robert Paczk?w is a newcomer?

I certainly hope so. This guy is a freakin monster.

Didn't know he's fighting Tim Sylvia already' date=' will be interesting to see how he does against a seasoned MMA fighter.

[b']Robert Paczk?w is a newcomer?[/b]

I believe so,

310 lbs and 6ft 2 in Sumo Wrestler.

I wonder if the same people who hate Lesnar because of his size advantage are going to hate Pudz?

Since he's not from WWE it might be different. But I wouldn't like him as a fighter...

How tall is Pudz? I know he's a freak when it comes to strength so the Sylvia fight would be a good test for him, but I think a couple more outside of the UFC would be better for him. But on the other hand he'll be a pretty good draw for a fight night or something.

He's a monster, but slow and overly muscular with tight joints. Put him in against a strong wrestler with quick hands and amazing agility and it's all over. Introduce him to Cain Valesquez and he'll quickly realize that his size and power doesn't mean much against skill, speed, and talent. He'll get Gnp or more likely submitted via arm bar, knee bar, or ankle lock. Otherwise, if you put him against B level fighters, he will overpower them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm6oh4wqTKg&feature=related

I saw this fight few months ago and Pudz seems extremely agile and light on his feet for his size.

He is in metric measurements: 186 cm tall and weighs 132 kg (in imperial it would be around 6'1'' and around 270 lbs).

I know he fought a can there but his kicks look devastating :)

I also say, few more fights and experience and then come to the UFC. He would make a more than interesting match up with Brock.

Cheers

I saw this fight few months ago and Pudz seems extremely agile and light on his feet for his size.

He is in metric measurements: 186 cm tall and weighs 132 kg (in imperial it would be around 6'1'' and around 270 lbs).

I also say' date=' few more fights and experience and then come to the UFC. He would make a more than interesting match up with Brock.

Cheers[/quote']

So, Mariusz weighs 270 pounds now?

Then he could fight in the UFC.

he looks like a beast.. dunno if sylvia would be a great test for him.. as sylvias is on his way out.. after some training though pud would be a great new heavyweight for the ufc.. not like they need any more though lol

I also say' date=' few more fights and experience and then come to the UFC. He would make a more than interesting match up with Brock.

Cheers[/quote']

He looks quick, but I'm not sure he has the skillset. He looked alot like big baby.....walking zombie......lol. fight like that in the ufc get knocked out quick. mind you hte kicks looked pretty hard.

He'd probably gas quick too.

No his next step will be to strike force to fight bobby lashley or another contender to get a shot at fedor and I believe any heavyweight coming up knows before they go to the ufc they need to try to get fedor to be come super stars

Hmm, he looked a heckuva lot larger then 270lbs. in his last fight, unless he cut alot of weight. He normally walks around at like 310lbs. This dude makes Brock look anorexic. While he is slow, he is one of the strongest people in the world (Probably a group of only 8 people in the ENTIRE world could match strength with him).

Oh, and he doesn't gas out quickly. He's known for his cardio. Unfortunately he's also known for using cocaine too, as it helps him to train more. Definitely would beat the tar out of Lashley though.

132 kilos is a bit over 290 pounds (multiply by 2.2)...That means he's dropped around 40 pounds of lean muscle since his strong man days...well that's what happens when you go off the steroids, you can maintain most of your mass, but not all of it (isn't that right Brock?) And besides, he couldn't cut from 330 pounds anyway. Pudz is a good athlete, good speed and balance for the huge mother he is. He would probably be a better fighter if he lost even more mass and walked around at about 260-270. He would greatly increase his speed and cardio. Even at that smaller size, I think he would still be stronger than Brock...at 330 he was stronger than all the guys who weighed 50-80 pounds more than he did at World's Strongest Man. I'm wondering if this is the future of the heavyweight division in the UFC...a bunch of ex-roid users cutting 30-40 pounds to make the 265 limit?

Watching this, you put PUDZ up against ANY counter striker or wrestler or BJJ fighter, he doesn't stand a chance. I think he should stick to what he's good at lifting houses.

Cheers[/quote']

He's a monster' date=' but slow and overly muscular with tight joints. Put him in against a strong wrestler with quick hands and amazing agility and it's all over. Introduce him to Cain Valesquez and he'll quickly realize that his size and power doesn't mean much against skill, speed, and talent. He'll get Gnp or more likely submitted via arm bar, knee bar, or ankle lock. Otherwise, if you put him against B level fighters, he will overpower them.[/quote']

ah the lesser spotted dimwit......

he aint slow he is acctually very fast for someone his size......

tight joints????????..............the guy is an ex boxer worlds strongest man 5 times and plays rugby as well as having belts in karate and trains bjj twicw a day.

i am looking forward to seeing someone try and control him its going to be funny as hell.

please dont pass judgement on someone you have no knowledge of.....

pudzian2.jpg[/img]

ah the lesser spotted dimwit......

he aint slow he is acctually very fast for someone his size......

tight joints????????..............the guy is an ex boxer worlds strongest man 5 times and plays rugby as well as having belts in karate and trains bjj twicw a day.

i am looking forward to seeing someone try and control him its going to be funny as hell.

please dont pass judgement on someone you have no knowledge of.....

pudzian2.jpg[/img]

+1

Just what i was going to add.

how can he be fighting on the 7th an then the 23rd not possible what if he got hurt that cant be true. ive heard about slyvia but not the other one

source????

hope he makes it to the ufc i just wanna see if he can do it in the big league

I just wanna see brock try and beat him for strength (I do actually like brock i just think it would be funny seeing his face when he gets tossed around)

i just wanna see brock try and beat him for strength (i do actually like brock i just think it would be funny seeing his face when he gets tossed around)

brock would have serious problems with him cuz brock has won every fight so far on sheer size so what happens when he faces someone bigger and stronger.

Dana sign him up

I'm keeping my eye on this guy that's for sure. Until I heard of his rugby I thought he'd gas too but it doesn't look like that's the case. Question is will he remain healthy. If he survived the strong man competitions he should be ok to deal with MMA regarding the strain it places on joints etc. Long story short I hope the UFC picks him up. IMHO he's not just a freak show but has some possible big time ability.

If he beats those two and makes it into the UFC' date=' I want to see him fight Kimbo Slice then Todd Duffee afterwards.[/quote']

Seeing those kicks in the video, Kimbo would fall fast.........

Mariusz will defeat Lesnar for sure ' date=' that why Dana will never sign him .[/quote']

i think youre underestimating Lesnar a bit, i'd love to see that fight though, two really strong dudes

A fight with Lesnar would be similar to Lesnar against Couture in that wrestling can equalize alot of things and in the case of this big SOB would help equalize the strength difference. I'd certainly think this guy is stronger then Lesnar but I don't think the gap is as large as some may think.

I wonder if the same people who hate Lesnar because of his size advantage are going to hate Pudz?

very good point, however Brock has the wrestling to back it up