Machida and Shogun

TeamNog

Don't get me started.

You Shogun guys all use the same' date=' tired, old pictures.

Fact is, I can find at least twice as many pictures of Lyoto connecting with Shogun.[/quote']

funny i keep hearing the same old line from machida fans but you guys never show any proof,its always "i could show a thousand pics of machida conecting but i cant be bothered"

ruarobbed-1.jpg[/img]

motivatorcf63c7421de1357fad41f63342.jpg[/img]

Look, I am a fan of Shogun and I personally thought he had done enough to capture the light heavyweight crown, but apparently not. But I have been reading these forums and I haven't noticed one person who is a fan of machida and said " yes i don't think he won that fight, and a shogun fan saying he lost that fought. I know that everyone is biased toward their favorite fighter but I am just wodnering if there is someone out there who will go against the grain.

Also, I don't really care about using the search function, i'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I just thought you guys might like to read about something that doesn't involve james toney or gsp and hardy

im a big shogun fan and i just cant see how lyoto won the fight. like ive said before if shogun got the decision there wouldnt have been an instant rematch much less a rematch at all. i dont hate machida at all but i believe he didnt think he won and should have pulled a rampage.(vs ninja)

I was and am still a big Machida fan. I wouldn't have been stunned if the decision went to Shogun but I thought the commentating skewed a lot of peoples opinions. In the second round for example when Shogun jumped up for a body kick that connected' date=' Machida countered with a hook that stumbled Shogun but all you heard from Rogan was how it was the most devastating kick he'd ever seen[/b'] and a lot of people bought into it. Could have gone either way.

Funny how we can totally argue about one thing, but then be in complete agreeance about another :P

^^^ this

Shogun fought his best possible fight. Machida didn't. It won't be the same for the rematch. Machida will be ready.

Shogun did fight a very good fight and maybe the reason Machida did not is because Shogun eliminated Machida's game plan. Many times people say that the loser is a better fighter or player or whatever but they just had a poor match, when in reality the play or fight etc of their opponent overwhelmed them and this is the reason they lost. I know you are giving credit to Shogun for fighting well but maybe he needs the credit for the lack of performance by Machida. Not knocking you at all just giving some thoughts.

funny i keep hearing the same old line from machida fans but you guys never show any proof' date='its always "i could show a thousand pics of machida conecting but i cant be bothered"[/quote']

Come on, now.

I've already schooled you in this picture-posting business A LONG time ago.

It was a VERY close fight. For sure there will be bias in what people think, but really that fight could have gone either way. I'm sure that when people are "going against the grain" they just saw the fight differently just as everyone seems to have seen it. Personally, I think Machida won, but I could've seen it going to Shogun. good thing there's a REEEEMATCH.

I hear this game plan stuff. What about a fighters ability to adapt. If it wasn't working for the first couple 3 rounds then it prob is not going to work in the next 2.

Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

I blame most of that fight on the corner men. The corners told their fighters that they were winning the fight. Both fighters come out in the fifth and just try to survive instead of going for the kill.

I was and am still a big Machida fan. I wouldn't have been stunned if the decision went to Shogun but I thought the commentating skewed a lot of peoples opinions. In the second round for example when Shogun jumped up for a body kick that connected' date=' Machida countered with a hook that stumbled Shogun but all you heard from Rogan was how it was the most devastating kick he'd ever seen and a lot of people bought into it. Could have gone either way.[/quote']

I have been saying the same thing. I think Rogan's commentary was one sided and swayed many peoples opinion of who won the fight. There weren't many exchanges that Shogun landed without Machida also landing but all you heard from Joe Rogan was what Shogun did.

look at the record books' date=' machida won, it doesnt matter what anyone thinks, its not gonna change it[/quote']

sept for the fact that in many fighters eyes shogun won the fight machida lost that fight an only nutthuggers of the dragon will say he won

I have been saying the same thing. I think Rogan's commentary was one sided and swayed many peoples opinion of who won the fight. There weren't many exchanges that Shogun landed without Machida also landing but all you heard from Joe Rogan was what Shogun did.

Many people have said this but it's difficult being an announcer. Your job is to provide a little more entertainment. When you feel like a fighter is winning you need to amp it up. The strike totals leaned in Shogun's favor though. It usually works pretty well, but this time with the controversial decision following a very close bout people like to blame somebody.

^^ this complete agreement' date=' oooooh i cant wait till this fight gets closer and i plan to do a couple shows JUST on THIS subject![/quote']

yes, the first title defense can be the hardest.

Rampage lost his first title defense, Forrest lost his first title defense, Rashad lost his first title defense..

you're just not hungry like before, and with all the media around you it's harder to focus on training.

The second fight will be a lot different.

yes' date=' the first title defense can be the hardest.

Rampage lost his first title defense, Forrest lost his first title defense, Rashad lost his first title defense..

you're just not hungry like before, and with all the media around you it's harder to focus on training.

The second fight will be a lot different.[/quote']

Rampage defended his belt against Dan Henderson when they unified the Pride and UFC LHW belts (UFC 75).

On another note, I'm not a big fan of either of these fighters but I definitely think Machida won. It was close, but I think what stole the fight for Machida was Shogun's failed take down attempts. While a failed take down does not look bad on the fighter failing the TD, the other fighter gets points for defending it. The exchanges were close enough to give either fighter then win, but when you add in the fact that Machida defended a bunch of takedowns, I'd say it swings the votes towards Machida.

I was and am still a big Machida fan. I wouldn't have been stunned if the decision went to Shogun but I thought the commentating skewed a lot of peoples opinions. In the second round for example when Shogun jumped up for a body kick that connected' date=' Machida countered with a hook that stumbled Shogun but all you heard from Rogan was how it was the most devastating kick he'd ever seen and a lot of people bought into it. Could have gone either way.[/quote']

yeah I like rogan he knows a lot about the sport but he's like a broken record sometimes

I want to punch him in the face everytime I hear "Blank vs Blank, is the most exciting HW fight to happen in a loooong time."

he says it for every other HW fight on the maincards

I was and am still a big Machida fan. I wouldn't have been stunned if the decision went to Shogun but I thought the commentating skewed a lot of peoples opinions. In the second round for example when Shogun jumped up for a body kick that connected' date=' Machida countered with a hook that stumbled Shogun but all you heard from Rogan was how it was the most devastating kick he'd ever seen[/b'] and a lot of people bought into it. Could have gone either way.

When a lot of stuff is going on at the same time Rogan will comment on what had the most impact, he cant say 3 things at once. Now, its true that multiple times in the fight Machida countered Shogun's kicks with headshots and Rogan only talked about the kicks, but the kicks had a lot of power behind them while Machida's counters, while landing, had very little power. They were meaningless shots for the most part.

Do you really think that Machida was able to generate enough power to stumble Shogun with a hook while eating a power kick to the body? It was most likely the result of landing from his kick with compromised balance + eating the hook (even if it didnt have much power its still a punch in the face).

So yeah you may think the commentary was biased, but it would have been even worse if Rogan had made a big deal of weak counter punches and ignored great kicks.

As for the decision in itself, I believe its all about round 1. I can understand how Machida won rounds 2 and 3 and Shogun definetly won rounds 4 and 5. Even though I couldnt believe Shogun lost when I first watched the fight, after watching it again a couple times and looking at each round individually I can see how Machida would take it 3-2, since round 1 could have gone either way.

I am i big machida fan and i also thought he lost that fight at first but after watching it a few times over again i changed my mind i really feel now that Lyoto wont the fight.. I think what clouded alot of peoples judgement on the fight was how impressed they where with shoguns performance, i mean he for one had a great performace, and was able to counter machida and do what BJ Penn, Rich Franklin, Rashad Evans, Thiago Silva (did i miss any other big names?) could not do and that was indeed impressive, however i have come to the conclusion that even though shogun found how to counter machida's style, he wasnt able to pull it off effectivley enough to get the W, an impressive performace is not always going to get you a W, period

i am i big machida fan and i also thought he lost that fight at first but after watching it a few times over again i changed my mind i really feel now that lyoto wont the fight.. I think what clouded alot of peoples judgement on the fight was how impressed they where with shoguns performance' date=' i[b'] mean he for one had a great performace, and was able to counter machida and do what bj penn, rich franklin, rashad evans, thiago silva (did i miss any other big names?) could not do and that was indeed impressive[/b], however i have come to the conclusion that even though shogun found how to counter machida's style, he wasnt able to pull it off effectivley enough to get the w, an impressive performace is not always going to get you a w, period

+873804784957348097248327487548097

Let me say this one last time.

Due to an unspoken rule of favoritism.....my own term "Judging Etiquette Criteria" favors the champ in a too close to call decision earning rounds 1, 2, and 3 for Machida.

Let it rest folks. We know Shogun is a good fighter....just not as good as Machida....Muah..hahahahaha

Look' date=' I am a fan of Shogun and I personally thought he had done enough to capture the light heavyweight crown, but apparently not. But I have been reading these forums and I haven't noticed one person who is a fan of machida and said " yes i don't think he won that fight, and a shogun fan saying he lost that fought. I know that everyone is biased toward their favorite fighter but I am just wodnering if there is someone out there who will go against the grain.

Also, I don't really care about using the search function, i'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I just thought you guys might like to read about something that doesn't involve james toney or gsp and hardy[/quote']

I son;t think earned his shot and I don;t he won the fight.

You can't give the title to someone who spends 25 minutes running away.

That was probably the best Shogun is going to do against Lyoto and never really had Lyoto hurt.. Having said that' date=' Lyoto hurt Shogun a few times but hesitated on the kill.. could have been the broken hand. We'll see next time they fight, I think the Dragon is going to destroy him.[/quote']

Lol, that is exactly what 95% of people before the first fight thought, that 'Machida is going to destroy him...' and then after the fight, 95% of people thought that Machida lost and Shogun won.. hmmm? I know you are probebly a big Machida fan, which im fine with, but i dont think you should be using the word 'destroy', because it is not only unlikely this will happen, but after all the hype the last time, it DIDNT happen. What makes you so sure it will happen this time? Oh, and i dont recall, after watching that fight 5 times, ANY time where either fighter looked in serious trouble. However what i did see was ALOT more damage inflicted on Machida, and ALOT more strikes landed on Machida. Shogun actually looked like he could fight another couple of rounds at the end, whilst Machida looked like he most definetly had had enough...

Anyway, the second fight.. i honestly expect alot of the same, because Machida NEVER changes his game, it will just be much of the same seen in the first, but im predicting Shogun to try and clinch more, with more takedown attempts from the clinch, the single. One thing Machida should train though, is checking leg kicks... That karate stance is a killer for him against someone like Shogun.

Machida will NOT finish Shogun, not a chance in hell (well of course there is a chance, but it is unlikely) As i said before the first fight, if the fight is finished, it will be Shoguns hand that is raised. And i stand by that. Shogun will not destroy Machida, but i see him finishing the fight, just as i saw him winning the last fight. But.. Machida will be more of the same, and Shogun will come with something different, as he always does.

Lol' date=' that is exactly what 95% of people before the first fight thought, that 'Machida is going to destroy him...' and then after the fight, 95% of people thought that Machida lost and Shogun won.. hmmm? I know you are probebly a big Machida fan, which im fine with, but i dont think you should be using the word 'destroy', because it is not only unlikely this will happen, but after all the hype the last time, it DIDNT happen. What makes you so sure it will happen this time? Oh, and i dont recall, after watching that fight 5 times, ANY time where either fighter looked in serious trouble. However what i did see was ALOT more damage inflicted on Machida, and ALOT more strikes landed on Machida. Shogun actually looked like he could fight another couple of rounds at the end, whilst Machida looked like he most definetly had had enough...

Anyway, the second fight.. i honestly expect alot of the same, because Machida NEVER changes his game, it will just be much of the same seen in the first, but im predicting Shogun to try and clinch more, with more takedown attempts from the clinch, the single. One thing Machida should train though, is checking leg kicks... That karate stance is a killer for him against someone like Shogun.

Machida will NOT finish Shogun, not a chance in hell (well of course there is a chance, but it is unlikely) As i said before the first fight, if the fight is finished, it will be Shoguns hand that is raised. And i stand by that. Shogun will not destroy Machida, but i see him finishing the fight, just as i saw him winning the last fight. But.. Machida will be more of the same, and Shogun will come with something different, as he always does.[/quote']

Most realistic post on here, cant read the rest of everybodys post with a straight face.

Archived