Interview with UFC welterweight challenger Dan Hardy

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=interview-with-ufc-welterweight-challenger-dan-hardy-1

FO: Why have you not been as vocal about GSP as you have been about previous opponents like Davis? I notice there?s no dodgy photoshops of GSP doing the rounds on the forums, for instance.

Every opponent is different and the thing with GSP is, obviously he is the champion and you have to show him that respect but at the same time the pressure of this fight is going to be enough to mess with his head. I think he realises that I am in the best position in this fight, going into with nothing to lose and everything to gain whereas if he loses to me it is going to put a real dent in his legacy.

Personally I think that is enough to really mess with his head. He is the kind of guy that lets those kind of things get to him, like we saw in the first Matt Hughes fight and the first BJ Penn fight. Those kind of things do get to him and they do affect his game. I don?t think I really have to do anything. I think with GSP he is intimidated by getting hurt and by guys that are going to put a beating on him. I remember before the Alves fight he vocalized it, about the guy being big and was going to hurt him. Last few weeks of camp he mentioned that a few times.

FO: And yet when you look at that fight with Alves he suffered a sever groin injury and soldiered through it to get the win.

Yeah don?t get me wrong he is a great athlete and a great champion but I think the thing he doesn?t have - and he admits this himself - is that he is not a fighter. He does not have that fighter?s mentality to take a couple of punches with a grin on your face and enjoy yourself. I think he does know that and I think it affects his game. Fighting for guys who enjoy it is a game and I don?t think Georges enjoys it.

Lol Hardy seeing GSP honesty at a weakest and think he not a fighter .

I wonder who underestimate who in that fight .

That's a good point. It sounds like GSP is not underestimating Hardy but Hardy is definetely underestimating GSP. That's what comes across anyways.

hardy full of bull if gsp wasnt a fighter then why would he fight.gsp has the fighter spirit he just not gonna get punched in the face cause he to smart for that alot of people do mma cause they like it hardy an im pretty sure gsp does or else he wouldnt even be fighting

That's a good point. It sounds like GSP is not underestimating Hardy but Hardy is definetely underestimating GSP. That's what comes across anyways.

yup yup

I think hardy's a good fighter but he's gonna be in for a rude awakening when he can't hit GSP in the face as many times as he thought he would be able too.

This fight has the potential of being like Penn v Sanchez, hopefully it will be quicker though I want Hardy to get destroyed real fast

yup yup

I think hardy's a good fighter but he's gonna be in for a rude awakening when he can't hit GSP in the face as many times as he thought he would be able too.

This fight has the potential of being like Penn v Sanchez' date=' hopefully it will be quicker though I want Hardy to get destroyed real fast[/b']

i think it will be. except when BJ rocked Diego in the first, he wasn't able to finish him. But in all honestly i believe that Sanchez has a tougher chin and more heart than Dan Hardy. I'm not saying Dan doesn't have it, just not as much as Diego. Anyway, i think GSP will rock him in a similar way, but turn out to finish him as well.

Archived