What gives with StrikeForce titles?!

CGrace

Can someone help clear something up for me? I don't understand how we can be expected to take SF as a serious MMA company when their Title Holders don't even defend their belts. I'm not talking about Overeem not fighting in SF since 2007 either. In Gegard Mousasi's second fight he took on Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou in a non-title fight, after winning the strap from Babalau in his previous fight. How does a Champ not have his belt on the line in that fight? I don't remember hearing anyone say anything about Sokoudjou missing weight which would be the only reason I could think of for it being non-title ala Silva vs. Lutter. And now we have Overeems return to SF finally, and he's not even facing the #1 Contender who IMO has to be Fedor. I know they want to build that fight blah blah, but come on Bret Rogers? He just lost and now he gets to fight the Champ?? But wait it looks like it won't even be for the belt!! SF's attitude here makes no sense to me, let's finally get our HW Champ back in our cage, and let him get a "tune up" fight in but not with the belt on the line. Then have him fight Fedor if he wins or loses for the belt......eventually?? Don't get it! It should be Overeem vs. Fedor for the strap, let Rogers beat someone then set him up against the big dogs again!

i belive its cuz SF's contracts are nearly as strict as the UFCs

meaning that they can fight in other orgs

they can have the belt and fight other places and lose but never lose their belt

its pretty stupid but i think its to get more fighters in their org' date=' one of the reasons the UFC cant get Fedor is cuz of all the restrictions[/quote']

exactly, fedor does not fight for money & he will not forsake russian combat sambo, which is one of whites demands ...

they can have the belt and fight other places and lose but never lose their belt

its pretty stupid but i think its to get more fighters in their org' date=' one of the reasons the UFC cant get Fedor is cuz of all the restrictions[/quote']

Ya but in the instances he used, the champs are fighting INSIDE SF. Not over in dream or something. Now, if you hold a Strikeforce belt, and you are fighting on a Strikeforce card shouldn't that be a Strikeforce title fight?

I want StrikeForce to get their **** together to give some competition, but stupid **** like this really hurts the credibility of the promotion.

Oh yeah I understand that. They don't want to put their belts on the line against another org's fighters. That makes sense. I mean when they are fighting inside the SF cage, as a current SF Champ? Unless you're moving around weight classes like Penn and Silva do sometimes, obviously Penns 155 title wasn't on the line against GSP, same for Silva's against Irvin or Griffin. BUT when your the Champ and you're fighting in the org you are a Champ in, in your Belt holding weight class how are you not defending your title? Unless your opponent has missed weight making it non title. It just makes no sense to me, I was hopped up when Gegard vs. Theirry wasn't a title and now SF is doing it again with Overeem vs. Rogers. It's mind bottling(yes I know its boggling)!!!

CG

Can someone help clear something up for me? I don't understand how we can be expected to take SF as a serious MMA company when their Title Holders don't even defend their belts. I'm not talking about Overeem not fighting in SF since 2007 either. In Gegard Mousasi's second fight he took on Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou in a non-title fight' date=' after winning the strap from Babalau in his previous fight. How does a Champ not have his belt on the line in that fight? I don't remember hearing anyone say anything about Sokoudjou missing weight which would be the only reason I could think of for it being non-title ala Silva vs. Lutter. And now we have Overeems return to SF finally, and he's not even facing the #1 Contender who IMO has to be Fedor. I know they want to build that fight blah blah, but come on Bret Rogers? He just lost and now he gets to fight the Champ?? But wait it looks like it won't even be for the belt!! SF's attitude here makes no sense to me, let's finally get our HW Champ back in our cage, and let him get a "tune up" fight in but not with the belt on the line. Then have him fight Fedor if he wins or loses for the belt......eventually?? Don't get it! It should be Overeem vs. Fedor for the strap, let Rogers beat someone then set him up against the big dogs again![/quote']

First of all, you have to understand that Fedor is the champion in Strikeforce wether he holds the belt or not. Fedor is automatically the champion anywhere he goes, be it SF, Dream, Bellator or the UFC. Fedor is one guy that carries the belt where ever he goes. It's why Werdum has been calling out Overeem for years, yet when Fedor signed, Werdum forgot he existed and wanted to fight Fedor. Is Fedor went to the UFC, Mir would probably forget Brock existed and call out Fedor. Anywhere Fedor goes, he's the guy people want to fight. And he should fight the best guy in the organization and believe it or not, that guy is Werdum, not Overeem.

Mousasi is defending his crown next month.

Anywhere Fedor goes, he's the guy people want to fight. And he should fight the best guy in the organization and believe it or not, that guy is Werdum, not Overeem.

That just makes it that much more of a farce. They should have stripped Overeem a long time ago of the belt, or it should have been made clear, you face Fedor in his first Strikeforce fight for the title or you lose the belt. No matter what organization it is, until Fedor loses a fight, his first fight in that organization should be for the HW strap. I expect that if he came to the UFC BANG title shot. No questions asked. No #1 contender BS. You sign your first fight is for the belt.

SF just keeps piling up instances of questionable fight making and questionable handling of the "titles".

exactly' date=' fedor does not fight for money & he will not forsake russian combat sambo, which is one of whites demands ...[/quote']

Ok hold on I'm not making this a why isn't Fedor in the UFC thread, I understand why. He happens to own 20% of M1, which happens to make him piles of cash that nobody could match fight for fight without that M1 payday. So people who say Fedor doesn't fight for money may not understand the business side of Fedor's thinking. I don't care one way or the other, I just like watching him fight. I feel there is stiffer competition for him in the UFC, but there is some good matchups for him in SF as well. Which mostly I don't have a problem with, just the non-title Champion fights. Imagine GSP fighting Hardy but not for the belt? It would be weird to see.

Ya but in the instances he used' date=' the champs are fighting INSIDE SF. Not over in dream or something. Now, if you hold a Strikeforce belt, and you are fighting on a Strikeforce card shouldn't that be a Strikeforce title fight?

I want StrikeForce to get their **** together to give some competition, but stupid **** like this really hurts the credibility of the promotion.[/quote']

+1 this guy understands my point!

exactly' date=' fedor does not fight for money & he will not forsake russian combat sambo, which is one of whites demands ...[/quote']

ummmm if Fedor doesn't fight for the money, why did the russian maf,,,er M1 just shake down Strikeforce for more money for Fedor 1 fight into a 3 fight deal. Kinda like they did with the other two orgs M1 has sent into bankruptcy.

First of all' date=' you have to understand that Fedor is the champion in Strikeforce wether he holds the belt or not. Fedor is automatically the champion anywhere he goes, be it SF, Dream, Bellator or the UFC. Fedor is one guy that carries the belt where ever he goes. It's why Werdum has been calling out Overeem for years, yet when Fedor signed, Werdum forgot he existed and wanted to fight Fedor. Is Fedor went to the UFC, Mir would probably forget Brock existed and call out Fedor. Anywhere Fedor goes, he's the guy people want to fight. And he should fight the best guy in the organization and believe it or not, that guy is Werdum, not Overeem.

Mousasi is defending his crown next month.[/quote']

Ok I see where you are coming from, but Fedor is not the Champion where ever he goes as far as that companies belt is concerned. He maybe the WAMMA Champ, but he does not hold the SF Belt....yet. I think his first fight should have been Overeem for the strap, but Overeem was busy running around Europe. Naturally SF wanted Fedor to fight sooner than later so they matched him up with their next best choice in Rogers. I agree Overeem should have been stripped of his title a long time ago, but he wasn't and now here he is fighting the guy Fedor KO'd. Overeem's first fight back in SF should be Fedor hands down, for the BELT!! Why Rogers and Overeem aren't in a title fight is beyond me. I know it's not officially not a non-title fight, but the fact that SF is even considering it is odd. And I know Gegard is defending his belt next month but it wasn't on the line against Theirry. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's the fighters doing this, it's obviously coming from the top, I just don't understand the reasoning.

CG

ummmm if Fedor doesn't fight for the money' date=' why did the russian maf,,,er M1 just shake down Strikeforce for more money for Fedor 1 fight into a 3 fight deal. Kinda like they did with the other two orgs M1 has sent into bankruptcy.[/quote']

"russian mafia" link please ? :P

If Fedor went to the UFC' date=' Mir [b']would[/b] probably forget Brock existed and call out Fedor. Anywhere Fedor goes, he's the guy people want to fight. And he should fight the best guy in the organization and believe it or not, that guy is Werdum, not Overeem.

word .. ^^

First of all' date=' you have to understand that Fedor is the champion in Strikeforce wether he holds the belt or not. Fedor is automatically the champion anywhere he goes, be it SF, Dream, Bellator or the UFC. Fedor is one guy that carries the belt where ever he goes. It's why Werdum has been calling out Overeem for years, yet when Fedor signed, Werdum forgot he existed and wanted to fight Fedor. Is Fedor went to the UFC, Mir would probably forget Brock existed and call out Fedor. Anywhere Fedor goes, he's the guy people want to fight. And he should fight the best guy in the organization and believe it or not, that guy is Werdum, not Overeem.

Mousasi is defending his crown next month.[/quote']

the W in WAMMA stands for "World"

so...yea, everywhere he goes hes the champ and everyfight he has is for that title

the W in WAMMA stands for "World"

so...yea' date=' everywhere he goes hes the champ and everyfight he has is for that title[/quote']

I realize what the W stands for. Are you aware it is just a fight organization/promotion no different then the UFC, SF, or even little local MFC? Except they are more into Co-Promotions and work with other Companies instead of holding their own events. By the way all these Organizations have World Champions. If you don't believe me check their wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Alliance_of_Mixed_Martial_Arts

It even states that without the UFC involvement they struggle with acceptance in the MMA world. Currently they have a LW, and HW Champion crowned, and yes Fedor is that Champ, obviously we all know that. Until WAMMA gets where it wants to be, holding it's belt is the same as holding the SF belt. They have lofty goals and more power to them as it would bring everything together if it happens.

CG

word .. ^^

You know what they say about assuming right? And I refuse to believe Mir would ever forget Lesnar existed, have you heard or read any of the interviews he has had recently? He may not be able to fight Lesnar again, as the restraining order Lesnar is no doubt looking at won't let them both be in the Octagon together!!

CG

I realize what the W stands for. Are you aware it is just a fight organization/promotion no different then the UFC' date=' SF, or even little local MFC? Except they are more into Co-Promotions and work with other Companies instead of holding their own events. By the way all these Organizations have World Champions. If you don't believe me check their wiki

It even states that without the UFC involvement they struggle with acceptance in the MMA world. Currently they have a LW, and HW Champion crowned, and yes Fedor is that Champ, obviously we all know that. Until WAMMA gets where it wants to be, holding it's belt is the same as holding the SF belt. They have lofty goals and more power to them as it would bring everything together if it happens.

CG[/quote']

well ya cuz there can only be 1 ufc champion so of course its "the world"

hell i am the world champion beer ponger of my apartment, only cuz there can only be 1

WAMMA has multiple orgs who submit to them so it has more credibilty to a lot of people

the ufc is very self centered and refuses to consider anyone else.

and i know the UFC has the most power of the MMA orgs but everyone has their flaws

Can someone help clear something up for me? I don't understand how we can be expected to take SF as a serious MMA company when their Title Holders don't even defend their belts. I'm not talking about Overeem not fighting in SF since 2007 either. In Gegard Mousasi's second fight he took on Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou in a non-title fight' date=' after winning the strap from Babalau in his previous fight. How does a Champ not have his belt on the line in that fight? I don't remember hearing anyone say anything about Sokoudjou missing weight which would be the only reason I could think of for it being non-title ala Silva vs. Lutter. And now we have Overeems return to SF finally, and he's not even facing the #1 Contender who IMO has to be Fedor. I know they want to build that fight blah blah, but come on Bret Rogers? He just lost and now he gets to fight the Champ?? But wait it looks like it won't even be for the belt!! SF's attitude here makes no sense to me, let's finally get our HW Champ back in our cage, and let him get a "tune up" fight in but not with the belt on the line. Then have him fight Fedor if he wins or loses for the belt......eventually?? Don't get it! It should be Overeem vs. Fedor for the strap, let Rogers beat someone then set him up against the big dogs again![/quote']

Easy, havent seen any Pride fights?

Many times Wany, Fedor, Nog faced opponents without defending their titles cos only contenders get the shot.

For Wandy it was much harder cos he beat everyone there and had to fight rematches a lot of the time. Sakuraba 3 times, 1 for the belt, and another from the Gran prix. Rampage twice, 1 gran prix, 1 title shot, Hendo, 1 Super fight, 1 title shot.

Nog never once defended the Pride title. After he won it he faced off against Enson Inoue, then Semmy Schilt, then Bob Sapp, then Hendo, then Fedor......

Fedor had the same problem cos Pride wanted only contenders to fight for his title, thats why he never defended it til 12/2004, he won it in 3/2003, I mean seriously would Gary Goodridge or Kaz Fujita deserved Title shots against Fedor? No, It was just Fedor wanted to keep fighting.

So its not that quite of a shock that Mousasi vs Soky was a Non title since Soky was on a losing streak before winnning against Jan Nortje & Bob Sapp who arent top contenders in the 205lbs division. Unlike King Mo, he is actually on a winning streak.

The whole BS thing with Overeem is another story

I realize what the W stands for. Are you aware it is just a fight organization/promotion no different then the UFC' date=' SF, or even little local MFC? Except they are more into Co-Promotions and work with other Companies instead of holding their own events. By the way all these Organizations have World Champions. If you don't believe me check their wiki

CG[/quote']

True but you also forgot that Vitor Belfort was given the WAMMA Middleweight title, eventhough it wasnt announced or was crowned, on their website that no longer exists he has the title of Middleweight Champion by his name after beating Matt Lindland who at that time was one of the best 185lbs fighters out there.

well ya cuz there can only be 1 ufc champion so of course its "the world"

hell i am the world champion beer ponger of my apartment' date=' only cuz there can only be 1

WAMMA has multiple orgs who submit to them so it has more credibilty to a lot of people

the ufc is very self centered and refuses to consider anyone else.

and i know the UFC has the most power of the MMA orgs but everyone has their flaws[/quote']

So it's wrong to appoint fighters/teams as World Champions? The MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL all call their Champs World Champions, and have been for decades. Are they wrong because their can only be one Champion per league? Your logic on the WAMMA title being any more valid than any current companies is flawed. Now IF every MMA fight company agree'd this was a valid title, and ALL fighters could be counted towards it then we'd be onto something. This isn't a UFC versus anyone thing I love how people always try to make it that. I would put the argument out that BJ Penn, GSP, Anderson Silva, possibly Machida, and man the UFC HW division is to nuts to predict and obviously Fedor would be in the running for WAMMA titles if the UFC was involved. IMO the UFC has nothing to lose from joining WAMMA, except like you say it doesn't do co-promotion. But saying that makes their Belts any less "Worldly" is silly they have fighters from yup that's right all over the World in all their divisions. Should I take the World Series any less seriously because they don't work with any other North American Leagues? I don't think so.

CG

Easy' date=' havent seen any Pride fights?

Many times Wany, Fedor, Nog faced opponents without defending their titles cos only contenders get the shot.

For Wandy it was much harder cos he beat everyone there and had to fight rematches a lot of the time. Sakuraba 3 times, 1 for the belt, and another from the Gran prix. Rampage twice, 1 gran prix, 1 title shot, Hendo, 1 Super fight, 1 title shot.

Nog never once defended the Pride title. After he won it he faced off against Enson Inoue, then Semmy Schilt, then Bob Sapp, then Hendo, then Fedor......

Fedor had the same problem cos Pride wanted only contenders to fight for his title, thats why he never defended it til 12/2004, he won it in 3/2003, I mean seriously would Gary Goodridge or Kaz Fujita deserved Title shots against Fedor? No, It was just Fedor wanted to keep fighting.

So its not that quite of a shock that Mousasi vs Soky was a Non title since Soky was on a losing streak before winnning against Jan Nortje & Bob Sapp who arent top contenders in the 205lbs division. Unlike King Mo, he is actually on a winning streak.

The whole BS thing with Overeem is another story[/quote']

True but you also forgot that Vitor Belfort was given the WAMMA Middleweight title' date=' eventhough it wasnt announced or was crowned, on their website that no longer exists he has the title of Middleweight Champion by his name after beating Matt Lindland who at that time was one of the best 185lbs fighters out there.[/quote']

cave-attack : you noobsters better dot your I's & cross your T's ... the man is here ! ;)

So it's wrong to appoint fighters/teams as World Champions? The MLB' date=' NHL, NBA, NFL all call their Champs World Champions, and have been for decades. Are they wrong because their can only be one Champion per league? Your logic on the WAMMA title being any more valid than any current companies is flawed. Now IF every MMA fight company agree'd this was a valid title, and ALL fighters could be counted towards it then we'd be onto something. This isn't a UFC versus anyone thing I love how people always try to make it that. I would put the argument out that BJ Penn, GSP, Anderson Silva, possibly Machida, and man the UFC HW division is to nuts to predict and obviously Fedor would be in the running for WAMMA titles if the UFC was involved. IMO the UFC has nothing to lose from joining WAMMA, except like you say it doesn't do co-promotion. But saying that makes their Belts any less "Worldly" is silly they have fighters from yup that's right all over the World in all their divisions. Should I take the World Series any less seriously because they don't work with any other North American Leagues? I don't think so.

CG[/quote']

fedor would have the WAMMA belt still if the UFC was in it

im not sayin its not as good as they make it seem, just sayin the theres only 1 ufc champ so therfor he is defaulted to "ufc world champ"

just sayin man....just sayin

Easy' date=' havent seen any Pride fights?

The whole BS thing with Overeem is another story[/quote']

I never followed Pride that closely, until recently when the UFC purchase made it more well known in North America and to myself. I thought it was more geared toward tournaments to find Contenders. But never the less I disagree with a Company having it's Champ in a fight that doesn't have a good reason for not being for his belt. I understand only a Contender should get a shot at the Champ so he should only be fighting Contenders at the point. Thanks for the info.

CG

cave-attack : you noobsters better dot your I's & cross your T's ... the man is here ! ;)

Noobsters? Don't let post counts fool you my friend MMA and I go back along ways' date=' I just never seen the point in posting in forums until recently.

True but you also forgot that Vitor Belfort was given the WAMMA Middleweight title, eventhough it wasnt announced or was crowned, on their website that no longer exists he has the title of Middleweight Champion by his name after beating Matt Lindland who at that time was one of the best 185lbs fighters out there.

I would assume (yes I know never assume I made that point earlier) that he is no longer listed as the WAMMA MW Champ once he signed with the UFC? And yes I watched that fight they left the camera on Lindlands twitching body for far to long IMO. Somehow this thread got off track a little here. People took off in a different direction after I brought Fedor into the mix. Now I'm neither what I'd consider a Fedor fan, or hater. I am maybe the one human who is impressed with his accomplishments, but for whatever reason don't need to defend him as the second coming. I enjoy watching him fight as much as any UFC fighter. Believe me I am aware there are multiple Fight Companies around, and I go see live shows whenever I get the chance just to be around the sport. Ok so here are my main points once again :

1) Champs should defend their Titles in every fight they fight, barring a GOOD reason.

2) SF does weird things with their Champs(IMO), and their rankings don't make sense to me.

3) I agree Fedor is the WAMMA HW Champ, but IMO until that is a unified Title it is no more valid than any current Fight Companies Title.

4) Fedor should be fighting for the SF HW Title, doesn't matter who that is his shot should have been guarentee'd.

5) Beer of most brands is delicious!!

Ok that about sums it up. Can't we all just get along? I think the Fedor fans mis-took what I was saying, now how can I get the Brock-Heads going? JK I think he's a beast just a bit of an odd human being.

CG

It seems to me the reason it is not a title fight is because the huge money fight is going to be overeem vs fedor for the belt.They do not want rogers taking the belt from overeem and then have a fedor rogers rematch for the title.It would be interesting but im sure fedor overeem is a bigger draw.

I agree and that's the plan. But then why have Overeem vs. Rogers in the first place? If he loses the Fedor vs. Overeem fight becomes just as derailed.

CG

Noobsters? Don't let post counts fool you my friend MMA and I go back along ways' date=' I just never seen the point in posting in forums until recently.

[/quote']

... I wasn't pointing the finger, my personal definition of a noob isn't based on post-counts,

its a member that says lesnar could beat fedor, (while ignoring their existing resumes') ;)

I would assume (yes I know never assume I made that point earlier) that he is no longer listed as the WAMMA MW Champ once he signed with the UFC? And yes I watched that fight they left the camera on Lindlands twitching body for far to long IMO. Somehow this thread got off track a little here. People took off in a different direction after I brought Fedor into the mix. Now I'm neither what I'd consider a Fedor fan, or hater. I am maybe the one human who is impressed with his accomplishments, but for whatever reason don't need to defend him as the second coming. I enjoy watching him fight as much as any UFC fighter. Believe me I am aware there are multiple Fight Companies around, and I go see live shows whenever I get the chance just to be around the sport. Ok so here are my main points once again :

1) Champs should defend their Titles in every fight they fight, barring a GOOD reason.

2) SF does weird things with their Champs(IMO), and their rankings don't make sense to me.

3) I agree Fedor is the WAMMA HW Champ, but IMO until that is a unified Title it is no more valid than any current Fight Companies Title.

4) Fedor should be fighting for the SF HW Title, doesn't matter who that is his shot should have been guarentee'd.

5) [b']Beer of most brands is delicious!![/b]

Ok that about sums it up. Can't we all just get along? I think the Fedor fans mis-took what I was saying, now how can I get the Brock-Heads going? JK I think he's a beast just a bit of an odd human being.

CG

atleast we agree on one thing

I agree and that's the plan. But then why have Overeem vs. Rogers in the first place? If he loses the Fedor vs. Overeem fight becomes just as derailed.

CG

Overeems 11 losses & last 4 wins put him in the same basic category as Yoshida ...

... the biggest difference being > alistair finished colossus much faster :rolleyes:

I'm so sick of hearing how Dana White refused to let Fedor compete in Sambo. That is not true. It was purely that he would not let M-1 co-promote which is pretty understandable. Also as I understand it the strikeforce titles are put out by the Crackerjack Corportation.

I sent for mine in the mail yesterday, they say it's good for a lifetime, no need to defend, or even earn.

[/b]

I sent for mine in the mail yesterday' date=' they say it's good for a lifetime, no need to defend, or even earn.[/quote']

.. & the UFC hw title ?

lesnar .. looking @ 3-2 ufc if he returns

carwin .. absurd resume & never fought past 2:11 (debut)

mir .. looking @ his 5th tko loss

nogueira .. :rolleyes:

i believe the reason is the fee for them to fight is exremely high and without a good opponent for them strikeforce would have a low amonut of viewing with a high payed mma star which isnt good. Along with them fighting in other organisations whcih they are forced to do becasue strikeforce ant always guarantee big fights for them. Example fedor and overeem. Fedor would probably rather take that fight in dream than agaisnt werdum because who over in the west wants to see fedor fight another has been. At least over in japan its an mma legend over there hes fighting and = alot of money for fedor.

.. & the UFC hw title ?

lesnar .. looking @ 3-2 ufc if he returns

carwin .. absurd resume & never fought past 2:11 (debut)

mir .. looking @ his 5th tko loss

nogueira .. :rolleyes:

*Sigh*' date=' all NEGATIVE speculation :']. Lets be real, not biased.

Yeah, the UFC HW title isn't exactly shaping up to be prestigious ATM, but at least there is other good and important fights and fighters at the division, and the UFC is at least trying. Every other division is doing well though. SF just doesn't exactly look like they 100% know what direction they are going in.

I think the UFC HW division has some great young fighters that could clean out the division and I don't mean Carwin. Cain and JDS look very promising. JDS already has TKO'd Werdum and Cain just took out Big Nog. Mir hasn't always dedicated himself properly to his training but I think he might be at his best right now. (B.J. Penn was kind of like that too.) We'll see if Lesnar can hang on to the title.

WAMMA --the World Association of Mixed Martial Arts-- was created as a sanctioning body by Vadim Finklestein and the other geniuses at M-1 to give their made up title belts some credibility, and the HW belt was AWARDED to Fedor, he never actually beat anyone for it in an announced and sanctioned title fight. WAMMA is staffed by Vadim confidants, M-1 shareholders, and a few well payed "experts and journalists" and is self appointed as the major sanctioning MMA body in Eastern Europe. They shake down local MMA promotions all over Europe for membership dues and sanctioning fees. Their "title" belts are no more credible than anyone else's, in fact IMO less credible.

Yeah they should have held a tournament or something to establish the first wamma heavy weight champ.They gotta have their own belt or whatever fine but just handing it to fedor straight away was cheesy.And as for overeem he is quite exciting to watch and stuff but if u cant defend within a year u should hand it off.You cannot keep the other competitors waiting for years.To me it just shows the lack of depth they have at strikeforce that they have to cling to overeem like that.

WAMMA --the World Association of Mixed Martial Arts-- was created as a sanctioning body by Vadim Finklestein and the other geniuses at M-1 to give their made up title belts some credibility' date=' and [b']the HW belt was AWARDED to Fedor[/b], he never actually beat anyone for it in an announced and sanctioned title fight. WAMMA is staffed by Vadim confidants, M-1 shareholders, and a few well payed "experts and journalists" and is self appointed as the major sanctioning MMA body in Eastern Europe. They shake down local MMA promotions all over Europe for membership dues and sanctioning fees. Their "title" belts are no more credible than anyone else's, in fact IMO less credible.

Wasnt the Slyvia/Fedor fight to crown the first WAMMA HW Champion? Then Fedor defended it against Arlovski & Rogers.

Unlike traditional "sanctioning bodies" WAMMA does not charge a sanctioning fee to promoters and does not place a tax on a fighter's purse.

This was from the website. ^

Archived