Jon Fitch: "If I can stop Thiago Alves, I did something twice GSP couldn't do."

ricoj3323

"I've made a lot of changes. You might not have seen all of them yet. You're going to see them in this fight. Thiago's made a lot of changes, but it's still not enough to beat me. I've got way more tricks up my sleeve about people trying to take me down, than he's been able to develop stopping people from that sort of thing. A win over Thiago puts me right back in line for a title shot. Especially if I can stop him. If I can stop Thiago Alves, I did something twice GSP couldn't do in five rounds. I know that smashing Thiago can put me closer to that title shot, but I'm not worried about that fight right now. I got to worry about Thiago. Everything is based on putting Thiago away."

the more crap i read like this from Fitch, the more im convinced that Fitch is really overrated. i actually think Alves will knock him out this time around, freaking Mike Pierce almost finished Fitch. If Fitch fought GSP again, it would be alot worse. Fitch is dogging on GSP for not finishing Alves but Fitch hasnt finished an opponent since 2007.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Jon-Fitch-If-I-can-stop-Thiago-Alves,-I-did-something-twice-GSP-couldnt-do.html

lmao man jon fitch is in way over his head...first of all if he thinks hes going to be able to take alves down with ease hes in for a treat..alves has improved in every aspect of his game and from what ive seen from jon fitch lately thiago has nothing to be scared off,same ol jon fitch hasnt evolved at all.. im predicting a 2nd round ko for alves

lmao man jon fitch is in way over his head...first of all if he thinks hes going to be able to take alves down with ease hes in for a treat..alves has improved in every aspect of his game and from what ive seen from jon fitch lately thiago has nothing to be scared off' date='same ol jon fitch hasnt evolved at all.. im predicting a 2nd round ko for alves[/quote']

+1

That's funny! I guess Fitch also forgot that GSP tore his groin in the second round and still dominated Alves for the rest of the fight...But Alves is impressive and continues to improve every fight, haven't seen Fitch improve much at all in his fights. Remember Spencer Fisher also finished Alves (triangle) when they fought at LW...so I guess this means that Spencer should bump up to WW and get to fight GSP next.

That's funny! I guess Fitch also forgot that GSP tore his groin in the second round and still dominated Alves for the rest of the fight...But Alves is impressive and continues to improve every fight' date=' haven't seen Fitch improve much at all in his fights. Remember Spencer Fisher also finished Alves (triangle) when they fought at LW...so I guess this means that Spencer should bump up to WW and get to fight GSP next.[/quote']

I think the fight was actually at WW, and Fisher moved down to LW.

But anyways, note that Fitch states a lot of "ifs". I think he knows what he's talking about and isn't really being a **** about it.

I think the fight was actually at WW' date=' and Fisher moved down to LW.

But anyways, note that Fitch states a lot of "ifs". I think he knows what he's talking about and isn't really being a **** about it.[/quote']

Was it at WW? Sorry if I got it wrong.

I do actually like Fitch as a fighter..but finishing Alves twice doesn't make you the champ, beating GSP does.

Fitch lost all confidence in himself, GSP broke him and now hes pretty gunshy I think hes a great fighter but like everyone is saying hes just not the same anymore. I cant remember who said it but I read on here after Paulo beat Swick "Hardy has Swicks soul". Well GSP has Fitchs soul too.

To whoever said it sorry for stealing your line.

But anyways' date=' note that Fitch states a lot of "ifs". I think he knows what he's talking about and isn't really being a **** about it.[/quote']

Agree. He's saying what any fighter should at least be thinking. Nobody goes into a fight thinking they are going to lose... or at least shouldn't.

I have Fitch winning this one.

if fitch doesnt finish him he still did something GSP couldnt do in five rounds. if fitch does finish him he did something twice GSP couldnt do once in 5 rounds. that is fact, however it stops at that. fitch will always be able to claim this but it means nothing when his next fight comes. i got fitch UD

That's alright GSP smashed Fitch's face more in one fight than all Fitch's fights combined. The control GSP had on Alves no one else I don't think has ever been able to do, not even Fitch. Also Alves when he fought Fitch and Alves when he fought GSP are very different fighters.

"I've made a lot of changes. You might not have seen all of them yet. You're going to see them in this fight. Thiago's made a lot of changes' date=' but it's still not enough to beat me. I've got way more tricks up my sleeve about people trying to take me down, than he's been able to develop stopping people from that sort of thing. A win over Thiago puts me right back in line for a title shot. Especially if I can stop him. If I can stop Thiago Alves, I did something twice GSP couldn't do in five rounds. I know that smashing Thiago can put me closer to that title shot, but I'm not worried about that fight right now. I got to worry about Thiago. Everything is based on putting Thiago away."[/i']

the more crap i read like this from Fitch, the more im convinced that Fitch is really overrated. i actually think Alves will knock him out this time around, freaking Mike Pierce almost finished Fitch. If Fitch fought GSP again, it would be alot worse. Fitch is dogging on GSP for not finishing Alves but Fitch hasnt finished an opponent since 2007.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Jon-Fitch-If-I-can-stop-Thiago-Alves,-I-did-something-twice-GSP-couldnt-do.html

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Fitch tko Alves. If he did then he would use that statement in a rematch against GSP. We all saw what GSP did to him the first time... imagine if there was some added motivation.

I actually think that Alves has this fight, but will see.

Fitch bores me as a fighter. I realize that he is one of the top ww fighters but I don't really get excited watching him fight. Alves on the other hand will always be on my good side because of that knee he threw into Matt Hughes's face. I'm hoping Alves can get back on track with this fight.

hahaha! you def hav my vote!

i tried to put bucking as his nickname on his wiki page but some dude changed it after 5 minutes and then sent me a message asking for a reference as to where it is mentioned his nickname is bucking but i never replied.

people should start calling him jon bucking fitch and hopefully it'll stick

• 1 year later...

Archived