For you Mariusza Pudzianowski fans

ThomasTano

I thought he could be an intresting force in MMA but this looks terrible, he is going to get slaughtered when he faces a guy who is not scared **** like the guy he fought in his debut was.

If he get to train a few years he will probably be a machine tho.

What is your opinion after seeing this video? You think he better fight cans and train a couple of years before facing good opponents? After all, striking is supposed to be where his skills are, I believe he has no wrestling or grappling background.

I thought he could be an intresting force in MMA but this looks horrible' date=' he is going to be slaughtered when he faces a guy who is not scared **** like the guy he faught in his debut was.

What is your opinion after seeing this video? You think he better fight cans and train a couple of years before facing good opponents? After all, striking is supposed to be where his skills are, I believe he has no wrestling or grappling background.[/quote']

he is absolutely horrible lol

I highly doubt anyone would be able to knock him out.

Plus he's a beast.

I wouldn't want to be at the end of one of those "bad technique" shots, that's for sure.

In his case, very little technique is necessary for devastation.

Plus, he's still improving. Scary.

I think it's way too early to judge Pudz. He only had one fight with a no name guy. Give him a couple of more fights, we can't say whether he is gonna improve drastically or break down mentally after he gets KTFO the first time. From a fan point of view I would like to see him become a force in the HW division and eventually signing up with UFC

I thought he could be an intresting force in MMA but this looks terrible' date=' he is going to get slaughtered when he faces a guy who is not scared **** like the guy he fought in his debut was.

What is your opinion after seeing this video? You think he better fight cans and train a couple of years before facing good opponents? After all, striking is supposed to be where his skills are, I believe he has no wrestling or grappling background.[/quote']

hey i know lets show our lack of combat sports knowledge by writing off a guy after one fight!!!!!!!!!!!

1.most peoples first fights are horrible if you had ever fought you would understand that you wanna get in get the job done and get out.

2.BROCK lost his first fight in the UFC which was only his second fight!

3.believe me when i say if you or anyone gets kicked by this guy you are going to buckle and be worried you have no idea how strong this guy is he is a monster and you im sure will see that as his career goes on.

4.PUDZ has belts in KARATE is an ex boxer and is by all accounts training bjj twice a day.

5.man i hate it when average joe keyboard calls pro MMA fighters cans!

while i dont think he should be put against top 5 opponents for at least a year i think he will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future,anyone who can take the world strongest man title five times has amazing strength of mind and i cant wait to see him march his way up the ranks.

hey i know lets show our lack of combat sports knowledge by writing off a guy after one fight!!!!!!!!!!!

1.most peoples first fights are horrible if you had ever fought you would understand that you wanna get in get the job done and get out.

2.BROCK lost his first fight in the UFC which was only his second fight!

3.believe me when i say if you or anyone gets kicked by this guy you are going to buckle and be worried you have no idea how strong this guy is he is a monster and you im sure will see that as his career goes on.

4.PUDZ has belts in KARATE is an ex boxer and is by all accounts training bjj twice a day.

5.man i hate it when average joe keyboard calls pro MMA fighters cans!

while i dont think he should be put against top 5 opponents for at least a year i think he will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future' date='anyone who can take the world strongest man title five times has amazing strength of mind and i cant wait to see him march his way up the ranks.[/quote']

Ha, ha, are you for real? Did you even watch the video and read what I posted? Did it look like an ex boxer? If you cant see that he sucks big time at boxing then you should not even post in a MMA forum.

Ha' date=' ha, are you for real? Did you even watch the video and read what I posted? Did it look like an ex boxer? If you cant see that he sucks big time at boxing then you should not even post in a MMA forum.[/quote']

Lack of experience has a tendancy to make people not perform to their abilities in a fight. Brock Lesnar went in overly excited and anxious and got tapped.

That giddiness will dissipate over time. He's going to be a beast in MMA.

Ha' date=' ha, are you for real? Did you even watch the video and read what I posted? Did it look like an ex boxer? If you cant see that he sucks big time at boxing then you should not even post in a MMA forum.[/quote']

Lack of experience has a tendancy to make people not perform to their abilities in a fight. Brock Lesnar went in overly excited and anxious and got tapped.

That giddiness will dissipate over time. He's going to be a beast in MMA.

consider yourself told fool...

What is your opinion after seeing this video?

My opinion is that you prolly live under a rock. This is so old it's not even funny.

You don't even know how long the training had lasted before they started filming. It could've been 5 hours of punching and 6 hours of grappling for all we know.

Did Pudz look slow in the actual fight? Hahaha.

in another thread some dude posted a link to a song by the pudzian band and i watched it and that made me not like him...

I posted it, and that video is a perfectly good reason too like him...not dislike him...your head is on backwards.

I posted it' date=' and that video is a perfectly good reason too like him...not dislike him...your head is on backwards.[/quote']

the song i thought was terrible and the video clip was worse.

my head is on just fine thanks.

i'm sure if i was to read an english version of the lyrics i would have hated it even more too.

Something is wrong with you' date=' you are strange. You probably are a 12 year old or something I will therefore not even try to explain.[/quote']

im 40 thanks and been watching MMA since before you were ******** in your pants (so since last week for you ******** in your pants) the guy KEVBO who comented after your last pathetic post is also an ex cage fighter and knows his stuff in MMA i would take his opinion over yours anyday since you have been on here for like two sec's,you have no idea about this guy since you seem to have your head up your **** and have probably seen like 1 UFC or more likely strikeforce event.

in short you are full of ****e and have no knowledge of MMA so go else where little boy grown ups are talking.

6 feet 1"

287lbs solid muscle

Mariusz-2-1.jpg[/img]

I think he may be bigger he was around 285 early in his strongman career before he won any and I thought the last one I saw him in they had him listed at 309. I know wikipedia has him at 287 they could have listed him heavier then he actually was but I don't know. I've been watching WSM competitions each year since they started showing them on TV 10 or so years ago. I remember when he was young and making the finals but not winning Magnus Samuelson and some Norwegian were pretty dominant at the time.

Either way though he's huge and freakishly strong. A cut to 265 would be tough if he is indeed 309 but I doubt he will have to do that with Tim's **** who is or atleast was 310 against Mercer. Sure its probably SHW bout

i think he may be bigger he was around 285 early in his strongman career before he won any and i thought the last one i saw him in they had him listed at 309. I know wikipedia has him at 287 they could have listed him heavier then he actually was but i don't know. I've been watching wsm competitions each year since they started showing them on tv 10 or so years ago. I remember when he was young and making the finals but not winning magnus samuelson and some norwegian were pretty dominant at the time.

Either way though he's huge and freakishly strong. A cut to 265 would be tough if he is indeed 309 but i doubt he will have to do that with tim's **** who is or atleast was 310 against mercer. Sure its probably shw bout

same here been watching since he first burst onto the wsm stage,yeah i heard at one stage he was 313lbs which is scary but i heard that he fought that first fight at the 287lb weight i listed above but then other sources had him at 277lbs either way he is one gigantic mofo.

same here been watching since he first burst onto the wsm stage' date='yeah i heard at one stage he was 313lbs which is scary but i heard that he fought that first fight at the 287lb weight i listed above but then other sources had him at 277lbs either way he is one gigantic mofo.[/quote']

He actually fought at 277 walking weight. Since KSW doesn't have a HW weight limit he didn't even cut. I'm pretty sure that someone with as much muscle mass as he does, won't have much of a problem cutting 12 pounds. Hell, he could probably even do that just sitting in the sauna for 45 minutes.

Most people with builds like Pudz can cut weight rather easily. Muscle tends to retain a bit more water than fighters at 185 and lower. Lesnar weighs about 300ish lbs at his walking weight. I'm very surprised that people seem to think it would be a tough cut for Pudz. With his special mental toughness, I'm pretty sure a weight cut would be rather simple for him.

He actually fought at 277 walking weight. Since KSW doesn't have a HW weight limit he didn't even cut. I'm pretty sure that someone with as much muscle mass as he does' date=' won't have much of a problem cutting 12 pounds. Hell, he could probably even do that just sitting in the sauna for 45 minutes.

Most people with builds like Pudz can cut weight rather easily. Muscle tends to retain a bit more water than fighters at 185 and lower. Lesnar weighs about 300ish lbs at his walking weight. I'm very surprised that people seem to think it would be a tough cut for Pudz. With his special mental toughness, I'm pretty sure a weight cut would be rather simple for him.[/quote']

Oh I didn't realize he fought at 277 yeah that would be an easy cut. I just remember this past WSM they listed him at 309. They may take those guys weight and add 20 pounds or so just to make them seem a little bigger. I know they've done that in other sports as well.

Oh I didn't realize he fought at 277 yeah that would be an easy cut. I just remember this past WSM they listed him at 309. They may take those guys weight and add 20 pounds or so just to make them seem a little bigger. I know they've done that in other sports as well.

Yeah' date=' I wouldn't doubt that some of the media pumped it up a bit. Here are the actual weigh-in result...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/12/10/1194929/ksw-12-weigh-in-results-mariusz

KSW 12 Weigh-in Results

Marcin Najman - 100.2 kg / 221 lbs

vs. Mariusz Pudzianowski - 125.8 kg / 277 lbs

Yeah' date=' I wouldn't doubt that some of the media pumped it up a bit. Here are the actual weigh-in result...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/12/10/1194929/ksw-12-weigh-in-results-mariusz[/quote']

Well atleast he will be fighting a HW this time. A 221 fighter should be cutting to 205. I can't believe that guy took the fight with him giving up nearly 60 pounds. Pudz should've just treated him like he was doing the stones lift and spiked that dude on his head. He can fly down a course and back with over 220 pounds in each hand.

He actually fought at 277 walking weight. Since KSW doesn't have a HW weight limit he didn't even cut. I'm pretty sure that someone with as much muscle mass as he does' date=' won't have much of a problem cutting 12 pounds. Hell, he could probably even do that just sitting in the sauna for 45 minutes.

Most people with builds like Pudz can cut weight rather easily. Muscle tends to retain a bit more water than fighters at 185 and lower. Lesnar weighs about 300ish lbs at his walking weight. I'm very surprised that people seem to think it would be a tough cut for Pudz. With his special mental toughness, I'm pretty sure a weight cut would be rather simple for him.[/quote']

... Kev, are they going to eventually incorporate some straight punches ? .. he's hook-loopy in that vid :confused:

... Kev' date=' are they going to eventually incorporate some straight punches ? .. he's hook-loopy in that vid :confused:[/quote']

Hard to say... Generally big arms like Pudz has are detrimental to jab power, so he wouldn't choose to use the jab as a weapon but more of a set up punch. He may work a cross into his striking game, but I doubt it would KO someone. Would probably be closer to the effect Brock's cross had on Herring. Huge damage, but not a KO punch. More than likely would end up being more of a "pushed" punch then a KO punch.

I honestly think that once he gets a bit more composure when he's fighting that he will be unstoppable. You cannot train for the strength that he possesses. Submissions on him would have to be limited to chokes and very deep ankle and knee submissions, and unless someone were to land a perfect shot on the face of his chin, or catches him with his mouth open, he's probably next to impossible to KO because of his neck.

I honestly see nothing but upside for him in the fighting game once he learns to not get overly excited at the start of a fight. I'm pretty sure thats only because he's not experienced. I also think that once he does take a loss, it will make him train twice as hard and thats scary. The guy is just a freak, in every facet from physical strength, speed and mobility for his size, and mental toughness.

Couple points I'd like to make and I know this vid is old an Im sure he's much improved now.

What I'd like to see here is constant fients from a distance combined with various types of footwork and head movement. sidestepping, shuffling in and out, slipping inside and outside and slight level changes.

basic drills with that in mind e.g. circling away from the mitt holder ( his power side ) fienting the jab or cross from a distance with side to side and in and out footwork and head movement then the trainer calls out a number which corresponds to a certain combo. Then off of a fient Puz suddenly lunges in ( breaking rhythem in between fients ) and completes the combo and gets back out. Very simple drill that incorperates defensive and offensive footwork, head movment, and fients to setup closing the distance with broken rhythem and throwing combinations then getting back out.

To go a step further the trainer can attack and Puz slips and or blocks it combined with sidestepping, pivoting and or taking a small step back and immediately following up with a 2-3 punch counter combination then getting back out of range.

The main point on this drill is to defend or evade angling away from the attack to limit the power of the attack and to set yourself up in a dominant angle to counter attack and to train yourself with an immediate counter attack mindset. You won't always be able to immediately counter during an attack when an opponent has better speed or reach and sets things up with good fients and proper timing e.g. catching you at a moment ( a beat or half beat ) when your unprepared. Sometimes it's better to defend and sucker them in then then follow-up at the right moment to disrupt thier attack and allow you to steal the initiative.

Im not seeing much of that in this vid and I hate to say it but it's mostly the trainers fault.

Another point I'd like to make is he doesn't know how to breath properly ( he holds his breath ) which is the reason he got tired so quickly.

With all that said he needs to find a good camp and they will hone his technical skills and tactics. Then this guy is going to be a F'kin monster. He's already a physical one and I'd even argue a mental one. He is just lacking in the technical and tactical department but he's got potential.

Oh and call me crazy but I think Tim will beat him if he doesn't take him down. I honestly think the reach will be a factor and I not real confident Puz will be able to deal with it and he might get frustrated and walk right into a big right hand.

people think its tough cos they have never trained and dont have any knowledge how muscle works, its a bit like those people who think anyone with big muscles must be stiff and slow and all the muscle will turn to fat when they stop training! which is not physicaly

possible.

as you said he is mentally tough which is big part of the fight game and a loss would just make him look at why he lost and never do it again unlike trigg.

PUDZ is as far as ive read working bjj twice a day and that can only mean good things for this man,he is awesome at anything he does he is just that kind of guy and i look forward to watching his career.

6 feet 1"

287lbs solid muscle

Mariusz-2-1.jpg

Pudz! Pudz! Pudz!

anyone with a head on his shoulders is going to follow this guys careers. he has the potential to break the HW division with his ******* of steel.

He is a Karateka so I would be surprised if he doesn't cripple a few guys with his brutal kicks.

Couple points I'd like to make and I know this vid is old an Im sure he's much improved now.

What I'd like to see here is constant fients from a distance combined with various types of footwork and head movement. sidestepping' date=' shuffling in and out, slipping inside and outside and slight level changes.

basic drills with that in mind e.g. circling away from the mitt holder ( his power side ) fienting the jab or cross from a distance with side to side and in and out footwork and head movement then the trainer calls out a number which corresponds to a certain combo. Then off of a fient Puz suddenly lunges in ( breaking rhythem in between fients ) and completes the combo and gets back out. Very simple drill that incorperates defensive and offensive footwork, head movment, and fients to setup closing the distance with broken rhythem and throwing combinations then getting back out.

To go a step further the trainer can attack and Puz slips and or blocks it combined with sidestepping, pivoting and or taking a small step back and immediately following up with a 2-3 punch counter combination then getting back out of range.

The main point on this drill is to defend or evade angling away from the attack to limit the power of the attack and to set yourself up in a dominant angle to counter attack and to train yourself with an immediate counter attack mindset. You won't always be able to immediately counter during an attack when an opponent has better speed or reach and sets things up with good fients and proper timing e.g. catching you at a moment ( a beat or half beat ) when your unprepared. Sometimes it's better to defend and sucker them in then then follow-up at the right moment to disrupt thier attack and allow you to steal the initiative.

Im not seeing much of that in this vid and I hate to say it but it's mostly the trainers fault.

Another point I'd like to make is he doesn't know how to breath properly ( he holds his breath ) which is the reason he got tired so quickly.

With all that said he needs to find a good camp and they will hone his technical skills and tactics. Then this guy is going to be a F'kin monster. He's already a physical one and I'd even argue a mental one. He is just lacking in the technical and tactical department but he's got potential.

[b']Oh and call me crazy but I think Tim will beat him if he doesn't take him down. I honestly think the reach will be a factor and I not real confident Puz will be able to deal with it and he might get frustrated and walk right into a big right hand[/b].

I will call you crazy. Tim is past his prime, if you could ever consider being bigger than everyone else a "prime." He took Mercer lightly and got jacked. I have a feeling he will do the Same with Pudz. If not, those leg kicks will rip him in half.

I think you're absolutely correct about his training though. As far as strength and conditioning, I'm pretty sure he can handle that on his own, but he needs to get better trainers for the technical aspect of MMA.

Either way, the sky is the limit for him.

I thought he could be an intresting force in MMA but this looks terrible' date=' he is going to get slaughtered when he faces a guy who is not scared **** like the guy he fought in his debut was.

who's going to fight him that won't be scared poopless? I get scared watching him eat...

His site has him at 287 currently, last nov he was at 310.

I'll give him a year and another 4 fights before I judge.

Dude has great cardio, is agile, and pretty damned quick.

Along with his other past training and future training, he could turn out to be a great mma fighter.

Personally I think it's stupid to start ragging on him after 1 fight which he won, and no he did not look that great but alot don't there very first fight, give him a few more, and then judge.

His site has him at 287 currently' date=' last nov he was at 310.

Along with his other past training and future training, he could turn out to be a great mma fighter.

Personally I think it's stupid to start ragging on him after 1 fight which he won, and no he did not look that great but alot don't there very first fight, give him a few more, and then judge.[/quote']

great cardio..speed? have u seen his training vids..the guy was out of breathe sparring for 2 minutes..and he isnt quick being that heavy ur not gona be quick

great cardio..speed? have u seen his training vids..the guy was out of breathe sparring for 2 minutes..and he isnt quick being that heavy ur not gona be quick

So you know exactly what he did prior to the video you posted? That coulda been a 2 minute parse to make people think he''s not in good shape. It coulda been a parse after he got done doing a hellacious workout.

The guy is a world class athlete. Quit doubting his physical ability, his heart, and his mental toughness because of a 2 minute youtube video.

His site has him at 287 currently' date=' last nov he was at 310.

Personally I think it's stupid to start ragging on him after 1 fight which he won, and no he did not look that great but alot don't there very first fight, give him a few more, and then judge.[/quote']

well said sir!

you are a no nothing BJ penn fan so what would you know about cardio?

So you know exactly what he did prior to the video you posted? That coulda been a 2 minute parse to make people think he''s not in good shape. It coulda been a parse after he got done doing a hellacious workout.

The guy is a world class athlete. Quit doubting his physical ability' date=' his heart, and his mental toughness because of a 2 minute youtube video.[/quote']

right on the money.

The guy is a world class athlete. Quit doubting his physical ability' date=' his heart, and his mental toughness because of a 2 minute youtube video.[/quote']

+1

hes worlds strongest man. that isn't just a musclar power competition but a muscular endurance one aswell.

these guys repeatedly lift and move with multiple times their own weight and often do so for extend periods and with many reps. They throw massive weights into the air, drag half a ton or more, pull airplanes 100 feet.

add to that Pudz years of karate, 7 years of amateur boxing, and he plays rugby. the man is a FREAK. He's raw now, I can wait to see him after he gets a few more fights under his belt.

+1

hes worlds strongest man. that isn't just a musclar power competition but a muscular endurance one aswell.

these guys repeatedly lift and move with multiple times their own weight and often do so for extend periods and with many reps. They throw massive weights into the air' date=' drag half a ton or more, pull airplanes 100 feet.

add to that Pudz years of karate, 7 years of amateur boxing, and he plays rugby. the man is a FREAK. He's raw now, I can wait to see him after he gets a few more fights under his belt.[/quote']

1 punch in the stomach will take all his air away, no matter how many hours he can endure lifting heavy weights. Even boxers who train to endure 15 rounds immediately gassed out if hit at the stomach.

That's the difference when your sport is an individual presentation against sports where you are fighting someone.

1 punch in the stomach will take all his air away' date=' no matter how many hours he can endure lifting heavy weights. Even boxers who train to endure 15 rounds immediately gassed out if hit at the stomach.

That's the difference when your sport is an individual presentation against sports where you are fighting someone.[/quote']

Except from Lesnar who can take a punch in the stomach from God himself and be fine...

Archived