The thread to end all other Brock hatred threads

Bubbaman

Why so must hatred towards Brock?? Is it because of his attitude after beating Frank Mirror, I'm sure adrenaline and being amped up had something to do with it

I don't see so much hatred for Aoki who gave the finger to his opponents face while he was on the ground with a broken arm in pain. Or so much hatred for Frank Mir who wishes death upon Brock, saying he wishes him to be the death due to octagon related injuries. I'm sure if it was reversed and Brick said this about Mir the **** would hit fan.

Or is it because he wrestled for a couple years in the wwe and there is so much dislike and disgust for fake wrestling among us mma fans. Are we so quick to forget that a few of our beloved mma pioneers had a few short stints in wwe such as Ken Shamrock (who actually was a champion I believe at one point). Dan Severn and I'm sure there are more but these are the only two most popular guys I can think of at the moment. Yet they come back to the octagon and all is forgotten and forgiven.

So I ask all of my fellow MMA fans, why so much hatred towards Brock? It's not like he came from nowhere with no actual background, the man is a accomplished NCAA wrestler.

Why so must hatred towards Brock?? Is it because of his attitude after beating Frank Mirror' date=' I'm sure adrenaline and being amped up had something to do with it

[b']I don't see so much hatred for Aoki [/b]who gave the finger to his opponents face while he was on the ground with a broken arm in pain. Or so much hatred for Frank Mir who wishes death upon Brock, saying he wishes him to be the death due to octagon related injuries. I'm sure if it was reversed and Brick said this about Mir the **** would hit fan.

Or is it because he wrestled for a couple years in the wwe and there is so much dislike and disgust for fake wrestling among us mma fans. Are we so quick to forget that a few of our beloved mma pioneers had a few short stints in wwe such as Ken Shamrock (who actually was a champion I believe at one point). Dan Severn and I'm sure there are more but these are the only two most popular guys I can think of at the moment. Yet they come back to the octagon and all is forgotten and forgiven.

So I ask all of my fellow MMA fans, why so much hatred towards Brock? It's not like he came from nowhere with no actual background, the man is a accomplished NCAA wrestler.

Does anyone like Aoki as a person?? I doubt it, people dont talk about him because this is a UFC forum.

I think your missing the point, people dont hate Brock because of Pro Wrestling they dont like thim because of his personality

Alot of hatred probably comes from him coming from WWE

some to his Attitude

and to the Fact he was 1-1 in the UFC and got a Title Shot.

i dont hate him i think he will be champ for some time to come i dont see anybody beating him for a while.

in saying thta i am not a fan either

Alot of hatred probably comes from him coming from WWE

some to his Attitude

i dont hate him i think he will be champ for some time to come i dont see anybody beating him for a while.

in saying thta i am not a fan either

im exactly the same. Also it brings new idiotic fans aswell who suggest tag teams matches and stuff seen that a few times on here. And Martial Arts is about living the martial way and being respectfull. And alot of people hate mir on here, and with aoki everyone is amazed by his skills aswell. Brock is disrespectfull to fans aswell which is a big one. I dont hate him, but i dont like him either. He got fast tracked to a title made a defense against mir, and alot of people are saying hes the best fighter ever.

He got fast tracked to a title made a defense against mir' date=' and alot of people are saying hes the best fighter ever.[/quote']

This is the main thing I hate about it. I do not hate brock. But I don't like him either. But I absolutely hate the brock fans. They talk about the guy like he is an MMA god. Best fighter ever? Not even a top ten. I've even seen people say best P4P of all time. Do these people know what P4P means????? POUND FOR POUND. He is a 300 pound man. Brock is a big, strong guy with good wrestling. He is fast for his size. The end. He is not the best ever, not the best P4P, not the best UFC HW champion ever. Thats my opinion, so you brockettes don't need to come back and tell me why i'm wrong. Its my opinion, yours is yours.

This is the main thing I hate about it. I do not hate brock. But I don't like him either. But I absolutely hate the brock fans. They talk about the guy like he is an MMA god. Best fighter ever? Not even a top ten. I've even seen people say best P4P of all time. Do these people know what P4P means????? POUND FOR POUND. He is a 300 pound man. Brock is a big' date=' strong guy with good wrestling. He is fast for his size. The end. He is not the best ever, not the best P4P, not the best UFC HW champion ever. Thats my opinion, so you brockettes don't need to come back and tell me why i'm wrong. Its my opinion, yours is yours.[/quote']

+1

This is the main thing I hate about it. I do not hate brock. But I don't like him either. But I absolutely hate the brock fans. They talk about the guy like he is an MMA god. Best fighter ever? Not even a top ten. I've even seen people say best P4P of all time. Do these people know what P4P means????? POUND FOR POUND. He is a 300 pound man. Brock is a big' date=' strong guy with good wrestling. He is fast for his size. The end. He is not the best ever, not the best P4P, not the best UFC HW champion ever. Thats my opinion, so you brockettes don't need to come back and tell me why i'm wrong. Its my opinion, yours is yours.[/quote']

Wow! Lots of anger there buddy, need a tissue? As I respect your opinion you really should not put all Brock fans in the same category. I am a fan of Brock and will be regardless of a loss etc etc. Do I think he is the best fighter ever? Absolutely not, he has a very very long way to go to get that honor. Do I think he is the best P4P? Absolutely not, he probably never will get that badge. Is he in the top ten? Yeah, he probably is because of his superior size and speed. Does it matter if he beats everyone with his wrestling and GnP? Nope, because that is what works for him regardless of if he knew and was proficient in all other disciplines. If you are an athlete you know you generally play to your strengths and clearly that is what Brock does.

Despite if you are a Brock fan or not you should still give credit where credit is due. I heavily dislike Mir but still give him credit for being a great skilled fighter. He has some great wins to go with his terrible losses. He will remain a top 10 HW fighter probably for the remainder of his career. I believe your screenname is "nonbiased," maybe you should live up to your name.

Wow! Lots of anger there buddy' date=' need a tissue? As I respect your opinion you really should not put all Brock fans in the same category. I am a fan of Brock and will be regardless of a loss etc etc. Do I think he is the best fighter ever? Absolutely not, he has a very very long way to go to get that honor. Do I think he is the best P4P? Absolutely not, he probably never will get that badge. Is he in the top ten? Yeah, he probably is because of his superior size and speed. Does it matter if he beats everyone with his wrestling and GnP? Nope, because that is what works for him regardless of if he knew and was proficient in all other disciplines. If you are an athlete you know you generally play to your strengths and clearly that is what Brock does.

Despite if you are a Brock fan or not you should still give credit where credit is due. I heavily dislike Mir but still give him credit for being a great skilled fighter. He has some great wins to go with his terrible losses. He will remain a top 10 HW fighter probably for the remainder of his career. I believe your screenname is "nonbiased," maybe you should live up to your name.[/quote']

Um....No. Not angry at all. I was just stating what I hate about the brock fans. Sorry to group you all together. But you know the 90% that i'm talking about. And you sorta fit in that group. I stated my opinion and your first response was an insult. And I didn't see in my post where I stated that how he gets his wins is wrong. Do you need a tissue? Why are you getting defensive? I stated his strong points, which you agreed with. Superior size and speed with good wrestling. Also, in what way is my opinion biased? I didn't say brock sucks at all. I didn't say anyone was better than he is at anything. I didn't say one single negative thing about the guy. So how was I biased??

some to his Attitude

I believe he got the title shot to see if randy could hang with the super heavyweights now present in the heavyweight division, coming into that fight brock was an underdog, on paper, randy should have won, brock didnt have much mma experience, but it was to prove that if he could beat randy, then he'd have to beat the guy who beat him already, which he did, randy vs brock was a test for both randy as well as brock lesnar, if brock lost he would have to take the long way to get a title shot again. if randy won it would prove he didnt need to go back to lightheavyweight.

I hope carwin wins, id love to see carwin vs brock lesnar, then i hope to see carwin vs cain love to see 2 undefeated guys fight, or even brock vs cain.

So far I hear most of you say you don't like him because of his attitude, he got a title shot to soon or he is just bad for the sport. As for attitude as I stated in my OP, there are other fighters in MMA with attitudes just as bad if not worse than Brock. When someone wishes death upon a particular individual Ala Frank Mir, I think that's more of a scumbag move than Brock's attitude.

And as for him being bad for the sport, please elaborate on this. I feel someone like kimbo is bad for the sport With him being a street thug and all.

I'm not a huge Brock fan, just trying to understand all of the hatred for him out there.

I am not coming here everyday far from it but what strikes me is i never really saw anyone claiming brock was pound for pound best beside huge and evident trollers. What i see everyday tho is people posting their "wishful thinking" about brock getting beaten by his next opponent whoever it will be.

The first time i saw hiw was against Hearring, didnt knew he was a WWE fighter hell i though that association was called WWF might have been at some point when i used to watch hulk hogan and train with the blue dumbell sets !

In anycase i was greatly impress whith his athletic skill set and his speed. And told myself i would follow his fighting career with great interest. Yes i am ready to say the war comes from the MMA fans who despise fake wrestling. Me ? i don't care about fake wrestling, they put on a good show, not my type but i don't go see the circus either and that dosent make it bad. So what if he got fan from there ? I don't care, i actually like Brock's attitude, and the fact that he laugh at the fans who boo him.

In a way hes more intelligent because i am pretty sure he dosent wake up in the night to hate them ... while them... hmmm they are obsessed it seems, at least from what i see on these boards.

Wow! Lots of anger there buddy' date=' need a tissue? As I respect your opinion you really should not put all Brock fans in the same category. I am a fan of Brock and will be regardless of a loss etc etc. Do I think he is the best fighter ever? Absolutely not, he has a very very long way to go to get that honor. Do I think he is the best P4P? Absolutely not, he probably never will get that badge. Is he in the top ten? Yeah, he probably is because of his superior size and speed. Does it matter if he beats everyone with his wrestling and GnP? Nope, because that is what works for him regardless of if he knew and was proficient in all other disciplines. If you are an athlete you know you generally play to your strengths and clearly that is what Brock does.

Despite if you are a Brock fan or not you should still give credit where credit is due. I heavily dislike Mir but still give him credit for being a great skilled fighter. He has some great wins to go with his terrible losses. He will remain a top 10 HW fighter probably for the remainder of his career. I believe your screenname is "nonbiased," maybe you should live up to your name.[/quote']

+1

Very well said. All these other posts are just trying to get someone to engage in a pissing contest.

no hate' date=' .. he's just not an mma fighter & was handed the title by a 46yr old lhw in his 3rd

UFC match after tapping in 1:30 two fights earlier ...[/quote']

If it's not hate then you must just be jealous. You can talk all you want about how he didn't deserve a shot at the title but the fact remains that he got it and took advantage of it. Just getting a title shot does not automatically give you the belt, you still have to earn it by winning, which he did!

I've said this before, but the things people on this forum say about Brock are far worse than anything he's ever said. I just goes to show how hypocritical people are. Oh how the irony is laiden think on these forums.

Funny part is, Brock isn't really that disrespectful, even at UFC 100. Sure it may have been a little "caught off guard" type of situation, but it isn't anymore disrespectful than what others fighters have said over the years. Tito Ortiz gave the middle finger in the ring and cussed out Coleman just about a month ago. Royce Gracie can be a ****y **** before he fights Hughes and no one says anything. BJ Penn can say he's going to kill GSP and no one makes a big deal out of it. Frank Mir says he wants Brock to die and everyone still thinks Lesnar is more disrespectful.

It's just plain unneeded and unneccessary hate towards a new, learning, promising fighter. It's totally uncalled for and completely hypocritical on so many of the people on this forum. Go go gadget irony.

Why are people upset that he got a title shot so early? He won. He beat the champion convincingly and then beat the #1 contender convincingly as well. You also have to look at what the HW division was like at the time: it sucked. People had no interest in it until he came along. 2009 was a great year for the division, there's a lot of hype now.

I'm not a huge Brock fan. I don't think he's the baddest mofo on the planet and I'll even say he's in danger of being beaten since he is one-dimensional and people have started to pack on muscle to negate the size difference.

I've said this before' date=' but the things people on this forum say about Brock are far worse than anything he's ever said. I just goes to show how hypocritical people are. Oh how the irony is laiden think on these forums.

Funny part is, Brock isn't really that disrespectful, even at UFC 100. Sure it may have been a little "caught off guard" type of situation, but it isn't anymore disrespectful than what others fighters have said over the years. Tito Ortiz gave the middle finger in the ring and cussed out Coleman just about a month ago. Royce Gracie can be a ****y **** before he fights Hughes and no one says anything. BJ Penn can say he's going to kill GSP and no one makes a big deal out of it. Frank Mir says he wants Brock to die and everyone still thinks Lesnar is more disrespectful.

It's just plain unneeded and unneccessary hate towards a new, learning, promising fighter. It's totally uncalled for and completely hypocritical on so many of the people on this forum. Go go gadget irony.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more!! I'm just trying to understand why so much hate towards the man when in reality there have been bigger scumbags over the years and present day that have been a lot worse and don't get looked upon the same way Lesnar does. People say he is bad for the sport, please explain on how he is bad for sport.

alot of hatred probably comes from him coming from wwe

some to his attitude

and to the fact he was 1-1 in the ufc and got a title shot.

I dont hate him i think he will be champ for some time to come i dont see anybody beating him for a while.

In saying thta i am not a fan either

plus 1000000000

I dont hate him. I hate the hype soruonding him.

1. I dont like that people think that he is some MMA good and ranked number one by some while clearly he has a lot to prove. There are people in the UFC that are on a longer win streak than him with more quality opponents under their belt yet Brock is a champ. JSD and Cain should be ranked higher than him.

2. I dont like that he got a title shot so early while clearly Werdum should get one before Brock. Seriously how can a loss and a decision over always mediocre Herring grants you a title shot

3. Then there is his adittute.

4. I dont like his style and I never cherred for big guys beacuse they look so akward to me.

Um....No. Not angry at all. I was just stating what I hate about the brock fans. Sorry to group you all together. But you know the 90% that i'm talking about. And you sorta fit in that group. I stated my opinion and your first response was an insult. And I didn't see in my post where I stated that how he gets his wins is wrong. Do you need a tissue? Why are you getting defensive? I stated his strong points' date=' which you agreed with. Superior size and speed with good wrestling. Also, in what way is my opinion biased? I didn't say brock sucks at all. I didn't say anyone was better than he is at anything. I didn't say one single negative thing about the guy. So how was I biased??[/quote']

Me...Go read all of my post buddy! Very non-biased! First of all, you say negative things about Brock fans. And clearly if you read a majority of post by a majority of fans they all are very similar in their approach. With that being said, it is clear that you have an issue. The tissue insult... that is because you are whining about the fact that it is your opinion etc etc. Well Brock fans have their opinions and you should shut your mouth about it because it is their opinions. The point of a forum is for people to give their opinions as you did. You clearly think that your opinion is sacred and other peoples are not. This is being Biased towards your opinion. And clearly again when you say Brock isn't the best at this, that or the other that is once again saying that someone else is better than him at something. You clearly are somewhat intelligent because you know how to post something and attack, but leave it open for a backpedal. That is a compliment to you because it is an art. So as I do agree with you on his strong points, it is my opinion that you should not attack Brock fans for their antics etc when just about every fan is the same way.

So far I hear most of you say you don't like him because of his attitude' date=' he got a title shot to soon or he is just bad for the sport. As for attitude as I stated in my OP, there are other fighters in MMA with attitudes just as bad if not worse than Brock. When someone wishes death upon a particular individual Ala Frank Mir, I think that's more of a scumbag move than Brock's attitude.

And as for him being bad for the sport, please elaborate on this. I feel someone like kimbo is bad for the sport With him being a street thug and all.

I'm not a huge Brock fan, just trying to understand all of the hatred for him out there.[/quote']

sorry but Frank Mir can do what he wants when he wants he could of killed brock anytime but he knew this was going to happen so he let brock win there 2nd fight so he could make more money end of story

Ya sure Aoki may have disrespected his opponent after a fight. And sure Mir made some comments that about a million fighters before him have made (bleeding heart hippies on this forum make me lol). But Brock insulted his opponent, insulted the fans, insulted a major ufc sponsor, insulted his wife, and shat on all of mma in just about 30 seconds.

Me...Go read all of my post buddy! Very non-biased! First of all' date=' you say negative things about Brock fans. And clearly if you read a majority of post by a majority of fans they all are very similar in their approach. With that being said, it is clear that you have an issue. The tissue insult... that is because you are whining about the fact that it is your opinion etc etc. Well Brock fans have their opinions and you should shut your mouth about it because it is their opinions. The point of a forum is for people to give their opinions as you did. You clearly think that your opinion is sacred and other peoples are not. This is being Biased towards your opinion. And clearly again when you say Brock isn't the best at this, that or the other that is once again saying that someone else is better than him at something. You clearly are somewhat intelligent because you know how to post something and attack, but leave it open for a backpedal. That is a compliment to you because it is an art. So as I do agree with you on his strong points, it is my opinion that you should not attack Brock fans for their antics etc when just about every fan is the same way.[/quote']

How can one not be biased towards their opinion??? You say clearly I have an issue, when i started out my post with "thats what I hate about it the most". So yeah, I was already aware of my issue and i'm aware of what a forum is. YES, I do think my opinion is correct. It would be pretty dumb to have an opinion on something, and think its incorrect at the same time. Also, you explain what a forum is after telling me to shut my mouth. Thats a little confusing. I said that it was my opinion, and theirs is theirs. So I don't see the reason for us having this conversation at all. But some people just like to argue on computers. I am not one of them. Have a good one.

How can one not be biased towards their opinion??? You say clearly I have an issue' date=' when i started out my post with "thats what I hate about it the most". So yeah, I was already aware of my issue and i'm aware of what a forum is. YES, I do think my opinion is correct. It would be pretty dumb to have an opinion on something, and think its incorrect at the same time. Also, you explain what a forum is after telling me to shut my mouth. Thats a little confusing. I said that it was my opinion, and theirs is theirs. So I don't see the reason for us having this conversation at all. But some people just like to argue on computers. I am not one of them. Have a good one.[/quote']

You actually proved my point with this post. Thank you.

Why are people upset that he got a title shot so early? He won. He beat the champion convincingly and then beat the #1 contender convincingly as well. You also have to look at what the HW division was like at the time: it sucked. People had no interest in it until he came along. 2009 was a great year for the division' date=' there's a lot of hype now.

I'm not a huge Brock fan. I don't think he's the baddest mofo on the planet and I'll even say he's in danger of being beaten since he is one-dimensional and people have started to pack on muscle to negate the size difference.[/quote']

thats because they are boxing fans at heart they want the good fioghters to fight 80 cans before a title shot.

Archived