Jon Jones will beat Anderson Silva at the end of 2011

RIPPEDATHLETE

lol some people have NO IDEA how good Anderson Silva is

let me put it into perspective....

pretty good fighters/future potential - Nate Marquardt, John Jones, Ryan Bader, Kenny Florian, Forrest Griffin

great fighters/immediate potential (can easily beat the good fighters) - Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, Dan Henderson

amazing fighters - Rampage, BJ Penn, GSP

on another level (can crush the amazing fighters) - Fedor, Anderson Silva

pretty good fighters/future potential - Nate Marquardt' date=' John Jones, Ryan Bader, Kenny Florian, Forrest Griffin

great fighters/immediate potential (can easily beat the good fighters) - Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, Dan Henderson

on another level (can crush the amazing fighters) - Fedor, Anderson Silva[/quote']

Please, BJ Penn should be in the 'on another level' and Rampage should not be in amazing fighters.

This is getting ridiculous with the hype around Jones lol. I personally think he won't even get pass Vera. He needs a lot more experience. I agree he looks good in his fights and is extremely athletic but honestly he hasn't fought anyone to get the hype he is getting. On top of that he only finished one of his fights in the ufc.

In time i do see him becoming a good fighter but they're bringing him up to fast imo.

pretty good fighters/future potential - Nate Marquardt' date=' John Jones, Ryan Bader, Kenny Florian, Forrest Griffin

on another level (can crush the amazing fighters) - Fedor, Anderson Silva[/quote']

i would put bj and gsp on

on another level

and take out carwin

hes not shown enough he needs to beat mir first man before he becomes great

If Mazzagatti wasn't officiating his bout vs Hammill, it would have been two stoppages in the UFC. Cause we all know where that fight was going long before the 6-to-12 took place. Hype is warranted, he didnt thrust it upon himself, he got it thrust upon him for demolishing everyone that stood in front of him.

I remember the people who said the same thing before the Hammill fight, about how it would be to see him go against another wrestler. Haha, man I can't wait to see how he gets Vera to the ground, because we all know another one of those throw will happen; just a matter of when.

lol @ this

This is nearly as good as your Bader vs. Marquardt thread...

riveting stuff

What are you talking about. Lets get serious here. I hate Silva just because of his talking **** all the time but he is the best fighter in the ufc. Other then brock. Silva has cleaned out that division and now its time for him to hold 2 belts or at least give one up. i dunno. he just needs to move up in weight and I think Jon jones will be the first to beat him. who are you anyways Mr Miyagi

IMO I would have to say based on BJ last couple fights...granted in his weight class I would say he is on another level. But...I do see where you are going with your post and agree with what you are saying.

What are your thoughts on Jones vs Silva at the end of 2011

I hope Jones develops and improves upon his already great start, remember this guy is only 22 so should not be pushed just now. Lets see what happens with vera first, i personally think it will be a tough fight for him but Jones will win. Thatr said, 3 or 4 more fights until end of 2011 and if he beats top class opposition and Silva remains dominant then yes it can and prob will happen.

Please' date=' BJ Penn should be in the 'on another level' and Rampage should not be in amazing fighters.[/quote']

St. Pierre and BJ Penn could be considered the "at another level" but not quite at Fedor/Silva

John Jones is definitely impressive, but then again so is Griffin and Franklin. Just gotta realize that a champion is much different than imprssive

What makes you think he could beat silva

Silva has recently ko'd James Irvin, Forrest Griffin, and Dan Henderson

Jon Jones has a decision win over Andre Gusmao, 2nd round submission over Jake O'Brien, and a decision over Stephen Bonnar

I'm not being argumentitive, I'm just wondering how you came to the opinion that jones could beat him?

how you could say Jones' ok perfomances against fighters like Gusmao and O'Brien compare to Anderson Silva's performances against people like Henderson and Franklin

What makes you think he could beat silva

Silva has recently ko'd James Irvin' date=' Forrest Griffin, and Dan Henderson

Jon Jones has a decision win over Andre Gusmao, 2nd round submission over Jake O'Brien, and a decision over Stephen Bonnar

I'm not being argumentitive, I'm just wondering how you came to the opinion that jones could beat him?

how you could say Jones' ok perfomances against fighters like Gusmao and O'Brien compare to Anderson Silva's performances against people like Henderson and Franklin[/quote']

Silva submitted Henderson..

unless Jones completely dominates and finishes Vera then he wont be even close to Silvas level.. im a big jones fan.. but even againt Brandon i feel his chances are slim.. Jones looks great and all that but it changes when you get in there with an elite fighter.. this Vera fight will answer my questions but as of now i dont think Jones is ready for the top contenders at 205.. rampage, shogun, machida... i think theyll blow through Jones

Jones looks great and all that but it changes when you get in there with an elite fighter..

+10000

This is something that real mma fans understand

Diego Sanchez is a great great fighter, but as soon as u put him against BJ Penn he looks like a beginner

Archived