Like/Dislike Game

pmctaggart08

I thought it would be fun to make a game where you choose a fighter and then say something you like and dislike about that same fighter. These can be serious or joking comments but just keep it ethical. For Example:

Junior Dos Santos

Like: His boxing skills are very impressive for a young fighter.

Dislike: His ear will fall off during one of his fights and he will get handed a loss by ref stoppage.

Who's next?

Dana White

Like the fact that he has an opinion and will not sugarcoat it' date=' regardless of who it will offend.

Dislike the signing of James Toney as it's not truly relevant to progressing MMA. Leave gimmick signings to Strikeforce.[/quote']

Gimmicks make money in any up and coming franchise. It's a lot like opening up a new bar: You need to give people a reason to show up.

Gimmicks make money in any up and coming franchise. It's a lot like opening up a new bar: You need to give people a reason to show up.

I disagree, ufc's surely alot more than an up and coming franchise nowadays.

All shows are sell outs, and record numbers of pay per view buys.

James Toney? We don't need him m8, and he'll be exposed imo

But it would be more beneficial to sign younger boxers and convert them to MMA, rather than people who have already had a career and are unlikely to make any impact in the sport.

But it would be more beneficial to sign younger boxers and convert them to MMA' date=' rather than people who have already had a career and are unlikely to make any impact in the sport.[/quote']

I disagree' date=' ufc's surely alot more than an up and coming franchise nowadays.

James Toney? We don't need him m8, and he'll be exposed imo[/quote']

Dana White has stated numerous times that the UFC has only scratched the surface in terms of how big it's going to be.

When did I say James Toney was going to do well? I said he's going to put new fans in the seats.

Dana White has stated numerous times that the UFC has only scratched the surface in terms of how big it's going to be.

When did I say James Toney was going to do well? I said he's going to put new fans in the seats.

I don't disagree that it's a populist move, but if Dana is trying to send an "MMA is better than boxing" message, then he needs to prove it against someone who is still relevant in boxing terms, and not a former great looking for a payday.

I disagree' date=' ufc's surely alot more than an up and coming franchise nowadays.

James Toney? We don't need him m8, and he'll be exposed imo[/quote']

I don't disagree that it's a populist move' date=' but if Dana is trying to send an "MMA is better than boxing" message, then he needs to prove it against someone who is still relevant in boxing terms, and not a former great looking for a payday.[/quote']

Wait, why are you talking to me about MMA vs Boxing?

I wasn't particularly. I was saying that the signing of James Toney was a bad decision' date=' and the conversation just went that way.[/quote']

Because you steered it that way.

And how is signing James Toney bad for business? The number of fans that he's going to bring over from boxing is going to pay for his contract for the year, and then some.

Because you steered it that way.

And how is signing James Toney bad for business? The number of fans that he's going to bring over from boxing is going to pay for his contract for the year' date=' and then some.[/quote']

I didn't say it was bad for business, just that I think it's a bad decision for the sport. Finanacially, it probably will bring in huge revenue, but I couldn't care less about seeing a faded boxer in the octagon. I couldn't give a damn about MMA vs Boxing, but James Toney has nothing to offer the UFC IMO.

Archived