Ufc v wec

stokesyboy

I consider myself to be a fan of MMA and have been watching since UFC 1 but only seriously got into it since circa UFC 55ish. My question is this. I do not watch WEC. I don't know, but the little guys fighting just dont excite me in the way the bigger lads do and i have never really tuned it

Am i missing out?

To each their own.

All I can say is' date=' all the fights with the "little guys" are exciting and up-tempo.

If you're a fan of that stuff, then yes, you're missing out.

There's usually less flashy KOs, but the action is incredible.[/quote']

Its a bit like bantamweight and flyweight boxers eh?

I consider myself to be a fan of MMA and have been watching since UFC 1 but only seriously got into it since circa UFC 55ish. My question is this. I do not watch WEC. I don't know' date=' but the little guys fighting just dont excite me in the way the bigger lads do and i have never really tuned it

Am i missing out?[/quote']

The answer is kind of. There are some really good fighters in the WEC such as Aldo, Benevidez (sorry if my spelling is off) and Ben Henderson who trains with BJ Penn. The fights are not consistently as exciting as the UFC but they do put on good fights for "little guys."

thread fail

Wrong.

To the OP, I'm not a big fan of the WEC. If I see it on Versus, I'll watch it. It's definitely worth watching if you catch it on TV. I'm just the kind of guy that likes seeing heavier people fight. The punches have more power and the slams are more devastating.

i enjoy both equally but sometimes favor wec because im a small guy and dont see ufc adding a featherweight or bantamweight class anytime soon

I think the actual size of the person watching has a lot to do with it too. I'm a bigger guy, 6'0 200 lbs, which is why I love watching the 205 division.

Go to Pancrase.org and check out Cruz vs Bowles' date=' there were some really good fights on the WEC 47 card.

Also I really like the ring announcer in WEC, sign him up UFC!![/quote']

Bruce Buffer is the best you can get. so no. sorry

Archived