Anderson Silva 3 weight title holder?

ufcnub

Anderson Silva is the most dominant MW. I think it is a pretty safe assumption that when he moves up to LHW he is going to dominant that division as well. The question that must be posed is once he holds the LHW whats next?

Can Anderson Silva beat Brock Lesnar? Thoughts?

Anderson Silva is the most dominant MW. I think it is a pretty safe assumption that when he moves up to LHW he is going to dominant that division as well. The question that must be posed is once he holds the LHW whats next?

Nope.........and he better just worry about chael Sonnen beating the English out of him!

Are you guys serious? Please tell me you're also high on drugs and not just Silva's balls!

He would get raped by decent LHWs not to mention HWs. They would eat him as a snack.

Man' date=' there are some seriously deranged people here...

Cheers[/quote']

Ha, I think you could call Forrest and Irvin decent LHWs, they didn't exactly rape him!!

good LHWs would beat him (theres a few names, but then again i COULD see him beating the LHW guys, with some luck, good planning, bla bla bla).

but HW...... brock would kill him.

i want to see roy nelson vs anderson silva

anderson silva works his **** standing and keeps distance for 2 rounds, crowd loves it!!! then roy gets a hold of him finally... and then the moon lands on him, and he dies, and they never find his body....

Ha' date=' I think you could call Forrest and Irvin decent LHWs, they didn't exactly rape him!![/quote']

I saw that comment coming since i forgot to mention that IMO that was the worst Forrest's performance ever.

As for Irvin i agree he is a good fighter but it happens. Poor strategy and over aggressiveness will not take you far against Silva.

So let me be more specific: Rampage, Shogun, Machida, Thiago Silva, and maybe even Rashad but i'm not so sure about that one, would kick his butt pretty bad.

Cheers

He could probly take out a few hw guys' date=' but he would have trouble with the bigger ones like Brock and Carwin. I believe he would light up Cain before it went to the ground!![/quote']

thats a good point. i believe he would beat cain though by knockout. and plus silva is no slouch on the ground he has submitted some of the best guys in the world.

I saw that comment coming since i forgot to mention that IMO that was the worst Forrest's performance ever.

As for Irvin i agree he is a good fighter but it happens. Poor strategy and over aggressiveness will not take you far against Silva.

So let me be more specific: Rampage' date=' Shogun, Machida, Thiago Silva, and maybe even Rashad but i'm not so sure about that one, would kick his butt pretty bad.

Cheers[/quote']

Yes, there is a reason why it was his worst performance, he was fighting Silva. He tends to make other fighters look bad!!

Rampage......huge reach dis-advantage

Shogun.......great match up

Machida.....training partner

Thiago, and Rashad....no way

I wouldn't doubt him at LHW he would most likely dominate. But HW he would have alot of trouble!!

Yes' date=' there is a reason why it was his worst performance, he was fighting Silva. He tends to make other fighters look bad!!

Rampage......huge reach dis-advantage

Shogun.......great match up

Machida.....training partner

Thiago, and Rashad....no way

I wouldn't doubt him at LHW he would most likely dominate. But HW he would have alot of trouble!![/quote']

No disrespect to you or anything, but Forrest faced Rampage (who i consider to be more dangerous in LHW than Silva) and looked way better so i don't think that was the reason.

I know Silva is friends with Machida and they would never fought, i was just stating who i think would beat Silva easily.

As for Rampage and his huge reach disadvantage as you put it, trust me it would make no big difference. Page would literally demolish Silva in LHW.

Rashad in his best version also very likely altho we would all probably fall asleep during that fight :)

Thiago Silva has a great chin and excellent muay thai and if he worked on his conditioning more, he would have a great chance against Spider.

All this is of course my opinion but i respect yours as well.

Cheers

anferson can def hold the LHW title . But no way he can hold the HW title , even though he may be big enough there are much bigger wrestlers there

WW he could try but he may not be strong enough to compete aagainst gsp , cutting that much weight can affect him a lot

Anderson cannot beat Brock:rolleyes:

Ok, so how can people say X fighter at LHW would "demolish" him? Anderson Silva fits at LHW just as well as Lyoto Machida (who is the LHW champ, btw). So why would Rampage demolish Silva? How would Thiago or Rashad beat Silva? Silva is more powerful than Machida but is just as elusive (just doesn't look it, as he doesn't run away from his opponents like Machida). So yes, in my opinion, A. Silva would be the FAVORITE against every fighter at LHW, besides maybe Shogun or Machida (depending on who wins the upcoming fight).

Machida is my favorite fighter, and Silva is my 2nd favorite. Sadly, I doubt we will ever see these two match up. That is unless Shogun defeats Machida for the belt, Shogun beats his next opponent (probably the winner between Rashad and Rampage), and then Shogun would face Silva for the belt.

Then, perhaps in his last fight with the UFC, Silva would defend the belt against Machida.. I don't foresee this happening, but MAN, would that ever be a way to go out!

Archived