Top 6 fighters with potential that will never peak

honduriannightmare

cheick kongo- has needed to work on his wrestling ability for years will he ever?

sean sherk- all that muscle and no knockout power?.....really?

clay guida- self explanatory... geesh

forest griffin- same thing as sean sherk except no kind of speed what so ever

mike swick- hmmm there is just somthing missing i just dont know what

keith jardine- can someone plz fire him already?!!!

AND WHO EVER ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ON HERE ?

cheick kongo- has needed to work on his wrestling ability for years will he ever?

I agree with Kongo, Swick and perhaps Jardine. I never saw potential in Guida. Griffin and Sherk are former champions, they kinda did get to the top, didnt they?

i agree with kongo' date=' swick and perhaps jardine. I never saw potential in guida. Griffin and sherk are former champions, they kinda did get to the top, didnt they?[/quote']

yea until they lost and they have been trying to get back to the top ever since why because of the holes in both of their game that they have had for years n never fixed

I dont get why people count Sean Sherk out, the guy has GREAT boxing, seriously, his boxing is really good, QUICK hands, superior wrestling, i mean he took Tyson Griffin down at a couple of ocassions and even took his back twice, the only thing he lacks is reach and KO power, but i think he makes up for some of that with his sick conditioning

Maybe all these fighters did peak in fact I would say Griffin surpassed his peak. Not every fighters peak is winning the title.

Cro cop in UFC

Mac Danzig - won tuf at ww but got his butt handed to him at lw.

Matt Hamill - always liked him but he just fells short at higer competition.

Duane Ludwig - looks like hes broken already when entring the octagon

Thiago Silva - Just wait and see...

I dont get why people count Sean Sherk out' date=' the guy has GREAT boxing, seriously, his boxing is really good, QUICK hands, superior wrestling, i mean he took Tyson Griffin down at a couple of ocassions and even took his back twice, the only thing he lacks is reach and KO power, but i think he makes up for some of that with his sick conditioning[/quote']

yea but sick conditioning never ends fights and a great example is clay guida

yea until they lost and they have been trying to get back to the top ever since why because of the holes in both of their game that they have had for years n never fixed

Are there perfect fighters without holes in their games? I dont mean to antagonize you. Just saying ;)

I dont get why people count Sean Sherk out' date=' the guy has GREAT boxing, seriously, his boxing is really good, QUICK hands, superior wrestling, i mean he took Tyson Griffin down at a couple of ocassions and even took his back twice, the only thing he lacks is reach and KO power, but i think he makes up for some of that with his sick conditioning[/quote']

Yeah great boxing.......Frankie Edgar.........got it?

no particular order:

mark weir

xavier foupe pokam (think thats how its spelt)

jake rosholt

roger huerta

keith jardine

andrei arlovski

i know the last 2 have arguably already peaked etc but meh, theres always that risk that a fly will land on their chin and knock them out (yes i went there :P)

x

no particular order:

Mark weir

xavier foupe pokam (think thats how its spelt)

jake rosholt

roger huerta

keith jardine

andrei arlovski

i know the last 2 have arguably already peaked etc but meh' date=' theres always that risk that a fly will land on their chin and knock them out (yes i went there :P)

x[/quote'] you are right lol dont forget the sandman irvin

I don't think any of these guy's had some amazing untapped potential that was never realized. Technically anyone could have done better. clay guida for instance. The guy's a spaz in the octagon. He wears people out like a monkey on speed and distracts them with his massive whipping hairdo. Those special talents of his probably got him farther then he ever would have. I think he exceeded his potential.

Griffen has been around since the dawn of time. He's a great fighter but he's too old and set in his ways to compete with the new batch.

I don't think it's a matter of them not reaching their potential. I think a lot of other fighters were just better. Griffen's a great fighter but I don't see any untapped skills waiting to be awoken that will allow him to beat the hell out of Silva. Sure, if a couple of fighters weren't alive Griffen might have held the belt for a year or so but now we're talking about alternate universes not potential.

Archived