James Irvin and Duane Ludwig at the weigh -ins

Rex_Kwon_Do

Was it just me or was it hard to watch these guys at the weigh ins? Weight cutting has got to be a killer. Looking at these guys its hard to believe that that's not good for your body cutting that much weight. I'd be surprised if either one stays at their new weight class. The only person that I've seen look that bad is Mike Swick since he dropped down.

Ya Irvin especially... looked real bad in the face. He always has an odd sweaty' date=' sunken look to him though so who knows. It'd be interesting to see him in later rounds tomorrow but that wont happen.[/quote']

You have to remember though that this is closer to Irvin's original weight than he was at Heavyweight. The only reason he was once so big is because most of his training use to be weight training, back when he first entered the UFC. But now, he's focused more on training his skills than strength, which he stated is why he looks so small now compared to how he use to look.

he will be healthy for the fight it was all water he lost he was dehydrated and frail but you saw as soon as he got off the scale he hit the liquid hard' date=' [b']he will be back to 205 today[/b]

You're absolutely right about that, and the more I think about it the more I have a problem with it.

Was it just me or was it hard to watch these guys at the weigh ins? Weight cutting has got to be a killer. Looking at these guys its hard to believe that that's not good for your body cutting that much weight. I'd be surprised if either one stays at their new weight class. The only person that I've seen look that bad is Mike Swick since he dropped down.

they looked very emaciated to me

Yahoo sports reported Irvin was 198 pounds on Friday!!! If that's true that's crazy to cut that much weight in less than a 48 hour period....i didn't even know something like that was possible.

how do you figure? thats 13 lbs...in a normal workout the average person loses 3-5lbs of water weight. so 13lbs is not a huge ordeal at all?

everyone forgets its water, that's it.

when we wake up in the mornings, we are dehydrated, we are all much lighter as we've lost water weight over night, and after a few morning beverages your back to normal.

everyone makes weight cutting such a huge ordeal but it's been done for so long and there are no side effects besides some fatigue if you don't hydrate properly. 1 tblsp of water per minute for every lb lost normally does the trick. sounds odd but i've cut weight multiple times for grappling tourney

Archived