No Official Standings in the UFC?

the_bear413

Why is it there is no way of tracking, at least, the top 5 fighters of every division? The UFC has been exponentially getting popular over the last few years. I think it's time this was done. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm tired of speculation.

So with that said, would people be willing to help me create a top 5 for each division? It's not something that could happen overnight. It would take lots of polls and blogs, but it's something that I feel needs to be done ASAP, and I'm willing to donate my time to make it happen.

EDIT: Also post if you would like to see one implemented.

Dana White has stated that the fans choose the fights. I think a lot of us here want to see people who deserve title shots actually get them, so lets get it started.

Also, I don't think people will stop buying PPV's if they know that someone in the top 5 is getting a title shot. I think anybody with a brain would agree that if the person has proven themselves, they're due.

It is a solid idea.

I think they should do rankings based on something like NCAA college basketball rankings, where it's not solely based on record, but it incorporates a few different things. Difficulty of fighters, how easily they won the fight, overall record, improvement, ratio of finishes/decisions

there is no official ranking in the UFC cause then they'll have to give title shots to people that deserve it not people that can draw crowds ' date=' ppv buys ...[/quote']

unfortunately this is true.

everyone one complains about fighters

not deserving a title shot, yet...

everyone wants to see the same fighters

in fantasy bouts or rubber matches: 1,2,3, etc...

sad. :(

p.s. I do wish for official rankings.

Why is it there is no way of tracking' date=' at least, the top 5 fighters of every division? The UFC has been exponentially getting popular over the last few years. I think it's time this was done. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm tired of speculation.

So with that said, would people be willing to help me create a top 5 for each division? It's not something that could happen overnight. It would take lots of polls and blogs, but it's something that I feel needs to be done ASAP, and I'm willing to donate my time to make it happen.

EDIT: Also post if you would like to see one implemented.[/quote']

Great idea.

The fans should start doing so later the UFC can make it official later.

Why is it there is no way of tracking' date=' at least, the top 5 fighters of every division? The UFC has been exponentially getting popular over the last few years. I think it's time this was done. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm tired of speculation.

EDIT: Also post if you would like to see one implemented.[/quote']

Because the UFC is a promotion.

The Top Fighters are the ones hwo bring in the top dollars.

Archived